• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BaganSmashBros and ko.'s Kustom Kontent - King K. Rool, Kraid and...Metal Face?!

How would you rate each project?

• (K. Rool) Kotally Awesome 5/5

Votes: 166 80.2%
  • (K. Rool) Kool 4/5

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • (K. Rool) ...ok? 3/5

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • (K. Rool) K. Rapp 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (K. Rool) Kek 1/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Kraid) Awesomesauce 5/5

Votes: 54 26.1%
  • (Kraid) Very good 4/5

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • (Kraid) Good 3/5

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • (Kraid) Fair 2/5

Votes: 14 6.8%
  • (Kraid) Poor 1/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) ...SMASHING! Hah hah hah 5/5

Votes: 90 43.5%
  • (Metal Face) Acceptable 4/5

Votes: 38 18.4%
  • (Metal Face) Weak! 3/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) Pathetic! 2/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Metal Face) Worthless! 1/5

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
As a huge fan of K. Rool and doing an in depth moveset (Which was posted earlier here) as well as general fan-art of the big guy, I'd love to have the honor of being a beta tester. I have my Wii and Brawl set up waiting to be used lol. Pretty knowledgeable on competitive Smash, so I know the basics.

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Bagan, got some kool questions for you.

1. What you mean by XC's plot? Is it really possible for Mumkhar's mechon to shrink in size? regards, i'm still stoked for the Metal Face PSA (sorry, can't beta test. maybe when i get a beter drive/computer :\)
2. Are you still interested on Ganon, Bagan? Also, i've just asked him months ago and got a reply back today. Angelglory finished the Beast Ganon model, though he has no plans to use it for modding purposes. Maybe you should ask if the model is available for use. http://smashboards.com/members/angelglory.78266/#profile-post-927206
3. Will PM K. Rool have his belly armor?
4. You deserve a break on the PM Ridley mod. I'm still wondering if you'll ever work on the PM Brawl Ridley one day? (pls don't drop it ;_; )
5. i'll ask this question after you and your kompany finish rigging K. Rool

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
As a huge fan of K. Rool and doing an in depth moveset (Which was posted earlier here) as well as general fan-art of the big guy, I'd love to have the honor of being a beta tester. I have my Wii and Brawl set up waiting to be used lol. Pretty knowledgeable on competitive Smash, so I know the basics.
Ok then.
Bagan, got some kool questions for you.

1. What you mean by XC's plot? Is it really possible for Mumkhar's mechon to shrink in size? regards, i'm still stoked for the Metal Face PSA (sorry, can't beta test. maybe when i get a beter drive/computer :\)
2. Are you still interested on Ganon, Bagan? Also, i've just asked him months ago and got a reply back today. Angelglory finished the Beast Ganon model, though he has no plans to use it for modding purposes. Maybe you should ask if the model is available for use. http://smashboards.com/members/angelglory.78266/#profile-post-927206
3. Will PM K. Rool have his belly armor?
4. You deserve a break on the PM Ridley mod. I'm still wondering if you'll ever work on the PM Brawl Ridley one day? (pls don't drop it ;_; )
5. i'll ask this question after you and your kompany finish rigging K. Rool
1. Well, not really, but new one can be made...and he will still fit. Not that he needs to be inside.
2. Yes.
3. Maybe.
4. I won't.

Last edited:

likiji123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Likiji123
3DS FC
2964-9225-5942
  • Can you handle large and heavy character with high falling speed (like Ganondorf and Captain Falcon)? This is to make sure you understand how things go.
  • Do you know all of the basic ATs like l-cancelling and wavedashing?
  • Wii/WiiU or Dolphin?
I would love to join beta testing
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Dolphin

Last edited:

likiji123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Likiji123
3DS FC
2964-9225-5942
There's 4th question (Do you want to test only K.Rool? Only Kraid? Only Metal Face? Any character? Only 2 out of 3?
) i forgot to add to that post, but added it to OP.
oh, i would like to test K.Rool and Kraid

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Added grab attack and Massacre Lotus or whatever its called (taken from...someone who should not be mentioned) as Down Throw to Metal Face.

Unlike original attack, it doesn't instantly kills for obvious reasons. Instead, it deals high damage (17%), but its also very slow and knockback growth isn't high. He either laughs or uses one of randomly chosen lines during this throw.
Note: framerate on the .gif is 20fps. And mii post image in the background was not intentional.
This is really cool. Got anymore gifs? :p

TooSlow!

Smash Cadet
NNID
LegendOfZorldo
3DS FC
3926-7384-0133
  • Can you handle large and heavy character with high falling speed (like Ganondorf and Captain Falcon)? This is to make sure you understand how things go.
  • Do you know all of the basic ATs like l-cancelling and wavedashing?
  • Wii/WiiU or Dolphin?
  • Do you want to test only K.Rool? Only Kraid? Only Metal Face? Any character? Only 2 out of 3?
Is there too many testers?
If not:
Yeah. I play ridley alot.
I know what they are, but I'm more of a casual player
Wii U
All Them

Last edited:

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011
  • Can you handle large and heavy character with high falling speed (like Ganondorf and Captain Falcon)? This is to make sure you understand how things go. --> Yes
  • Do you know all of the basic ATs like l-cancelling and wavedashing? --> Yes
  • Wii/WiiU or Dolphin? --> Wii
  • Do you want to test only K.Rool? Only Kraid? Only Metal Face? Any character? Only 2 out of 3? --> I might be a little busy, so only Metal Face if possible
That is if you still are accepting testers. Thanks :)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Is there too many testers?
If not:
Yeah. I play ridley alot.
I know what they are, but I'm more of a casual player
Wii U
All Them
There can be 3 more, so, not yet.
And um...Ridley falls slowly and he is light.
  • Can you handle large and heavy character with high falling speed (like Ganondorf and Captain Falcon)? This is to make sure you understand how things go. --> Yes
  • Do you know all of the basic ATs like l-cancelling and wavedashing? --> Yes
  • Wii/WiiU or Dolphin? --> Wii
  • Do you want to test only K.Rool? Only Kraid? Only Metal Face? Any character? Only 2 out of 3? --> I might be a little busy, so only Metal Face if possible
That is if you still are accepting testers. Thanks :)
Good.
How long until a full video would be ready? Words cannot describe how hype I am for Metal Face to be released.
When youtube won't be an a****** for me.

For those who actually saw all of Metal Face's attacks (i saw only 4 - one where he spins, one where he smashes the ground, one when he uses both hands to slice opponent and one where he transforms into jet mode and shoots that laser into the ground), could someone list all of them with proper descriptions? Or even .gifs?

latinking

Smash Apprentice
Extremely excited after seeing the K.Rool model!

I have ideas I'd like to suggest about the mod. However, since i have no idea on the limitations of modding on Brawl/Project M and how they work, I can assume some of these will be impossible to do. The suggestions will cover the following categories: K.Rool's style of gameplay, Down B, Golden Belly, Throws, Final Smashes, Victory Animations.

1. Style of gameplay
The Kremling king, at first glance, seems simply like an overweight crocodile. However, he has demonstrated to have bursts of athletic-like prowess in boss battles, making it safe to say that he is more muscle than fat (like the Kingpin from Marvel). In fact, in DKC 1-2 and DK64, he gets faster everytime he gets hurt. Would it be possible, or acceptable, to implement a mechanic into the mod that is based off of this? Here's two ways this could happen.

A) Implementing a gameplay mechanic in which K.Rool gets faster the higher his damage percentage gets. It would be similar to Brawl's Lucario, but instead of getting more powerful with damage, K.Rool's walking/running/jumping/falling speed would get boosted.
B) Implementing a Special Attack (Down B) that temporarily increases K.Rool's moving speed. Project M's Lucas has a Special Move that allows him to boost up his next Smash Attack's damage (his grabs as well if I'm not mistaken). The Kremling king, however, could instead fill up an invisible meter every time he'd use Down B. When fully filled, it would give him a burst of speed for all his movements (walk/jump/run/fall) that would last a few seconds. Maybe his attacks' animations get faster as well?

I personally prefer the 2nd idea. A slow powerhouse that, if used correctly, gains athletic agility to overcome his weight and run around the stage to dominate. However, it might require making K.Rool's natural speed sufficiently sluggish in order to make Down B useful.

2. Down B Shock gadget
If the speed-boost mechanic is thrown out the window, then I can start on another idea for Down B. In DKC 3, K. Rool would make the floor unusable due to the electricity coursing between two antennas. Similar to Snake's mine-planting and Diddy Kong's banana peels, what if K.Rool's Down B made him drop a tiny gadget with an antenna on the floor? This gadget would remain utterly useless, until K.Rool uses another Down B: He pulls out a control with a red button, presses it, and his gadget on the floor becomes electrified, hurting any characters that touch it. And it gets better! If K.Rool uses a 3rd Down B, he would drop another gadget on the floor, in which two things can happen. If it's at a decent distance from the first gadget, it would create a line of electricity between the two antennas on the floor, making the ground between them a hazard for a while. If, however, K.Rool drops the gadget too close or too far from the other one, the first antenna would explode, leaving the 2nd one to act as the standalone hazard. This forces players to carefully know the right distance between the 2 antennas if they wish to create the electric floor. Too close or too far, and you basically lose all the precious time you took to set them up.

3. Golden Belly
According to one of K.Rool's original designers from DKC 1, his belly is actually covered in armor made of pure gold. How can we make use of this cool trait in the mod?
A) Make any frontal attacks, or attacks strictly aimed at his belly/chest, do half the damage or have K.Rool be unfazed. What I mean by unfazed, is he simply would not flinch from the attacks, but still get damaged. Having this kind of super-armor would make him quite dangerous if opponents try to interrupt K.Rool's attacks from the front, since they'd be unable to stop him from finishing the attack animations. Or perhaps his belly could act exactly like Link/Toon Link's Shields, in which they simply stop projectiles, except K.Rool would not have to stand still for it to work (in other words, he just needs to line up the projectile with his belly to protect himself, be it on the ground or air).
B) The Grab Attack. Have a look at the pic below.

Now picture this as K.Rool's pose (or something similar to it) whenever he has successfully grabbed ahold of an opponent, with said opponent being held high in his right arm. Whenever you press A, he will smack his enemy's head against his golden chest. The impact should make a noise that lets you know this is stainless metal that's being used to crush the enemy's head.
C) Belly-Flop. I only recently discovered that the Donkey Kong Land games for the Game Boy actually gave new attacks to K.Rool on rare occasions. One of these is the belly flop. If this attack is implemented in some shape or form, the sound effect when his belly connects to the floor or hits the enemy should, again, be something like metal hitting a hard surface. Maybe he could actually make sparks appear if he hits the floor seeing as how it's gold being scrapped against it.

One of these, or a combination of these ideas, are some neat ways to make use of his extravagant armor.

4. Throws
I don't know how BaganSmashBros plans on implementing K.Rool's boxing skills, but perhaps his Throws are the key to not only present these skills, but also to present his ''showboater'' attitude. Anyone who beat DK 64 will remember how much K.Rool loved to show off in the boxing ring! In the mod, after players press any direction during a grab, K.Rool could do ridiculous motions, such as kissing his free hand before doing a straight punch (forward thrown) or spinning his free arm in an exaggerated way before doing an uppercut (up throw). His two other throws could also revolve around this idea.

5. Potential Final Smashes
A) 1-hit KO Blunderbuss.
This is basically what happens in DKC 2 whenever Kaptain K.Rool manages to pull you close enough with his vacuum. Once you were right up to his face, he would step back, bare his teeth and hit you with the back of his Blunderbuss, sending you flying off screen (seen at 3:21 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZbK8sqmxDo). This is potentially the easiest to animate.
B) BaganSmashBros' idea (see first post).
Very cool, and if all the cloud effects can be implemented, excellent!
C) Electrocute all the floors of the entire stage.
K.Rool would fly off stage and get closer to the foreground with his jetpack/copter from DKC 3 (just like Snake during his Final Smash), pull out a remote with a red button, making 2 large antennas show up on the sides of the screen, and bzzt.
D) Summon the Blast-O-Matic offscreen.
I am certain all DK 64 fans remember what happened during a Game Over...
The idea here would be to make a very short version of this. Similar to Captain Falcon's Final Smash (which changes the surrounding scenery), K.Rool's would make the camera cut to a different area where he is seen laughing maniacally in a metal room, presses a button installed on his seat, before the camera quickly goes back to the fighting stage (this happens in a matter of seconds). From here, either a giant laser covers the stage from right to left, or the laser comes out from the foreground; remember how Meta Knight's stage has his ship shoot a laser from the background towards the screen? Well, simply picture the reverse with K.Rool's Final Smash, with a big aiming reticule centered on the screen. The Blast-O-Matic machine itself is never seen.

6. Victory Animations

K.Rool is known to be a cruel villain, and yet very humorous at times. I feel his victory animations need to show off these two sides of him. I have 3 to propose.
- As the camera enters the victory announcement screen, we are immediately faced with the back of a metal chair. The chair is at an angle where us, the viewers, are only able to see the arm K.Rool resting on one of the chair's armrests, exactly how Dr. Claw's arm from Inspector Gadget is seen throughout the cartoon.

The chair then turns around, until K.Rool is facing directly at us, and the animation ends with him leaning to one of his sides, resting his chin on a closed knuckle.
- K.Rool has his lower body covered in a large pile of bananas. He is laughing frantically in victory, throwing and waving his arms erratically, making bananas fall about. A slightly extended version of this victory pose could have him falling from the top of the pile, or sink into the pile, emerge from it with a banana having somehow gotten inside his mouth. He immediately spits it out and turns to face the screen in shock and disgust with his hand over his mouth (see image below). K.Rool has always wanted to steal the Kongs' bananas, and rumors say he wants his enemies to starve to death. Jungle Climber confirmed that he greatly dislikes the taste of these fruits, thus this victory pose would emphasize how how he wants them by his side, yet hates them.

- K.Rool is surrounded by 2 or 3 coat hanger stands, along with various disguises from his past loitering the floor. Boxing pants+shoe and blunderbuss on the floor, a lab coat, black wig and pirate shirt dangling on coat hanger stands. K.Rool is slightly turned away from us, but we can see that he's wearing a boxing glove on 1 hand which holds a pirate hat, and a black latex glove on the other holding a King's Crown. He's alternatively looking at each hand, seemingly indecisive on what he wants to wear. He then looks at the screen, baffled and frustrated, making one of those low, exasperated groans he did back in DK 64.

Sorry for the long post. I've been waiting for K.Rool to be playable since the first Smash :3

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Extremely excited after seeing the K.Rool model!

I have ideas I'd like to suggest about the mod. However, since i have no idea on the limitations of modding on Brawl/Project M and how they work, I can assume some of these will be impossible to do. The suggestions will cover the following categories: K.Rool's style of gameplay, Down B, Golden Belly, Throws, Final Smashes, Victory Animations.

1. Style of gameplay
The Kremling king, at first glance, seems simply like an overweight crocodile. However, he has demonstrated to have bursts of athletic-like prowess in boss battles, making it safe to say that he is more muscle than fat (like the Kingpin from Marvel). In fact, in DKC 1-2 and DK64, he gets faster everytime he gets hurt. Would it be possible, or acceptable, to implement a mechanic into the mod that is based off of this? Here's two ways this could happen.

A) Implementing a gameplay mechanic in which K.Rool gets faster the higher his damage percentage gets. It would be similar to Brawl's Lucario, but instead of getting more powerful with damage, K.Rool's walking/running/jumping/falling speed would get boosted.
B) Implementing a Special Attack (Down B) that temporarily increases K.Rool's moving speed. Project M's Lucas has a Special Move that allows him to boost up his next Smash Attack's damage (his grabs as well if I'm not mistaken). The Kremling king, however, could instead fill up an invisible meter every time he'd use Down B. When fully filled, it would give him a burst of speed for all his movements (walk/jump/run/fall) that would last a few seconds. Maybe his attacks' animations get faster as well?

I personally prefer the 2nd idea. A slow powerhouse that, if used correctly, gains athletic agility to overcome his weight and run around the stage to dominate. However, it might require making K.Rool's natural speed sufficiently sluggish in order to make Down B useful.

2. Down B Shock gadget
If the speed-boost mechanic is thrown out the window, then I can start on another idea for Down B. In DKC 3, K. Rool would make the floor unusable due to the electricity coursing between two antennas. Similar to Snake's mine-planting and Diddy Kong's banana peels, what if K.Rool's Down B made him drop a tiny gadget with an antenna on the floor? This gadget would remain utterly useless, until K.Rool uses another Down B: He pulls out a control with a red button, presses it, and his gadget on the floor becomes electrified, hurting any characters that touch it. And it gets better! If K.Rool uses a 3rd Down B, he would drop another gadget on the floor, in which two things can happen. If it's at a decent distance from the first gadget, it would create a line of electricity between the two antennas on the floor, making the ground between them a hazard for a while. If, however, K.Rool drops the gadget too close or too far from the other one, the first antenna would explode, leaving the 2nd one to act as the standalone hazard. This forces players to carefully know the right distance between the 2 antennas if they wish to create the electric floor. Too close or too far, and you basically lose all the precious time you took to set them up.

3. Golden Belly
According to one of K.Rool's original designers from DKC 1, his belly is actually covered in armor made of pure gold. How can we make use of this cool trait in the mod?
A) Make any frontal attacks, or attacks strictly aimed at his belly/chest, do half the damage or have K.Rool be unfazed. What I mean by unfazed, is he simply would not flinch from the attacks, but still get damaged. Having this kind of super-armor would make him quite dangerous if opponents try to interrupt K.Rool's attacks from the front, since they'd be unable to stop him from finishing the attack animations. Or perhaps his belly could act exactly like Link/Toon Link's Shields, in which they simply stop projectiles, except K.Rool would not have to stand still for it to work (in other words, he just needs to line up the projectile with his belly to protect himself, be it on the ground or air).
Impossible (as far as i know) except for his belly stopping projectiles (he is over TLink after all), but that would be pretty broken since he is rather...wide-boned. Getting buffs with damage is something PMDT removed and it will make combos and stuff like that inconcistent.
The Grab Attack. Have a look at the pic below.

Now picture this as K.Rool's pose (or something similar to it) whenever he has successfully grabbed ahold of an opponent, with said opponent being held high in his right arm. Whenever you press A, he will smack his enemy's head against his golden chest. The impact should make a noise that lets you know this is stainless metal that's being used to crush the enemy's head.
While its possible to do, it might look very weird with Peach, ZSS and Zelda since they are held by their arms and grabbed character's animation is changed only when they are damaged or thrown.
Belly-Flop. I only recently discovered that the Donkey Kong Land games for the Game Boy actually gave new attacks to K.Rool on rare occasions. One of these is the belly flop. If this attack is implemented in some shape or form, the sound effect when his belly connects to the floor or hits the enemy should, again, be something like metal hitting a hard surface. Maybe he could actually make sparks appear if he hits the floor seeing as how it's gold being scrapped against it.
That is possible, but not sure how exactly to use it.
4. Throws
I don't know how BaganSmashBros plans on implementing K.Rool's boxing skills, but perhaps his Throws are the key to not only present these skills, but also to present his ''showboater'' attitude. Anyone who beat DK 64 will remember how much K.Rool loved to show off in the boxing ring! In the mod, after players press any direction during a grab, K.Rool could do ridiculous motions, such as kissing his free hand before doing a straight punch (forward thrown) or spinning his free arm in an exaggerated way before doing an uppercut (up throw). His two other throws could also revolve around this idea.

Im not sure if its even possible. It should be possible after throw is done, but not sure if its possible to do before opponent is thrown since opponent's thrown animation plays no matter what throwing character is doing and there is no way to affect it.
5. Potential Final Smashes
A) 1-hit KO Blunderbuss.
This is basically what happens in DKC 2 whenever Kaptain K.Rool manages to pull you close enough with his vacuum. Once you were right up to his face, he would step back, bare his teeth and hit you with the back of his Blunderbuss, sending you flying off screen (seen at 3:21 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZbK8sqmxDo). This is potentially the easiest to animate.

That would be kinda...boring.
C) Electrocute all the floors of the entire stage.
K.Rool would fly off stage and get closer to the foreground with his jetpack/copter from DKC 3 (just like Snake during his Final Smash), pull out a remote with a red button, making 2 large antennas show up on the sides of the screen, and bzzt.

That is possible. I can make a ridiculously giant hitbox and set it to damage only grounded opponents...if i understood you correctly. However, i don't think there is a way to make GFX or K.Rool himself be binded to camera. I can make those things appear on the platform where K.Rool is standing though.
D) Summon the Blast-O-Matic offscreen.
I am certain all DK 64 fans remember what happened during a Game Over...
The idea here would be to make a very short version of this. Similar to Captain Falcon's Final Smash (which changes the surrounding scenery), K.Rool's would make the camera cut to a different area where he is seen laughing maniacally in a metal room, presses a button installed on his seat, before the camera quickly goes back to the fighting stage (this happens in a matter of seconds). From here, either a giant laser covers the stage from right to left, or the laser comes out from the foreground; remember how Meta Knight's stage has his ship shoot a laser from the background towards the screen? Well, simply picture the reverse with K.Rool's Final Smash, with a big aiming reticule centered on the screen. The Blast-O-Matic machine itself is never seen.

Not sure if possible for same reasons as above and metal room part.
6. Victory Animations
K.Rool is known to be a cruel villain, and yet very humorous at times. I feel his victory animations need to show off these two sides of him. I have 3 to propose.
- As the camera enters the victory announcement screen, we are immediately faced with the back of a metal chair. The chair is at an angle where us, the viewers, are only able to see the arm K.Rool resting on one of the chair's armrests, exactly how Dr. Claw's arm from Inspector Gadget is seen throughout the cartoon.

The chair then turns around, until K.Rool is facing directly at us, and the animation ends with him leaning to one of his sides, resting his chin on a closed knuckle.

File size limitations might get in the way, but other than that, it can be done.
- K.Rool has his lower body covered in a large pile of bananas. He is laughing frantically in victory, throwing and waving his arms erratically, making bananas fall about. A slightly extended version of this victory pose could have him falling from the top of the pile, or sink into the pile, emerge from it with a banana having somehow gotten inside his mouth. He immediately spits it out and turns to face the screen in shock and disgust with his hand over his mouth (see image below). K.Rool has always wanted to steal the Kongs' bananas, and rumors say he wants his enemies to starve to death. Jungle Climber confirmed that he greatly dislikes the taste of these fruits, thus this victory pose would emphasize how how he wants them by his side, yet hates them.
- K.Rool is surrounded by 2 or 3 coat hanger stands, along with various disguises from his past loitering the floor. Boxing pants+shoe and blunderbuss on the floor, a lab coat, black wig and pirate shirt dangling on coat hanger stands. K.Rool is slightly turned away from us, but we can see that he's wearing a boxing glove on 1 hand which holds a pirate hat, and a black latex glove on the other holding a King's Crown. He's alternatively looking at each hand, seemingly indecisive on what he wants to wear. He then looks at the screen, baffled and frustrated, making one of those low, exasperated groans he did back in DK 64.
Once again, file size limitations might not allow it.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Here's some of my suggestions for some animations;
Entrance - K.Rool appears from a explosion of smoke, dusts himself off and prepares to battle.
Footstool - K.Rool looks at the screen in disbelief (think his DKC1 getting hit animation).
Up Taunt - K.Rool laughs in whatever direction he is facing.
Down Taunt - K.Rool puts his hands together and taps his fingers against each other with a smirk.
Side Taunt - K.Rool waves at the screen with a "Thank you!".

Victory Animation #1 - K.Rool fires a cannonball from his blunderbuss, laughs and then points it at the screen.
Victory Animation #2 - K.Rool does a couple of quick jabs and laughs.
Victory Animation #3 - K.Rool bows twice and smirks.

Losing Animation - K.Rool holds his head in his hand and shakes it back and forth.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Here's some of my suggestions for some animations;
Entrance - K.Rool appears from a explosion of smoke, dusts himself off and prepares to battle.
Footstool - K.Rool looks at the screen in disbelief (think his DKC1 getting hit animation).
Up Taunt - K.Rool laughs in whatever direction he is facing.
Down Taunt - K.Rool puts his hands together and taps his fingers against each other with a smirk.
Side Taunt - K.Rool waves at the screen with a "Thank you!".

Victory Animation #1 - K.Rool fires a cannonball from his blunderbuss, laughs and then points it at the screen.
Victory Animation #2 - K.Rool does a couple of quick jabs and laughs.
Victory Animation #3 - K.Rool bows twice and smirks.

Losing Animation - K.Rool holds his head in his hand and shakes it back and forth.
Is entrance animation based off anything? Sounds random. Down Taunt is not possible because model won't be able to change expressions outside of eyes and opening/closing his mouth, but other 2 are possible (Up Taunt doesn't sounds very interesting though). Victory Animation 1 and 3 could certainly work and 2 could work with some changes. Loosing animation is also fine. Either that or instead of him, its King Kut Out.

Last edited:

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
If you are having trouble coming up with taunts, entrances, throws, etc. for K. Rool, why don't we have a "kontest". What we can do is ask people in the K. Rool support thread for ideas for movesets, possible entrances, animations, and so on. Many kutthroats have done this in the past, but it would be good to get their ideas as of now.

i love your mods bagan,i have been kinda of backseat fan for awhile,i remember back in the day i would play with your ridley character in mugen(he would kick my butt all the time).

i also like how you are working on kraid,he is also one of my favorite metroid villians,and he most definatly deserves more love(my favorite metroid enemy is crocomire from super metroid,and cut from metroid zero mission)

here is some ideas for king k rool.

entrance 1: k rool drops from the top of the screen onto the stage with a big thump like he did on the galleon in dkc 1

entrance 2: hes on the floor playing dead for a little bit then gets back onto his feet like he did in dkc 1

taunt 1: does his "yeah thank you" from dk 64

taunt 2: looks at the screen like he does in dkc 1 after throwing his crown(but with the crown still on his head)

taunt 3: falls onto the floor playing dead(dkc 1),then he flinches a few times with the signature "wonk,wonk,wonk" noise then he gets back up on his feet

victory animation 1: he laughs maniacaly like he does in the game over screen of dk 64

victory animation 2: on the floor playing dead,gets up(i know i keep repeating this idea but i love when he plays dead,he did it in dkc 1,dkc 2,and dk 64)

losing animation: has his hand on on his face(like he is facepalming) while shaking his head in a no motion,like in dk 64 when he says "im surrounded by fools"

thats all i got right now but believe me when i say that k rool has alot of things to choose from,you are awesome... keep on doing what you do best!

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
If you are having trouble coming up with taunts, entrances, throws, etc. for K. Rool, why don't we have a "kontest". What we can do is ask people in the K. Rool support thread for ideas for movesets, possible entrances, animations, and so on. Many kutthroats have done this in the past, but it would be good to get their ideas as of now.
Good idea.
The entrance was based on one of his animations from DKC2, actually; the animation that played when he grabbed a cannonball with his blunderbuss.
Ah. Its still kinda weird, so, i'd better use it in same way its used in DKC2.
i love your mods bagan,i have been kinda of backseat fan for awhile,i remember back in the day i would play with your ridley character in mugen(he would kick my butt all the time).

i also like how you are working on kraid,he is also one of my favorite metroid villians,and he most definatly deserves more love(my favorite metroid enemy is crocomire from super metroid,and cut from metroid zero mission)

here is some ideas for king k rool.

entrance 1: k rool drops from the top of the screen onto the stage with a big thump like he did on the galleon in dkc 1

entrance 2: hes on the floor playing dead for a little bit then gets back onto his feet like he did in dkc 1

taunt 1: does his "yeah thank you" from dk 64

taunt 2: looks at the screen like he does in dkc 1 after throwing his crown(but with the crown still on his head)

taunt 3: falls onto the floor playing dead(dkc 1),then he flinches a few times with the signature "wonk,wonk,wonk" noise then he gets back up on his feet

victory animation 1: he laughs maniacaly like he does in the game over screen of dk 64

victory animation 2: on the floor playing dead,gets up(i know i keep repeating this idea but i love when he plays dead,he did it in dkc 1,dkc 2,and dk 64)

losing animation: has his hand on on his face(like he is facepalming) while shaking his head in a no motion,like in dk 64 when he says "im surrounded by fools"

thats all i got right now but believe me when i say that k rool has alot of things to choose from,you are awesome... keep on doing what you do best!
Entrance 2 sounds better than 1.
Taunt 1 is fine.
Victory animation 1 is also good.
Losing animation also could work.

And thanks.

Still not much progress outside of K.Rool getting proper specular textures and Metal Face getting 4 recolors (red, blue and green team along with silver recolor) along with some changes to his specials (now aerial Down B drags opponent down with him and he attacks upon landing, fully charged neutral B's laser doesn't lasts as long as it did before, aerial specials have fixed hitboxes and other boring technical stuff). I really wish i had more than 1 character i can work on.

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Bagan, your decision of shrinking Metal Face is all fine.

he's looking pretty shrunken down in Project X Zone 2: Brave New World.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Yeah, and my version proportions are pretty close to Project X Zone's.
-Resizes Metal Face to become a playable fighter.

-A Game that comes out has similar resize for him around the same time you started this mod.

1447576268801.png

Is there something you're not telling use Bagan, if that even your real name.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
-Resizes Metal Face to become a playable fighter.

-A Game that comes out has similar resize for him around the same time you started this mod.

View attachment 83084

Is there something you're not telling use Bagan, if that even your real name.
H-he is bigger in Project X Zone 2.
Metal Face PSA.

So... Are you asking me to marry you, or...?
Yes.
Animation4.gif

...Anyway, i have good news:
  1. I possibly found a way to upload videos without youtube or 4shared. Dailymotion might work (i can actually open it, so, its already better than youtube). But first, i've gotta find something to edit videos.
  2. Since im kinda bored, i might try to rig K.Rool by myself instead of waiting. I probably will have problems with his torso because he is a...big guy, but its worth trying and at least his model doesn't has like 30000 verticles to rig like Other M Ridley.
Until then, i don't think we'll have truly exciting news.
hat.png

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
More news:
1. All recolors are available except for Sm4sh model's recolors thanks to Nebulon from KC-MM.

As you can see, those red lines no longer are separated. This is because i found no way to make them move without interrupting with each animation. This isn't too bad, but i would like them to be more accurate. Also, upgraded model has its own team colors thanks to cBliss.
2. All attacks are done except for slip get up attack and slow ledge attack. I recently found his animations in Xenoblade's files, so, some of them will need to be remade. For example, his jab. I want it to be more like his auto-attack whatever or Last Resort (one where he uses both of his arms to inflict Strength Down as far as i remember). Right now, its kinda weird. Another attack that needs to be remade is Down Smash, which i want to be more like Murder Screw. Current animation has him spin too much and it just looks weird. Other attacks that need to be remade or slightly changed are:
  • Side Smash. Needs to be more like Dead Way.
  • Ground Down B. Needs to be less like his landing animation and more like Killing Claw (or Last Resort...don't remember which one, but i think you know what im talking about).
  • Aerial Down B or Up B. One of them needs to be more like Eagle Slice (or was it Super Spin?), which doesn't belongs to Metal Face, but its owner is very close to him. Right now, they look very similar in terms of animations.
  • All attacks and misc animations that have Metal Face transform into jet form need to be fixed because they aren't accurate enough to how that is supposed to look like (for example, waist shouldn't be visible at all and thumbs should be sticking out). Transition between both forms also needs to be changed to be more accurate to the source.
  • All claw attacks need to be slowed down to make claw trails move properly. Right now, instead of going smoothly, they look jagged or something (for example, instead of U, its V). But since i don't want to change his frame data, i will use codes to increase animation speed without changing animations. Another things i want to change about claw attacks is how his fingers are posed. In Xenoblade, they very rarely move sideways. As far as i remember, they move this way when he prepares to kill X, when he is trying to crawl away from Shulk after getting his arm sliced off, when reminding party of how he killed X, every time he tries to crush anyone with his hands and when he moves a lot during cutscenes.
  • Final Smash. Metal Face already uses Grand Shot for his Neutral B, so, i could either do something he never did in Xenoblade or use his unused animation or attack. Its basically that attack that Master Hand, Crazy Hand and Ridley have that i can't describe except it stars with him rushing towards whoever he wanted to attack. Its kinda boring though.
3. Version with proportions left intact will be available since its very easy to do. If you didn't notice, Metal Face in this mod has different proportions that are close to Project X Zone 2's (but i started this mod before Metal Face was revealed). Compare:

As you can see, original model is a lot thinner and yet its also wider, its hands and head are smaller, cannon is longer (its cut off here, but it is longer) and pelvis is bigger. I resized those since then his head would look too small (he is a lot taller than Marth and yet his head is a lot smaller and Marth is one of the "realistic" human characters...at least when compared to others), but i didn't want his torso to look too small either.
  • I found a way to upload videos without using stuff like 4shared. Dailymotion works just fine. Just need to record something and thats where i have problems (i easily mess things up).
  • If things will not go anywhere until tomorrow, i'll start rigging K.Rool.

Last edited:

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
More news:
1. All recolors are available except for Sm4sh model's recolors thanks to Nebulon from KC-MM.

As you can see, those red lines no longer are separated. This is because i found no way to make them move without interrupting with each animation. This isn't too bad, but i would like them to be more accurate. Also, upgraded model has its own team colors thanks to cBliss.
2. All attacks are done except for slip get up attack and slow ledge attack. I recently found his animations in Xenoblade's files, so, some of them will need to be remade. For example, his jab. I want it to be more like his auto-attack whatever or Last Resort (one where he uses both of his arms to inflict Strength Down as far as i remember). Right now, its kinda weird. Another attack that needs to be remade is Down Smash, which i want to be more like Murder Screw. Current animation has him spin too much and it just looks weird. Other attacks that need to be remade or slightly changed are:
  • Side Smash. Needs to be more like Dead Way.
  • Ground Down B. Needs to be less like his landing animation and more like Killing Claw (or Last Resort...don't remember which one, but i think you know what im talking about).
  • Aerial Down B or Up B. One of them needs to be more like Eagle Slice (or was it Super Spin?), which doesn't belongs to Metal Face, but its owner is very close to him. Right now, they look very similar in terms of animations.
  • All attacks and misc animations that have Metal Face transform into jet form need to be fixed because they aren't accurate enough to how that is supposed to look like (for example, waist shouldn't be visible at all and thumbs should be sticking out). Transition between both forms also needs to be changed to be more accurate to the source.
  • All claw attacks need to be slowed down to make claw trails move properly. Right now, instead of going smoothly, they look jagged or something (for example, instead of U, its V). But since i don't want to change his frame data, i will use codes to increase animation speed without changing animations. Another things i want to change about claw attacks is how his fingers are posed. In Xenoblade, they very rarely move sideways. As far as i remember, they move this way when he prepares to kill X, when he is trying to crawl away from Shulk after getting his arm sliced off, when reminding party of how he killed X, every time he tries to crush anyone with his hands and when he moves a lot during cutscenes.
  • Final Smash. Metal Face already uses Grand Shot for his Neutral B, so, i could either do something he never did in Xenoblade or use his unused animation or attack. Its basically that attack that Master Hand, Crazy Hand and Ridley have that i can't describe except it stars with him rushing towards whoever he wanted to attack. Its kinda boring though.
3. Version with proportions left intact will be available since its very easy to do. If you didn't notice, Metal Face in this mod has different proportions that are close to Project X Zone 2's (but i started this mod before Metal Face was revealed). Compare:

As you can see, original model is a lot thinner and yet its also wider, its hands and head are smaller, cannon is longer (its cut off here, but it is longer) and pelvis is bigger. I resized those since then his head would look too small (he is a lot taller than Marth and yet his head is a lot smaller and Marth is one of the "realistic" human characters...at least when compared to others), but i didn't want his torso to look too small either.
  • I found a way to upload videos without using stuff like 4shared. Dailymotion works just fine. Just need to record something and thats where i have problems (i easily mess things up).
  • If things will not go anywhere until tomorrow, i'll start rigging K.Rool.
Why can't you use Youtube?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Why can't you use Youtube?
I don't know. Not first time i can't use it. I can download videos from youtube, but thats it.

Its technically "tomorrow" here, so, here's some progress on K.Rool's rig:
ScreenCapture1.png

And Jesus K. Rist, Alvaro wasn't just joking. His mouth was painful to rig. I don't really like how his legs turned out (they are small while his body is...thi- ok, its f***ing fat), but i think his jaw and neck are fine. And yes, his crown is supposed to be like this. It just stays here until he throws it.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
K.Rool is pretty much done.
ScreenCapture5.png

All thats left is his cape (...halp), his right hand and fingers on that hand.

...rigging isn't fun.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
ditto

try borrowing some assets from (PM) Ganondorf, Marth, and Ike's cape for K.Rool's cape
That would be easier and K.Rool's cape bones should be same as one of those characters' to have proper physics. I'll still have to rig that thing to K.Rool's body to fit him, but whaddya gonna do.

EDIT: now cape is the only part that is left to finish.

Last edited:

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
K.Rool is pretty much done.
View attachment 83861
All thats left is his cape (...halp), his right hand and fingers on that hand.

...rigging isn't fun.
Ok, I hate to be "That Guy", but is it just me, or do K Rool's textures look very flat? His face in particular keeps bugging me for some odd reason, like there is a lack of detail/substance or something. Is there any chance you are going to gold plate his belly as well? (No disrespect though, the model is amazing, great job!)

Last edited:

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
I don't know. Not first time i can't use it. I can download videos from youtube, but thats it.

Its technically "tomorrow" here, so, here's some progress on K.Rool's rig:
View attachment 83748
And Jesus K. Rist, Alvaro wasn't just joking. His mouth was painful to rig. I don't really like how his legs turned out (they are small while his body is...thi- ok, its f***ing fat), but i think his jaw and neck are fine. And yes, his crown is supposed to be like this. It just stays here until he throws it.
Have you tried YouTube Gaming? (www.gaming.YouTube.com) or maybe www.YouTube.com/TV?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Have you tried YouTube Gaming? (www.gaming.YouTube.com) or maybe www.YouTube.com/TV?
They don't work either.
Ok, I hate to be "That Guy", but is it just me, or do K Rool's textures look very flat? His face in particular keeps bugging me for some odd reason, like there is a lack of detail/substance or something. Is there any chance you are going to gold plate his belly as well? (No disrespect though, the model is amazing, great job!)
Maybe its because there are no specular textures and rimlighting on those images. Its possible to give him gold plate for his belly, but i'll do it later.

Aaaaaand its done:
King K R0ol.png

I rigged his cape to have same bones as Ganondorf. Rigging isn't perfect, but its good enough. There is rimlighting and specular textures. I don't know how it looks like in the game right now (rimlighting is buggy in BrawlBox for him and few other models), but its easy to test.
And here's his blunderbuss:
ScreenCapture84.png

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
They don't work either.

Maybe its because there are no specular textures and rimlighting on those images. Its possible to give him gold plate for his belly, but i'll do it later.

Aaaaaand its done:
View attachment 83913
I rigged his cape to have same bones as Ganondorf. Rigging isn't perfect, but its good enough. There is rimlighting and specular textures. I don't know how it looks like in the game right now (rimlighting is buggy in BrawlBox for him and few other models), but its easy to test.
View attachment 83914
Wowzers, that is a beautiful blunderbuss. I can't wait to see him in game! Keep it up!

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
They don't work either.

Aaaaaand its done:
View attachment 83913
View attachment 83914
Noice, just make sure to make him expressive, that's kinda his appeal.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Noice, just make sure to make him expressive, that's kinda his appeal.
I will. This is one of the things that must be done for him.

EDIT: first screenshot:
00000000-28.png

He is too big right now (not sure why, but i can fix it) and has no cape physics, but i started working on him one hour ago.
...god, those feet are painful to keep on the ground...

Last edited:
Top Bottom