• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AZ Aftermath

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Arizona Smash Scene Presents:
AZ Aftermath
Tourney 3/4 of Season.

DATE & TIME SCHEDULE
June 18th, 2011

1:00PM-Frienlies/MMs/Warmups
2:00PM-Side Event(s)
4:00PM-Singles

1232 E Southern Ave #14
Mesa, AZ 85204

Map

ENTRY FEES
Singles-$10 per person
Side Event(s)-TBD

POT SPLITS
Singles
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Side Event
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

SETUPS

Brawl Set-ups

TVs

Recording set-ups

GENERAL GAMEPLAY RULES

1. 3 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to "Off" and "None"
4. All infinites are legal.
5. Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
6. There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
7. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
8. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
9. If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
* In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
* If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight, and 18 for all other characters.

RULES OF CONDUCT

1. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
2. Pausing may be turned off by request and the request cannot be denied. In the event pause is on and is pressed, whether by accident or on purpose, the result will be a loss of the current stock for the perpetrating player.
3. Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
4. You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
5. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
6. No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
7. Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.
8. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match can/will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set.
9. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
10. Regarding textures and other game hacks:
* Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
* The BBR-RC recommends players do not use intrusive texture and stage hacks.
* Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion.

STAGES

NEUTRAL
• Battlefield
• Final Destination
• Lylat Cruise
• Smashville
• Yoshi's Island

COUNTERPICKS
• Brinstar
• Battleship Halabard
• Castle Siege
• Delphino Plaza
• Frigate Orpheon
• Rainbow Cruise
• Pokémon Stadium
• Pokémon Stadium 2
• Picto Chat

CONTACT
Chris (Darklink)- 602 -696 -7917 (CALL OR TEXT)
Javier (Jard)- 602-684- 0467(CALL or TEXT)
Shawn (K9): 480-217-4701 (CALL OR TEXT)
Kurtis (Yoshiken): 480-381-1424 (CALL ONLY)
Venue: 480-507-0509 (CALL ONLY)

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
I see that you guys used my title. It is understandable, since I am so superior and all :afrainbo:

Oh, and the tournament is usually over between 9:00 and 10:00.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Chris its been being discussed in the PR/social thread for like 2 weeks ._.

Would it be a terrible idea to have this tourney and then have another on the 25th?

And we should do Waseda Doubles for the side event.
Waseda-style doubles is essentially randomly paired teams with locked characters. Everyone writes down their name and the character they will be using throughout the event--no counterpicking allowed! Once all the names are gathered, two TOs pull at random two names. Those two players team using their respective characters.

Jane

Smash Hero
so basically, for the waseda doubles, anyone that has more than one main gets clipped in the dick, while people with only one main get no disadvantages. awesome.

edit- oh for side event. meh. low tier.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
so basically, for the waseda doubles, anyone that has more than one main gets clipped in the dick, while people with only one main get no disadvantages. awesome.

edit- oh for side event. meh. low tier.
It's more so you can't change your team to adjust to your partner and also to prevent counterpicking, if people wanted to we could just run doubles with random teammates and not have character locks... also I just realized there's no regular doubles? O_o

And I personally would be really happy with low tiers... lol ;P

Jane

Smash Hero
yeah we should just do low tiers. i know all of tucson (except maybe tommmy, idk) loves low tier. and you, yoshiken, and k9 most definitely love low tier so yeah. low tier! :yeahboi:

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
tommy will probably not quit falcon for as long as he smokes weed

And Chris, you should just make the tourney threads.

If there's gonna be a date change, determine it soon

Duff0

Smash Ace
i dont think this doubles thign would be serious enough for people who dont main mk to switch to mk

that would be dumb

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Is there any posibility at all to have a tournament both this weekend and the week after? Maybe make it a $5 entry or something, but at least run something this weekend. I haven't played at all since I got to AZ, and I'm leaving in a few weeks ><.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, seriously guys, why not just keep the 18th? Gamers Inn is totally cool with it. Actually, they were cool with it yesterday when I asked if we could have the smashfest yesterday. I don't get why it is being postponed for no reason. Is it just because Chris is in California? We could run a tournament without him here.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
The infamous Zelda player from Tucson managed to get the 18th off and he actually wants to go.
I'm gonna go ahead and say Tucson will be coming up on the 18th

<3 Chris :(

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
The tournament will be on the 18th. Mainly because of this:

Let's keep the tournament on the 18th. I can bring 4 other people from Tucson plus myself.

Tournaments after this date will be harder for all five of us to make it.

<3
And of course, the 4-5 new Tucson players who are planning on driving up here this weekend.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Hype! (Sorry chris =/)

Also is there anyone who could house me friday and saturday night if my mom drops me off friday and picks me up sunday? Call or text me 317-445-0721. I'd really appreciate it :).

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
uhhhh yeah, we don't need Chris there to have a tourney.

Did tommy quit falcon?
oh god no. lol

in b4 +70% of metaknights in waseda doubles XD

well I'll probably still do kirby for it but MK is tempting
I would go MK if we do Waseda...

tommy will probably not quit falcon for as long as he smokes weed
science

no, but low tier isnt on the list of things tommy definitively likes. lol
it's true. especially if there will be more than 1 Yoshi. I would maybe play Samus or Poke Trainer. possibly Ganon.

The tournament will just be the saturday afterwards. Tuscon is this fine? - Darklink.
completely NOT fine at all.

Yeah, seriously guys, why not just keep the 18th? Gamers Inn is totally cool with it. Actually, they were cool with it yesterday when I asked if we could have the smashfest yesterday. I don't get why it is being postponed for no reason. Is it just because Chris is in California? We could run a tournament without him here.
EXACTLY.

The infamous Zelda player from Tucson managed to get the 18th off and he actually wants to go.
I'm gonna go ahead and say Tucson will be coming up on the 18th
Even more of a reason it will stay the 18th

yeah sorry chris, but we're having a tourney with or without you, lol
yup.

The tournament will be on the 18th. Mainly because of this:
Let's keep the tournament on the 18th. I can bring 4 other people from Tucson plus myself.

Tournaments after this date will be harder for all five of us to make it.

<3

:peach:

:phone:
And of course, the 4-5 new Tucson players who are planning on driving up here this weekend.
yup.

Jane

Smash Hero
so by the looks of things this tourney is gonna be hot. tucson, can we please get some training in NOT at ****ing night time?...

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
tommy and I try to work in the day as much as we can since kyle sleeps all of the day anyway and is never available until night. night is what works for us. but call them. i know kyle has school, and tommy just have work right now.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
idk how I would get into town. and I also work tomorrow night until 6pm, and i again don't know how I would get into town.

Anjila

Smash Cadet
Kevin, I am deeply offended you didn't use my glorious masterpiece nor Gah's ingenious name.

Also, I guess we'll need volunteers to take care of the bracket and pools and stuff?

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Hype! (Sorry chris =/)

Also is there anyone who could house me friday and saturday night if my mom drops me off friday and picks me up sunday? Call or text me 317-445-0721. I'd really appreciate it :).
Nevermind about saturday night. My mom will pick me up Saturday, but I still really need housing Friday night because I live 2 hours away and my mom is busy Saturday morning so she can't give me a ride then.

Also I can help run pools/bracket, but obviously I wouldn't be much help with seeding.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
I should be able to house you if its just for Friday, though my apartment doesn't have very much in it so I don't know how much fun you would have, haha. Maybe I could borrow K9's Wii and Brawl. I also have a take-home Differential Equation Exam that I need to work on over the weekend, blah blah blah. What time would you be arriving on Friday?

Yeah, so you can totally stay, but it might be a bit dull. You could always use my computer or play the X-Box 360 while I am doing the test though, or sleep in, as I tend to wake up early.

Jane

Smash Hero
or you could pull an M2K and jack off in their sheets and then leave the stains there. :troll:

hahaha, just kidding. but forreal though, ew.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
It would be a pretty embarassing tournament without me to run it.

I'll see how I feel. I'd have to find someone to let me sleep over at their house Saturday night though. Offers, go!

Also lol @ Tommy telling me to enter. Who do you think I am?
:phone:

hadesblade

Smash Lord
No I'm not, I love cats xD.

And eww Jane ><

EDIT: are we doing low tiers for the side tourney? Or waseda doubles? or something else entirely?

Hype 2 days!

Top Bottom