• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Awakening the Voice - Tiki for DLC! *Go to sleep...and wait... *

J_the_Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J_the_Man24
I threw my vote in for Tiki. I had no idea who I wanted to vote for, but the OP had me convinced this was a good choice.

xamus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2294-4194-4683
Voted for Tiki. I loved her in FE:A. (I'd love a Nah alternate costume too!)

D

Deleted member

If it wasn't obvious enough I am planning to vote for Tiki as well.

:p

Burigu

Smash Ace
@ Wintropy Wintropy you should add a supporters list I failed to see one, in which case I would like to support her, also it's still unclear but Tiki's younger self seems to be in the new SMTxFE cross over here a video with vaguely conclusive evidence, which simply puts Tiki ahead of other FE manaketes

xamus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2294-4194-4683
Oh Tiki might actually have a better chance now! I went through a reddit poll results, too, and tiki was at 0.20%~ish, where a lot of characters were.

Add me to the supporter list, aswell! :)

D

Deleted member

Sure with it? I know that feeling that your fave won't get in but maybe you should had voted for Nah. Still it is good you went with Tiki.
As I said on the first page of the thread I would prefer Nah, but given that Tiki has been part of the series longer and is more prominent to the stories of the games she appears in (FE1/Shadow Dragon, Mystery of the Emblem, and Awakening) I felt that she had a much stronger chance than Nah since she would be more well known.

That and, if Tiki makes it (miraculously) there would be a chance (I think) that she would have a Nah alternate color since I'm banking on the fact that Tiki's color palettes would be based on the other Manaketes from FE (Nowi, Fae, Myyrh, Medeus, Nah, Ninian (technically), Bantu)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
@ Wintropy Wintropy you should add a supporters list I failed to see one, in which case I would like to support her, also it's still unclear but Tiki's younger self seems to be in the new SMTxFE cross over here a video with vaguely conclusive evidence, which simply puts Tiki ahead of other FE manaketes

There are two supporters lists: one in the (now broken) OP, and a longer, more recent one in the second post, now the new OP. Look for the big green header labeled "Supporters".

I'll add you to the list! And great catch, thanks for sharing with us!

Oh Tiki might actually have a better chance now! I went through a reddit poll results, too, and tiki was at 0.20%~ish, where a lot of characters were.

Add me to the supporter list, aswell! :)
I already added you to the list~ :3

Burigu

Smash Ace
There are two supporters lists: one in the (now broken) OP, and a longer, more recent one in the second post, now the new OP. Look for the big green header labeled "Supporters".

I'll add you to the list! And great catch, thanks for sharing with us!

I already added you to the list~ :3
You are right I don't understand how I missed this but I blame it was like 2 am when I posted that maybe I was too tired, well anyway glad I am actually there now, I am unsure if Tiki will get as many votes as some other characters, but I am willing to try anyway!

Villager's_Mewtwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mewtwo12
3DS FC
0602-6514-9988
Hopefully Tiki gets in the game :D She'd be an awesome character in Smash :D

D

Deleted member

Not enough of you have the giant Tiki for DLC banner that I have in my sig in yours.

ADD IT TO YOUR SIGNATURES.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Tiki seems like she'd offer quite an interesting and unique playstyle, not to mention she has a cool design. Count me in!

I really need to get into Fire Emblem. :v

xamus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2294-4194-4683
The Soulless One said:
Not enough of you have the giant Tiki for DLC banner that I have in my sig in yours.

ADD IT TO YOUR SIGNATURES.
Done.

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Odd, right now I am talking to a user at 4 chan who also wanted Nah but voted for someone else. Maybe if you 3 gather and do something like a campaign, you could get Nah to be noticed.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Odd, right now I am talking to a user at 4 chan who also wanted Nah but voted for someone else. Maybe if you 3 gather and do something like a campaign, you could get Nah to be noticed.
I'm with Soulless on this one. Nah is wonderful and all, but Tiki is the series' staple Manakete, and by far the most iconic. She'd represent the Manakete class in full, and since most Manaketes look the same when transformed (Fa and Myrrh are exceptions), it's a much for muchness deal.

And as Soulless said, she'd likely have a Nah palette swap anyway and possibly a full-on alt if we're really really good.

Actually, hey, @The Soulless One - supposing Tiki had a selection of Manakete alts (including a Nah alt) like Junior and the Koopalings, how would you react?

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
That SMTxFE trailer reminded me how much I adore Tiki :kirby: She's also not completely out of the picture unlike some FE character I know hehe.

Any idea on if "The site only counts one vote per IP" thing is real? I really would throw some votes for her if I still could :/

Villager's_Mewtwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mewtwo12
3DS FC
0602-6514-9988
That SMTxFE trailer reminded me how much I adore Tiki :kirby: She's also not completely out of the picture unlike some FE character I know hehe.

Any idea on if "The site only counts one vote per IP" thing is real? I really would throw some votes for her if I still could :/
You can vote on different systems to vote for different characters. I voted for Lana on my Laptop and Tiki on my phone :D Plus you can go on Google Incognito to vote too ^>^

D

Deleted member

I'm with Soulless on this one. Nah is wonderful and all, but Tiki is the series' staple Manakete, and by far the most iconic. She'd represent the Manakete class in full, and since most Manaketes look the same when transformed (Fa and Myrrh are exceptions), it's a much for muchness deal.

And as Soulless said, she'd likely have a Nah palette swap anyway and possibly a full-on alt if we're really really good.

Actually, hey, @The Soulless One - supposing Tiki had a selection of Manakete alts (including a Nah alt) like Junior and the Koopalings, how would you react?
Well to give y-

*Dead Soulless*

But seriously:

[collapse=KAWAII OVERLOAD]
27021301_m.jpg
Myrrh-Sweet.jpg

26502815.jpg
[/collapse]

I just couldn't.

Nah and Myyrh would literally kill me. ;_;

I envision Medeus would look similar to 'Dorf in a way, btw.

Villager's_Mewtwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mewtwo12
3DS FC
0602-6514-9988
Right click Google Chrome and there's an option which says "New Incognito Window" Do that and it should let you vote again, I've heard changing the country you're in on Smash Bros.com has the same effect too :D

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm curious now. If we do see Tiki in Smash, do you think she'll appear as younger Tiki from the first games or with her newer design from Awakening?

I prefer the Awakening design myself, but I'd be happy with either. I could see her younger design appearing as an alt, possibly even in a Robin-style "half and half" manner. Or maybe we'll be super lucky and get a Little Mac-style eight alts each for both designs...~

Villager's_Mewtwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mewtwo12
3DS FC
0602-6514-9988
I'm curious now. If we do see Tiki in Smash, do you think she'll appear as younger Tiki from the first games or with her newer design from Awakening?

I prefer the Awakening design myself, but I'd be happy with either. I could see her younger design appearing as an alt, possibly even in a Robin-style "half and half" manner. Or maybe we'll be super lucky and get a Little Mac-style eight alts each for both designs...~
I think if Tiki got into Smash she'd use her Awakening design for her main outfit and 1 other Alt, Young Tiki will be her 3rd and 4th alt, Nowi would be her 5th and 6th alt and Nah would be her 7th and 8th alt

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think if Tiki got into Smash she'd use her Awakening design for her main outfit and 1 other Alt, Young Tiki will be her 3rd and 4th alt, Nowi would be her 5th and 6th alt and Nah would be her 7th and 8th alt
I'd be expected Manakete-flavoured palette swaps at most, possibly with a Young!Tiki alt for good measure.

Character alts would be...oh wow. <3

Villager's_Mewtwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mewtwo12
3DS FC
0602-6514-9988
I'd be expected Manakete-flavoured palette swaps at most, possibly with a Young!Tiki alt for good measure.

Character alts would be...oh wow. <3
It's a pretty good possibility since those 2 characters have quite a lot of fans too :D And they've done character alts before with the Koopalings so it would be a missed opportunity if they didn't do it with Tiki too :D

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It's so great to see this thread back up and active again. We're a small community, to be sure, but we're a good one nevertheless~ :3

To keep the ball rollin' and spread awareness of Tiki, I think we ought to come up with a campaign slogan. I'm not expecting Tiki to suddenly become a huge thing overnight or for Sakurai to drop everything and add her, but recent developments (FE14's announcement, Tiki appearing in SMT X FE) suggest that things are looking great for our draconic damsel. If we can get the word out there and show Nintendo that we love and support Fire Emblem as a whole, not just Tiki, I think we can go a long way to getting our voices heard and seeing her appear in future titles!

Anybody got any suggestions? A witty catchphrase would be a good place to start, and possibly we could get involved with other communities to raise awareness of our cause.

Villager's_Mewtwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mewtwo12
3DS FC
0602-6514-9988
It's so great to see this thread back up and active again. We're a small community, to be sure, but we're a good one nevertheless~ :3

To keep the ball rollin' and spread awareness of Tiki, I think we ought to come up with a campaign slogan. I'm not expecting Tiki to suddenly become a huge thing overnight or for Sakurai to drop everything and add her, but recent developments (FE14's announcement, Tiki appearing in SMT X FE) suggest that things are looking great for our draconic damsel. If we can get the word out there and show Nintendo that we love and support Fire Emblem as a whole, not just Tiki, I think we can go a long way to getting our voices heard and seeing her appear in future titles!

Anybody got any suggestions? A witty catchphrase would be a good place to start, and possibly we could get involved with other communities to raise awareness of our cause.
I like the concept that was used as on of the splash plates how Tiki "Awakens" and the concept you wrote as the title of the thread about 'Lending your voice and shouting to the heavens" Other then them Idk what else would be good though :/

xamus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2294-4194-4683
Neither do I, unfortunately. I've never had to even try and advertise something like this lol. :laugh:. I'd say having banners and signatures, is a good start. Maybe a reddit thread on the ssb and FE sub reddits? I can't really think of anything else. :(

Last edited:

Villager's_Mewtwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mewtwo12
3DS FC
0602-6514-9988
How about we have a huge Smash Tournament and we all put 1 of our taunts as #VoteForTiki?

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Oh lookie~ :3

:4pit: Lady Palutena, this lady's giving me a weird vibe. Who is she?

:4palutena: That's Tiki, servant of the Divine Dragon, Naga. She was once the princess of the Divine Dragon tribe, and she was a vital ally of the Hero-King Marth way back when. Centuries later, she's still going strong, and she's even crossed passed with the Hero-King's descendants along the way!

:4pit: Oh, neat. Wait...centuries?!

:4palutena: That's right! As a Divine Dragon, Tiki is immortal, and it's her job to discern the word of Naga and impart it unto the mortal world.

:4pit: Whoah, we're getting into "unto" territory. So she serves a goddess too, huh?

:4palutena: Precisely. Tiki is the avatar and mouthpiece of Naga, hence her title, "Voice of Naga". Owing to her Manakete heritage, she can use the mystical Dragonstone to unleash her true power as a Divine Dragon. In this form, she can breathe holy flames blessed by Naga herself, and she's even got powerful claws that'll do some serious damage. She may look dainty, but she's no pushover!

:4pit: Huh, and I thought priests were supposed to be peaceful. She must've been asleep for a long time, though - I'll bet she's almost as old as you, Lady Palutena!

:4palutena: ...

:4pit: That...that was a joke! Ha ha! It's okay to laugh! Uh...Lady Palutena?

:4palutena: Y'know what, Pit? Since you're so smart, maybe you should figure this one out for yourself.

:4pit: Wait, what?! N-no! I was just kidding! Lady Palutena?!

:4palutena: Sorry, Pit, can't hear you! Dear me, I must be going deaf in my old age!

:4pit: I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY! LADY PALUTEEEENAAAA!

Villager's_Mewtwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mewtwo12
3DS FC
0602-6514-9988
Oh lookie~ :3

:4pit: Lady Palutena, this lady's giving me a weird vibe. Who is she?

:4palutena: That's Tiki, servant of the Divine Dragon, Naga. She was once the princess of the Divine Dragon tribe, and she was a vital ally of the Hero-King Marth way back when. Centuries later, she's still going strong, and she's even crossed passed with the Hero-King's descendants along the way!

:4pit: Oh, neat. Wait...centuries?!

:4palutena: That's right! As a Divine Dragon, Tiki is immortal, and it's her job to discern the word of Naga and impart it unto the mortal world.

:4pit: Whoah, we're getting into "unto" territory. So she serves a goddess too, huh?

:4palutena: Precisely. Tiki is the avatar and mouthpiece of Naga, hence her title, "Voice of Naga". Owing to her Manakete heritage, she can use the mystical Dragonstone to unleash her true power as a Divine Dragon. In this form, she can breathe holy flames blessed by Naga herself, and she's even got powerful claws that'll do some serious damage. She may look dainty, but she's no pushover!

:4pit: Huh, and I thought priests were supposed to be peaceful. She must've been asleep for a long time, though - I'll bet she's almost as old as you, Lady Palutena!

:4palutena: ...

:4pit: That...that was a joke! Ha ha! It's okay to laugh! Uh...Lady Palutena?

:4palutena: Y'know what, Pit? Since you're so smart, maybe you should figure this one out for yourself.

:4pit: Wait, what?! N-no! I was just kidding! Lady Palutena?!

:4palutena: Sorry, Pit, can't hear you! Dear me, I must be going deaf in my old age!

:4pit: I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY! LADY PALUTEEEENAAAA!
This is reason enough to include Tiki in Smash XD

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Add me to the support list @ Wintropy Wintropy !
Tiki is like one of my favorite characters of all time~

Troykv

Smash Master
I have a question!

Could the Tiki's attire be considered "sexually suggestive"?

both (original and awakening) are very short dresses, the Awakening one has notable cleavage, visible back, heart things and garter things.

Last edited:

Villager's_Mewtwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mewtwo12
3DS FC
0602-6514-9988
I have a question!

both (original and awakening) are very short dresses, the Awakening one has notable cleavage, visible back, heart things and garter things.
If Shulk can be half naked then Tiki can wear her awakening clothes XD

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Thanks for the support, everybody! I'll add you right away! :3

I have a question!

Nah, not at all. Nothin' wrong with showing a bit of skin~ ;3

Seriously, though, I don't think it's an issue. She already appears in the game as a trophy, exposed cleavage and all, and her exposed back and garters are just part of her attire. The short skirt I will admit is a bit more problematic (Smash is a family-friendly game and Sakurai doesn't like pantyshots), but I'm sure they could do what they did with her trophy: you can look up her skirt, but there's just a black void underneath it, as with Peach's dress. Even if we're going by Classic!Tiki, I highly doubt it's an issue. There's nothing at all suggestive about her younger self: even the short skirt is just an aesthetic detail, it's not like you can actually see up her skirt or anything.

If she actually stripped off as part of her moveset (lookin' at you, Bayonetta) or had DoA-style jiggle physics, I'd say it's a bit more problematic. She doesn't, though, and I doubt a bit of cleavage or thigh is going to upset people.

And let's not forget other trophies and characters of a similarly provocative nature: Cordelia likewise has a very short skirt and garters (granted, it's obscured by her Pegasus mount), half of Medusa's chest is exposed at the side, Phosphora wears a tank-top and booty shorts and, as previously mentioned, Shulk walks around totally shirtless and wearing nothing but a pair of swim trunks and crocs. And let's not forget how Zero Suit Samus pushes the boat on what's acceptable. Even if she doesn't outright show any skin, her suit leaves nothing to the imagination, and her sultry poses and taunts aren't exactly subtle.

Long story short, if that's okay in an E-rated game, I don't see why Tiki's chest and thighs would be an issue.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I support Tiki by the way, even though I highly prefer Kamui now.
By the way, I have a quick question, does anyone have any idea who the characters in the SMT X FE crossover, literally the only one I could recognize was Tiki. And I'm not sure if the main character that was shown is Lucina.

Top Bottom