• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Awakening the Voice - Tiki for DLC! *Go to sleep...and wait... *

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So whar if Tiki's Manakete form was an alternate form that is stronger, but only has a few attacks?
Think of it like Bowser Jr Out of Clown Cart, but without the extreme vulnerability.
How do you propose Tiki would transition into this form, out of interest?

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
On the topics of transformation, and how Sakurai and his team might handle it, I think they'd likely take some artistic liberty. I kinda ask myself: Did Robin ever make his or her weapons levitate around in Fire Emblem Awakening? Did Lucina fight remotely like Marth? Did Ike have some of his moves or general playstyle in his games? It's kind of a huge guessing game when thinking of Sakurai would do with a Manakete. Anything from partial transformations during attacks, to final smash "Manakete-Mode" comes to mind for me, but he could go completely off the wall with it. Heck, he made a race car driver use flaming punches and kicks, and the princess of a kingdom use her citizens as a punching bag (poor toad), and gave rocket-heels and a beam whip to a bounty hunter. *shrug*

To summarize, I suppose I'm just expecting the unexpected?

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
On the topics of transformation, and how Sakurai and his team might handle it, I think they'd likely take some artistic liberty. I kinda ask myself: Did Robin ever make his or her weapons levitate around in Fire Emblem Awakening? Did Lucina fight remotely like Marth? Did Ike have some of his moves or general playstyle in his games? It's kind of a huge guessing game when thinking of Sakurai would do with a Manakete. Anything from partial transformations during attacks, to final smash "Manakete-Mode" comes to mind for me, but he could go completely off the wall with it. Heck, he made a race car driver use flaming punches and kicks, and the princess of a kingdom use her citizens as a punching bag (poor toad), and gave rocket-heels and a beam whip to a bounty hunter. *shrug*

To summarize, I suppose I'm just expecting the unexpected?
Hence Manakete Stand~

obvs

Nah but you're right, it's impossible to predict Sakurai.

If he thinks Tiki will work, he will make her work, and that's that.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
All special moves are Manakete attacks.
After these attacks are done, she stays into Manakete form for a while.
That could definitely work~

How does the transformation mechanic strain the 3DS, anyway? Is it just that it's difficult to process multiple characters in the same model, or is it that the 3DS physically can't contain that much memory at a time?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
That could definitely work~

How does the transformation mechanic strain the 3DS, anyway? Is it just that it's difficult to process multiple characters in the same model, or is it that the 3DS physically can't contain that much memory at a time?
I dunno, maybe the loading times would've been too long?

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
I've been feeling oddly optimistic about Tiki's chances lately.

The end of the Ballot and presumed Ballot DLC releases can't come any sooner.

I've become so anxious for news.
I think the end of the Ballot DLC is also the end of the DLC in general.

Moreover will not be added so many characters there. Up to five new DLC characters will be added.

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
I think Tiki gets this kind of moveset: Manakete Tiki doing all special attacks, while the "normal" Tiki is doing all the ordinary attacks + grabs.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I always thought about going the Kamui route and have Tiki transform into a part Manakete for some of her body parts and a full transformation for her final smash so it won't hurt the 3DS as much

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Count me in. We've had a Mage and a few ordinary swordspeople represented so far, so I'm sure Nintendo will open the door for a manakete or Laguz representative sometime.

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
I am still of the opinion that both Tiki topics should be merged.

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
Tiki reveal trailer? Hm. I'd imagine the Fire Emblem cast hanging about, continuing to welcome Roy. Perhaps friendly sparring of some type? Then, a shadow of a dragon (all puns intended) accompanied by a whoosh passes over them. They look up and see the silhouette of a manakete descending towards the battlefield. Suddenly, the manakete is enveloped in an aura of some sort, and after a flash of light, reveals herself to be to Tiki. Cue splash text: TIKI (insert witty one-liner about joining the cast here).

After that, they play actual gameplay, showing off whatever moveset they've developed for Tiki. At one point, she beats up Charizard, showing off who the true dragon type in the room is. And we all live happily ever after.

The end.

Last edited:

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
How big is the chance that Tiki will appear in Smash (expressed as a percentage)?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

High chance or not doesn't mean we can't support her.

I don't really understand why the "chance" debate is continuing, speculating on it won't do anything productive.

:|

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
But aren't we just setting our self up for disappointment if she doesn't make it in?

:link:
No, because very few of us expect her.

I don't expect anybody. I support many characters, some of whom may even have a decent chance to make it in, but that doesn't mean I would get my hopes up with absolute certainty.

Smash is devoid of certainties.

That hasn't stopped 90% of support threads, has it?

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
No, because very few of us expect her.

I don't expect anybody. I support many characters, some of whom may even have a decent chance to make it in, but that doesn't mean I would get my hopes up with absolute certainty.

Smash is devoid of certainties.

That hasn't stopped 90% of support threads, has it?

Well, ok then.

:link:

Astellius

Smash Ace
Tiki for DLC never occurred to me, but now that it has, I want it. FE always needs more representation, in my opinion, and I would definitely love for Tiki to be in it. Currently, Tiki-colored Lucina is probably my most played character. Having the actual Tiki would be better than just Tiki colors!

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Remember people, the Ballot isn't a popularity contest. While popularity is certainly a factor to look at the character, it's those characters whose ideas/gimmicks light up the idea bulb in Sakurai's head.

Last edited:

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
This also applies to me: the Tiki-colored Lucina is probably my most played character.

As for Tiki, it certainly has a chance (if you look at Lord-Zero's arguments). She is unique. Moreover, she is popular and known by the Fire Emblem fans. So, if there is one Fire Emblem character is added, then it is no one else than Tiki (or Anna).
One argument against this is the large amount of characters from the Fire Emblem series.

It is mainly the Japanese branch of the company that decides which character comes in Smash. And Fire Emblem is very popular in Japan, so that's already a big advantage.

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
I am also afraid that Corrin will take the place of Tiki. She is the most famous character in the series that is not a Lord or an enemy and deserves a place in Sm4sh rather than any other personage of the FE-series

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I am also afraid that Corrin will take the place of Tiki. She is the most famous character in the series that is not a Lord or an enemy and deserves a place in Sm4sh rather than any other personage of the FE-series
If what PushDustIn's Japanese research is anything to go by, the only FE character with heavy support in the ballot is Micaiah. So chances are that not many people even voted for the more recent Fire Emblem characters and focus more on the fan favorite ones from the past. We won't know what the final results are until about 1.5 to 3 weeks from now since he's got a few finishing touches before completing that graph.

You can take a look at the article here if you're interested. That way, you will know what to expect out of the updated results that he completes.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/02/19/perception-of-smash-dlc-in-japan/

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
If what PushDustIn's Japanese research is anything to go by, the only FE character with heavy support in the ballot is Micaiah. So chances are that not many people even voted for the more recent Fire Emblem characters and focus more on the fan favorite ones from the past. We won't know what the final results are until about 1.5 to 3 weeks from now since he's got a few finishing touches before completing that graph.

You can take a look at the article here if you're interested. That way, you will know what to expect out of the updated results that he completes.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/02/19/perception-of-smash-dlc-in-japan/
It will never happen that Tharja will come in Smash. Her trophy belongs to the unused content because she has a too sexually suggestive appearance. Why would she be a playable character?

Micaiah is not a bad addition, but I am afraid that she is a clone of Robin.

Tiki and Anna seems to me a better addition than the above two.

Troykv

Smash Master
It will never happen that Tharja will come in Smash. Her trophy belongs to the unused content because she has a too sexually suggestive appearance. Why would she be a playable character?

Micaiah is not a bad addition, but I am afraid that she is a clone of Robin.

Tiki and Anna seems to me a better addition than the above two.
Is impossible to make Micaiah a Robin's clone unless is something like Wolf's levels of clone (Similar specials, different A Attacks) because the Sword Lack.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Actually, before the Robin trailer, Tharja was my most wanted Awakening rep. Too bad she was deemed too lewd for the kiddies in a game where we have Palutena's panties to be easily visible as well as her "pole dance" taunt...

Taking that aside, she could bring a magic-focused style with some of her unique twists to it.

As for Micaiah, it wouldn't make sense for her to be a Robin clone. If anyone's going to be a Robin clone, it'd HAVE to be Morgan. Kinda how I feel about Eliwood and Roy; it wouldn't make sense for Eliwood to be a Roy clone as the two of them fight so differently from each other.

Last edited:

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
Actually, before the Robin trailer, Tharja was my most wanted Awakening rep. Too bad she was deemed too lewd for the kiddies in a game where we have Palutena's panties to be easily visible as well as her "pole dance" taunt...

Taking that aside, she could bring a magic-focused style with some of her unique twists to it.

As for Micaiah, it wouldn't make sense for her to be a Robin clone. If anyone's going to be a Robin clone, it'd HAVE to be Morgan. Kinda how I feel about Eliwood and Roy; it wouldn't make sense for Eliwood to be a Roy clone as the two of them fight so differently from each other.
I was never a fan of Tharja myself (despite her being my Robin's mother-in-law...). I think she certainly would have brought a lot to the Smash cast in terms of potential movesets and uniqueness though, and would have loved to see what Sakurai and the team did with her. Oh well.

Though I agree with your points on the clones, It reminds me of how Lucina is completely nonsensically a clone of Marth in Smash 4. Her fighting style in Awakening is nothing like her representation in Smash, so it wouldn't surprise me if Micaiah would be a Robin clone. You're definitely right in it not making sense, but that doesn't always mean it would't happen...

Astellius

Smash Ace
I was never a fan of Tharja myself (despite her being my Robin's mother-in-law...).It reminds me of how Lucina is completely nonsensically a clone of Marth in Smash 4.
Wait... WHAT? Isn't Lucina being a Marth clone literally the most sensible cloning ever created in Smash? I mean, in FE Awakening, Lucina takes the name Marth, dresses like Marth, acts like Marth, and even gets compared to Marth in some of her support conversations. Lucina is a descendant of Marth, she has Marth's sword, and she defeats Grima, like Marth. There is no other cloning that remotely comes close to actually mirroring a story arc.

For example, Roy is a Marth clone, but Roy is of a different bloodline (he's Eliwood's child), he doesn't wield Falchion, etc. etc.

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
If Tharja and / or Micaiah appears in Sm4sh = a new joke: "Fire Emblem is a series with only swordsmen and sorcerers!" We can not let that happen! If there will be a new Fire Emblem character, then it must be Tiki, Anna or Azura / Aqua

We need something unique!

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
Wait... WHAT? Isn't Lucina being a Marth clone literally the most sensible cloning ever created in Smash? I mean, in FE Awakening, Lucina takes the name Marth, dresses like Marth, acts like Marth, and even gets compared to Marth in some of her support conversations. Lucina is a descendant of Marth, she has Marth's sword, and she defeats Grima, like Marth. There is no other cloning that remotely comes close to actually mirroring a story arc.

For example, Roy is a Marth clone, but Roy is of a different bloodline (he's Eliwood's child), he doesn't wield Falchion, etc. etc.
I apologize for the confusion. I'm strictly talking about Lucina's actual fighting style, not her characterization, which certainly is an emulation of Marth.

Any combat clips and cut-scenes from Awakening, when compared to her fighting style from Smash, are like night and day. Lucina holds her blade differently, said blade has a different length, one of her primary attacks is healing Aether, she normally can't acquire counter, she's shorter, etc. Though the Smash team mostly captured Lucina aesthetically and voice-wise, her functional representation in smash doesn't capture her actual character from her source material whatsoever.

It makes sense to me why they did make her a clone, because it would just plain be easier to clone than create an entirely new model/move-set, and they could easily justify it just like they did by elements of the Awakening story. BUT, lore-wise, she had No way to know how Marth fought, and thus developed a distinct fighting style she gleamed from her father and her own training, not a carbon copy from her LOOONGGGGG dead ancestor.

I could also argue that Marth or Ike aren't great representations of their games, but at the end of the day, artistic liberties have to be taken to make things work, and I get that. They don't match every aspect of a character's lore so they can make us a fun game with a diverse and functional cast of Nintendo characters. I'm really appreciative that they put Lucina in, and I love playing as her. I just don't think that her physically fighting like Marth makes sense, other than because it's easier to do from a developmental standpoint. I hope that in a future title, she'll be de-cloned!

Anyway, back to Tiki! I think I'll commission an artist to make that hybrid design of what she may have looked like between Marth's saga and Awakening. I'll post here when it comes through!

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
To be fair, you say some true things. However, I still contend that Lucina is the most proper clone-type character. In fact, she's the only clone-type character wherein there exists any justification in the original game for her to be a clone-type. Why is Ganon a CF clone? Idk. Why is Falco a Fox clone? Idk. Why is Lucina a Marth clone? Well, she took the identity of Marth, she wields Falchion, and she learned swordplay from her father (suggests that swordplay may be passed down through generations), and more. Why is Lucas a Ness clone? Idk. Why is Roy (the son of Eliwood) a Marth clone? Idk.

Like, whatever PROBLEMS or differences that may arise from making Lucina a Marth clone, it, at least, is the only one that has any validity in the original game it comes from. Lucina is literally the only clone that makes a remote amount of sense in terms of the story of the game she hails from. No other clone makes sense remotely.

But <3 Tiki. <3 Lucina. <3 Fire Emblem. I look forward to your commission post!

Top Bottom