• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B-Reversal Silent Lasers...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I decided I needed to learn the laser stuff, so I spent about 30 minutes practicing and I can do all forms of the b-reversals pretty consistantly. After that, I tested them out and it seems like B-Reversal silent lasers are very useful, while most of the other stuff is just situational.

With BRSLs(B-Reversal Silent Lasers) you can run away while shooting lasers backwards like its nobodys buisness. They are increadibly fast and you can do some insane things with them. Try dashing away from someone, then jumping and do a BRSL. Right as you land start dashing after your laser. It forces them to react to two things at once, and isn't very predictable or punishable.

Also, if you phantasm you will reach them almost before the laser does.

Try this out, and see what works for you :). There are many set-ups with BRSLs.

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
Wow. Reaching the opponent before your laser does. Very nice. Gotta try it.

Immediate aerial phantasming and letting the laser hit after the spike in to the ground would be superb. Would that even work haha.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Yes, that something i use ^^ (However, with only a single laser, it's more effective). But it could be hard to buffer the dash.

Enochuout

Smash Journeyman
Wicked. I haven't been taking full advantage of their lagless landing. I'd love to fire one off and land a boost smash right as the laser stalls them.

I decided I needed to learn the laser stuff, so I spent about 30 minutes practicing and I can do all forms of the b-reversals pretty consistantly.
Good lord. I wish I could pick things up that quickly. It takes me a good few hours/days for muscle memory to kick in.

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
jesus christ, it took me 30 minutes just to get B - Reverse Single Laser down.

And hitting them with Phantasm before the laser hits?! Duuuuuudeeee..... I think I'm trippin.
I hope you realize you just invented the most Flashy Combo set up ever.

Phantasm hits, Laser stuns their landing animation, and you can easily take advantage of that situation and pull of a massive combo (or just go gatling boost smash on their ***).

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
This is pretty interesting. Didn't think the B-reversal lasers had too much potential. Now that I think about it, just as in a laser lock, if you shoot the lasers while they're falling and phantasm them so it spikes them the lasers force them to just normally stand up....free kill move.

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
or if it keeps them grounded, it could also be a good laser lock set up since you will have time to turn around and laser during the initial laser's hitstun

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I will try to get a video up...

Someone else could as well if they wanted.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Well, are you sure the Phantasm + Laser is possible ôO

I usually simply buffer a smash, then Dash Attack / Boost Smash / SHDair, but Phantasm...

Also, if that works with B-Reversal Laser, it could work as well with SIlent Laser...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well, are you sure the Phantasm + Laser is possible ôO

I usually simply buffer a smash, then Dash Attack / Boost Smash / SHDair, but Phantasm...

Also, if that works with B-Reversal Laser, it could work as well with SIlent Laser...
Yeah, I like using Boost smash after doing this.

And you can BRSL so fast that it looks like you never really turn around, and lasers are just popping out of falcos back as he hops away from you.

lol.

Mecha Soul

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure I know what a B-Reversal laser is, but could someone explain it in detail just so I'm sure? >_>

It's running one way, then jumping and firing a laser and immediately pressing the opposite direction that you were running in, right? (so you bounce in the direction opposite you were running)

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure I know what a B-Reversal laser is, but could someone explain it in detail just so I'm sure? >_>

It's running one way, then jumping and firing a laser and immediately pressing the opposite direction that you were running in, right? (so you bounce in the direction opposite you were running)
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=171387

lol

and yeah you got the gist of it

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I don't see the advantage of "silent" over just normal SHL (one thats near the ground)

Is it because when you do a silent laser, you get less landing lag allowing you to go immediately into a dash?

This is looking very useful. The BRSL into Boost smash would be extreme ownage, though its hard to do. I'm practicing now.

wasabicheese

Smash Journeyman
I don't see the advantage of "silent" over just normal SHL (one thats near the ground)

Is it because when you do a silent laser, you get less landing lag allowing you to go immediately into a dash?

This is looking very useful. The BRSL into Boost smash would be extreme ownage, though its hard to do. I'm practicing now.
yes. the silent laser -> dash is very noticibly quicker than SH Laser -> dash

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
^ also the silent laser may cause your opponent to have more difficulties with it since now sound is made and the animation disappears really quickly. Also it's light color can sometimes be a challenge to notice especially when it makes no noise.

Top Bottom