• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

D

Deleted member

Yeah, pretty much everything you can think of has been spoiled.
Most of the stuff can be found here, be warned though, it'll spoil practically everything:
http://reserved-kirby.tumblr.com/post/171577738245/kirby-star-allies-datamine-findings-spoilers

The game has a difficulty slider for Arena, there's only 4 worlds but the 4th world is basically milky way wishes on steroids, there's 40 levels overall. The villains are in fact a cult, they're the "masters of a matter most dark" and their god is called "Void Termina", termina probably being based off of terminate or terminal, so it's English name essentially means empty end or complete nothingness. It's Japanese name is "Nil End", Nil meaning zero or nonexistant, End means end obviously. We don't know what Void Termina looks like yet but we got a lot of information on it from it's many info text boxes. Seriously, this thing has an insane amount of pause screen text.

"Rise! Oh, Dark Lord of Despair!
Crush the stars! Lay waste to care!
Rise and cover the land in sorrows!
May your symphony of emptiness
bring the end of all tomorrows!

Rise! Oh, Dark Lord of Despair!
Upon your wing, dark judgment bring!
May your symphony of tragedy
cause the end of everything!

The shocking true form of Void Termina has been
revealed! Born from the total absence of care
and composed of dark energy, he has awakened
from a state of mere existence to that of true
sentience. He now desires only one thing…
to CRUSH all opposition!

As the spring breeze blows, a young traveler appears.
After greeting new friends and bidding farewell
to old ones, his path has finally led him here.
Let’s beat this guy already! –After that, lunch and a nap!
[note: this is Kirby talking]

Rise and cover the land in sorrows!
May your symphony of emptiness
bring the end of all tomorrows!

Upon your wing, dark judgment bring!
May your symphony of tragedy
cause the end of everything!

Hatred, obsession, jealousy, greed… The darkness
gathered by Hyness has transformed into a corrupt
power within Void Termina that conflicts with his newly
forged soul. Chaos descends, but…you’ll be OK.
The Star Allies have your back! "

Here's the big ones.

"Hyness did not fully grasp how to completely
break the seal. All that was written about
Void Termina in the ancient scrolls was that
the progenitor of darkness was vanquished by
four heroes of yore, using four spears of the
heart. After that, they were never seen again."

"No telling if it’s true, but according to the ancient scrolls,
Void Termina may rise again in other forms depending
on whether positive or negative energy is gathered.
It seems this being of darkness will wander the galaxy
until one day he is reborn into a new existence.
When he returns, hopefully it will be as…a friend."

Void Termina was killed/defeated long ago before it's revival in this game but it has the ability to continually come back to life and manifest as different entities. Gee, I wonder what kind of entity Mr. Void became before this game? It'd probably have a similar name to Void that means the exact same thing like empty, null, nil or hey, Zero. With the whole "We, masters of a matter most dark" line and Void/Nil meaning the same thing as Zero, it sounds like Void Termina is Zero's original form/incarnation, or that it's the Demise to Zero's Ganon.

Also about the "When he returns, hopefully it will be as…a friend." thing.

Perhaps it already happened. :awesome:
View attachment 138102
These are supposedly the cultists Zan Partizanne and Hysen in some spooky form that resembles their god, Void Termina. Pretty cool designs.
I already knew about these things, but thanks.
I was mostly asked if they found anything new

That said, it is pretty exciting to think about the possibility of Dark Matter returning. Hopefully it means something for both him and our Bandana wearing hero
Also that main villain is basically a Fire Emblem villain :awesome:

\(°|°)/

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I already knew about these things, but thanks.
I was mostly asked if they found anything new

That said, it is pretty exciting to think about the possibility of Dark Matter returning. Hopefully it means something for both him and our Bandana wearing hero
Also that main villain is basically a Fire Emblem villain :awesome:

\(°|°)/
Oh sorry, I didn't realize that tumblr link was already posted here lol, my bad.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
WHY IS IT SO HARD TO STAY AWAY

I just want to talk about Kirby but I don't to get spoiled. I love Kirby. I need to talk Kirby. But leaks are everywhere.

Who's dumb idea was it to release a demo anyway :(

D

Deleted member

So who's looked at the leaks? Is it good stuff? Usual fan service I assume?
Yup.

Bandana Dee is not a helper nor does he have his own EX mode. Instead, he's playable in EX mode alongside Dedede and Meta Knight.
Also it seems like prototype Meta Knight is being made into a seperate character

\(°|°)/

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
How spoilery are those soft spoilers?

I think bosses I want to go in blind with.

You know, just to be safe, I won't look at it.

D

Deleted member

How spoilery are those soft spoilers?

I think bosses I want to go in blind with.

You know, just to be safe, I won't look at it.
It's post game stuff, but nothing major.
No bosses.

\(°|°)/

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Fudge I looked.

Nothing too extraordinary. But nice regardless

But now there is that extra layer of spoiler.

I NEED THIS GAME NOW.

D

Deleted member

This is the first time I have ever seen spoilers convince people to buy a game. Not even Smash games do that, in fact the leaks generated loads of salt after the full revelation of Brawl and Smash 3DS & Wii U roster.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
So, now that the datamine gates have been opened, do we know just what is with that blue Bandana Dee? With Bandana Dee playable I'd imagine it's just a pallet swap for a player two or something, but still. I want to know for certain what's going on here.

:094:

D

Deleted member

So, now that the datamine gates have been opened, do we know just what is with that blue Bandana Dee? With Bandana Dee playable I'd imagine it's just a pallet swap for a player two or something, but still. I want to know for certain what's going on here.

:094:
I think they said that Dedede and Meta Knight also have palette swaps. Could be wrong though.

\(°|°)/

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
A lot of people are complaining about the game being too easy, and the last video GameXplain uploaded doesn't help haha.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Had no idea these threads were here prior to today. Anyway, the hype is real and it's good to be back to furiously wishing for characters.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
For thousands of years I laid dormant.. who has disturbed my-
Oh we have the first little bit of Smash Switch news. AWESOME! time to get hyped and get to work supporting our favorite characters!

Hopefully it wont be long before we see something like this in a smash trailer

(only, you know. not hastily edited by me in a couple of minutes on photoshop.)

Also really glad to see Bandana Dee is in Star Allies. (avoiding those spoilers. but saw the news in the direct. the fact he's called a "fan favorite legacy character" is a good sign.

assuming smash switch isn't just a low effort port of Smash 4 with 1 or 2 new characters. I am really liking Bandana Dee's chances this time.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Bandana Waddle Dee has been given his own profile, key-art, and quote on the official Kirby Star Allies website;

I just thought that you all might like to see it, since it makes it clear that he's special among Waddle Dees.

D

Deleted member

I forgot to mention.
I love this render. He looks so ****ing cute
Bandana Dee SA.png

\(°|°)/

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
"and he deserves a prize for his stellar attendance in the Kirby series"

well, I can think of one prize I'd certainly like to see him get ;)

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Yes, they were.
Specifically, data for Bandana Dee, Meta Knight, and Dedede were found to be playable
Magolor has reference data alongside the RtDL trio and has SOME data on the game, but appeared to be cut. I'd wager we'll see him in free Dream Friend DLC soon.

I don't remember Marx, Gooey, or the Animal Friends trio.
That's because the leak was a datamine of the Demo, and Marx, Gooey, and the Animal Friends are going to be post-launch DLC. The RtDL trio (D3, MK, and B.Dee) were revealed in the leak.

Also the whole thing about Dream Friends adhering to P2-4 colors seems either a feature you can toggle or was changed or debunked? All the Dream Friends use their standard colors regardless of which Player they are.

It's still nice to see Bandana Dee put on the pedestal he's on, though. Very heartwarming profile for both him AND Dedede, I think.

D

Deleted member

Which extra characters do you think we're going to get aside from the ones already revealed?
Susie and Magolor seem likely to me.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Which extra characters do you think we're going to get aside from the ones already revealed?
Susie and Magolor seem likely to me.
I'm hoping for Adeleine, myself. That way with her, Bandana Dee (well, almost...) and King Dedede it will truly be the Kirby 64 sequel I've dreamed of.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Okay, between Bandanna Dee, Dedede, Meta Knight, Marx, Gooey, Rick, Kine, and Koo all being playable in Kirby Star Allies, I am definitely picking it up as soon as possible.

...Also, I think there might have been some kind of Nintendo-related fighting game announced, maybe? Haha. Here's hoping that Bandanna Dee gets a shot!

D

Deleted member

That's because the leak was a datamine of the Demo, and Marx, Gooey, and the Animal Friends are going to be post-launch DLC. The RtDL trio (D3, MK, and B.Dee) were revealed in the leak.
Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Only Dedede and Meta Knight (and Waddle Dee, but that was already implied by the PREVIOUS leak about him :V) were in the data, along with some reference to Magolor that were believed to be unused content.

....huh, maybe Magolor will be a future Dream Ally....

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
The direct revived my hope of Bandana Dee being playable in Smash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom