• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balance Patch 1.0.6 Notes

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
You can still short hop > z-drop > nair Metal Blades. That's how I've been doing it this whole time anyway. It was my preferred method compared to the double sticking method. Bummer about not being able to Smash attack anymore though.

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
can anyone confirm megaman's shadowblade range? it feels like its range is farther now

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
can anyone confirm megaman's shadowblade range? it feels like its range is farther now
@NinjaLink and I tested this (he has the patch, I decided to wait on it). They're the same. Reading through the thread I'll just post what we both felt are confirmed.

-Leaf Shield launches faster (we saw this based on Mega's hand placement upon launching and then shielding as fast as possible). Leaves still have a soft spike.
-Uair is wider, and there is a stronger windbox upward push.
-Zdropping is your savior now.

We couldn't see any differences between any of the other customs. We took percentages for all of Mega's regular moves. That's all I've got for you guys. Hope it's helpful though I'm pretty sure everybody knew this at this point.

Blue24

Smash Cadet
@NinjaLink and I tested this (he has the patch, I decided to wait on it). They're the same. Reading through the thread I'll just post what we both felt are confirmed.

-Leaf Shield launches faster (we saw this based on Mega's hand placement upon launching and then shielding as fast as possible). Leaves still have a soft spike.
-Uair is wider, and there is a stronger windbox upward push.
-Zdropping is your savior now.

We couldn't see any differences between any of the other customs. We took percentages for all of Mega's regular moves. That's all I've got for you guys. Hope it's helpful though I'm pretty sure everybody knew this at this point.
What do you mean zdrop is our savior?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
It was more or less a joke. Since you can no longer hold an item while pelleting, you'll have to rely on zdropping a metal blade or other item and then pelleting with nair instead.

Top Bottom