• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balancing Sonic

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Link to original post: [drupal=695]Balancing Sonic[/drupal]

Sonic seeks to use his speed, especially ground movement, to harass the opponent at all times and force a gimp.

Sonic has trouble against characters who cannot be easily comboed or gimped.

+ Reduce initial lag on jabs and F-Smash.
+ Increased pummel speed.
+ Slightly increase damage on all throws and U-Smash.
+ Increase damage and knockback on f-tilt, d-tilt, and B.
+ Downward knockback on Up-B spring projectile. (!!!)

I dream of a Sonic who is king of gimps... Incredibly annoying, gets you over 200% one stock and kills you at 15% the next. A terrifying force that makes people scared to be off the stage, and does tons of damage to those on it. My listed changes don't seem to do much initially, but that spring has the potential to be downright broken against some characters. I also increased his damage and KO potential a good amount, although without more priority it is still up to the Sonic players to hit their opponents in the first place!

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Don't increase the knock back on his tilts, that hinders his damage racking ability. Increase the kb for Bair, make him faster as well.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
As someone else before me has said, don't change the tilts knockback. We need those to chain moves together.

However, the utilts range should be improved, and his HA's knockback & damage should be increased.

Finally, I believe a downward knockback to his spring would be absolutely sexy.

Everything else, for that matter, is awesome based on how you would balance him out.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Why increase pummel speed?
It's quite fast, 3% damage, and I remember reading in an old thread that the damage:time ratio was second best in the game. Any faster and it'd be broken lol.
Also his throws don't really need any more damage. Upthrow already does the most damage out of any other in the game.
DON'T increase knockback of tilts, Sonic would be screwed if that happened. Dtilt leads into so many things <3
I'd take increased damage though. 6% for dtilt isn't great.

What I'd do is remove starting lag off his fsmash, and a few of his other slower attacks, and give a few attacks more range (I'm looking at you, utilt ¬_¬)

Top Bottom