• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bair or Fair?

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Thats a question that stays in my mind no matter what when im brawling
I mean i use w.e comes to mind as far as reflexes go
but whats really better in terms of starting off a battle?

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
I'd say either, since with bair if its one of the first moves you use you'll have time to refresh. But itll be easier to get an fair in early

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I'd say fair. I mean, bair is a kill move. Start up with fair since you're only going to be using it to rack up damage. Also, it gets through like everything and is hard to punish.

Save bair for the kill.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
It's been said, but whatever; fair's used for damage and spacing and bair's for kills.

Shaky

Smash Ace
How about Dair? In my opinion, it is equally as good as Fair.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Dair also has a ton of lag and is relatively easy to avoid. The other three aerials come out and go back in quicker.
That's the point.

Use whatever you feel is necessary. Certain opponents require different approaches. Using bair on a character like Marth as an approach would be stupid unless you're going for the kill. Even so, you have more than one KO ability. Go with fair or nair. In this case, fair.

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this is advisable, but if I'm playing a large character like DeDeDe or Bowser I go in with Bairs to rack up damage quickly. The low initial knockback lets me hit multiple times quickly.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Hm. I thought you were saying that Ness' other aerials were better than dair, which is true when it comes to speed. However, Ness' dair is good for pressuring shields, hitting spotdodgers and opponents who roll.

Top Bottom