• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad days

Smo

Smash Journeyman
We all have days when we play Smash better than others, whether that be beacuse of lack of energy or whatever. This is just out of curiousity really... what do you do when you're having a bad day? Do you realise you're not playing well and adjust to a less reckless play-style? Do you decide not to play Smash for a bit, maybe just watch others?

Personally, I just tend to play a more defensive style. I play as Ganondorf or someone heavy so I can afford to take a few hits and take it nice and slow, just putting in those big hitters when my opponent screws up.

Keige

Smash Journeyman
I dodge attacks like crazy and wait for my friend to miss with a fsmash (Sheik) and then I'll forward B into a dair followed by a knee.

snoblo

Smash Journeyman
on bad days i self-destruct alot, mess up combos, and get confused on what tactics to use against my opponent. Then I hide in my shield and hope i can get a shield grab. hehe

Spacecadet

Smash Cadet
I just don't play. When I'm playin bad in a game it usually means I'm probably not gonna do anything right that day. So I just sleep :p

ToyzSoldier

Smash Apprentice
rustration is the usual response, but if I realize I'm sucking, I just screw around and pick random characters. I especially like tech chasing for Falcon Punches.

CORRUPTiON

Smash Apprentice
I stop playing and just watch the others. Reason for is because I'd just get more and more frustrated with myself if I continued.

Miharu

Smash Hero
I'll take a break, just watch for a bit, or grab a bite to eat; all for the purpose of letting my brain unwind.

Binx

Smash Master
I dont really have bad days, if I am not playing at my best I can usually figure out why and just play, I detach myself pretty well though so... Also I will play for fun characters, in a tournament setting a bad day usually means my tech skill is off so I play a simpler character or just struggle through it until I am playing fine.

Smo

Smash Journeyman
hmm fair enough. I hate getting frustrated. I'm having a bad day today just practicing by myself... so I'm just playing Adventure mode with Doc. Mario (my fun character - he's fun because he has a cool coat).

@ce

Smash Apprentice
bad days for me is missing easy wall&groundtechs, 1/4 to 1/2 of my l cancels, and 1/2 my shuffls. all that equals no point playing cuz i cant do wat i want.

so yea, i just dont play

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I just keep on playing. It doesn't really matter if I win or lose as long as everyone has fun.

Smash Master
Bad day: RSHDL turns into single ground laser. I also randomly jump off the stage, and my short hops turn into full jumps. I also forget what DI is. I usually switch to Samus to rectify the situation, because she is much easier technically.

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
I usually only have bad days with one character at a time... so if my Falcon is sucking bad, I switch to Link, and it usually fixes it.

Unfortunately, it sometimes means that my main is offline... which is not good. :p

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I don't have "bad days". But when I play poorly, the culprit is normally sweaty hands. Besides that, I tend to always play on the same level (edit: unless I'm bull****ting which I do a lot). One time I'd been up for two days or more, and hosted a tournament and more or less played at a reasonably fine level.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
I hate bad days. I keep seeing things that I should've done or could've done... or, also, I have the utmost horrid of all luck, such as random explosions that tend to home in on me whenever items are on. Usually I'll just get ticked off to an extent. By ticked off to an extent I mean, having thoughts like "OMFG, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FRICKIN' KIDDING ME! THAT DID NOT JUST HAPPEN!" running through my head. lol

Eaode

Smash Champion
Whenever I'm having a bad day, I remember what some pro posted about your mindset, and how imortant it is. You just have to refocus and think about it a little more. Eventually, you'll do something well and regain your morale, like landing that combo or getting the edgeguard or techchase or whatever.

Top Bottom