• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baby Bowser Vs. Bowser Jr.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
With the advent of new characters(Roy, Doc, and Dark Samus) and the size mod, people started talking about shrinking Bowser down and making him a combo machine to make Bowser Jr. I, for one, believe we should instead look at Bowser's baby self from Yoshi's Island before Jr.

It would feel half-*****. This is the reason why a Mewtwo won't be made, so it should apply here as well. Bowser Jr. would work better with his staff from Mario Sunshine, and just shrinking Bowser wouldn't make that happen. Baby Bowser, however, would work just fine like this.

This is just my opinion, so ignore if you want. But, if we do decide to clone Bowser, we should try to look at Baby Bowser first.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Regardless of the name, it would still be the same thing :/

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I know. The texture could be different, I guess.

If we ever do get to ISO hacking models, then I would like to see a Bowser Jr.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Aren't Baby Bowser and Bowser Jr....exactly alike in appearance? Especially after Partners in Times.

Anyway, Bowser Jr. only had the staff in one game last time I checked, and lost it that very game.

Cruncher93

Smash Cadet
Baby Bowser is more like a tiny version of Bowser.
Bowser Jr uses his Paintbrush in games like Mario Power Tennis or something else...

Wander

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind a Bowser Jr. attempt. As far as I know there were way more people asking for him than Baby Bowser, and there are some really good Bowser Jr. texture edits going around already. If he had been in Brawl proper, I can see him being a semi-clone of Bowser - he switches between paintbrush and staff and giant robots as weapons so often, it's hard for me to tie him to just one.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Baby Bowser? The "Baby" concept is getting pretty unoriginal.

Besides, babies in Brawl? lol. I guess there've been worse things.

Bowser Jr. sounds less clone-ish. And no, they don't look exactly the same. At all.

Don't put BJ away, because then I can't call him Blowjob. D:

bajisci

Smash Ace
sounds like a great idea, shrink bowser and make him laggless and fast kinda like squirtle or meta, tahtd be awesomee

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Baby Bowser? The "Baby" concept is getting pretty unoriginal.

Besides, babies in Brawl? lol. I guess there've been worse things.

Bowser Jr. sounds less clone-ish. And no, they don't look exactly the same. At all.

Don't put BJ away, because then I can't call him Blowjob. D:
See Baby Bowser in Partners in Time. Before, they just looked very similar, but as of PiT, Baby Bowser looks exactly like Bowser Jr. He even has a hankerchief.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
If we're talking about textures, then I guess it's ok, but a new character... Don't you guys think we're going to get a bit too much new characters then?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I don't want to rain on parades here because discussion is fine:

But I'm unsure how the clone engine will work. You'll have to ask Almas or wait for us to finish debugging the new engine so he can finish it up. Basically what I'm afraid of, is that we won't be able to use these size mods with characters. It's a guess, I just have a bad feeling about it.

Also, the Back Room has been discussing new characters and we'll probably have a community topic some time in the middle of July (most likely after the 4th. Don't hold us to a date) I'd appreciate if you guys could hold off discussion of new characters until then.

Roy, Doc, Dark Samus, and Pichu are all fine because we have coders working on them, but I don't want the Workshop to turn into a fanboy ****fest of people posting about their dream characters and how they would play. We have Make Your Own Move if you want your own character ideas posted. We'll probably have a topic later (by we I probably mean myself) where we'll take suggestions for new characters and we'll work from their on who is popular.

EDIT: @ Yaay

New characters could go two ways. On one hand they won't be tourney viable and then people will be able to add who they want to the roster. New characters will spring up here and there and a large amount of them will probably be crap, but their should be some gems.

New characters become tourney viable and then either the backroom or the community needs to break people's hearts and accept only 7 of the characters.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
@Yaaay

New characters being made are fine and fun.

New characters being made for serious tourney play is where things get sketchy.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Baby Bowser. Not made by me. Pointing it out. If anything, it's a start. Edit: Censor pwned. Edit the 3 stars with the A word in the URL.
Wow! This is the look I was hoping for in Bowser Jr., except I think he should be just a tiny bit smaller. Right now, he looks like Bowser two or three years younger, not his young son.

About having too many "new" characters - as it stands, the only ones that look like they'll really be going anywhere are Roy, Doc, Pichu, Dark Samus, and Bowser Jr. Baby Mario and ROBLOXIAN and such don't seem to have as much fan support or professional coders working on them, but they might get off the ground some day. I just don't think they'll ever become tournament viable. Maybe Baby Mario, but I don't think the community has to worry about hundreds of fan-made characters to start flooding the scene. They're not as easy to make (and make well) as some people think.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I'm not asking for a Bowser clone, just saying that we should look at Baby Bowser first if we must have a clone of him.

Pichu isn't happening till someone gets frame data on Pika. That'll be diverting attention away from the needs of B+, so someone associated with Pichu will have to do it.

Roy and Doc are already pretty far, though it looks like the will be reworking the Doc. Roy, on the other hand, already has a vB version being prepared.

Dark Samus...I can't comment much on her. She probably will need a bit more work to make her more different from Samus than she already is.

I'm also looking at "making" (more like heavily editing) a character from Kirby, but that would just be for fun. I already have some ideas down, but I need to get a couple of codes so I can utilize them.

bajisci

Smash Ace
why only 7? why not more or less?
because there are only 7 more character slots that, in theory, can be used. the 4 alloys, giga bowser, wario man and sumthing else idk. im pretty sure thats why.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Popo, but what's the difference :p
Someone said more icons would be available for creation in the future.

I wonder.

I'm not asking for a Bowser clone, just saying that we should look at Baby Bowser first if we must have a clone of him.
He'd be only slightly different from Bowser Jr. then. No sense in doing that. Blowjob is barely a clone himself. He could use work, if possible, but Baby Bowser would just simply be shrinkage. Blowjob was shrinkage, textures, and separate resizing to fit, not to mention getting rid of some things.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
You can have 50 CSS slots, including duplicate spaces. If we made two Marth spaces and used the clone engine-thing, one could be Marth and the other Roy, or whatever character you wish to place there.

...Am I right about this?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't see why both can't be made. Baby Bowser has a blank kerchief in Partners in Time; just make that, then add a mouth to the kerchief for Jr.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
So far I'm seeing three votes Jr, two votes Baby. Hooray!

While I'm here, does anyone know of a way we can, say, extract Bowser's voice samples, speed them up or raise the pitch in a separate program, then add them back in for Bowser Jr? He doesn't exactly have the deepest voice in the world.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I don't see why both can't be made. Baby Bowser has a blank kerchief in Partners in Time; just make that, then add a mouth to the kerchief for Jr.
There would be clonal (w/e) problems. If you did that, he'd probably be very similar to Jr. and vice versa, but I would like that idea better.

So far I'm seeing three votes Jr, two votes Baby. Hooray!

While I'm here, does anyone know of a way we can, say, extract Bowser's voice samples, speed them up or raise the pitch in a separate program, then add them back in for Bowser Jr? He doesn't exactly have the deepest voice in the world.
I think this was discussed.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Or, if we ever do get separate CSS panels working, we could do like the regular characters do and have him named Bowser Jr but with a Baby Bowser costume.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
You can have 50 CSS slots, including duplicate spaces. If we made two Marth spaces and used the clone engine-thing, one could be Marth and the other Roy, or whatever character you wish to place there.

...Am I right about this?
i was thinking about this earlier. also, maybe the 'Hold R' command thats used for 'Giga Bowser and Friends' code.

Metal B

Smash Journeyman
Oh, someone saw my Post in the Dr. Mario Thread:=)

Great the Doc is back in town =)

The next project should be a new clone: Bowser Jr.
Just make Bowser smaller, new texture, new voices and make him a fast combo machine =)
Up-B: With vertical movement
Side-B: No horizontal movement, no suicide but more damage and damages other players.
B: a small flame that comes out and in fast and dont die off. Could be a great defense and gimp move.
Down+B: Cancelable, he stands up faster and its a meteor. But less damage and a smaller hitbox.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Third, the first Baby Mario looks much more real.

But this isn't the thread for that.

jalued

Smash Lord
is it possible to give a mini bowser the star rod? would be epic :D maybe give him the falcon/sheik star rod ability, and change it in terms of strength,speed etc. would only change his ftilt/smash and dash attack. could also try to change it to look like a paintbrush :p

bajisci

Smash Ace
is it possible to give a mini bowser the star rod? would be epic :D maybe give him the falcon/sheik star rod ability, and change it in terms of strength,speed etc. would only change his ftilt/smash and dash attack. could also try to change it to look like a paintbrush :p
thats ****ing genius lol

mofo_

Smash Ace
that would be very cool! only he cant drop/throw it. and he starts the match with it! (im sure thats possible, as in SSE theres stickers that start you off w/ items b4 battle)

Top Bottom