• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AZ Melee Mewtwo Main Feedback

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
You must have an exciting life if you get off whenever someone uses a word differently than you do.

Especially when they did so correctly.

downgrade
verb
: to give (someone or something) a lower rank or grade
: to cause (someone or something) to be thought of as less valuable, important, etc.

(source: Merriam Webster)

You've clearly convinced nobody, Mr. Argumentum ad Logicum. All you do is flame people, focus on logic, semantics, and grammar, and yet you're still wrong.
Said it like the embodiment of the Dunning Kruger effect you are. The fact that I point out your logical fallacies doesn't imply that I'm committing an argumentum ad logicum fallacy. If maybe you were competent in argumentation, you'd know that argumentation is all about focusing in logic. And if you knew anything about logic and analytic philosophy, you'd know the role of semantics in logic, which is particularly problematic when it comes to the way philistines like you think.

And yeah, it's easy for the butthurt, incompetent, pseudo-intellectual kid that says that something he dislikes is wrong. It's like a dumbass creationist kid telling Stephen Hawking that he is wrong when Stephen Hawking visits his school of *******. If you want to pretend that you somehow refuted a scholar in the subject, then I suggest you at least say something intelligent first, and realize that the fact that I treat you like **** (since there's no reason to consider you otherwise) is and will forever be irrelevant to the cogency of my arguments. Try again.

The act of rebuttal effectively downgrades an argument. In the same vein, downgrading is something that I ought to do, since it has a basis. That's the difference between "downgrading" and "degrading". The former is not objectionable, while the second is right on your typical dumbass platitudinous internet autist line of reasoning.

Last edited:

Friendly Fire

Smash Rookie
This thread is hilarious. Anyway, I really enjoy the changes to Mewtwo in PM. He has excellent mobility and although there are many possible improvements to be made (as there always will be), but overall the PMBR did a wonderful job. In a way, there is no correct answer, nor will there ever be. Mewtwo is fairly balanced with the rest of the cast from what we've seen in the limited metagame so far, and I think that's a fair place to be.

I read through every post on this thread and I must say... please be nice to people who come to your thread posting constructive ideas. I saw you instantly tell a few people "get out" when they said nothing inflammatory or rude. It's just common courtesy; I don't want people to think the smash community is this rude.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
It's just common courtesy; I don't want people to think the smash community is this rude.
it is common courtesy in AZ

you get strapped down into a chair in the blistering heat outdoors and you have to listen to noirscythe tell you how much of a degraded/downgraded/walking Dunn's effect that you are before you can join the smash community

Top Bottom