• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

D

Deleted member

Hey Kirby fans really grown attached to the spear welding warrior lately. After seeing Kirby Star Allies hope he gets added.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Oh no, not more

Also regarding a pun for the title, how about something along the line "our Star Ally deeserves his prize"? Chandeelure Chandeelure

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Is this Dream Friend making a special
appearance? This fella was selected to
represent the Waddle Dees as they accept their
perfect attendance award for the Kirby series.
When asked, he said, “Oh, I couldn’t!” But he
was practicing his spear moves at the time…

“I’m not just a pretty face!”
He’s got stellar attendance in the Kirby
series and deserves a prize. That bandana!
That spear! With his courage, he sets
While you were doing drugs I studied the spear

While you were engaged in premarital sex I practised the spear

While you were at the gym for sake of vanity I used the spear

Now that the demons are here you're all unprepared, except for me

As I studied the spear

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
seeing gooey playable has resparked my desire to see him in smash, but bandana dee is still my number one choice

Yetiplays

Smash Cadet
With the new game on the way, I really hope Sakurai adds another character from his Baby Kirby, the only real candidate I see would be The Dee. (I hope he'd play similar to SSF2)

D

Deleted member

Bandana Dee spears to victory or Bandana Dee Waddles in? Good tag lines for his appearance. Also just want to say though not getting it myself hope everyone enjoys Kirby Star Allies. The demo was a blast and I hope people who might not be the biggest Kirby fans give it a chance looks like a true gem. And even better you'll even be able to have Bandana Waddle Dee as one if your allies yay! *Does Kirby victory dance.*

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Oh man. I'm amped to get back on this wild ride with you dudes.

I'm excited to see how things go this time considering Dee boy has only grown in moveset potential and relevance

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
While you were doing drugs I studied the spear

While you were engaged in premarital sex I practised the spear

While you were at the gym for sake of vanity I used the spear

Now that the demons are here you're all unprepared, except for me

As I studied the spear
Shnickeys...am I this drunk at only 9 pm?

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I have a good feeling about this guy this time around. His importance hasn't faded one bit, still popular... I'm feeling the Dee

Last edited:

UnknownM

Smash Cadet
Do you guys expect him to have his parasol that he wields in battle royal? I would love him to, but due to the development cycle, idk if Sakurai saw that early enough.
If his parasol were to be implemented I could see Bandana Dee using it as his Shield (could be unique like :4yoshi:'s) and perhaps as his grab + throws.

Anyways, I really hope he gets in like pls pls pls pls let it happen.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
With sizeable Ballot support from both the West and Japan, relevancy being on his side with the amount of Kirby games pre and post Smash 4, and a gimmick that hasn't been done already, I would say Bandana Dee's chances are looking pretty good.

Not a shoe in but still pretty likely nonetheless.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I think with Bandana Dee taking one of the big 4 'uneasy alliance/playable villains' spots in the new Kirby game, Nintendo knows that he's one of the icons of Kirby. If Kirby does get another rep I 100% expect it to be Bandana Dee.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Bandanna Dee's chances have been much higher than every before. He fits every possible criteria, be it relevance or importance to his series. He is basically the fourth most important character in the Kirby series. I can easily see them bringing in Bandanna Dee, with the only alteration to call him "Waddle Dee" (similar to how Red was just called Pokemon Trainer), for name recognition.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Bandanna Dee's chances have been much higher than every before. He fits every possible criteria, be it relevance or importance to his series. He is basically the fourth most important character in the Kirby series. I can easily see them bringing in Bandanna Dee, with the only alteration to call him "Waddle Dee" (similar to how Red was just called Pokemon Trainer), for name recognition.
Actually in Kirby Star Allies it seems like they've finally decided to call him Bandana Waddle Dee in full.

Dragons Kin

Smash Cadet
Bandana Dee was the newcomer I wanted the most in Smash 4 since it was announced, I voted for him every day in the ballot. Seeing a potential port or new smash game with newcomers all over again with him being more likely then before is making me feel legit emotional...

...I just want him in Smash okay.

D

Deleted member

I think after all the appearances he's made and all his future ones his chances are very high.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Well, this will be my first time back on Smashboards since Smash 4 was released...and I absolutely HAD to come here to dees support thread, of course!:grin: I'm actually rather shocked I remembered my sign-on info, lol.

And of course, my profile pic is still Bandana Dee. Just how I left it!

Hope you all are doing well! Let's get to supporting the Dee in full. And looking forward to playing him in Star Allies!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well well well...

NessSaysOkay

Smash Apprentice
What is that promo image for? Is it for star allies? Cause if so that doesen't mean much

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Ey, so, does the term Brigadeer apply here, or? Anyhow, I'm putting together something Smash related. This is the Bandana Dee I drew for it.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Took awhile to get my account back and such (forgot my password :p), but I’m back!

Most people probably don’t remember me, but I was pretty active here back during the Smash 4 hype period. Nice that our Dee’s getting another chance!

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I'm going to take a guess and say he will be one of the very first ones to be announced more specifically E3. Otherwise not much later than that

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Ey, so, does the term Brigadeer apply here, or? Anyhow, I'm putting together something Smash related. This is the Bandana Dee I drew for it.
Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I'm going to take a guess and say he will be one of the very first ones to be announced more specifically E3. Otherwise not much later than that
I can see that, definitely. He's not a character repping a series new to smash or anything, so a huge, megaton announcement specifically for him seems unlikely.

It suits him to be announced with other newcomers, or to be a hidden character.

He's a humble little Dee, after all.:)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Oh hey, you actually changed the title of the thread to my suggestion. Sweet, thanks.

Bandana Dee. I'm hyped.

Top Bottom