• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Awakening the Voice - Tiki for DLC! *Go to sleep...and wait... *

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
Not liking the spin-off? Her Atlus design is pretty close to her classic design.
Tiki from the spinoff is less well known than Tiki in the main series.

And the fact that Tiki is in the crossover, was for me the reason to buy the game.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Nah grew up quickly.

Something to do with her human blood?
Yep.

Especially considering that her bloodline ratio is presumably 50/50 human/manakete, having that much human blood is why she looks about as old as Nowi when she's basically a newborn relative to her mother.

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
Yep.

Especially considering that her bloodline ratio is presumably 50/50 human/manakete, having that much human blood is why she looks about as old as Nowi when she's basically a newborn relative to her mother.
I did not know that... until now!

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
But I'm wondering what you meant by a mix between the old and young Tiki. You use the Tiki "Genei Ibun Roku #FE" as an example, but I find nothing back from the old Tiki (Awakening).
Young Tiki (Shadow Dragon)
upload_2015-9-16_21-41-19.png

Old Tiki (Awakening)

Teen(?) Tiki (Genei Ibun Roku #FE)

Attachments

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
A blend of both Young Tiki from Shadow Dragon with cues from her older self from Awakening. Pretty much what was done with Roy. The Tiki from Genei Ibun Roku #FE is pretty much Atlus' take on Young Tiki. I only mentioned similarities between the Young Tiki and the Atlus Tiki, not the Awakening one.

I only mentioned the Atlus Tiki because I like the design and it could work to help advertise the Atlus game. Same goes for Chrom.

Last edited:

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
I'll have adequate funding for that art commission of Tiki come next paycheck: budgeted it all out!

Since it seems that quite a few of you are also in line for the "roy" treatment for Tiki, do you guys have any other recommendations/specific design elements you'd like to see in the work? Locale, style, etc. I'll certainly be posting the highest available resolution for you all to see once it's finished.

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
I'll have adequate funding for that art commission of Tiki come next paycheck: budgeted it all out!

Since it seems that quite a few of you are also in line for the "roy" treatment for Tiki, do you guys have any other recommendations/specific design elements you'd like to see in the work? Locale, style, etc. I'll certainly be posting the highest available resolution for you all to see once it's finished.
In what style will the Tiki drawing or artwork be?

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
I voted... I am not sure if Tiki will get in over shrek though.
Shrek is much less likely to appear in the game than Tiki!

That's what I'm inquiring from you guys and gals, before I pick. What style would you like to see?
Smash 4 style.
Which Tiki do you want as artwork? Young Tiki (Shadow Dragon), Old Tiki (Awakening) or Atlus Tiki (Genei Ibun Roku #FE)?

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace
probably Tiki wouldn't be my first choice for a dlc, but she is definitely among my 5 best choices!
so add me in the supporter list, please :)

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Love that Tiki, put me on the list

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
Where's is Spatman?
He's still not in the list of supporters.
-----------------------------------
Still two weeks to go before the ballot closes!
How would Sakurai's moveset for Tiki look like?

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
Can I be added to the support list? Tiki's by far my most wanted FE character that hasn't been playable yet (and I think that she's probably the best character other than Marth or Ike to represent the series).

I meant to ask earlier but I haven't been on Smashboards in a while :p

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
Can I be added to the support list? Tiki's by far my most wanted FE character that hasn't been playable yet (and I think that she's probably the best character other than Marth or Ike to represent the series).

I meant to ask earlier but I haven't been on Smashboards in a while :p
Winny,he says the same as me! Maybe you have something against him?

I'm also searching for other Tiki fans, so we have more supporters!

Another K-2L Survivor,

Did you accidentally already have someone who can work with the artwork?

I would love it if you asked Smashified (but you already know):
http://smashifiedart.com/about

You can ask these people to do it. Perhaps you could also refer to this topic, Maybe we will get a new supporter.

Last edited by a moderator:

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
I love this idea! Even though my favorite Manakete from the games is Nowi(I married her to my avatar), Tiki has played a staple role in the Fire Emblem games, and is actually one of the few to appear in multiple games, whereas Ike, Roy, Lucina, and Robin all have appeared in just one or two games. I love the originality, everything -- this is one of the best ideas I've seen to date. (Also, side note: You listed a bunch of Manaketes, but you left out Morgan.)

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
I love this idea! Even though my favorite Manakete from the games is Nowi(I married her to my avatar), Tiki has played a staple role in the Fire Emblem games, and is actually one of the few to appear in multiple games, whereas Ike, Roy, Lucina, and Robin all have appeared in just one or two games. I love the originality, everything -- this is one of the best ideas I've seen to date. (Also, side note: You listed a bunch of Manaketes, but you left out Morgan.)
So, are you a new supporter?

Solar Crystallization

Smash Cadet
Yaaaas. I want Tiki for Smash! I gotta admit that I'm "freaky for Tiki". someone said that in this thread which made me chuckle more than necessary. xD

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
How big is a Manakete? I do not think it's bigger than Ridley ..

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
How big is a Manakete? I do not think it's bigger than Ridley ..
Tiki's Manakete form is about the same size that she is.

She's bigger due to the extended neck, wingspan, talons and tail, but I'd say it's still smaller than Charizard.

I think Tiki herself is about the same of the other Fire Emblem characters.

So I don't think it's something to be concerned with.

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
Tiki's Manakete form is about the same size that she is.

She's bigger due to the extended neck, wingspan, talons and tail, but I'd say it's still smaller than Charizard.

I think Tiki herself is about the same of the other Fire Emblem characters.

So I don't think it's something to be concerned with.
Some people do not want Tiki in Smash because they think she is the same size as Ridley.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
LOL This is starting to be a point where "too big" is an argument for any non-human character these days.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wait, seriously? Too big has been used on Tiki?

Do they have something against being able to play as dragon, I wonder?

:231:

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
Wait, seriously? Too big has been used on Tiki?

Do they have something against being able to play as dragon, I wonder?

:231:
These people just want to Ridley and no one else ...

-----------------------

Vote for Tiki to ensure that it becomes Smashified! You can do this on the Twitter page of Smashified!

https://twitter.com/smashified

Last edited:

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
If Tiki does not appear in Smash 4 as DLC and still (reasonably) achieves good results in the Ballot, then the chances are she will appear in Smash 5. What do you think? Will Tiki be playable in Smash 5?

Top Bottom