• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ballz Deep#2 - Melee (Bring Setups!!) June 15, 2013 Los... - June 15th, 2013 - Los Angeles CA

WestBallz

Smash Ace
There is parking in the area. Its kinda tough to find so just call me at (818) 421-5637 so i can help you find your way.

Times

11:30 A.M. - Signups begin
12:30 P.M. - Signups close, Doubles begins
~4 P.M. Singles pools begin

Fees
Venue: $5
Singles: $5
Doubles: $10 ($5 per teammate)

KOC2 Ruleset will be used. Even tho i hate it lmfao.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
but what if you win on the stage you both struck to? by striking there you both agree it's neutral, so why shouldn't you be able to play on that?

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
but what if you win on the stage you both struck to? by striking there you both agree it's neutral, so why shouldn't you be able to play on that?
Because players can switch characters. Though you agree that the stage you struck to is the most neutral for game 1, it may not be neutral for the whole set.

Also, I think its important to win on more than one stage. In a bo5 scenario, you could win game 1 and decide to counterpick it the next 2 times and win the set. I don't think thats competitively interesting, and I don't think the losing player ought to be punished so harshly for making a strategic (not gameplay) mistake ... you shouldn't lose a set just cause you struck to their favorite/best stage.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
well, no, you lost the set because you were the worse player. "just cause you struck to their favorite/best stage"? just because that might happen doesn't mean that when it happens it was solely because of the stage.

i don't care about stage i play on though, i just wanted to know the logic. (personally i'd prefer no bans in any bo set but w/e). the first part of your post ("players can switch characters") makes sense. so **** it.

BTW Wes: waiving the venue fee for those who bring setups wouldn't be a bad idea =P. after all you can't have a tourny w/o setups.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I think people would bring their TVs/setups regardless of waived venue fee or not
Hope everyone comes out to this, we had like at least 25-30 people last time? It'll be a great time as usual
go falco!

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Fun tourney. It's nice to get back in the groove of things; also great seeing the Green Ranger again for the first time in something like 5 years. Shoutouts to DK.

Top Bottom