• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B4N (Battle For Norcal) June 4 downtown San Francisco

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
I am almost positive its burnt toast. he was at MLG SF and came to my smashfest, among other things. if not, thats wierd.

The GERM

Smash Ace
sup beezies dis nasty here Pier I accept but lets make our money match 5 dollars and zoap you must not like money too much or you wouldn't be money matching me 5 and team money matching me for 3 but i accept and you can't go back now your moneys gone

On a lighter note smooth criminal Ill money match you for 5

smashmaster0

Smash Apprentice
GERM

5 DOLLARS, MONEY DOESNT GROW ON TREES, AINT ASIAN, but i will try i guess i will think about it,

P.S. you spelled me name wrong lol its pierre and just to tell everyone kawn is not going to be in the norcal crew thing

metroidcomposite

Smash Apprentice
Okay, got the final okay from the Producer, and thus edited the first post. There's a few loose ends that need to be cleared up, however:

Entree fees are good because it gives the competition to go after. I dont know wat the exact payout should be but usually for singles its the top 3-4 places and for teams and low tier the top 2.
Anyone have oppinions on how we split the cash among the winners?

Crew battles vs DBR and all that -- should those be done at the end?

1 PM as a starting time (hopefully late enough that people with SAT IIs that end at Noon can still make it). This fine with people?

And...I should still try to get in touch with Scamp....

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
x-tra spot? nope Volroth, short short shorts is gonna be on the team

yeaH this crew battle vs. dbr will take place near the end, we do not want to interfere with cookie monter's thingy that we would not have the tournament without in the first place >_>

i think top 2 gets $ for ltt like maybe 70%-30% or something ^_^

I am also taking SATs june 4th, i will be arriving to the city later yUpyUp

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman
Singles should be split 70-20-10. Thats how its been in 90% of most tournaments. If you dont want to do that, theres always 60-25-15. Ltt and teams shoudl be 70-30.

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
Umm yeah.. mitchell was already on the previous list not currently being added for Kawn's abscence. I'm gonna challenge ya'll for a spot I'm taking it back for the BLACK MAN! (that remark has nothing to do with kawn, its a inside joke)

The GERM

Smash Ace
Ok, slightly different plans for the crew battle, it looks like one of our old members "Perpetual Zero" our Sheik/Peach player, is gonna come down for the tourney, so he will be a part of DBR in the crew battles. Now that's 7 vs 7, so that leaves 2 open spots for the Norcal crew.

On a lighter note, DBR is gonna **** everyone, so tuck your balls in and bend over.....

smashmaster0

Smash Apprentice
well if it is a 7vs 7 that means that there is a spot still open then for anyone even for the BLACK MAN KAWNNN, and about thime 1:00 that seems too late if possible can you have it start like 12:00 or 11:30 or something and can people come early like 10:00 11:00 early?

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
Yeah starting at like 10 am would be the best. Just start off with Low tier tournament like I said. That should take us till like noon, it shouldn't take any longer than 1 pm for LTT. Then start Team imediately!! I mean right on the dot as LTT is ending have everything ready for teams, then after teams do singles. The SAT's people will only miss LTT and maybe the start of teams which would mean they would miss it all cuz they can't just join in the middle of it, but they might not... they WON'T miss singles though so they will definately get there times worth... I'M COMING FOR YOU DBR! MUAHAHA THERES NO STOPPING ME YOU WILL FACE THE INEVEITABLE!

Zoap

Smash Master
ok clear some things up

First things first, Kawns spot was never up for grabs, I talked to Tang and he asked if Largo could take his place and I said sure and i will just give u mine, but then Kawn offered to just give largo his spot, so that spot is gone. Seein how its 7v7 now i think Kawn will just take the last open spot since after all the only reason he gave his spot was so largo could participate. So i have talked to Geo about the largo thing and now that its 7v7 i will just re add kawn.
Team NorCal:
1.Geo-Captain-No Character decided
2. Tang- CoCaptain-No Character decided
3. Nek- No character decided
4. Largo- No character decided
5. Zoap- No character decided
6. Kawn- No character decided
7. SilentSpectre- No character decided

We will be discussin are characters very soon, i hope to get all members on aim in a chat room to find out who exactly everyone will use.

Teams or LTT should start about 10:00 followed by the one that didnt go first. Then Singles later and finally the crew thingy.

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
Please start the tourny later so I can participate in most of it =P

yes anyone can challenge for the spots. if you place higher than us in the tourney, that will be obvious also and we will make sure to settle it and see who is better to take someone else's place.

kr3w, its your chance to shine at this event, show us what you got

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Originally posted by metroidcomposite
Okay, got the final okay from the Producer, and thus edited the first post. There's a few loose ends that need to be cleared up, however:

Anyone have oppinions on how we split the cash among the winners?

Crew battles vs DBR and all that -- should those be done at the end?

1 PM as a starting time (hopefully late enough that people with SAT IIs that end at Noon can still make it). This fine with people?

And...I should still try to get in touch with Scamp....

Get in touch with me? Just send me a PM. I'll see it eventually, no later than a few days. I haven't read much of the thread except for this last page so I wonder what this could be about.

I have several opinions on how to split the cash, but it's 4 in the morning right now so I'm not going to type out a lot right now. I'll just say that what I think varies depending on the tournament, and that I think that fourth place should get something too, not just top three. Either that or only top two.

Crew battles should definitely be done in the end, unless a lot of people need to leave early. They're the easiest things to do when you're tired, which people will definitely be after three tournaments.

Furthermore, I'm not so sure that it's going to be possible to run four tournaments in one day. It depends on the number of people that show up, of course.

smashmaster0

Smash Apprentice
everyone that wants a spot, challenge me and stnad in a STARIGHT LINE LOL, this is the only far way for other people, siman, volroth, and anyone else that wants to play me or anyone else in a spot lets do it

Sm00th_Crim1nal

Smash Ace
Originally posted by The GERM
sup beezies dis nasty here Pier I accept but lets make our money match 5 dollars and zoap you must not like money too much or you wouldn't be money matching me 5 and team money matching me for 3 but i accept and you can't go back now your moneys gone

On a lighter note smooth criminal Ill money match you for 5
ok cool, free money :D

Bob Money

Smash Ace
dandy. Ill take money matches from 1 dollar to 5 dollars. set matches.

Of course ill take free play only if u like to play smash.:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

ZeldaFreak0309

Smash Journeyman
who doesn't like to play smash and would come to the tourney?

i dont do money matches, but i'll play anyone, get as many matches in with everyone as possible...

smooth criminal is a lil cocky :p

canoshiz

Smash Rookie
I'd like to come to this.... I live in Milpitas. This would be my first tournament, ever. Quick question though -- how does the double-blind pick work?

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Yeah...I'd like to challenge for a spot on that list; I don't know whether I should be on for sure but I think I deserve consideration; of the people on that list, I've only played Geo and SS for meaningful periods of time.

Are we just going to figure this challenge thing out there? Cause it could get complicated if you have like person A beating B, B beating C, and C beating A type of thing, probably more complex than that since there are 7 spots and like a half-dozen more people thinking they deserve consideration. Tourney results aren't everything, especially if there aren't pools beforehand (even then sometimes).

BTW Kawn I've been working on Zelda and Ganon, let's get some matches, maybe you can show me some combos (or maybe I'll show you...).

I P Freely

Smash Journeyman
good luck criminal, dont get too cocky

i dont really wanna $match anyone either, considering its my first tourney, but i guess a few $1 or $2 matches would be okay...

Zoap

Smash Master
stuff

first off all the matches i wish to have.

Money:
MB: 3$ my peach vs ur????
Kawn: 1$ Peach vs Ganon
Zel: 5$ Peach vs Fox
Geo:5$ Peach vs Falcon
Nasty:5$ Peach vs Samus
Bob Money:3$ Peach vs Doc

Then Friendlies:
Geo: Peach vs CF and CF Ditto
MB: Peach Vs whoever and a Ditto
Simna: Pikachu vs Ness and Peach vs Ness
ZeldaFreak: Peach Ditto
Bob Money: Doc vs Peach
Kawn: Ganondorf Ditto and Peach vs Ganondorf
IP Freely: Peach vs Falco/ICS
Any of DBR/Teamscape/Cruixs/Krew
EDIT: Team Money Match- 3$ a ppl Godly Atheists vs The Hotness

As for team norcal, as volroth said there is no definite list but take this into consideration, if wat Geo tells me is correct we cant have two of the same chars in one crew, also like hyuga said there are a ton of ppl who think they deserve spots. I think this will either be decided finally on May 22nd(Tracy Tourney) or b4 hand at B4N.

EDIT: The team posted in the b4 posts is my own team and is not subject to change, if you guys wish to use that list as a basis for the norcal team then go rite ahead.

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
Just to let everyone know if I somehow make it onto the list, I'll be playing as Marth, theres no way I'm playing falcon cuz I know SS and Geo are definately better than me. Also about what simna said about the multiple crew thing, we could always make another crew of 7 to battle dbr.

The Game II

Smash Champion
Originally posted by ZeldaFreak0309
who doesn't like to play smash and would come to the tourney?

i dont do money matches, but i'll play anyone, get as many matches in with everyone as possible...
I'll play a friendly (cuz I don't money match either). I want to try out my fox and sheik.

--GCII

Mike Nasty

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by The Game II
I'll play a friendly (cuz I don't money match either). I want to try out my fox and sheik.

--GCII
ill play you some friendlies but only on one condition if I win yu give me 5 dollars and vice versa

Top Bottom