• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Final Smash???

boom-man97

Smash Journeyman
ok, so on this thread i would like anyone and everyone's opinion on which Final Smash is the most avoidable.
and please dont make stupid comments that make yourself look like a jerk.
debate is encouraged though.

Ørion

Smash Ace
Lol Zamus's. You have to be really close and even if you get caught it does like 25%. (By the way, I haven't even seen every characters final smash, so there might very well be final smashes which are more easily avoided).

boom-man97

Smash Journeyman
lol i agree!
but i have to with marth's
in a Brawl marathon i dodged close to 100% of marth's final smashes, and he got them alot!XD

Esca

Smash Champion
Pikachu's isn't that bad at all, if you press a while your even close to the other person it sends a jolt that pretty much consumes the screen.

zamus's is bad, but i'd have to say the easiest to avoid is lucario's..

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Situational.

Big stage like Hyrule Temple - Jigglypuff.
But normally, ZSS.

And I have to agree with escaje, Lucario's is poor.

Jewdo

Smash Journeyman
I'm also going with Marth. During the opening animation, you can input a sidestep dodge, jump, or jump -> airdodge depending on how quick you are. Marth will go right through you.

Other easily avoided Final Smashes include PK Starstorm, Palutena's Army, Lucario's giant beam o' aura, and Donkey Kong's Bongos. Seriously, just...don't go near him. It's that easy.

boom-man97

Smash Journeyman
^thanks for agreement
there's alot of "unavoidable" FS's that you really can avoid with pratice.
pits, kirby's, peach's, ness/lucas, ect. but i dont really have enough experiance with zamus's to say if its the worst...

Kholdstare128

Smash Rookie
Let's see ...

5. Jigglypuff - It has its uses, but they're really rather situational. The push she causes is easy to avoid and easy to actually survive anyway, although if you do get your opponent off the stage, it's pretty much the best edgeguard tactic out there.

4. Zero-suit Samus - It doesn't have much knockback, and you've got to be close to the person for it to hit; I don't know the specifics, but I think you could charge up a smash attack and hit her after the actual attack. It also forces you to return as Samus, a character many consider to be inferior, but whether that's actually bad depends on the person's preference.

3. Kirby - All it takes is an airdodge or a sidestep, and Kirby becomes susceptable to whatever attack you want to do. Even if he does get you, the damage and knockback are usually neglectable. Plus, you have as much access to the items made as Kirby does (if not more access) if you decided to turn items on.

2. Peach - Just like Kirby, except it actually helps you more. Unless your opponent doesn't know how to jump or grab a ledge, it's most likely not going to put anyone to sleep. I've heard that being close to her actually does damage, but look! Conveniently placed peaches are scattered everywhere for you to replenish yourself!

1. Lucario - The most easily avoided FS ever! Seriously, if you how to jump, double-jump, and Up-B (may be slightly different for certain characters, but you get the point), you have nothing to worry about. At most, you'll take minimum damage from an error and maybe the knockback from the final hit (which won't kill anyway).

Ness and Lucas get honorable mentions for being a bit easy to avoid; however, it does get harder to avoid in the end, and I'm pretty sure Lucas/Ness can move about at that time, so it's not terrible or anything.

There's my 2 cents, if anyone cares.

Doval

Smash Lord
Definitely Lucario.

Yeah, ZSS's is really easy to avoid but you can still land it. Do it after some jabs, after a grab, whatever. However, Lucario? No way to lead into that. He takes like 5 seconds to fly off the screen and get that beam started to begin with.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'd say ZSS's FS is the worst in the game. Yes, it kills Mario from the middle of FD at 78%, but it's easily avoidable, and, well... it turns you into Samus.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Mario's is awful... you can DI up out of it and take no more than 10% damage if you even get hit by it

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Going Marth.
But only because my brother was doing a silly online tournament with FS, and he sidestepped Marth's Critical Hit THREE times. You still get hurt, but it's lol worthy.

ZSS, DK, Mario are all bad, too.

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
Lucario's wins (or perhaps loses), because there is absolutely no way to combo into it and it really doesn't do much.

PK Starstorm is pretty bad, though, as Ness/Lucas can't move for pretty much its whole duration.

Puff up and Konga are bad on large stages, of course.

Critical Hit, Cook, and Peach Blossom can actually be useful if the person using them is smart. Get your opponent off that ledge, THEN use Peach blossom.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Peach's is better than most people think, if they're off the edge the part where she's dancing will take so long that they'll just fall to their death (that's a little something most people didn't know about it)

I think MKs is pretty bad, the cape isn't all that big and it usually won't kill anybody until maybe 100%.

Oh and the starstorms are pretty good, once they get hit by one it'll launch them around into all the rest.

Geist

Smash Master
I'm wierded out from everyone disliking Zamus's FS.
It's easy to avoid, but, you know, it's alot easier to make a hit than most standard moves. Plus, if you hit them right, it's a 1 hit KO, basically at any percent more than 20. It isn't the best, but totally not the worst.
But it does turn you into samus... =/
Why can't samus be good?

I think Lucas gets the prize for worst FS.
Yes, let's devise a move that can be avoided by STANDING STILL! nnnyahaaa x]

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
Hm...I think your all forgetting about PK Starstorm, all it takes is an evasive roll to dodge all the meteors.

Also, Meta-Knight's technically deserves an honorable mention, because all you have to do is make sure nobody's stupid enough to get near MK when he's glowing and stuff.

Also, Waddle Dee Army is easy to avoid if you just stay in the air.

thesultan2112

Smash Apprentice
i would have to say top three lamest are zamus, which is way avoidble, DK, eqaully avoidable, , and MArio's, i mean he's a headline character in the ninetdo platform and his fsmash doesn't do him any justice (even though he's always been on the weaker side in SSB). it's easily avodible, AND if it makes contact, usually not very fatal

manhunter098

Smash Lord
ROBs final smash is okay, since its pretty much a constant attack for around 20 seconds and it has some lengthy hitstun since it combos them you can use it to rack up damage, it wont kill anyone, but its just designed to make you killing your opponent much easier. Its basically the ultimate spacing move because it does damage, has hitstun, and doesnt go away until the attack is over. Plus the moment it touches your opponent, you can pretty much make them eat a F Smash.

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
Lucario, if you know how to dodge. Same goes for Kirby's but a bit more precise on the timing.

MK and Captain Falcon because of their pretty small range that they're able to hit you. I'm not so sure it's that bad about Falcon's because it IS a OHKO if you happen to actually land it, but MK's is pretty bad at damage. Yeah, shut up I know it can kill but still. :(

Zamus. Others said it already.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Worst = Mario

Honerable mention of badness:
Lucario, ZSS, Marth, Meta Knight

Lovely

Smash Lord
I'll say that ROB is the worst to me. But the most anoying is Pit's to me as well.

Rejjae

Smash Apprentice
What're you talking about? ROB's is amazing, it has him invincible for 20 seconds on top of the damage it does and it guarantee's an Fsmash if you catch them with it. What's not to like?

boom-man97

Smash Journeyman
ROB's is definatly good if you know how to use it.
same with alot of final smashes. and triple finish is a great one!
meta's isn't that good but it's got suprisingly good range

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
ROB's is definatly good if you know how to use it.
same with alot of final smashes. and triple finish is a great one!
meta's isn't that good but it's got suprisingly good range
Triple Finish sucks. A lot of the time, you just bounce on it and take 10% of damage or something. 2nd jumping and Up B:ing out of it will work wonders. Heck, even if you get hit, you can even Tap DI out of it into an Up B to prevent yourself from dying. Not to mention that even if you get stuck in it and eat the final knockback, it's kinda weakish, anyway. Also, cannot be comboed into.

Link's is so easy to avoid. And no one mentioned him :ohwell:
Only it almost One-Hit KO:s you on almost all stages at 0% (you'll need some additional damage on bigger ones)... and you can combo into it. We don't judge Final Smashes on how easy they are to avoid if the opponent just spams it or does it randomly without any setupping.

Top Bottom