• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Awesome new Ganon vid!

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASXm8Qf1lww

Seeing as how there aren't many good Ganon vids floating around I thought I'd post this. One of the first matches I've seen where it seems the player realizes he isn't playing Melee Dorf and doesn't spam the now ultra-laggy dair and fair. However, on the bright side, Ganon's ground game is shaping up to be pretty **** cool! One interesting new things especially that I hadn't seen before-- side B can be immediately followed up with a jab. I'm already thinking up cool new strategies.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASXm8Qf1lww

Seeing as how there aren't many good Ganon vids floating around I thought I'd post this. One of the first matches I've seen where it seems the player realizes he isn't playing Melee Dorf and doesn't spam the now ultra-laggy dair and fair. However, on the bright side, Ganon's ground game is shaping up to be pretty **** cool! One interesting new things especially that I hadn't seen before-- side B can be immediately followed up with a jab. I'm already thinking up cool new strategies.
Wow now *that* was good.

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
Wow. His Dair was like, so punishing. Best meteor of the game? o.o

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
that was definitely awesome. honestly though, snake should have been at least 2-stocked. Ganon looked like he was just screwing around on that last life.

but anyway, this really should have been posted in the Official Video Thread. it's stickied at the top of the page for a reason...

i'll add it there.

flashfox

Smash Cadet
f-B into jab sounds like a great thing for ganon players to gain!

still, that was against a snake who basically got owned by a stomp, i doubt that will happen as time goes on.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
but anyway, this really should have been posted in the Official Video Thread. it's stickied at the top of the page for a reason...

i'll add it there.
Yeah, sorry. Didn't even realize that thread was there and active.

Anyway, so here's why I thought this video was more interesting than most: Okay, so usually what I've seen in early Ganon vids is side-b, wait for your opponent to roll to one side and try to guess which way and side-b again to tech chase. However, being able to follow up with a jab seems interesting because around 1:53 in that video Ganon side-b's and jabs, sending Snake forward, but seemingly still within side-b range. Could you >B, jab, then follow up reliably with another >B since you know what side they're going to? Cause man that'd be a cool combo.

jellis186

Smash Apprentice
But the stomp came out while snake was in the air. Most people still tryin to do the shffl stomp to people on the ground. That stomp will work IN ADDITION to his other moves, it wont be one of his top dmg dealers or combo setters anymore.

deebz435

Smash Journeyman

Anyway, so here's why I thought this video was more interesting than most: Okay, so usually what I've seen in early Ganon vids is side-b, wait for your opponent to roll to one side and try to guess which way and side-b again to tech chase. However, being able to follow up with a jab seems interesting because around 1:53 in that video Ganon side-b's and jabs, sending Snake forward, but seemingly still within side-b range. Could you >B, jab, then follow up reliably with another >B since you know what side they're going to? Cause man that'd be a cool combo.
Yea I was thinking that too after seeing that video, it seems like it's possible and would be a sweet new combo. Someone who has Brawl should test it out.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
But the stomp came out while snake was in the air. Most people still tryin to do the shffl stomp to people on the ground. That stomp will work IN ADDITION to his other moves, it wont be one of his top dmg dealers or combo setters anymore.
Yeah, it really depends on two things-- the wind-down lag of the jab, and if its hit stun is good enough to keep Snake from moving before you can chase with another >B. Hmmm. Anyone?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
That was the best Ganon I've seen. It really shows what difference there is between CF and Ganon

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it really depends on two things-- the wind-down lag of the jab, and if its hit stun is good enough to keep Snake from moving before you can chase with another >B. Hmmm. Anyone?
From what I've seen the stun of his jab is pretty good and has more knock back than before. I think you could chase after with another >B, but I don't know.

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
I think at higher percentages, after the jab if they get too far or stunned go for a Wizards Foot or Iron Shoulder - cuz it seems like it might work

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
That'd make for a pretty sick chain grab if it worked, especially if you could do it several times across the length of the stage. Still, I'm thinking it's probably pretty avoidable. Impossible to tell without playing of course.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace

it looks to me like at 1:53 Snake DI'd the jab. Ganon does the same thing at 1:18, but Snake pops into the air instead of sliding across the ground. if that's the case, then this wouldn't be a situation you can rely on.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
it looks to me like at 1:53 Snake DI'd the jab. Ganon does the same thing at 1:18, but Snake pops into the air instead of sliding across the ground. if that's the case, then this wouldn't be a situation you can rely on.
Yeah, you're right, seems like usually the jab pops em up more than that. Ah well. >B's still chain together really well by themselves and it's great that you can end with a jab.

courte

Smash Lord
best ganon i've seen...today... in the short what week, 2 weeks the games been out??

Magus420

Smash Master
Since the jab is a lot slower than in Melee and you can manage to get it guaranteed off the forward-B before they can move, I wonder if it's also possible to F/D-tilt, up-B, or maybe even down-B (seems faster than before). Or maybe it's also possible to grab on a bounce now? That should definitely come out in time if it allows you to do it.

Maph

Smash Cadet
Since the jab is a lot slower than in Melee and you can manage to get it guaranteed off the forward-B before they can move, I wonder if it's also possible to F/D-tilt, up-B, or maybe even down-B (seems faster than before). Or maybe it's also possible to grab on a bounce now? That should definitely come out in time if it allows you to do it.
I can't remember where it was, but I'm pretty sure shorter characters can duck under the DownB, meaning that characters lying down will go under it as well.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
I don't think the jab is guaranteed. I've been playing Ganon extensively and after landing forward B, you're opponent has access to his Wake options fairly quickly -- I'm positive before that jab has a chance to connect.

What I think is happening, is the Snake has been trained to possum after getting hit with Forward B from prior matches and the Ganon is taking advantage best he can -- I usually use D. Tilt when this happens as it can lead to Up Air if I'm lucky.

I'll test it out later.

-Kimosabae

WarZ

Smash Apprentice
Looks pretty good, but maybe that snake could have been a little better...

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully I can upload something for you all soon. I'll have to ask t!mmy.

He's still uploading an entire tournament (on a day I had to work)
I don't think that Snake player stood a chance, heh.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Those guys are both good Brawl players. I don't think Light plays Snake too much though. :laugh: I posted some REALLY cool new vids by them in the official vid thread. Go check them out!

squarez

Smash Apprentice
O wow nice ganon any more vids of this guy? Nice use of fair to punish snake's up b.

Twilight Emblem

Banned via Warnings
Wow, either Ganon was really good, or snake sucked balls.. but lets go with the 1st one. :)
I'm going to go with that snake playing bad with the ganondorf being decent compared to the other ones.

But still a better ganon overall then what i've seen on other vids.

vastler

Smash Apprentice
Graet Ganon-Snake play.*applause to the two Char*
Ganon attacks are awsome And Snakes recovery is godlike

Top Bottom