• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest AZOne: BIG$MONEY$TOURNAMENT Jan. 6th.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
ah shane... its been so long... you should just not play... we're too good now. and dont even bother with brawl... you'll just get owned by everybody...

muhauhhahahha smack talk returns...

forward

Smash Champion
Most likely. I was hesitant about pools at first but we have a lot of time, and will most likely have lots of set ups.

Which brings me to something else. If you can bring a cube and tv please let me know so I can get a count on things.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
hey Hanki, why dont u just get here a day early and rent a hotel room or do the (free boarding) thing with forward(if he doesnt mind :p); so u dont have to wake up so early.

and pools would be nice to have

also i can bring a Cube if u need, but not a tv

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Goop will bring a TV, a Cube and a VCR. Also if there are people interested I need some training partners so email me or call me if your interested. Check the tourney post for my information.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Um... Maxxxpower, I don't think you know this Shane lol. I think your talking about Hanki, Knightmare is a different person. Yeah... a lot of people in the smash community have the same names...

Knightmare/Shane, please come to this tourney, even just to hang out!
Nobody has the same name as me.-- Guillermo Vega Gonzales Ramirez De Jesus Rodriguez En El Nombre del Hijo, del Padre, el Espiritu Santo, Amen.

Ha.

Long story:

When I had just started playing Smash in March, the rest of the Sex Train Banditos (who had already been playing since the game came out), told me about a tournament they had gone to. I remember Vato and Jose telling me that they met AltF4 and his buddy from Jersey and a bada$$ guy named Shane with killer mindgames. I think I heard something about him having a beard of some kind, but this was before I met Hanki. In fact, I hadn't heard about Hanki or his arousing Y. Link. They also told me about this guy named Treeko. I don't know who he is, I think I've seen him on the boards, but I heard he was also very good.

Yeah.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Nobody has the same name as me.-- Guillermo Vega Gonzales Ramirez De Jesus Rodriguez En El Nombre del Hijo, del Padre, el Espiritu Santo, Amen.

Ha.

Long story:

When I had just started playing Smash in March, the rest of the Sex Train Banditos (who had already been playing since the game came out), told me about a tournament they had gone to. I remember Vato and Jose telling me that they met AltF4 and his buddy from Jersey and a bada$$ guy named Shane with killer mindgames. I think I heard something about him having a beard of some kind, but this was before I met Hanki. In fact, I hadn't heard about Hanki or his arousing Y. Link. They also told me about this guy named Treeko. I don't know who he is, I think I've seen him on the boards, but I heard he was also very good.

Yeah.
Yes that tourney was at Atomic Comics and I ran it and set it up with some help from Dan. Shane definately didn't have a beard though (LOL at that, it makes me giggle thinking about him with a beard!). Poor Treeko I have invited him to tourneys before but he said he really dislikes playing Smash now . What the heck did you do to him Tony, jeez you frickin tramatized him.

ROFL bearded Shane!

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Maybe the beard came from my imagination, but I know that's the guy. All I'm saying is that I know TWO Shanes: the cool Shane who plays Y. Link and the other one that I can only imagine what he looks like. Although, they're both really good.

Anyway, this tournament is ONLY TWO WEEKS AWAY and this means ONLY ONE SATURDAY LEFT TO PRACTICE!

Whomever can make it, should come to the Glendale Weekly Dec. 30. All I'm saying is that this is the last Saturday in 2006 that we can all gather as a large mob and play Smash in someone's garage. Besides, IT'S FREE!

Go Here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=89127

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh! Right! I remember him I think! Did he used to hang out with Demised, or am I imagining that. He seemed like a pretty cool guy, great sense of humor.

I'll see if I can't make it to the glendale thing this week, Maxx. I have officially given up my Ness ways and have been seduced to the power of Falco. I'm trying to get as technical as I can in a short period of time and I think I'm making some progress. Later!

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
yeah, thats the Super Sayian hair guy and he did hang out with Demised too; they're both pretty cool people. I used to play smash with that Shane and he taught me some stuff about playing, and when i went to my 1st tourney he taught me about L-canceling i didnt know about :)

lol **** falco!!! i hate that bird

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Yes that was him! He was the coolest looking person I have ever seen in my life. He ended up playing me and it was my first tounament ever lol. I didn't even know how to L Cancel then 0.o

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
LOL TREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I made him quit the game. :rotfl:
haha wtf? treeko? man i haven't seen that kid in forever. the last time i played him was at one of sean's smashfests back in the day when guys like levi were playing regularly back in my noob days. heh, i think i beat his samus with my link.

azone seems so far away...

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
azone seems so far away...
...Yet it's so close, son! It's only 11 days away. My testicles are twitching with just the thought of it.

I have a question: Is it okay if I bring a TV, or is there pre-designated TVs there already? Or maybe we could use it as a Friendlies TV. Just a suggestion, seeing as how I want to get some footage of matches and stuff. My TV has a VCR recorder integrated into it, so I can use a capture card on the tapes and digitize them. I'll have to bring a ****load of tapes, though-- there's a lot of time and there will be TONS of matches.

Which reminds me.

I'm relatively new to the scene compared to everyone else and I haven't got to play any of the 10-and-UP ranked players (save for Light and Wobbles) and I'd really like to take this tourney to do so (however when my friend Omar and myself move to ASU I guess I'll have plenty of chances). Would anyone who I haven't played before do some friendlies with me? Right now, I'm really itching to play:

- forward's Falco
- Taj's Fox and Mewtwo
- Blood of the Fallen
- B-Will (if he goes)

I'm sure there's more, but that's all that can come to mind right now. It would really make my day. You will all spot me right away-- I'll be the fat Mexican kid with a name tag on his chest and a smile on his face. Maybe there will be a Twinkie in my hand, you'll have to see to find out.

Thanks in advance, guys.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Of course I'd play against you. I am making it a priority to play against everyone I have never played against (that would include you max).

I play marth and falco. Yes, I expect to attend this tourney.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Thanks, pimp. That was one of the main reasons I wanted to come to this, mangz.

I play: Doc, Fox/Falco, and Jiggs.

I'm looking forward to it, B-Will.

forward

Smash Champion
I'll play whoever as long as I'm not busy running the tournament or something. And please, bring a t.v. We need as many as possible

Demised

Smash Ace
I like the admiration to Super Sayian Shanes hair..lolz.

Oh Shanes going, i'll make sure of that. If you think shanes hair is super sayian, you havent seen nothin yet..^_^

Yah, i realized my inbox is full, and im not on here enough. If you wanna smash just message me on aim at OblivionDemised, or even better, just call me at 602-819-0589 (Tim if u dont know me).

Hey, Black and White, we should smash sometime. Dunno about white though, so angry when he wins..lolz. j/k

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
lol yeah, im not sure about white, hes always mad when he wins it seems, quote from TIM "hmm... **** i won again..."

but yeah, i wanna play, probably today maybe

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
more hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Got some Smash time today with Black, White, and Demised today. Good times. I'm just glad that I'm getting some prep time before AZOne.

Thanks to Light, Dark, Tim, and Mel for coming over I had a good time. Sorry I suck on teams, Tim; I tried. Mel seemed nice, I hope she wasn't grossed out by the guy smell.

I was thinking tonight and I came up with a name for Dark and Light-- Ebony and Ivory. I don't know if it's already your team name or whatnot, but I like it.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Really? But you go together in perfect harmony.

I'll still always picture you as Stevie Wonder and Brad as Paul McCartney.

Butters 000

Smash Journeyman
Lets say I want housing because I don't feel like waking up at 5 , would anyone be able to help me out with that? ( It would be around the Friday evening before the tourney)

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
oh man ab one week away is all me and my friends r so freaking excited first tourny of mny to come

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
OKAY! COLORADO IS GOING TO BIG$!

If someone would be so kind as to house 3-5 of us, we would VERY much appreciate it!

Knightmare

Smash Cadet
Wow so many people know me from my hair...I just had it cut so I dont look that cool anymore :/ I dont know most of your names on here but Im sure that I will recognize your faces if I go. It would be nice to see everyone again. Timmy and Coty..man I havent seen you guys in forever considering we used to play almost every weekend for a long time. I dont see why I wouldnt make it since I dont work but I guess it just depends what time I want to wake up. Timmy you give me a call sometime next weekend and remind me to go. I called you like 2 weeks ago to hang out with me Darnell and Dwayne but you didnt answer.
Oh yes and all my posts before this one were made on my Wiiiiiiiiiiii :D

Top Bottom