• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Backwards bair

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Do other Zelda players here ever find themselves using the bair even when they are facing the opposite direction?
Consider this scenario:

You and your opponent land near each other and instinctively shield after doing so. So you're both on the ground shielding, and facing each other, with your shields touching each other. You decide to break the standoff, with a JC kick. Only I, though I would jump at him, would use my bair. It would still hit him, but I would be less vulnerable if it hit him (assuming that you are so close to each other that neither fair nor bair would sweetspot) than if I used the longer in coming and going fair. Not to mention, I could quickly pull another one afterwards, when I end up behind him.

This may be hard to understand, but I think if you do it, you'll get me here.

Zone

Smash Champion
I guess what your saying is landing ur kicks behind them. with a backair. SO they can't shield grab, and their best option being b-air out of shield ot keep shielding if you're lcanceling. Kinda like trying to land your dash attacks on shields behind them.

Luthien

Smash Ace
So you jump TOWARDS them, and when you're in the air behind them you bair? Hmm... never really tried it. All of the people I play are noobs (some actually GRAB... ok, most aren't that bad...), so I never really need the faster speed of bair, as opposed to fair, because they react so slowly there is almost no difference. I can see how that could be useful, though. Thanks for the idea, I'll give it a try.

Zone

Smash Champion
So you jump TOWARDS them, and when you're in the air behind them you bair? Hmm... never really tried it. All of the people I play are noobs (some actually GRAB... ok, most aren't that bad...), so I never really need the faster speed of bair, as opposed to fair, because they react so slowly there is almost no difference. I can see how that could be useful, though. Thanks for the idea, I'll give it a try.
Yea I prefer b-air over f-air for that reason only, it's faster.

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
I really don't know if ive done that at all or not. Might give it a shot.

Top Bottom