• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AZ Melee Mewtwo Main Feedback

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
Shield Dropping: (Important)

-This is probably the first thing I noticed that changed about Mewtwo. The platform drop animation has been clearly changed, and it looks pretty and all, but it's a nerf. Believe it or not, in Melee, Mewtwo has a pretty good shield dropping game. Mewtwo's size makes his shield-size conveniently large. It's very effective against players on platforms to counter shield pressure with a shield drop into uair. It's also an excellent counter for attackers under the platform to shield drop into djc fair, nair, and even disable.

The way that shield dropping is now, Mewtwo practically has no options. His hurtbox is too big and spread out, making shield dropping practically equivalent to letting go of the shield. He also takes too long to actually go under the platform, effectively removing what I thought to be one set of his best options in the game. Some cutesy aesthetics aren't worth the sacrifice.

Side B

-For reflecting: I think it's a great thing that side B can now hit the shooter. However, the fact that Mewtwo didn't hit the shooter in Melee wasn't some sort of glitch or developer oversight. Mewtwo's confusion made the projectile so it did not hit the shooter, but the projectile would hit anyone else, making it scenarios such as shooting through your opponent into his teammate or reflecting your teammates projectiles safely possible. Don't get me wrong, the new reflecting properties are much more useful, but what I would like to see, is the option to see an option to use either reflecting option (melee and new). Maybe it could be implemented by using making it that holding the button makes it hit, and tapping it (or double tapping it) makes it phase. The old side B could have its old potential utilities from Melee, plus the ability to create a new mixup, which valuable given his new teleport options.

-For the grab attack: What has been done to the side B when it hits is beautiful, but it seems to me like the developers didn't understand when side B is used by Mewtwo mains. Side B's valuable properties came from its range and hitbox. It is a spacing tool and pivoting tool. It was very valuable to outspace and punish thing*s, such as aggressive Fox recoveries and Falcon approaches. It was also very useful to use in midair, from a ledgedrop, and when platforms were in play, where the possibility that your opponent would fall on a platform while Mewtwo lands safely on the floor. Unfortunately, side B's range has been nerfed to hell. It looks like you can't catch anything with it. I saw Taj yesterday try confusion OoS on stream yesterday on apex and not land it, and my heart hurt. You can't anyone from the ledge anymore unless they're ridiculously close (like uair close), and that reduces an option Mewtwo had to recover.

I'd really like to see side B's coverage restored to what it was in Melee. And like with the reflect, I kind wish that that the old throw properties (where you could tech-chase or shieldgrab attempts at punishing on hit) were optional. Maybe if you were to double-tap you could have the new animation, and just holding it will allow you to do the old one.

Teleport Tricks (Important)

-For some reason, teleport stalling the ledge will occasionally teleport me onto the the stage, making me ledge-cancel rather than sweetspot onto the ledge. I'd really like for this to be fixed, or at least have someone identify the problem for me.

-Teleporting through the platform while standing on it is a very valuable movement option in Melee. I hope that this becomes enabled in PM. The extra frames he gains from not jumping can be crucial.

-Taj clearly had reduced performance in APEX because of this.

Quote from FB (In reference to losing to Ally):

Taj said:
hat last hit happened because sweetspots in PM are kinda wonky still. Sometimes I'll snap back on the stage for no reason instead of staying on the ledge. So I couldn't trust myself to go for them at all during the tournament. :(
Down B

-Why would the down B attack after disable removed? It actually had some value. At low percents, where attacks like down smash do not have enough knockback, disable (the attack) actually had a lot of knockback and a really good angle, so that it was effective against gimping spacies if you managed to get them with it near the edge. I was kinda disappointed to see it gone.

-I'm also concerned that it's more unusable than it was in Melee. Too many characters are small in this game or that can easily go under the disable range, so I'd like to see the range increased downwards.

Shadowball (may be wrong)

-Make the charge hitbox big again. It doesn't look big. It doesn't look like I can trap anyone in it anymore, or gimp spacies with a reversed charge canceled shadowball.

-Make the shadowball big again, and make its trajectory unpredictable. I figure it's easier to capitalize on punishments with it now, but it's also easier to punish and counter.

Neutral Air (may be wrong)

Is it shortened? Could you make it long again? The utilities the long nair had in melee was effective, almost guaranteed, platform shield-stabbing, and opponent trajectory control.

Down-air

It's too fast. The reason it's slow in Melee is because Mewtwo has too amazing of an air movement and control. Make it so that it still requires good strategy and foresight to use please.

Things that are awesome

-Oh god, the jabs are great. Mewtwo finally has a useful grab. Thank you so much. (assuming that the first jab still has the crazy priority it had in melee).

Graphics

-This model is atrocious. What's up with the big eyes and ****? Mewtwo is not supposed to just be a big "cute" mew. You know, not all of us are autistic brony otaku perma-virgin ******s. Make him back to how he was in Melee please. Mewtwo is a godless bizarre forlorn clone thing, keep him like that. And his tail looks like he always has an erection. Fortunately his giovanni robot suit looks good and his hideous fruitcake model.

Comments about PM in general

-Mewtwo really needs his lightshield and shield drop timings. I heard that these are being fixed in future versions, so I'm very happy about that.

These are my first impressions about the character after like two matches.

Great job with the work on Mewtwo, unlike the two other characters I like playing (Mario and YL), Mewtwo plays very similar to how he does in Melee, so that I'm actually encouraged to play him in PM without sacrifice unlike the other two. However, it seems like the Mewtwo fixes were not quite made with Mewtwo main mentality in mind. Mewtwo is supposed to be more of a resourceful and creative character as I understand it, not a character with easy moves normals that work all of the time. The application of the suggested fixes wouldn't be one of those mindless "make low tiers good without any execution requirements" we sometimes see, instead it subtly enriches the character allowing him for more consistency, mix-up options, and works towards the strengths of the melee Mewtwo metagame.

Discuss.

Disclaimer: I don't speak for Taj.

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
First time I ever read someone saying "X startup has been sped up it's too easy to hit with now". What kind of complaint is that ? Frustrated that you had to put a lot of work in it and new people won't ?

Also congratulations for posting your thread about the changes you'd like to see in Mewtwo just above a thread that's named "Changes you'd like to see in Mewtwo".

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
First time I ever read someone saying "X startup has been sped up it's too easy to hit with now". What kind of complaint is that ? Frustrated that you had to put a lot of work in it and new people won't ?

Also congratulations for posting your thread about the changes you'd like to see in Mewtwo just above a thread that's named "Changes you'd like to see in Mewtwo".
I kinda have an issue with low tiers being turned into scrub tiers, where while Melee players learned the fundamentals of the game and developed into the metagame, the PM players just get a buffed char that was made too easy, simplistic, and black and white. I would have complained if they had given Mewtwo a hover without taking his second jump, and I'm going to complain about this in the same vein. Have you ever played Mewtwo? Have you seen his recovery? Now you can just follow any character to the bottom of the stygian abyss, spike them effortlessly, and recover nonchalantly. There's a reason it was as slow as it was in Melee to begin with.

Also, I read the thread you mentioned, and it said that the purpose of the thread was not for complaints, while most of my content can be considered a complaint or criticism. Additionally, I wanted to make a clear distinction between the nature of my suggestions, and the kind of stuff that will show up in that thread like "why is disable still in the game? You should change it for his mega transformation xD".

Also, I made this thread for people that can read and discern these types of things that do not suffer from hardcore cringe-inducing autistic pseudo-intellectual permavirgin syndrome. I was hoping you'd be scared off with graphics comment, tbh.

Last edited:

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
-For some reason, teleport stalling the ledge will occasionally teleport me onto the the stage, making me ledge-cancel rather than sweetspot onto the ledge. I'd really like for this to be fixed, or at least have someone identify the problem for me.

seems to be a glitch if you do the teleport stall the old method, teleporting directly down towards the edge in a certain position will reset all your jump options but still keep you just above the edge for some reason. could potentially be useful if you can actually do it consistently, seems more painful then anything

i'll respond later but i think your thread will probably go a little better if you don't call people hardcore cringe-inducing autistic pseudo-intellectual permavirgins.

Dillo64

Smash Apprentice
Wow, and I thought I was picky.

Yeah I don't think they were trying to make it absolutely exactly Melee Mewtwo. This is Project M, they were making a Project M character as well as remaking Mewtwo. That's why he's different. Because it is a different game.

Also am I the only who sees that going through the effort to call people out for being "hardcore cringe-inducing autistic pseudo-intellectual" is in itself a very cringe-inducing, autistic and pseudo-intellectual thing to do? Or is the irony just completely lost here?

Rikana

Smash Champion
We can't please everyone, unfortunately (in regards to your model critique). I'll bring your concerns to the PMBR's attention. The shield drop animation suggestion definitely seems hindering; so that will most likely be worked on. But then again, don't take my word for it.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
"not a character with easy moves normals that work all of the time"

"I kinda have an issue with low tiers being turned into scrub tiers, where while Melee players learned the fundamentals of the game and developed into the metagame, the PM players just get a buffed char that was made too easy, simplistic, and black and white."

if you're gonna say that and then your initial suggestion list has just one nerf to dair and then buffs for confusion, disable, teleport, shadowball, nair, and shield drop, then i sure hope you're willing to trade all that for some sizeable nerfs to his easy mode normals like dtilt, utilt, uair, bair.

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
Wow, and I thought I was picky.

Yeah I don't think they were trying to make it absolutely exactly Melee Mewtwo. This is Project M, they were making a Project M character as well as remaking Mewtwo. That's why he's different. Because it is a different game.

Also am I the only who sees that going through the effort to call people out for being "hardcore cringe-inducing autistic pseudo-intellectual" is in itself a very cringe-inducing, autistic and pseudo-intellectual thing to do? Or is the irony just completely lost here?
Brony logic. No bronies in my thread please.

We can't please everyone, unfortunately (in regards to your model critique). I'll bring your concerns to the PMBR's attention. The shield drop animation suggestion definitely seems hindering; so that will most likely be worked on. But then again, don't take my word for it.
Bringing up the awareness is good in any way. Thanks.

Now I realize I should have made a better case for the other mechanics too, since the shield-dropping one seems the most compelling.

(Model should be priority though. lawl)

"not a character with easy moves normals that work all of the time"

"I kinda have an issue with low tiers being turned into scrub tiers, where while Melee players learned the fundamentals of the game and developed into the metagame, the PM players just get a buffed char that was made too easy, simplistic, and black and white."

if you're gonna say that and then your initial suggestion list has just one nerf to dair and then buffs for confusion, disable, teleport, shadowball, nair, and shield drop, then i sure hope you're willing to trade all that for some sizeable nerfs to his easy mode normals like dtilt, utilt, uair, bair.

Some of those aren't even asking for buffs, but asking for the mechanic to be restored to how it was in Melee.

Those are easy mode normals? ****, I play Mewtwo in melee, and as far as I know, he was very low tier in that game-- bottom tier for more than 90% of the metagame's existence, and those were far from easy mode with the possible exception of the easily counterable dtilt. I played him a little bit more the other day, and those moves still seemed situational, albeit more reliable. I'm not asking for Mewtwo to be bottom tier again, instead, I don't want his gameplay to be oversimplified or tilted heavily in one or a couple of moves or direction unlike in Melee.

Also, have I mentioned that Mewtwo stays invisible if he trips with a banana after teleport? It's pretty cool.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Some of those aren't even asking for buffs, but asking for the mechanic to be restored to how it was in Melee.

Those are easy mode normals? ****, I play Mewtwo in melee, and as far as I know, he was very low tier in that game-- bottom tier for more than 90% of the metagame's existence, and those were far from easy mode with the possible exception of the easily counterable dtilt. I played him a little bit more the other day, and those moves still seemed situational, albeit more reliable. I'm not asking for Mewtwo to be bottom tier again, instead, I don't want his gameplay to be oversimplified or tilted heavily in one or a couple of moves or direction unlike in Melee.

Also, have I mentioned that Mewtwo stays invisible if he trips with a banana after teleport? It's pretty cool.
confusion -> range increase is a buff, doesnt matter if melee had more range, in this game its a buff, having more options in any case is always a buff
disable -> range increase for vertical hitbox, it can hit more characters, thats a buff
shadowball -> bigger charging hitbox is a buff, if the charge hitbox is bigger than FC shadowball is bigger, thats a buff
nair -> im 100% positive its exactly the same in melee and project m but a longer nair is a buff

these are all buffs and the only tradeoff you think is fine is a slower dair

every single tail move of his has been buffed in a big way, every single move i listed is now what i would consider a very strong normal. reliable in every situation like fox's nair, sheik's ftilt, marth's fair, falco's bair, falcon's uair, ivy's bair, . in your words, an easy mode normal. Your principle of "Mewtwo is supposed to be more of a resourceful and creative character as I understand it, not a character with easy moves normals that work all of the time." is not matching up with your proposed changes.

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
confusion -> range increase is a buff, doesnt matter if melee had more range, in this game its a buff, having more options in any case is always a buff
disable -> range increase for vertical hitbox, it can hit more characters, thats a buff
shadowball -> bigger charging hitbox is a buff, if the charge hitbox is bigger than FC shadowball is bigger, thats a buff
nair -> im 100% positive its exactly the same in melee and project m but a longer nair is a buff

these are all buffs and the only tradeoff you think is fine is a slower dair

every single tail move of his has been buffed in a big way, every single move i listed is now what i would consider a very strong normal. reliable in every situation like fox's nair, sheik's ftilt, marth's fair, falco's bair, falcon's uair, ivy's bair, . in your words, an easy mode normal. Your principle of "Mewtwo is supposed to be more of a resourceful and creative character as I understand it, not a character with easy moves normals that work all of the time." is not matching up with your proposed changes.
Okay, you're confused. I never claimed that I was offering dair as a tradeoff. I'm not trying to balance pebbles on a scale. Some of my suggestions were clearly buffs, some others were me asking for properties of Melee attacks to return, such as:

Shadowball -> like in Melee. The shadowball is a lot bigger in Melee, at least while it's charging. It occupied a very significant space around Mewtwo. And it also looks smaller when it's launched. If it's only appearance and the hitbox sizes are actually the same, then please let me know.

Nair -> like in Melee. From what I perceived, nair was shortened for PM. And the reason I presume they shortened it was because they didn't want mewtwo stuck during half of his air time with a weak move no priority that loses combo potential the longer it lasts, so shortening nair is actually a buff. I pointed out the few perks of a long nair in order to maintain Melee gameplay. However, I haven't played PM as much, and I could have been confused by the animation or hitlag of the attack. Please let me know how you're 100% sure that the durations are identical.

In any case, probably every suggestion I brought up except for dair whether really a buff, a fix, or a restoration is beneficial for Mewtwo. I don't call a restoration a buff although it's more beneficial to Mewtwo because I'm assuming that that's the way it was and should have been in the first place.

I think we're running into a demarcation problem when it comes to what constitutes an "easy mode move". I am of course aware that the knockback and hitbox of Mewtwo's moves have been improved, but I didn't quite think it was to the extent of "easy move" tier, although I was concerned about it particularly for moves such as forward air and utilt when I first used them, but I dispelled those concerns by thinking that if Mewtwo had those normals in Melee, he would still only be mid-tier at best. The way his PM moves work don't make him lean into using those moves much more often than he'd use them in Melee nor does it encourage to player to use them over another normal. Given their improved effectiveness, you could say that using the moves effectively is now easier, but I would hesitate to call them "scrub-tier black and white easy mode", as I would also hesitate to call many of those other moves you listed as an example "easy mode".

A list that I would propose instead for scrub tier easy mode is:

Fox's Nair, Falco's Dair, Falco's Forward smash, Shine, Puff's bair, Peach's dsmash, turnips, Sheik in its entirety, Falcon's dair and fair, Marth's grabs and 360 degree moves and dair spike, Metaknight's Uair, Ike's fair that everyone apparently hated.

Unlike characters like Link and Mario that just got buffed to the point where it's ******** and turns them into those "top tiers without any execution requirements", Mewtwo still has to work with the same mentality he had in melee to win. It may be an unwarranted impression, but it doesn't seem to be the case that I'm the only one that thinks that way. Mexray said that Taj thought that Mewtwo wasn't buffed as much as the other low tier characters, and that's something that makes me glad, and I'm also using that premise to encourage further buffs that do not turn Mewtwo into another Link. Here's the link to Mexray's claim:

http://youtu.be/Kuy580y1Y34?t=10m45s

It seems like characters like Pikachu and Mewtwo weren't buffed significantly because of players like Axe and Taj.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Mewtwo can't just safely spam those moves more often than not, can he? If so, please let me know how. Mewtwo remains largely a spacing and punishing character.

Dillo64

Smash Apprentice
Dillo64 said:
My point proven, I guess.

Dillo64

Smash Apprentice
I'm mostly fine with Mewtwo in Project M, which is surprising because he was my favorite character to play in Melee, though I never really went too deep in the competitive aspect beyond spectating. The only change to him I really miss was using his forward throw in FFA to attack other players. It would be cool if his new forward throw did more damage in FFA.

Of course this is the most minor of minor changes, I honestly think he is excellent.

hurrr durrr yeah, sure tell yourself that's how logic works durrr

I study the subject, so keep it shut. Please go away.
Sorry professor, just seemed to me like a bigot eager to vomit over-generalized criticisms on others would be willing to take some.

Also I didn't know you had to study on how to be an a-hole, that seems more like something that comes naturally. But I'll take your word for it, you're the expert.

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
I'm mostly fine with Mewtwo in Project M, which is surprising because he was my favorite character to play in Melee, though I never really went too deep in the competitive aspect beyond spectating. The only change to him I really miss was using his forward throw in FFA to attack other players. It would be cool if his new forward throw did more damage in FFA.

Of course this is the most minor of minor changes, I honestly think he is excellent.

Sorry professor, just seemed to me like a bigot eager to vomit over-generalized criticisms on others would be willing to take some.

Also I didn't know you had to study on how to be an a-hole, that seems more like something that comes naturally. But I'll take your word for it, you're the expert.
Yeah yeah, go away, you gross dork.

I edited the main post to highlight what I think are the most important changes needed for Mewtwo so far and to also point out the posts in which I may be wrong. I added a quote from Taj under the teleport tricks section, and a disclaimer.

Last edited by a moderator:

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
I don't know what that is, should I get tested?
that is hardcore cringe inducing autistic pseudo intellectual permavirgin syndrome good sir

well documented in mewtwos who like the new project m model i recommend a thorough examination through your local clash tournament clinics

Dillo64

Smash Apprentice
that is hardcore cringe inducing autistic pseudo intellectual permavirgin syndrome good sir

well documented in mewtwos who like the new project m model i recommend a thorough examination through your local clash tournament clinics
Jesus Christ how horrifying. And here I thought it was just an allergic reaction to all the bull****. Or that I just had different opinions. Or gas.

Does this have anything to do with the hyper-generalizedbigotedouchebagulosis that seems to really be going around in this thread? Cause that **** is bad news, it's wiped out, like, entire races of people.

It seems like there's some correlation between the two, someone should really do something about this.

ss118

Smash Master
I guess I can't post here. And to think I thought this was an interesting thread I could have taken a part of.

For constructive criticism I'll say I agree the double down b should be brought back if possible. I don't know about the nerfed range of mewtwo's side B, I use it for all the reasons you listed and seem to be just fine. You can still side B OoS, just not vs smaller characters. I think your shield drop complaint is legit but I think it has to do more with PM in general compared to mewtwo specifically, and finally take into account that Mewtwo is not made for melee mewtwo players. That sounds stupid, I know, but this is PM mewtwo. PM is kinda derpy, having a faster dair is fine. Most of his moves being 10x more usable is fine. God forbid his shadow ball charging doesn't have as big of a hitbox.

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
I guess I can't post here. And to think I thought this was an interesting thread I could have taken a part of.

For constructive criticism I'll say I agree the double down b should be brought back if possible. I don't know about the nerfed range of mewtwo's side B, I use it for all the reasons you listed and seem to be just fine. You can still side B OoS, just not vs smaller characters. I think your shield drop complaint is legit but I think it has to do more with PM in general compared to mewtwo specifically, and finally take into account that Mewtwo is not made for melee mewtwo players. That sounds stupid, I know, but this is PM mewtwo. PM is kinda derpy, having a faster dair is fine. Most of his moves being 10x more usable is fine. God forbid his shadow ball charging doesn't have as big of a hitbox.
You are right. Get out.

Jesus Christ how horrifying. And here I thought it was just an allergic reaction to all the bull****. Or that I just had different opinions. Or gas.

Does this have anything to do with the hyper-generalizedbigotedouchebagulosis that seems to really be going around in this thread? Cause that **** is bad news, it's wiped out, like, entire races of people.

It seems like there's some correlation between the two, someone should really do something about this.
>Allergic to all the bull****

Dunning Kruger effect.

>Or I just had different opinions.

And yet again we have a hardcore cringe inducing autistic pseudo intellectual permavirgin trying to use oversimplified middle school logic using the superfluous word "opinion" incorrectly in a way that all epistemologists agree is just entirely wrong, and is only bull**** propagated by unintelligent defensive dip****s like you. In other words, your opinion is stupid, and calling something "an opinion" doesn't mean horse ****. I would suggest for you to get an education, but see: dunning kruger effect.

> Or gas.

lel so randum xD pie! Get out.

> hyper-generalizedbigotedouchebagulosis

Oh, you mean like this?

"Also am I the only who sees that going through the effort to call people out for being "hardcore cringe-inducing autistic pseudo-intellectual" is in itself a very cringe-inducing, autistic and pseudo-intellectual thing to do? Or is the irony just completely lost here?"

The difference between the generalizations that scientists, logicians, and I do are that those are justified through reason, and not defensive autistic dorky attempts at quips with a presumed imaginary reasoning you pulled out of your ass. You're an idiot by all the same means that twitards, Black Veil Bride fans, intelligent design pseudo-scientists, religious people, and phrenologists are.

I'm aware that you're a butthurt ******, and keep posting in the thread acting like "oh man, I'm sure going to prove him wrong, and if I leave I'll be admittnig defeat" or whatever nonsense goes on through your ******** subhuman brain, but it's not working and it's not going to work. You're not making it right. It's typical sad awkward counterproductive jabroni ****, so take a hint and get out please.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
what's the point of making a thread inviting feedback if you screen people beforehand based on what their 200x200 px avatar looks like.

or is this even a thread inviting feedback. i think this is just you saying "you guys need to do this because i want mewtwo to be like this" otherwise i cant justify you even putting the words "AZ Mewtwo Main" in the thread. what purpose does saying you're an AZ Mewtwo Main give you? does it mean you're Taj's squire? his protege? or maybe you're just trying to make people take you more seriously because you need to mention you play smash in a state that has good players? do you need to force in contrived credentials when a good enough thread could already stand by itself? its not like your post wouldn't have fit in the changes thread instead except for this gem you typed in:

"Also, I read the thread you mentioned, and it said that the purpose of the thread was not for complaints, while most of my content can be considered a complaint or criticism. Additionally, I wanted to make a clear distinction between the nature of my suggestions, and the kind of stuff that will show up in that thread like "why is disable still in the game? You should change it for his mega transformation xD"."

your suggestions require a separate discussion apparently, i imagine because you think your suggestions are apparently much more intellectual and full of (self)-importance that people need to pay attention to you specifically

people are making fine points in that Project M is a different game. you don't introduce changes in a vacuum. developers cannot simply ignore the fact that giving a character a particular tweak affects a lot about the game's matchups, not to mention that the porting process is not necessarily as simple as tweaking a number. if you look at this critical quote from:

http://projectmgame.com/en/news/clone-engine-blogpost-limits-restrictions-and-possibilities

"But we aren't developing characters in a vacuum! Introducing a new character means testing and analyzing 40-something new matchups, which may mean making small tweaks to the rest of the existing cast."

the developers are actually saying the exact same thing that you're vehemently lashing out at people here for paraphrasing. you're actually wrong about project m being a different game doesnt matter. so if you've been screening people based on this argument, stop it. it's a legitimate counter argument and one you should actually approach instead of ignoring and trolling.

i think your thread will probably go a little better if you don't call people hardcore cringe-inducing autistic pseudo-intellectual permavirgins.
**** this thread LOL i feel like im talking to snex all over again. if there's anything i can say about you noirscythe you remind me of some 40 odd year old man who got into ridiculous arguments about smash, comparative religions, tier lists, did U turns on highway ramps, and hunted for other smasher's young sisters.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Keep feedback and communication with other members positive or I will lock this thread.

I was actually going to quote a whole bunch of your posts that may be construed as offensive but then I realised that there would be too much to quote.

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
So in other words, the irony IS completely lost on you?
That's the Dunning Kruger effect speaking. You're an idiot and never actually had a point. I invite you to try make an argument so I can laugh at it if you even know what an argument is.

what's the point of making a thread inviting feedback if you screen people beforehand based on what their 200x200 px avatar looks like.

or is this even a thread inviting feedback. i think this is just you saying "you guys need to do this because i want mewtwo to be like this"
That's a straw man fallacy. I provided reasoning for each individual change, and replacing that with some sort of oversimplified caricature of me putting forth a request on the mere basis of arbitrary affinity is a textbook example of stupidity in most elementary introductory logic courses.

I'm inviting feedback from people that are actually competent in the subject and/or argumentation in general. Believe it or not, this place is riddled with pseudo-intellectual geeks that would be laughed out of a college class after making inconceivably stupid propositions about "opinions" and "irony" and are subject of most types of internet articles humiliating stupid typical dorks. Not everyone is equal despite how much people like to tell themselves otherwise, and the conversation should continue more smoothly when I don't have to regurgitate basic argumentative principles to the typical autistic self-entitled dip**** making confusing argumentation with dumbarse platitudes and other types of psychological transformations. If that leaves me with no replies, then nothing of value was lost, considering their opinions were worthless from the beginning. This thread is for the potential person that knows what he's talking about.

otherwise i cant justify you even putting the words "AZ Mewtwo Main" in the thread. what purpose does saying you're an AZ Mewtwo Main give you? does it mean you're Taj's squire? his protege? or maybe you're just trying to make people take you more seriously because you need to mention you play smash in a state that has good players? do you need to force in contrived credentials when a good enough thread could already stand by itself? its not like your post wouldn't have fit in the changes thread instead except for this gem you typed in
"Otherwise"? So you'd justify me putting "AZ Mewtwo main" if I did infact only made my points based on arbitrary affinity? You know, I'm not even going to try to make sense of this mind-boggling non sequitur.

Anyway, why point out that I'm specifically an AZ main? It's close to what you mentioned. I'm from a region with a smash scene distinguished for their focus on nuances in mechanics and metagame upsetting, and I've picked up a couple of things from that tradition in a way. My first impression upon finding out the apparent oversight of the developers when changing Mewtwo's platform drop animation and the failure to properly fix or even address in a written manner the failure to retrieve his very importance teleportation game. It feels like the developers had an oversight when it comes to the gameplay tendencies of the AZ regions (like the shield-dropping stuff). And while, I wouldn't consider myself an protege of anyone, I have learned and adopted fine details about Mewtwo's gameplay from other Mewtwo players like Taj and, moreso, Vectorman.

So the purpose of establishing credentials here is (1) to provide a preliminary angle to PM developers about my opinion, and (2) to diminish possible Dunning-Kruger type scenarios.

"Also, I read the thread you mentioned, and it said that the purpose of the thread was not for complaints, while most of my content can be considered a complaint or criticism. Additionally, I wanted to make a clear distinction between the nature of my suggestions, and the kind of stuff that will show up in that thread like "why is disable still in the game? You should change it for his mega transformation xD"."

your suggestions require a separate discussion apparently, i imagine because you think your suggestions are apparently much more intellectual and full of (self)-importance that people need to pay attention to you specifically
Well, I don't know if you know how to read or if you need some sort of special ed type course in English, but that's not what I said. I mean, you even quoted me.

I'll reiterate then:

(1)There was no other thread appropriate for my type of discussion. That's it.

You can misconstrue my words all day like a typical uneducated dip****, but that's not going to really show for anything. There's really no ego behind anything I say unless it's a facetious attempt at narcissistic humor, which hasn't really occurred here. It's simply a matter of reason and argument. If I dismiss something, it's not due to some wishful thinking impression about myself I'm trying to maintain, but it's due to the things that I understand. Either people are right, or they're wrong, and I'm pretty sick of having to deal with people that are consistently wrong and will put no genuine conscious effort to understand otherwise.

people are making fine points in that Project M is a different game. you don't introduce changes in a vacuum. developers cannot simply ignore the fact that giving a character a particular tweak affects a lot about the game's matchups, not to mention that the porting process is not necessarily as simple as tweaking a number. if you look at this critical quote from:

http://projectmgame.com/en/news/clone-engine-blogpost-limits-restrictions-and-possibilities

"But we aren't developing characters in a vacuum! Introducing a new character means testing and analyzing 40-something new matchups, which may mean making small tweaks to the rest of the existing cast."

the developers are actually saying the exact same thing that you're vehemently lashing out at people here for paraphrasing. you're actually wrong about project m being a different game doesnt matter. so if you've been screening people based on this argument, stop it. it's a legitimate counter argument and one you should actually approach instead of ignoring and trolling.
It's clear that you don't understand what an argument means in the first place. Not only saying is saying "hurr durr, did you know that PM is a different game from melee" not an argument (it's a proposition), but it's a PREMISE to begin with. Like... no ****, Sherlock. Did you see me accidentally confuse PM with Melee? Did I call it Melee by accident? Did you think that I thought that 10 or so more characters, stages, and updated graphics magically popped up in my Melee game?

The whole remedial reading classes seem to be all the more dire the more you quote people. I don't know if you noticed, the the "critical quote" you pointed out is actually about introducing new characters to the roster, not fixing details about characters themselves. The idea is that if the developers were aware and comprehended of the reasons behind the suggestions, then they'd change them. Not even you would disagree with the whole shield-dropping and teleportation trick suggestion, because there's no reason to. Furthermore, other buffs I suggested (with the exception of the disable hitbox increase) were either restorations OR the inclusion of additional options that are WORSE than the default. The changes I suggested are justified. So if you want to act like you refuted something, look to the arguments themselves like any semi-educated logician would instead of putting up a charade of fallacies.

Considering the fact that the PM development has made the explicit comment that they intend to cater to melee players and conserve characters' gameplay styles, and considering the fact that they went to TAJ and not MarthFan12 for private testing, you should be able to realize that some of the arguments offered that hold the premise that PM is not Melee are either irrelevant, wrong, or plain platitudinous.

Moreover, I'm fully aware that the fixes I requested require more than opening a .txt file and changing a number. Wherever you got the notion of the opposite must be located in previously unexplored regions of your rear sphincter.

**** this thread LOL i feel like im talking to snex all over again. if there's anything i can say about you noirscythe you remind me of some 40 odd year old man who got into ridiculous arguments about smash, comparative religions, tier lists, did U turns on highway ramps, and hunted for other smasher's young sisters.
Yet more evidence that you don't quite understand what an argument is.

My arguments haven't been about smash since the OP. I'm merely dealing with McDonald's employee's tier idiots trying to deflect the same responses they would receive from a college professor sans the sugar-coating. lol

The fact is that if you feel bad about how I present the things I say, then tough ****, because presentation is entirely irrelevant to logical cogency. Pretending to have something intelligent to say that will discredit those points when your sole objection is my presentation is counter-productive. You're proving yourself objectively incompetent. Now you can either make a legitimate response to the thread, which I'd like you would considering you have some PM Mewtwo trix, or you can continue weeding yourself out with your misguided attempts at dismantling my motivation or something.

Keep feedback and communication with other members positive or I will lock this thread.

I was actually going to quote a whole bunch of your posts that may be construed as offensive but then I realised that there would be too much to quote.
Thread will now turn pg 13 upon mod request. Also take into account, that most participants would be considered for saying something offensive considering the "no u" nature of some of these responses.

Double post.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Thread will now turn pg 13 upon mod request. Also take into account, that most participants would be considered for saying something offensive considering the "no u" nature of some of these responses.

Double post.
lots of people fall to trollbait easily, so it's to be expected.

I have merged your posts. :>

Dillo64

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to be honest here Noir. I never really was trying to prove anything to you or convince you of anything. It's everyone else I try to convince, not the one person I know I can't. And you kind of went and did that for me.

I also never thought you were smarter than me or whatever fallacy you were citing, I could tell off the bat that you we're a pretty smart dude from your first post. Only people who think way too much are that picky.

Still, I just saw all that pent-up and hilariously detailed animosity built up in there and was curious as to the "why" of it all, so I grabbed a stick and poked. I'm not sure if that counts as trolling here, since you were basically dangling it out there and begging for someone to bite it..... can I get banned for helping someone get off? I dunno.

As to the "why" aspect, you answered me and everyone else in full: you're clearly just another bigot and a supremacist. I spouted buzzwords like those to try and see if you'd defend that you weren't those things, but you just seemed to embrace it wholeheartedly. So I guess that's about the end of it.

Really, even a simpleton like me knows talking to someone like you is hopeless, because you are never going to change, and more importantly, no one in this day and age is going to take you seriously anyway, regardless of how right you think you are. Except other supremacists, I guess. Beyond that, I have no one left to convince.

So..... yeah...... I guess you win? Kind of anti-climactic to be honest. Though I'm flattered that you've given me this much time and attention, really. Though I kind of feel like a sl*t now....

..... oh, and I'm sticking by my "no u" argument.

Last edited:

Dillo64

Smash Apprentice
When I said keep it civil, I meant everyone else too.
I tried to be a bit more civil there, but I think the guy who posted after me should at least get points for his user name. Irony seems to be the overarching theme of this thread anyway.

ANYWHO, who still wants to talk about Mewtwo? Anyone? I think they should replace his Shadow Ball with Mega Mewtwo, and he should be able to teleport 3... no, 4 TIMES per jump. Also I feel like his tail needs to be a little longer. Who agrees?

joking btw, these... these are jokes

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
The concept is simple, noirscythe.

The only thing this game was intended to do was to bring over from Melee all the game mechanics we all love so much.

It is by no means a port with new characters like some people keep trying to fool themselves into thinking.

I'm tired of all the threads where people complain that characters don't "feel like melee" and then try to flame people when they are told what they need to hear.

And those words are: "Get over it. It's a new game, and it's a new character."

I tried to be a bit more civil there, but I think the guy who posted after me should at least get points for his user name. Irony seems to be the overarching theme of this thread anyway.

ANYWHO, who still wants to talk about Mewtwo? Anyone? I think they should replace his Shadow Ball with Mega Mewtwo, and he should be able to teleport 3... no, 4 TIMES per jump. Also I feel like his tail needs to be a little longer. Who agrees?

joking btw, these... these are jokes
His tail needs to be the length of 12 Ragnell. (Yes. Ragnell is a unit of measurement now.)

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to be honest here Noir. I never really was trying to prove anything to you or convince you of anything. It's everyone else I try to convince, not the one person I know I can't. And you kind of went and did that for me.

I also never thought you were smarter than me or whatever fallacy you were citing, I could tell off the bat that you we're a pretty smart dude from your first post. Only people who think way too much are that picky.

Still, I just saw all that pent-up and hilariously detailed animosity built up in there and was curious as to the "why" of it all, so I grabbed a stick and poked. I'm not sure if that counts as trolling here, since you were basically dangling it out there and begging for someone to bite it..... can I get banned for helping someone get off? I dunno.

As to the "why" aspect, you answered me and everyone else in full: you're clearly just another bigot and a supremacist. I spouted buzzwords like those to try and see if you'd defend that you weren't those things, but you just seemed to embrace it wholeheartedly. So I guess that's about the end of it.

Really, even a simpleton like me knows talking to someone like you is hopeless, because you are never going to change, and more importantly, no one in this day and age is going to take you seriously anyway, regardless of how right you think you are. Except other supremacists, I guess. Beyond that, I have no one left to convince.

So..... yeah...... I guess you win? Kind of anti-climactic to be honest. Though I'm flattered that you've given me this much time and attention, really. Though I kind of feel like a sl*t now....

..... oh, and I'm sticking by my "no u" argument.
My dearest friend, it is with sympathy and wonder that I would like to inform you that the very premise of your reasoning is misguided. Regrettably, you misconstrue my intentions. You see, it was never my intention, as you eloquently educe, to alleviate my burdensome psyche through ruse and daunt. Instead, I must stress that my actions, albeit carried out with a tint of humor, were carried out with the motivation I explained prior. That is being that my intent was to preemptively filter an expected type of tripe in the dialogue that is known to be dreadfully common around this community, and elucidate my wish to carry out discourse exclusive to my epistemic peers and superiors. Alas, as is my bleak fortune, the human ego that underlies that distasteful tripe is omnipresent-- obtrusively so!

As you shall see, your clever figurations regarding my intent, however ingenious, are riddled with critical lapses in their bases. As for one, my attitude was not exclusive to this thread, but it is perpetual-- a proper and contingent counterfactual to your argument. One has to wonder what is the purpose of the existence of said figurations, when the aforementioned explanation I provided is not only consistent but sufficient and, I ascertain, veracious. Moreover, I'd like to bring into view the infirmities of the accusations of character you thrust upon my being through words (a word that must be emphasized itself) such as "bigot" and "supremacist". After all, how can these words be attributed a functional definition? Surely, their employment begets more uncertainty than definition! To illustrate this point, I bring upon the hypothetical scenario: would it be an expression of bigotry or supremacy for that of a noble scientist to eschew the contributions in dialogue of a delirious knave that himself eschews the hefty foundations of form through which the scientist operates? Not at all, yet in an act of cognitive dissonance it wouldn't be unexpected from the delirious commoner to think thusly. You see, as the dichotomy between a "bigot" and "supremacist" in contrast between a person that holds his or herself through standard is settled through contextual psychology, as these seemingly superfluous connotations are solely a product of temperamental wile when unsubstantiated arbitrariness cannot be demonstrated in the reasoning of the accused.

The idea and significance that underlies language is oft elusive. In hopes to bring better light into the issue, I'd like to point to the works of historically distinguished thinkers, such as Frederich Nietzsche and Ludwig Wittgenstein, who delivered lengthy critiques on the infirmities of language. Indeed, humans are highly susceptible to form beliefs upon faulty convention from which thus confusion is derived, thus having language operate as a medium through which reason is subjugated and thought is oversimplified. One ought to look into solutions to clarifying the cognitive processes and thus be liberated from delusion and herd mentality.

It is now that I bring upon observation that our dialogue is regrettably ill-fitted. The world is indeed a multifaceted place. I must humbly request then that you part from this thread and seek activities and threads more appropriate to your kin, from which with high hopes you may derive enjoyment and fulfillment yonder. A place where you and your kin may mingle contently, with your mouths open, and quaintly with gesticulations and expectoration amiss. Best of wishes.

The concept is simple, noirscythe.

The only thing this game was intended to do was to bring over from Melee all the game mechanics we all love so much.

It is by no means a port with new characters like some people keep trying to fool themselves into thinking.

I'm tired of all the threads where people complain that characters don't "feel like melee" and then try to flame people when they are told what they need to hear.

And those words are: "Get over it. It's a new game, and it's a new character."

Very good! A surely valiant and commendable attempt at what is understandably a hard reading. As you proceed into the tiers of secondary education reading you will become better equipped in the comprehension and analysis department, and may then want to give the text a second try. A few hints:

-The part where anyone claims or even remotely suggests that PM is or should be "a port with new characters" is entirely absent from the text.
-The part where anyone "complain that characters don't "feel like melee" and then try to flame people when they are told what they need to hear. " is entirely absent from the text.

You may want to be careful, in a post-secondary education setting, your professor and classmates would evaluate your type of argument as a "straw man fallacy"!

Unfortunately, this thread's discussion is reserved for those who have completed their secondary education. But your effort and interest is appreciated.

I'm a bored virgin and made this thread as troll bait. Look how fast I can google words and rage
You suck and your thread is useless.

The mental image of a person googling words without knowing the word he's looking for is utterly fascinating. I would like to hear more about it, but unfortunately this is not the place. I look forward to discussing your ideas later with your SPED instructor, buddy. Also, have you met Dillo64. I'd say the two of you have much in common.

Last edited:

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
What I'm referring to is how people on these boards complain how characters do a thing in Melee that is either harder to do, or no longer doable in P:M. (Which by the way, IS present in your text.)

People all over these boards are constantly complaining about P:M not being like Melee when it is NOT Melee. (If you WANT Melee, PLAY Melee.)

I reiterate. Get over it. It's a new game and a new character.

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
What I'm referring to is how people on these boards complain how characters do a thing in Melee that is either harder to do, or no longer doable in P:M. (Which by the way, IS present in your text.)

People all over these boards are constantly complaining about P:M not being like Melee when it is NOT Melee. (If you WANT Melee, PLAY Melee.)

I reiterate. Get over it. It's a new game and a new character.
Ah, nice try. As any teacher would tell you, those two things are entirely different. Saying one thing then pretending you said another will not float in an essay.

I must reiterate, this thread is reserved for people that have completed their secondary ed and are competent in post-secondary ed discourse. However, when you meet the qualifications, I encourage you to read through the thread again. particularly this section:

It's clear that you don't understand what an argument means in the first place. Not only saying is saying "hurr durr, did you know that PM is a different game from melee" not an argument (it's a proposition), but it's a PREMISE to begin with. Like... no ****, Sherlock. Did you see me accidentally confuse PM with Melee? Did I call it Melee by accident? Did you think that I thought that 10 or so more characters, stages, and updated graphics magically popped up in my Melee game?

The whole remedial reading classes seem to be all the more dire the more you quote people. I don't know if you noticed, the the "critical quote" you pointed out is actually about introducing new characters to the roster, not fixing details about characters themselves. The idea is that if the developers were aware and comprehending of the reasons behind the suggestions, then they'd change them. Not even you would disagree with the whole shield-dropping and teleportation trick suggestion, because there's no reason to. Furthermore, other buffs I suggested (with the exception of the disable hitbox increase) were either restorations OR the inclusion of additional options that are WORSE than the default. The changes I suggested are justified. So if you want to act like you refuted something, look to the arguments themselves like any semi-educated logician would instead of putting up a charade of fallacies.

Considering the fact that the PM development has made the explicit comment that they intend to cater to melee players and conserve characters' gameplay styles, and considering the fact that they went to TAJ and not MarthFan12 for private testing, you should be able to realize that some of the arguments offered that hold the premise that PM is not Melee are either irrelevant, wrong, or plain platitudinous.

Moreover, I'm fully aware that the fixes I requested require more than opening a .txt file and changing a number. Wherever you got the notion of the opposite must be located in previously unexplored regions of your rear sphincter.

If you intend to respond to the argument, then it is suggested that you reorganize the content into extraction form (for your comprehension), then indicate the fault with a premise or indicate a lapse of reasoning. I look forward to it when you meet the qualifications.

Dillo64

Smash Apprentice
I know I shouldn't, but this is kind of hilarious....

My dearest friend, it is with sympathy and wonder that I would like to inform you that the very premise of your reasoning is misguided. Regrettably, you misconstrue my intentions. You see, it was never my intention, as you eloquently educe, to alleviate my burdensome psyche through ruse and daunt. Instead, I must stress that my actions, albeit carried out with a tint of humor, were carried out with the motivation I explained prior. That is being that my intent was to preemptively filter an expected type of tripe in the dialogue that is known to be dreadfully common around this community, and elucidate my wish to carry out discourse exclusive to my epistemic peers and superiors. Alas, as is my bleak fortune, the human ego that underlies that distasteful tripe is omnipresent-- obtrusively so!
I just want to say you type beautifully. I feel like I need a tophat and monocle to speak with you. Of course, you could have just said "***** I ain't trollin'" and it would have gotten the point across just fine.

As you shall see, your clever figurations regarding my intent, however ingenious, are riddled with critical lapses in their bases. As for one, my attitude was not exclusive to this thread, but it is perpetual-- a proper and contingent counterfactual to your argument. One has to wonder what is the purpose of the existence of said figurations, when the aforementioned explanation I provided is not only consistent but sufficient and, I ascertain, veracious.
My mistake and deepest apologies then. You're a prick ALL the time, not just in this thread. I understand now.

Really though, it's like the first rule of the internet that if you type "no _______ allowed" in the OP then you will almost be guaranteed to get "_______" in droves. You sure you're not trolling? I thought you were supposed to be, like, smart n stuff

Moreover, I'd like to bring into view the infirmities of the accusations of character you thrust upon my being through words (a word that must be emphasized itself) such as "bigot" and "supremacist". After all, how can these words be attributed a functional definition? Surely, their employment begets more uncertainty than definition! To illustrate this point, I bring upon the hypothetical scenario: would it be an expression of bigotry or supremacy for that of a noble scientist to eschew the contributions in dialogue of a delirious knave that himself eschews the hefty foundations of form through which the scientist operates? Not at all, yet in an act of cognitive dissonance it wouldn't be unexpected from the delirious commoner to think thusly. You see, as the dichotomy between a "bigot" and "supremacist" in contrast between a person that holds his or herself through standard is settled through contextual psychology, as these seemingly superfluous connotations are solely a product of temperamental wile when unsubstantiated arbitrariness cannot be demonstrated in the reasoning of the accused.
So you're not a bigot because you don't consider those you discriminate against to be of comparable measure to your personal intellectual standard, but rather so far below it that the term does not apply?

That's kind of like saying you're not racist because you don't consider black people to be a race. Which if you ask me is a lot worse.

Seriously, if you automatically and hostily write someone off because of something as silly as what kind of cartoon they like, you're not going to be taken seriously, no matter how eloquently you back up your claims or make justifications for it. Or was that just a joke?

The idea and significance that underlies language is oft elusive. In hopes to bring better light into the issue, I'd like to point to the works of historically distinguished thinkers, such as Frederich Nietzsche and Ludwig Wittgenstein, who delivered lengthy critiques on the infirmities of language. Indeed, humans are highly susceptible to form beliefs upon faulty convention from which thus confusion is derived, thus having language operate as a medium through which reason is subjugated and thought is oversimplified. One ought to look into solutions to clarifying the cognitive processes and thus be liberated from delusion and herd mentality.
I get the feeling this whole post was a lot shorter at first and you just wanted to stretch out each part into its own paragraph. I'm going to guess that this one was "READ A BOOK" , but that just wasn't quite intimidating or cryptically insulting enough.

It is now that I bring upon observation that our dialogue is regrettably ill-fitted. The world is indeed a multifaceted place. I must humbly request then that you part from this thread and seek activities and threads more appropriate to your kin, from which with high hopes you may derive enjoyment and fulfillment yonder. A place where you and your kin may mingle contently, with your mouths open, and quaintly with gesticulations and expectoration amiss.
nah

didds

Smash Lord
all these long posts= less time practicing m2

Can't we get along for the sake of our beautifully ugly giant psychic cat child? I know this family is dysfunctional, but it's the only family he has :(

-shout outs to khajiits and giant cats everywhere

dRevan64

Smash Journeyman
I noticed the shield dropping thing too. I'm not even sort of a mewtwo main in either game but I shield drop with everyone and losing that functionality sucks a big one. Also shoutouts to actually requesting NERFS for your character, that's a first on the PM boards.

I think charging shadowball still works, I've gimped with it. Might be slightly harder.

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
I know I shouldn't, but this is kind of hilarious....

I just want to say you type beautifully. I feel like I need a tophat and monocle to speak with you.
Oh worry not, my dear friend. I assure your classiness is asserted with that very elegant fedora, the whimsical growth on your neck, the imprint of fine corsairs on your dress, and your jolly fatty chub that would signify status and wealth in the good days of old.

As you previously suggested, you have "no one left to convince", so you can forever cherish that your position in hierarchy of this highly regarded society (where men revel in their most respected and noble hobbies and passions, unburdened by the concerns of the fairer sex: pure, untouched, and pristine) remains at an all time-high.

Really though, it's like the first rule of the internet that if you type "no _______ allowed" in the OP then you will almost be guaranteed to get "_______" in droves. You sure you're not trolling? I thought you were supposed to be, like, smart n stuff
I must apologize, for all my years in education and academic inquiry have not informed me on these specific "rules of the internet" I ought to know. I must apologize for I must confess I have immersed myself as much as I should in the noble practice of spelunk in the nether regions or "rectum" in order to retrieve these esoteric facts about the world. I must confess as well that I'm rather bewildered at the fact a total of 1 can be considered "droves". To my prior conception, everyone crass enough to infringe upon my request had to be of the "butt-hurt, awkward jabroni misguidedly trying to make it right" kind.

So you're not a bigot because you don't consider those you discriminate against to be of comparable measure to your personal intellectual standard, but rather so far below it that the term does not apply?

That's kind of like saying you're not racist because you don't consider black people to be a race. Which if you ask me is a lot worse.

Seriously, if you automatically and hostily write someone off because of something as silly as what kind of cartoon they like, you're not going to be taken seriously, no matter how eloquently you back up your claims or make justifications for it. Or was that just a joke?

I get the feeling this whole post was a lot shorter at first and you just wanted to stretch out each part into its own paragraph. I'm going to guess that this one was "READ A BOOK" , but that just wasn't quite intimidating or cryptically insulting enough.
Oh my, please pardon insolence. I should have known that I could not burden you with such a mundane task such as reading.

I'll try to summarize in less ostentatious terms: "there is no real significance behind those terms. Depending on connotation, the same property can be shifted from noble to abhorrent, and it's usually only ascribed as abhorrent on the defensive side on no significant basis other than delusional ego preservation. It is a self-defeating stance where people try make themselves look superior by denouncing the fact that a person claims to be superior. It's nothing but a practice in meaningless rhetoric for impressionable people (a platitude). The formation of beliefs on such faulty and inane rhetoric is a manifestation of herd mentality. The reasoning is flawed. That is a fact. There's no getting around it. Read the post again. And yes, do read a book too. The fact that you think you have anything intelligent to say is itself a manifestation of the Dunning Kruger effect (google it)."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I noticed the shield dropping thing too. I'm not even sort of a mewtwo main in either game but I shield drop with everyone and losing that functionality sucks a big one. Also shoutouts to actually requesting NERFS for your character, that's a first on the PM boards.

I think charging shadowball still works, I've gimped with it. Might be slightly harder.
Does that mean that the charging shadowball was indeed made smaller? It looked like it when I was playing, but it may have been a model thing.

I played again with it last time someone brought PM to a smashfest, and it looks like the knockback and hitstun properties were altered too, but I'd like confirmation.

Top Bottom