• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AzOne, Singles and Doubles: The Best of Az and SoCal

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vall3y: I think they split the pot, or at least they were talking about doing it before the set. They didn't really sandbag until the last match though, Wobbles plays a mean Link, and uses it to counter Marth. It just didn't work out. The last match was just fun. :)

Should I move that set down on the list a bit because there are some better ones in there? (Like BWill+WobblesVsTajForwardSet1) <-- good set!

Vall3y

Smash Lord
ugh dunno they kinda mess up more in the first two

but anyway yeah that thats a good idea

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Do not double post, Hanki.

Also, which tv's were recording matches? Were all of them recording except the tv's for friendlies? I'd like to see b-wobble vs socalrapsies (rofl and gabe) if you have it, that would be tight. Other than that, I really can't think of any matches of mine that were played on recording tv's.

Keep up the good work.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
we had 4 TV's taping. The Projector screen, the one just to the right of that, the TV all the way on the right, and one that was on the left wall (To the left of wobbles' cool'ed out GC). The later two didn't get a whole lot of useful footage since most people didn't realize they were taping. Plus on the left TV, I left the remote out for a while and people thought I guess that they were supposed to turn it off after their matches :) So that messed it up also.

I'll go through the tapes though, SoCalRapsies was usually Luigi/Yoshi? I know I have at least one set with them. Has the team listing been posted? Like with who was teamed with who?

BTW, thx for linking to my thread, BWill. It's got a huge number of hits. I'm glad you all like the videos.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, socalrapsies was luigi/yoshi. And fortunately, I believe that we did play on the tv on the far right. So hopefully you have it.

Yeah, no problem about linking the thread to my sig. I'm just looking to promote az smash a little more.

Vist

Smash Champion
a lot of awesome matches from what ive seen so far

and wow @ taj & wobbles mewtwos

EDIT: HugS vs Light round 2 was only amazing in how much camping could be done in 8 minutes LOL Hugs and Light are both amazing but that match up was not

nublet06

Smash Lord
me and gabe played on tv 11 like the whole time. we played b wobbles....deep socal and another team with a sheik and samus (i think) twice. and then we played trevyn's team on the tv to the right of the projector.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
You should have been there for that "Hugs Vs Light Rd2". It was up on the projector, and everyone was watching. Tony was doing his "commentary" (So funny, wish we could have gotten that recorded!) . When there was only about 1 minute left, everyone started cheering, yelling for them to put some more damage on. Then with only like 20 seconds left, Light realized he wasn't going to be able to put on enough damage, so went in for the kill, but just couldn't make it. It was so crazy, Light had to sit down for a while after the match and regather himself.

My second favorite was BWill+WobblesVsTaj+ForwardSet1. They all brought their A-game for that set. Doesn't get any closer, or better.

Woot, 2500 views! I'm glad every1 likes the vids!

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
lol yep insane, was behind my brother cheering for him, was so intense, lol after the battle everyone crowded Light(my bro) and congratulated him and a said how crazy close that match was and how he almost beat HugS

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
heh, i'll have to say that hugs vs light was a ******** match. however, when light wasn't spamming his thousand+ turnips, i'll have to give it to him...he did a hell of a job picking his spots when to attack. when watching the vid, everytime he decided to aggress and not camp, he usually hit hugs with every attack he threw out. he played very smart. good shit.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
omg bump...

we're waiting alt... outside your window!

on another note... i might be coming through az again in february, lol...

oh yeah... i know everybody likes light vs hugs... but my personal favorite is rob vs edreese... round two... best finisher OF ALL TIME!!! ...sorry, it just is... ill say it as often as necessary : P

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, sorry guys. I took a small hiatus from video editing, but I'll get back on it tomorrow morning. Expect more videos then.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
heh, i'll have to say that hugs vs light was a ******** match. however, when light wasn't spamming his thousand+ turnips, i'll have to give it to him...he did a hell of a job picking his spots when to attack. when watching the vid, everytime he decided to aggress and not camp, he usually hit hugs with every attack he threw out. he played very smart. good shit.
Not to bad mouth Light but I attribute that to HugS' mistakes. Almost every single time Light hit HugS besides throught turnipspamming and some well-placed aerials, HugS could've crouch-cancelled and dsmashed in retaliation. But he didn't... (for reasons unknown).

Not to mention the 129 times HugS got hit with random turnips for reasons unknown. Light definitely dashattacked way too much and HugS didn't punish them. Light also didn't punish HugS for trying to go over his head with dairs.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
There were 3 matchs of HugS vs. Taj. The two you have up are the last two.

Oakie

Smash Apprentice
? (Falco) + ? (Falcon) Vs Hiro (Fox) + Oaki (Fox) Rd 1
? (Falco) + ? (Falcon) Vs Hiro (Fox) + Oaki (Fox) Rd 2

ahahahahaha, the suck! thats awesome. thx to ? and to ? for whooping our ***.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
That unknown punching bag against wobbles was sandbagging trevyn a.k.a. zarelid.

EDIT: Oh, and the two guys against oakie's team are trevyn and coty, a.k.a south_paw.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
K, thx. I'll put up the names.

Plus, I found some good footage of a certain anonymous Mewtwo among the last tapes who just so happen to annihilate some space animals. :)

Lol, actually, should I take Zarelid's name off that match? I don't want to upset anyone. :)

Mareg

Smash Rookie
Awesome, I didn't think anyone would know the name. Yes it's him. Probably the best "brute" character in an RPG ever.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
me and gabe played on tv 11 like the whole time. we played b wobbles....deep socal and another team with a sheik and samus (i think) twice. and then we played trevyn's team on the tv to the right of the projector.
That anonymous team you played twice was my friend Omar and I! You guys are a really good team.

I'm surprised we, AKA Team STB, got as far as seventh place. I'm really proud, seeing as how it was our first big tournament. I wonder if TV 11 had any video footage, Omar and I played there a lot, too.

D1

Banned via Administration
put these up!

Wobbles (IC's) Vs Taj (Mewtwo) Rd 4 Set 1 --- Google Video - YouTube (Tracking Issues...)
Wobbles (IC's) Vs Taj (Fox) Rd 5 Set 1 --------- Google Video - YouTube (Tracking Issues...)

: (

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've been sort of trying... They were in the beginning of one of the tapes that had some tracking issues. That means that they are full of static, they break in and out, etc... There's not really anything to watch. It straightens out pretty quickly after those matches thankfully, but I'm not sure if they'll ever be able to be watchable.

jotun

Smash Ace
I just watched the HugS vs Light video that you labelled "AMAZING"

it was amazing, all right.. amazingly boring. need to remember to never watch anything involving more than 1 of peach and/or samus..

Oakie

Smash Apprentice
it was more of a, " you had to be there" kind of thing i guess, cause the fight was amazing while in the audience, you wouldn't understand...you're from texas. j/k

D1 your sig made me lol, i like it.

Straight

Smash Journeyman
I was there. That match was garbage.
When can we expect some ROFL/Gabe teams matches?

South_Paw

Smash Ace
did you record the tv on the far left of the projector? there should be a falco vs jigglypuff set omg i want so bad, lol...

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay, due to less than "AMAZING" response, I've labeled LightVsHugs2 as only "Good". ;)

School started today for me, so I'm gonna be a bit busier than I have been the last week or two, but the remaining matches will make their way up very soon.

Oh, and I have about a minute and a half of my compilation nameless video made. Hopefully I'll get that finished within a reasonable time as well.

Top Bottom