• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Plant wasn't part of the Fighter Pass, so if anything it would be five first-party and one third-party.
Yeah, that's true. I only included him to even out the numbers. But hey, five 1st party is even better odds for us. XD

Also, I'm now wondering why we didn't get a Star Allies stage. Imagine a stage that randomly loads Friendly Fields, Jambastion, The Divine Terminus, or Another Dimension (different aesthetic, same layout), and over the course of the battle, random Kirby enemies will appear that can be recruited similar to Flying Man. Such a missed opportunity...

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Yeah, that's true. I only included him to even out the numbers. But hey, five 1st party is even better odds for us. XD

Also, I'm now wondering why we didn't get a Star Allies stage. Imagine a stage that randomly loads Friendly Fields, Jambastion, The Divine Terminus, or Another Dimension (different aesthetic, same layout), and over the course of the battle, random Kirby enemies will appear that can be recruited similar to Flying Man. Such a missed opportunity...
I mean, they could recycle the Kirby enemy data from Smash 4; Master Core has Bonkers, Bronto Burt, Plasma Wisp, Waddle Dee and Doo (Gordo too but that's redundant) as "shadowy minions" in Wii U, so it'd be easy to bring that data back and give them back normal textures

kirbstr

Smash Apprentice
Bandanna Dee is pretty much my last hope of having an accurately represented Kirby character in smash (outside of sorta Dedede) and that's really the main. reason I want him. I love the little guy, of course, but he carries my hope for modern Kirby representation in smash on his nonexistent shoulders.

For the source material that they come from (ie moveset potential) Kirby and Meta Knight might be the worst designed fighters in Ultimate. They honestly just suck. I love Sakurai, but someone needs to tell him to get his head out of his own ass and update the older fighters sometimes. Meta Knight plays and feels NOTHING like he does in Kirby games anymore. Plus Kirby, with all his updated copy abilities and moveset potential, has been stuck with the same moveset for 20 years with the only changes being able to charge side-b, and going in and out of having the burning dash attack. Its like he put as much effort as possible into Kirby characters in Brawl and then said: "**** that lol" and stopped caring about them while making them all **** in the following games. Removing shuttle loop/gliding instead of reworking it, making all of Dedede's moves slow as ****. removing all of MK's range, gutting Dedede's airspeed, all while pretty much never changing Kirby himself. Its like he is going out of his way to **** on these characters. Never mind the fact that outside of some final smashes, the only kirby games that exist to Sakurai are Adventure, Super Star, and Air Ride.

Please be in the game. Spirits don't mean ****, Byleth proves we can get 1st parties, there are 6 more characters coming, the choices are likely based on the smash ballot and popular characters, just, please.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
Bandanna Dee is pretty much my last hope of having an accurately represented Kirby character in smash (outside of sorta Dedede) and that's really the main. reason I want him. I love the little guy, of course, but he carries my hope for modern Kirby representation in smash on his nonexistent shoulders.

For the source material that they come from (ie moveset potential) Kirby and Meta Knight might be the worst designed fighters in Ultimate. They honestly just suck. I love Sakurai, but someone needs to tell him to get his head out of his own ass and update the older fighters sometimes. Meta Knight plays and feels NOTHING like he does in Kirby games anymore. Plus Kirby, with all his updated copy abilities and moveset potential, has been stuck with the same moveset for 20 years with the only changes being able to charge side-b, and going in and out of having the burning dash attack. Its like he put as much effort as possible into Kirby characters in Brawl and then said: "**** that lol" and stopped caring about them while making them all **** in the following games. Removing shuttle loop/gliding instead of reworking it, making all of Dedede's moves slow as ****. removing all of MK's range, gutting Dedede's airspeed, all while pretty much never changing Kirby himself. Its like he is going out of his way to **** on these characters. Never mind the fact that outside of some final smashes, the only kirby games that exist to Sakurai are Adventure, Super Star, and Air Ride.

Please be in the game. Spirits don't mean ****, Byleth proves we can get 1st parties, there are 6 more characters coming, the choices are likely based on the smash ballot and popular characters, just, please.
Honestly, yeah.

Kirby content is general has been quite underwhelming since Sm4sh, especially with the lengths that Modern Kirby has taken with characters, abilities, environments and everything in-between over the years.
I mean seriously, bless Kumazaki for taking the director's torch without fooling around with it.
On the other hand, it's as if Sakurai wants little to nothing to do with Kirby nowadays, just because he isn't the director anymore.
(I did find it cute that he went to visit the Kirby Cafe one day, though.)

But now, after consistently seeing all of the multiplied love for franchises like Fire Emblem, it really puts everything into perspective about what Sakurai just plainly cares for at this point.

(Seriously, it's getting tiring having to be "happy" for franchises that get full-course meals of content given to them just for existing. Oh, and getting blasted with "H O E S M A D" posts from their fans if you even show the slightest bit of discontent with what they got.)

Last edited:

kirbstr

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, yeah.

Kirby content is general has been quite underwhelming since Sm4sh, especially with the lengths that Modern Kirby has taken with characters, abilities, environments and everything in-between over the years.
I mean seriously, bless Kumazaki for taking the director's torch without fooling around with it.
On the other hand, it's as if Sakurai wants little to nothing to do with Kirby nowadays, just because he isn't the director anymore.
(I did find it cute that he went to visit the Kirby Cafe one day, though.)

But now, after consistently seeing all of the multiplied love for franchises like Fire Emblem, it really puts everything into perspective about what Sakurai just plainly cares for at this point.

(Seriously, it's getting tiring having to be "happy" for franchises that get full-course meals of content given to them just for existing. Oh, and getting blasted with "H O E S M A D" posts from their fans if you even show the slightest bit of discontent with what they got.)
Yep, to him Kirby doesn't exist post 2001. Its unfortunate really because of how great every Kirby game Super Star Ultra and beyond is. Its almost comical how little there is from modern kirby in smash (like its been 20 years and Kirby's up-b is STILL final cutter???)

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
Yep, to him Kirby doesn't exist post 2001. Its unfortunate really because of how great every Kirby game Super Star Ultra and beyond is. Its almost comical how little there is from modern kirby in smash (like its been 20 years and Kirby's up-b is STILL final cutter???)
Now that I think about, that's basically the thing with all of the Smash 64 veteran fighters, with a few exceptions.
(But that's because their current abilities don't hold them back.)

With Kirby on the other hand, he has definitely gathered up enough abilities to not be bottom-tier anymore, but all he got in Ultimate was a recycled Melee move, like you said.

It really is saddening at this point.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Now that I think about, that's basically the thing with all of the Smash 64 veteran fighters, with a few exceptions.
(But that's because their current abilities don't hold them back.)

With Kirby on the other hand, he has definitely gathered up enough abilities to not be bottom-tier anymore, but all he got in Ultimate was a recycled Melee move, like you said.

It really is saddening at this point.
IMO, burning as a dash attack is worse than the yoyo spin; It's so punishable after being blocked that it's hilarious. Good kill option, bad everything else.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wow, the one thread I expected to be hopeful after a 1st party character and y'all on about Sakurai bias.

If Nintendo is making the short list again I have no doubt WD is on it. You seen the merch?

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Wow, the one thread I expected to be hopeful after a 1st party character and y'all on about Sakurai bias.

If Nintendo is making the short list again I have no doubt WD is on it. You seen the merch?
To be fair, the most updated thing we got in Ultimate for the Kirby characters was Kirby getting Burning back, and Meta Knight getting a final smash that references that...rush attack he has in Star Allies. Masked Dedede is hype, though. I wish the weird general idea that older characters should stay mostly the same wasn't a thing. At most, Yoshi is only one out of the originals that has consistently swapped out older moves or changed attacks entirely! Kirby got...the BOTW treasure chest. Heck, it would've been nice to make stone spike or something, or give him back that spinning side b he had in melee so he has some form of range? (update the damage accordingly, and Kirby would be...still kinda bad, but kind of okay?)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
To be fair, the most updated thing we got in Ultimate for the Kirby characters was Kirby getting Burning back, and Meta Knight getting a final smash that references that...rush attack he has in Star Allies. Masked Dedede is hype, though. I wish the weird general idea that older characters should stay mostly the same wasn't a thing. At most, Yoshi is only one out of the originals that has consistently swapped out older moves or changed attacks entirely! Kirby got...the BOTW treasure chest. Heck, it would've been nice to make stone spike or something, or give him back that spinning side b he had in melee so he has some form of range? (update the damage accordingly, and Kirby would be...still kinda bad, but kind of okay?)
Personally I think all of the original 8 need a rework.

Example Samus only goes morph ball in certain animations when a game accurate one would have the morph ball as a different stance.

(I'd say all 12 but Jiggly puff just needs a more useful sing and Falcon is basically an OC)

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Personally I think all of the original 8 need a rework.

Example Samus only goes morph ball in certain animations when a game accurate one would have the morph ball as a different stance.

(I'd say all 12 but Jiggly puff just needs a more useful sing and Falcon is basically an OC)
Agree, for example Yoshi should have a tether recovery with his tongue and Kirby having more copy abilities for his attacks.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Agree, for example Yoshi should have a tether recovery with his tongue and Kirby having more copy abilities for his attacks.
Can't believe it took until Ultimate for Kirby and Dedede to be able to spit back projectiles

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Best case scenario, this is an "opposite of FP1." By that, I mean FP1 had two 1st party characters (Plant, Byleth), and four 3rd party characters. What if instead for FP2 we get the opposite? Two 3rd party characters, four 1st party characters.
That would be the best timeline IMO.

1. Bandana Dee
2. Dixie Kong
3. Captain Toad
4. Porky Minch or Krystal assist upgrade.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
That would be the best timeline IMO.

1. Bandana Dee
2. Dixie Kong
3. Captain Toad
4. Porky Minch or Krystal assist upgrade.
Here's what my Fighters Pass 2 would look like if it had 2 3rd party reps and 4 first party reps:
Note: 1st and 6th Fighters are 3rd Party with 2, 3 ,4 and 5 being 1st Party.
1. Heavy (Team Fortress)
2. Bandanna Dee (Kirby)
3. Poochy (Yoshi)
4. Shake King (Wario)
5. Toxtricity (Pokemon)
6. Amaterasu (Okami)
How would you rate this?

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU

I can't help it! :upsidedown:
I even told myself "I don't mind Byleth, in fact, this means that people can't gatekeep 1st Party characters from joining for the rest of the DLC!"
But then the whole controversy came up, and then I started getting a touch annoyed with all of the content that Kirby doesn't have in comparison to other franchises like Fire Emblem, not to mention Sakurai's consistent neglect of the Kirby franchise.

But, I'll hold my tongue if Kirby content of any caliber is announced as DLC for Ultimate (and if not, I'll quietly weep in a corner).

kirbstr

Smash Apprentice
As bad as Sakurai has been to Kirby over the last two games; if Bandana Dee is DLC all will be forgiven.

If we get NOTHING new for Kirby in this DLC, when almost literally every other major Nintendo franchise has gotten a newcomer in Ultimate, then I will riot.

Mario got Pirana Plant
Pokemon got Incenaroar
Metroid got Ridley
Donkey Kong got K. Rool
Fire Emblem got Blyeth

The only other major franchise in our boat is Zelda, and I'd say they deserve a newcomer just as much as we do. Salt in the wound tho is a lot of Zelda characters got move set/design revamps in Ultimate (Link, Ganondorf, Zelda, Toon Link) where Kirby got pretty much nothing.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
As bad as Sakurai has been to Kirby over the last two games; if Bandana Dee is DLC all will be forgiven.

If we get NOTHING new for Kirby in this DLC, when almost literally every other major Nintendo franchise has gotten a newcomer in Ultimate, then I will riot.

Mario got Pirana Plant
Pokemon got Incenaroar
Metroid got Ridley
Donkey Kong got K. Rool
Fire Emblem got Blyeth

The only other major franchise in our boat is Zelda, and I'd say they deserve a newcomer just as much as we do. Salt in the wound tho is a lot of Zelda characters got move set/design revamps in Ultimate (Link, Ganondorf, Zelda, Toon Link) where Kirby got pretty much nothing.
Me too. (Also the Yoshi and Wario series haven't gotten a 2nd rep for a long time, same as F-Zero which is dead.)

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

to be fair its a first party that reinforces another bias

Dbombiallo

Smash Cadet
How would y'all update the Kirby series in Smash if ever get an update. If Bandana dee ever gets in can we not do any of that Hoes mad stuff.

P47

Smash Apprentice
How would y'all update the Kirby series in Smash if ever get an update.
Besides a new fighter I'd add:
  • New stage: Another Dimension, the Jambastion, or the Access Ark
  • Music tracks (30 total): Magolor Phase 1, Sectonia Phase 1, Galacta Knight, Masked Dedede, Star Dream Phase 1, Star Dream Phase 3, Vs. The 3 Mage Sisters, Void Soul, Astral Birth Void, Morpho Knight (Adeleine, Taranza, DMK, Gooey, and Susie), Dark Matter Swordsman (Robobot), Miracle Matter, Kirby 64 Boss Theme, Aqua Star, Aqua Harbor, Moonlight Capital, Ripple Field 1, Iceberg, King D Mind, Above the Clouds, Factory Inspection, Robobot Boss Theme, Triple Deluxe Boss Theme, Meta Knight (Epic Yarn), Yin Yarn, Bubbly Clouds or Butter Building (Epic Yarn)
  • New spirits (16 total excluding enhanced versions): Taranza, Dark Meta Knight, Sphere Doomer -> Grand Doomer, Ado -> Adeleine and Ribbon, Acro, Zero -> 02, President Haltmann, Star Dream -> Galactic Nova, Drawcia, Claycia, Hyness, Void Termina -> Void, Butterfly -> Morpho Knight, Dark Matter (True Form), Miracle Matter, Pon and Con
It's looks like a lot but there's honestly a ton more I could've chosen.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Yeah, the Kirby franchise has alot of untapped content that designing a challenger pack for it wouldn't be much of an issue.
Some say Three Houses lines up with Sakurai's comment about new worlds and that's why Byleth will be the only first-party we'll get but heck, when looking at Kirby representation in Smash, modern Kirby as a whole might as well count as a new world.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
That music selection while amazing is unfortunately unrealistic. Does any game ever introduce more boss themes then stage themes for any of the franchises?

P47

Smash Apprentice
That music selection while amazing is unfortunately unrealistic. Does any game ever introduce more boss themes then stage themes for any of the franchises?
Oh yeah it's unrealistic as all hell but I can dream dammit lol. Besides the ones I already listed there are plenty of stage themes that could work though from 64, DL3, Robobot, etc

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
How would y'all update the Kirby series in Smash if ever get an update. If Bandana dee ever gets in can we not do any of that Hoes mad stuff.
Yes, no Hoes Mad from us, please.
We mustn't stoop that low.

On that note, if Bandana Dee got into Smash I'd just like a few more Boss themes like "Mind in the P.R.O.G.R.A.M" and "Masked Dedede", maybe some more Star Allies music since it's the newest entry so far, Spirits of core characters that were missing from the base game (Taranza, Adeleine etc), and as for the stage:

I basically want a Tour Stage like the one that Three Houses got, cycling through Cookie Country, the Dreamstalk, Access Ark, and Jambastion

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Guys, I think Dee is FP11.
Think 'bout it.
Nintendo kept Byleth secret from everyone, and Waluigi is getting a ton of leaks...
Meaning, he's almost certainly leakbait.
And the only big Nintendo character besides Waluigi/Geno... is Dee.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Guys, I think Dee is FP11.
Think 'bout it.
Nintendo kept Byleth secret from everyone, and Waluigi is getting a ton of leaks...
Meaning, he's almost certainly leakbait.
And the only big Nintendo character besides Waluigi/Geno... is Dee.
No offense, but we don't even know who Fighter 6 is. Why are we speculating on Fighter 11? Plus, any big Nintendo character can just pop into existance between now and then. What's stopping them from going for them?

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
I made a fighter pack for Dixie before. So, I wanted to make more for my other most wanted characters. Here's my dream fighter pack for Bandana Dee. BTW put me in the support list. I have loved the little guy since his role in Revenge of the King.

spirits deconfirm!!!
Just take the Star Allies render. It's a different PNG than the one already in the game, end of the argument.

Another Dimension

Since it has made multiple appearances in various games since Return to Dreamland.
It's base form could be a plain stage with walls like Willy's Castle. With two platforms (With the same design that in Star Allies' Another Dimension) placed somewhere.
Sometimes you should be able to see some Kirby enemies in their mutated "Another Dimension forms", Grandia, Galacta Knight, the Mage Sisters and the Lor Starcutter flying around in the background.

The platforms of the stage dissapear when some of the stage effects are about to happen.
The stage has three effects. The color of the ground could change depending on what's about to happen.

If it's yellow. The form of the terrain changes erratically, separating from each other, gaining height, becoming wider... from time to time. Like in Star Allies.

If it becomes gray, walls appear around the blastzone that will damage and kill anyone over 100%.

And finally. If it becomes blue. Many star portals appear. That could teleport fighters into another spots of the map OR contain dangerous hazards if someone gets close to them.

The Star Ally

The theme of this route is a reference to all the adventures and roles that Bandana Dee has had since he became a recurrent main character.

Stage 1: Vs :ultkirby: on the Boxing Ring. :ultkingdedede: is your Ally.
Stage 2: Vs Giant Red :ultcharizard: on Find Mii. Allies are :ultkirby:, :ultkingdedede: and :ultmetaknight:.
Stage 3: Vs Giant Blue :ultrobin: on Another Dimension. Black Hole items spawn often. Allies are :ultkirby:, :ultkingdedede: and :ultmetaknight:.
Stage 4: Vs :ultmorton: and Pink :ultisabelle: on Green Greens. Healing items spawn often. Your ally is :ultkirby:.
Stage 5: Vs Pink :ultkrool:, then multiple :ultcloud:s (LOL) spawn on Fountain of Dreams. Ally is :ultkirby:.
Stage 6: Vs :ultmetaknight: (Galacta Knight skin) on Another Dimension. After you KO him. Three :ultpalutena: of different colors spawn. :ultmetaknight: is your ally.
Final Battle: Vs Blue Giant :ultridley: on Fountain of Dreams. After you KO him. A Giant white :ultkirby: appears. Your allies are :ultkirby:, :ultkingdedede: and :ultmetaknight:.

Classic mode picture should be a reference to end picture of Star Allies. But with all four Kirby characters.

Masked Dedede (Triple Deluxe version)
Galacta Knight (Return to Dreamland version)
Super Copy Ability - New Remix
Grand Doomer
Another Dimension - New Remix
Under my Control
Revenge of the Enemy
Vs Dedede Clones
Vs Mecha Knight
Vs Star Dream
Mind in a Program - New Remix
Power of Four
Fiercesome Lightning
Vs Void Termina

There are many, many, many missing Kirby spirits in the base game. But let's just focus on the Kumazaki era, where Bandana Dee comes from. With one exception.
- Adeleine and Ribbon: Why are they missing from the base game? Anyway, green :ultvillager: and small :ultjigglypuff: on Dreamland 64.
- Grand Doomer: Vs Yellow :ultridley: in Another Dimension. He spams neutral B and Up B a lot. Also fire items spawn often.
- Shadow Dedede: Black :ultkingdedede: on Fountain of Dreams. He spams Neutral B and UP B often. Dark themed items like Death Scythe spawn often.
- Taranza: :ultmorton: on Fountain of Dreams. Opponent likes to avoid combat. You have a time limit to defeat him.
- Mecha Knight: Dark themed :ultmetaknight: on Halberd. Has help from the claw-themed Assist Trophies like Arcade Bunny and uses a Laser Sword.
- Haltmann: Vs :ultrob: on New Pork City Omega. R.O.B spams side B, neutral air and down air.
- Star Dream: Vs giant :ultjigglypuff: on Fountain of Dreams. Laser themed items like Ray Gun, the Staff and Rage Blaster spawn often. Time limit is 1 minute.
- Hyness: Vs White :ultrobin: on Brinstar Depths. Three little :ultpalutena:s are his helpers.
- Morpho Knight: Vs Red / black :ultdarkpit:. Stamina battle and your health is low.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Always rooting for our little spear buddy would be cool if he was in fighter pass volume 2.

kirbstr

Smash Apprentice
I'd update the moves of Kirby and Meta Knight to more accurately reflect their abilities in more recent kirby games (more copy abilities, Meta Knightmare special moves ect.), I'd add "another dimension" as a stage from RtDL or Rhythm Route from PRB, I'd add remixes of songs from more modern Kirby games (Sky Tower, Snowball Scuffle, Techno Factory, Another Dimension, Floral Feilds, Reflected Laughter, Dirty and Beauty, Moonstruck Blossom, Revenge of the Enemy, Masked DeDeDe, Galacta Knight's theme, Mind in a PROGRAM medley, Hyness's theme, ect.), and finally, I'd add Bandana Dee/Magolor as a fighter and have Galacta Knight/Dark Meta Knight be an echo of Meta Knight.

None of that will happen obviously, but a man can dream.

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
It's kinda weird, but Meta Knight does have more accurate moves as of Ultimate. Flurry attack seems to be based on the flurry move from Sword, up tilt is a more stylized version of his Upthrust, Mach Tornado is now more accurate to Super Star since it hits harder and only once, and I guess Dimensional Cape is the only special move that is loose enough to fit Meta Knight? I'll never understand why he has moves that seem to reference the Ninja, Fighter and Jet copy abilities though. In a way, Meta Knight is weirdly more of Kirby's copy abilities than himself...

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So Somecallmejohnny (a Youtuber) just posted his review of Kirby's Dream Land 2, 3, and Super Star. During the portion where he talks about Super Star Ultra's Revenge of the King, he notes how Bandanna Dee is the last line of defense Dedede has, and despite knowing he didn't stand a chance, he went up against Kirby anyway because he was THAT loyal to his king. I thought that was a nice mention.

Paraster

Smash Lord
A random thought that occurred to me a while back (can't remember how; it might even have been suggested before in this very thread): how difficult would it be to tool Bandana Dee into an Echo of Meta Knight?

(note that I am not the most familiar with BD's canonical moves and as such am going off descriptions from a wiki)

My opinion: I feel like you could get away with giving BD longer range versions of Meta Knight's regular attacks (likely with damage/knockback/speed/something else tuned down to compensate). Regarding specials: I feel like you could turn Mach Tornado into Waddle Copter and Drill Rush into a flashier version of Spear Thrust/Multispear Attack. Shuttle Loop doesn't really correspond cleanly to any existing BD moves as far as I can tell; my best idea is heavily editing it into a version of Ground Thrust's pole vault (maybe having BD swing the spear downward to fling himself into the air). Dimensional Cape would probably have to be flat-out replaced; the best pick is Waddle Spear/Triple Throw in my opinion.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
A random thought that occurred to me a while back (can't remember how; it might even have been suggested before in this very thread): how difficult would it be to tool Bandana Dee into an Echo of Meta Knight?

(note that I am not the most familiar with BD's canonical moves and as such am going off descriptions from a wiki)

My opinion: I feel like you could get away with giving BD longer range versions of Meta Knight's regular attacks (likely with damage/knockback/speed/something else tuned down to compensate). Regarding specials: I feel like you could turn Mach Tornado into Waddle Copter and Drill Rush into a flashier version of Spear Thrust/Multispear Attack. Shuttle Loop doesn't really correspond cleanly to any existing BD moves as far as I can tell; my best idea is heavily editing it into a version of Ground Thrust's pole vault (maybe having BD swing the spear downward to fling himself into the air). Dimensional Cape would probably have to be flat-out replaced; the best pick is Waddle Spear/Triple Throw in my opinion.
well none of their moves are all that similar in game, the moves you list there none of them work like meta night's specials so they would all have basically been out right replaced. i just dont think itd work at all

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987

If you have to spend so much time to edit so many parts of the moveset. By that point just make an original character.
This idea sounds like a frankestein monster of moves that won't end up pleasing anyone.

BTW Spear copter not being the Up B recovery would be the biggest crime ever in Smash's history.

Last edited:

P47

Smash Apprentice
Random idea but what if Bandee's Up B was the Bluster version of Waddle/Spear Copter? Functionally it wouldn't be any different than Waddle Copter in SSF2 besides going higher (you still descend after using it) but it'd be a cute little visual nod to Star Allies

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Random idea but what if Bandee's Up B was the Bluster version of Waddle/Spear Copter? Functionally it wouldn't be any different than Waddle Copter in SSF2 besides going higher (you still descend after using it) but it'd be a cute little visual nod to Star Allies
My main gimmick for Bandanna Dee would be him using elemental attacks. (Sizzle/Splash/Bluster/Blizzard/Zap.)

Top Bottom