• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Auto Cancel Desync

TxZero

Smash Cadet
So I've been messing with Rosalina for the last few days since the American release, and I've noticed a interesting quirk with the character

If you do an aerial extremely close to the ground, the move will auto cancel before anything actually happens, what this does is make Luma take an input as if Rosalina was doing an aerial, which makes Luma do an aerial. The thing about this is that Rosalina is free to act while Luma is attacking, causing a desync of sorts.

Nair has a huge auto cancel window, and also some of the most active frames of Luma's aerials. I'm still playing around with the application of this, but I can see potential for this tech when it's explored deeper.

-Zeroic

Great_Shell

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2595-0705-3507
Another thing I've seen is this youtube.com/watch?v=f9yBleSGOMY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

A common thing I see now is people jumping over Luma and rushing so to counter this I recall, jump backwards and Nair. I've sideswiped with Luma like once like that, it's hard to time with Mofos on your grill.

I'm too new to post links. =(

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Found the same thing earlier today and it's pretty awesome. The possibilities with Nair and Fair are really good. You can do it with Bair and Dair too, Dair's window is small though. Uair has some use too dispite having landing lag and not having a AC window at the beginning.

TxZero

Smash Cadet
Yeah Great_Shell I noticed that, you just call Luma and use an attack while he's flying, you can actually do the same thing with charged smashes if you call Luma to you on the ground

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Yep, thats the only reason i play with tap jump off, making you able to pressure with lumas upair with a low commitment.

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
A little mixup (if you want to call it that) that i use is when im landing, do a nair as you land so that rosa does not do the animation (make sure you are facing away from your opponent) from here you can block or w/e. a lot of people want to punish your landing, so they end up getting hit by the 2nd hit of luma, which hits the opponent infront of you. At low percents you can grab off of it, or if your reaction time is good at higher percents you can land an upsmash to kill.

I think stuff like this will be the closest rosa gets to actuall desynchs. really cool stuff.

Top Bottom