• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AWW JEEZ/Pound 3 practice/Indiana-jan. 26th(updated venue)

Tink

Smash Hero
ok, well, i wanted to hold a tourny for awhile, and why not right before pound to get some good practice in? i want to see atleast 40 people here, with people coming from IL,IN,MI, and even WI. it wont be hard to do. my venue can hold prolly aroun 100, but i doubt we will even get half of that. it will be held either jan. 20th or the 27th. just gotta go in and talk to them.

on to the rules...

you can arrive at 11am.
registration will be from 11:00 - 12:00 and doubles will begin at 12:30 sharp. DON'T BE LATE!

registration
door fee 5$ (Big Cs mom wants some of the venue fee for electricity. the rest will go into the pot)
(will be waived if you bring a setup)
singles-10$(whatever will get more people to come)
doubles-10$ a person

addy(big Cs house)
7637 maryland ave.
hammond IN

you do NOT have to register online for this tournament

Tourny Rules:

•RR, FOR SINGLES ONLY, into double elimination bracket
•All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
•4 stock, 8 minute limit
•Ties broken by lives/percentage
•Items OFF

•Stages limited to the 5 neutral stages for random, others open for counterpicks.

•Neutral stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Kirby 64, Pokemon Stadium, for doubles (Fountain of Dreams on in singles)

•Stages banned: Yoshi's Island, MKI, MKII, Onet, Peach's Castle , Venom, Big Blue, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Termina, and Yoshi's Island 64

•Dave's Real Stupid Rule: A stage may only be replayed if the loser of that stage re counter picks it.

•Knock-out: Each person knocks out one stage for the entire match. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.

•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters

•Double Blind pick may be called at any time

•Special Team Rules:
• Team Attack ON
• Life stealing allowed
• Fountain of Dreams and Mute City are banned

Other Rules & Special Issues

---Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), including cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are allowed.
-- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned.
--Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
-- Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.
--You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.

EVERYONE, I URGE YOU TO BRING TVs. I want like, 10 at this, and me and C will only have like, 2-3 setups max. bring that shizzz!

Echo

Smash Champion
Sounds great. I most likely won't be able to go to Pound, so I'll definetely look into this.

Ctip_5

Smash Rookie
I'll go only if I can find a ride... and if I'm Garunteed to see BiG C!!!!!!!

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I would be there if it's the 27th. I kinda have to go to the Carbondale tourney the 20th :)

Tink

Smash Hero
when the time gets closer, ill have a good name for it =).

also, i didnt put ohio becuase you guys always wonder to every tournament anyways, and i figure it will happen again =). if not, i understand that your scared to fight me in tourny drephen XD.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
yo vboy hook me up with a ride to this so i eat your bird up

actually when i get back to school i will look into bringing some people from champaign...

namely those radovich brothers

Tink

Smash Hero
its a hall. and im thinking of makeing this the 26th or the 13th o,0. what do people think?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
its a hall. and im thinking of makeing this the 26th or the 13th o,0. what do people think?
The 26th seems nice.

Me and CunningKitsune are running a local tourney on the 12th, so I'm not sure if we'll be able to do 2 tounreys in one weekend.

edit:
post 4848, yay

alcheato

Smash Ace
If it's the 27th, Ill definitely be there with some NIU kids. The 20th would be pretty iffy

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Purdue is thinking of coming up to this; such a group consists of like 5-6 people if all of our usual players come, myself included. It doesn't seem like this should fall near exams, and even if it does, it's only a one-day affair, so no biggie there. Wayne, I'm not sure if we would need to be picked up from wherever the bus station in Hammond is since one of our players may be bringing his car back after break, but we might need such a service. Just throwing that out there, sir.

Also, I am looking for a partner for such an event. I finished in like 9th place in the MW Circuit, so I'm pretty terrible at whatever this game is. What game is this again? Yeah, anyway, just a warning for any prospective partners. I also play Fox, and quite poorly at that. If you do partner with me, though, try to keep a back-up in reserve in case something random happens with the academics and I end up not being able to make this.

So yeah. That's the end of my story.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Also, I am looking for a partner for such an event. I finished in like 9th place in the MW Circuit, so I'm pretty terrible at whatever this game is. What game is this again? Yeah, anyway, just a warning for any prospective partners. I also play Fox, and quite poorly at that.
LOL, Anthony is too funny.

Well...you did lose to Silent Wolf!
*runs*

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
FROOOOOOO i'll save money from what i have so we can team sir and we'll rock it.
You're first on my list, Sir Charles. I mean, I do believe we are currently undefeated in tournament play.afteronetournamentAnyway, if you can get the money together and I can make this young Big Tourney, let's do this. :)

Also, truth @ Carl.

BIG C

Smash Master
the only mod there really is is the l cancel mod and there's only one person that uses it and it's AOB so we dun care. u can effectively do the l mod by just holding down the l trigger whilst plugging in ur troller it also makes it impossible to light sheild w/o using z.

Top Bottom