• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Az: EastValley Biweeklies. Featuring: Forward, Hanki, Wobbles and more!

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Az: EastValley Biweekly #1
Here are the last sets between the top 5 of the biweekly:

Wobbles (Samus) Vs Hanki (YLink) Rd 1---------- Google Video - YouTube
Wobbles (Shiek) Vs Hanki (YLink) Rd 2----------- Google Video - YouTube
Wobbles (Falcon) Vs Hanki (YLink) Rd 3---------- Google Video - YouTube
Wobbles (IC's) Vs Hanki (YLink) Rd 4------------- Google Video - YouTube
Wobbles (IC's) Vs Hanki (YLink) Rd 5------------- Google Video - YouTube

Wobbles (Fox) Vs Forward (Fox) Rd 1------------ Google Video - YouTube
Wobbles (IC's) Vs Forward (Fox) Rd 2------------ Google Video - YouTube
Wobbles (IC's) Vs Forward (Fox) Rd 3------------ Google Video - YouTube
Wobbles (IC's) Vs Forward (Fox) Rd 4------------ Google Video - YouTube

Light (Peach) Vs Hanki (YLink) Rd 1 Set 1-------- Google Video - YouTube
Light (Peach) Vs Hanki (YLink) Rd 2 Set 1-------- Google Video - YouTube

Light (Peach) Vs Hanki (YLink) Rd 1 Set 2-------- Google Video - YouTube
Light (Peach) Vs Hanki (YLink) Rd 2 Set 2-------- Google Video - YouTube

Hanki (YLink) Vs Forward (Fox) Rd 1 Set 1------- Google Video - YouTube
Hanki (YLink) Vs Forward (Fox) Rd 2 Set 1------- Google Video - YouTube

Hanki (YLink) Vs Forward (Fox) Rd 1 Set 2------- Google Video - YouTube
Hanki (YLink) Vs Forward (Fox) Rd 2 Set 2------- Google Video - YouTube
Hanki (YLink) Vs Forward (Fox) Rd 3 Set 2------- Google Video - YouTube

Wobbles (IC's) Vs Butters (Fox) Rd 1------------- Google Video - YouTube
Wobbles (IC's) Vs Butters (Fox) Rd 2------------- Google Video - YouTube

Butters (Falco) Vs Light (Peach) Rd 1 ------------ Google Video - YouTube
Butters (Falco) Vs Light (Peach) Rd 2------------- Google Video - YouTube
Butters (Falco) Vs Light (Peach) Rd 3------------- Google Video - YouTube

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Has Forward given up Falco?!

And yes, Hanki is ridiculous. Caveman and Chu aren't the only noteable Y Links anymore. ;)

nublet06

Smash Lord
hanki is so friggen tight. got to play with him at AZone....i had no idea he was THIS crazy too. i think i played with butters a few times as well.

hanki was able to out spam light....pretty amazing :p i wish luigi had 3 projectiles.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Thank you for your kind words. You have inspired me to become an even better player, rekindled my faith in myself, and now I wish to better myself as a person.

All hail the Massive Loaf.

D1

Banned via Administration
Thank you for your kind words. You have inspired me to become an even better player, rekindled my faith in myself, and now I wish to better myself as a person.

ROFL...nice one there mister Wobbles. Don't play yourself...anyway did 4word go all Fox this tourney?

Amazing YL usage Hanki that was a good watch...nice comeback on round 2 Butters vs. Light and 4word's Fox is crazy fast beast mode omgwtfbbqturnoffgamenowhackerkthxbai ^_^;.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Hanki, good stuff man I love how you use young link so well, makes me want to practice my yoshi more, forward your fox is awsome.. makes me want to .. add fox to my yoshi/falco lineup..Hrm.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
nah forward hasnt given up falco, he told me he gets into weird moods where he says this character is fun to play with so he picks them up and then later on he picks up another character cause he says that ones fun and the other one is boring to him

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Why do you ask, Vall3y?

edit:

I just realized that I didn't answer the question -_- I've been playing competitively since July 2004.

MASSIVE LOAF

Smash Rookie

My incredible internet tone detector senses sarcasm...

Sorry if I somehow offended you but someone as good as yourself saying you aren't very good just sounds ridiculous.

My bad.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Funnily enough, I'm actually being halfway serious :p

You didn't really offend me, and your post reminded me that I put a lot of work into this game and I shouldn't go assuming I'm bad because I lose to other awesome players. Your post actually was a positive wake-up call for me. And I responded in an over the top manner that I didn't very clearly think through. So I'm sorry if *I* offended *you* and I want to thank you again for your post.

MASSIVE LOAF

Smash Rookie
No offense taken on this side either. In fact i'm glad I kinda helped you out. There is such a thing as having an off day as well and maybe you were just having one of those. All you can do is keep practicing and try to do better next time.

To be honest it was meeting players like you at the tourney that has inspired me to try to get better. I've barely put my controller down since I got back from the tourney and i'm really looking forward to the next time I get to play with you guys to see if I have improved.

MonkeyMan

Smash Journeyman
man Hanki, watching you fight was like looking in a mirror, lol even use the same color. Only small difference was improved shffling, which puts you up just a bit further. props

forward

Smash Champion
Hanki's too good!...... I always knew you would someday man.

Guys there's no point in playing other characters besides Fox..... srsly

Mareg

Smash Rookie
hey wobbles im thinking about picking up ic as well as m2 and i was wondering if they need the infinite in order to keep up with the likes of falco and fox.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
wobbles not trying to say i can beat u or anything if u didn't use it, but do u think u could hang with most of the people u play without the infinate. to me its just seems cheap, but i'de do it 2 if i knew how.

do what ya got 2 win

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
For all you hating on wobbles, I'm going to say this now: the guy is good without the infinite. Even when he plays with his solo ice climber he is good (for some reason, throughout most of our matches I had more trouble against his solo ice climber than both).

When you see a lot of his matches, he doesn't get the opportunity to use his infinite very often but when he does, he's merely capitalizing on the opponent's mistake of allowing to get grabbed. It's borderline cheap but there are ways around it. What fun is the game if you think every good tactic should be taken out of the game? Where is the challenge in that?

Anyways, great vids. I only saw butters vs light and hanki vs forward and will see the others shortly. I hope to make the next biweekly.

throwaway

Smash Rookie
Hanki is awesome. He get stuck in less bomb-catching foolishness and applies more bow and arrow approaches than anybody else.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
This thread needs more posts hailing Forward for his ungodly skill. It's all Hanki Hanki Hanki, and it should at least be Hanki Hanki Forward Hanki. Srsly.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, Forward's Fox came out of ****ing nowhere. It was uber aggressive, and absolutely brutal on the shine spikes. Nobody really had any answers to his speed.

Hanki Hanki Forward Forward Hanki

MASSIVE LOAF

Smash Rookie
Yeah actually Forward's Fox inspired me to pick him up as a secondary. I think I'm doing pretty well for just starting him. Maybe I'll post a vid and you guys can tell me what i'm doing wrong or what I can improve on.

Hanki Hanki Forward Forward Forward Hanki

(See what I did there?)

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Yea I was surprised by Forward's Fox as well. Speed like that is very rare, especially with that accuracy. Fox really is too good, but I think that Marth and a few others (*cough* other top tiers?) are pretty much level with him, or close enough.

Fox is broken, but not that broken.

Hoods

Smash Cadet
No other character worth playing with besides Fox...
That sounds like something a communist would say. Lol
I don't fear for me but the more impressionable smashers who might believe you. What about the children?
On another note though people win tournaments with other characters.

D1

Banned via Administration
I was utterly amazed at the speed+accuracy+beastmode autopilot combo ability that 4word had w/ Fox...it was pretty **** sexy.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah...forward's fox has always been too good, it's about time he pulled that out for tourney. Kind of like a secret weapon or something.

Top Bottom