• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Awakening the Voice - Tiki for DLC! *Go to sleep...and wait... *

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Courtesy of @Arcanir

Another FE poll was conducted in Japan. Just look at the results.

Ike and Marth are at the top, but the interesting thing is Tiki managing to beat out all but 6 characters, and is the highest placed character who is not central to any game.

:231:
Still surprised how a character from the easiest and least well received Fire Emblem is getting so much popularity (Ephraim).

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Still surprised how a character from the easiest and least well received Fire Emblem is getting so much popularity (Ephraim).
I don't think Sacred Stones is the least well received in a series with Shadow Dragon. In fact I've usually seen Sacred Stones get a lot of praise around the internet, even if it is easy.

Kitsunebi

Smash Rookie
NNID
TenebrousFox
In light of the (amazing) Smashified K. Rool artwork being released, does anybody reckon we ought to request Tiki to receive the Smashified treatment as well?

It's a long shot, and I doubt the team would be interested in her over the many, many other character requests they get, but it may be worth mentioning it anyway. Who knows? The idea of a human / dragon combo may interest them enough to try it out~
Hello!
As a long time fan of Fire Emblem and especially Tiki, I definitely want to see her in smash as a playable fighter. I've actually gone and asked Smashified via Twitter to Smashify Tiki. And, though it probably doesn't really mean anything, they favorited my tweet... which gives me a little bit of hope. I think the characters that Smashified works on are all good representations of the Smash community's voice - and I feel that if we who would very much love to see Tiki in Smash were to speak up, her chances of actually appearing as a fighter would be that much greater.

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
Tiki is the best choice when a new Fire Emblem character is added. It's certainly a better idea than Anna. Choose Tiki as DLC character for SSB4!

Last edited:

Villager's_Mewtwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mewtwo12
3DS FC
0602-6514-9988
Courtesy of @Arcanir

Another FE poll was conducted in Japan. Just look at the results.

Ike and Marth are at the top, but the interesting thing is Tiki managing to beat out all but 6 characters, and is the highest placed character who is not central to any game.

Plus even if she is 7th on the list She's the top character who isn't in Smash atm (Since Marth, Ike, Lucina and Robin are playable, Lyn's an assist trophy and and Chrom's a final Smash) so it seems like she's got the best chances as far as Fire Emblem goes

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
Well, I may be one of the few people who did this, but I only used one vote on the character ballot. After months of deliberation, I decided that one vote would be Tiki last week! No regret on that decision. I can't speak for the likelihood of her appearance, but I'm all for it.

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
I do not think so. Tiki fans, use proxy sites to vote multiple times! So it is likely that Tiki will appear as DLC!

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
Bump, this could have more attention and posts as the Anna support threads have.

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
Tiki would probably a have a good chance if she played even a slightly more important role in Awakening. Nowi is probably used more in that game, simply because she comes earlier. (And has a child)

Plus, she has to now deal with Corrin which a bunch of people have already started suggesting, as he is the main character in Fates, and can also turn into a dragon.

Tiki is best tho

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
I do not think so. Tiki fans, use proxy sites to vote multiple times! So it is likely that Tiki will appear as DLC!
I'd rather not risk my only vote by pretty much cheating. It only makes the character look bad. Also, the ballot isn't a popularity contest.

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
This may sound like a really dumb question, but was it ever explicitly said that the actual winners of the ballot would definitely be chosen? Perhaps Sakurai and his team will simply choose from the higher end results (not necessarily the top ones), and pick the characters who have better potential move sets.

For example, if someone proxy voted freakin' Shrek a couple million times, and a couple other poor smash contenders followed him, isn't it more likely that 5th or 6th place would get the spot?

Perhaps I'm grasping for straws here, haha. I'd really only like characters that will bring an awesome experience to the game, while simultaneously being distinctly Nintendo to make it in. And I trust Sakurai and the team to do just that.

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Well, one thing that intrigued me when the ballot first started was the final question that has a 500 character limit of "Why should this character be a fighter?" If this was just a popularity vote then just putting the name of a character would've sufficed. The ballot is more of a suggestion box. Also, remember the votes for Roy and Lucas were pretty much wasted now.

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
I want a playable manakete in Sm4sh and Tiki is the most iconic manakete...

SAKURAI!!! Do it, please!

Last edited:

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
You know that I want Tiki, but I don't think some non-Fire Emblem fans would be too happy if she got in.

TheJukeBox

Smash Rookie
You know that I want Tiki, but I don't think some non-Fire Emblem fans would be too happy if she got in.
I'm not a fire emblem fan but Tiki seems cool, and she's more unique then most of the other reps for it.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Just a quick question for all the Tiki fans. If she were to be in Smash do you want her in her child form or her adult form? Personally I'd rather see her in her child form since the dragon loli is staple to the franchise.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I want Tiki, but there's Corrin. Unfortunately she doesn't half-shift like Corrin does so that kind of leaves here there...

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
Just a quick question for all the Tiki fans. If she were to be in Smash do you want her in her child form or her adult form? Personally I'd rather see her in her child form since the dragon loli is staple to the franchise.
Honestly, I'd be more than happy to see either form. I think I have a slight preference for the classic look though, as far as being in smash. The latest design would be more likely though, like most of the rest of the smash cast.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Only thing I dislike about her new design is her garters. Why garters?

I mean it's a Yusuke Kozaki thing, but why did he need to bring it Fire Emblem?

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
I want Tiki, but there's Corrin. Unfortunately she doesn't half-shift like Corrin does so that kind of leaves here there...
I prefer the young Tiki! She is so cute!

I do not think Corrin will be a playable character in Sm4sh. Because I do not think there will be added characters of games that will appear in the future.

Moreover Corrin will have a minor role in the Fire Emblem game series than Tiki. We already have an avatar, Robin.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm more familiar with the Awakening design, so I'd prefer that.

Troykv

Smash Master
I like more her Child form, is cute, has more legacy (this apperance appears in 5 games if you count the Awakening's Spotpass Characters), and looks less... provocative (Remember! Nintendo friendly)... I could like more her Adult form if her dress's cleavage was less revealing and throw away the ilogical garter straps... maybe also that her boots was a little bit different and extent her dress's lenght a little bit).

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
I hope that both versions of Tiki appear in this game , but it will really be a problem . Young Tiki is smaller and has larger eyes.

I do not think it's possible for different versions of Tiki with both other external features, into one slot. Other clothing is possible ( example : Wario ) but for other external characteristics (example: bigger eyes ) are required two slots (Link/Toon Link)

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
Today I voted three times on Tiki by using proxies.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Definitely the Awakening design. I'd be happy with either, of course.

I think it'd be possible for both to appear. If the model remains the same, aesthetic differences would be easy to address.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
She'd probably get the Roy treatment and get a blend of both classic and modern Tiki. Anyway, the whole transformation part is a no-no for Sakurai so I guess partial transformations...?

To those voting multiple times (cheating), are you people putting different answers in the third question at all?

Kitsunebi

Smash Rookie
NNID
TenebrousFox
Today I voted three times on Tiki by using proxies.
Hey, as a fellow fan of Tiki, I appreciate all the enthusiasm and effort you've been putting in to liken her chances of appearing in Smash. However, I personally do not condone the use of proxies to gain some sort of unfair edge over the competition (and similarly to what has been said before in this thread, I highly doubt the developers of Smash will choose new fighters based on how many votes one character has, anyway). You can do whatever it is you'd like to do, obviously; but if it involves underhanded methods, please keep that to yourself and don't go around publicly announcing that you're doing these things/PMing people to try and rally them to use proxies like you've been. The fact that proxies even "have" to be used... well, that in itself says a lot about what kind of chances, in reality, Tiki has of appearing in Smash as a playable fighter.
The bottom line is this: if she makes it like we would all love her too, that'd be freaking awesome! But, from the way I see it, the chances of her appearing in Smash, or getting another Fire Emblem representative at all, are pretty slim. And if she doesn't make it, it's something we will all have to accept.

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
She'd probably get the Roy treatment and get a blend of both classic and modern Tiki.
...How did this thought never cross my mind? That would be FANTASTIC. They could perhaps make a representation of what Tiki would have looked like between the Marth series and Awakening? (I hope someone far more artistically gifted than myself can make fan-art of this concept)

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
I am disappointed that Tiki will never win against Ridley / Inkling and Isaac. The more popular a character in the Sm4sh Ballot, the more likely they will try it.

So I feel obliged to "cheat" (see several posts over these posts).

Kitsunebi

Smash Rookie
NNID
TenebrousFox
I am disappointed that Tiki will never win against Ridley / Inkling and Isaac. The more popular a character in the Sm4sh Ballot, the more likely they will try it.

So I feel obliged to "cheat" (see several posts over these posts).
So be it. But consider this: there are Ridley, Inkling, and Isaac fans that outnumber Tiki fans many times over - and some of those fans also use proxies. Do you really think what you're doing here is going to help in comparison to that?
I think it would be more effective to simply tell others about the character... to show them this thread's first post and whatnot and try to convince them why Tiki would be an excellent addition in Smash as a playable fighter.

Top Bottom