• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

CATS

Smash Journeyman
mic owned seb.

the new top smasher while shaz is gone is plasia, it's official... and i'm sure we all know the difference between playing a game on a LAN and playing a game across the net. smashmeets will not die!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Though we'd have to have synchronised smashmeets for some interstate fun :p

CATS

Smash Journeyman
lol mic, i can see how that'd go
"omg ryan not that grate, he just beet me cos of lag roflol if you vsed me propr you wood lose coz im lyk altimet kthxbye!"

until everyone can get a latency of under 20ms i think we'll all still go somewhere and meet up to play smash. including to vs interstate people too cause sif we're ever gonna have no lag.

freddo

Smash Journeyman
You gotta fix me CATS? I don't know if I should be scared or excited...

To answer the question that's burning in all of your minds - I will take over as best smasher in Melbourne for the time being.

Reasons: CATS lost 4 matches+ more in a row against me, I beat Em and I beat Shaz twice in a row in fox dittos (ask Mikul).

However! No matter who I beat or can beat, Plasia always beats me with manliness. All hail Plasia as new smash leader.

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
You gotta fix me CATS? I don't know if I should be scared or excited...

To answer the question that's burning in all of your minds - I will take over as best smasher in Melbourne for the time being.

Reasons: CATS lost 4 matches+ more in a row against me, I beat Em and I beat Shaz twice in a row in fox dittos (ask Mikul).

However! No matter who I beat or can beat, Plasia always beats me with manliness. All hail Plasia as new smash leader.
In this case freddo I want to be second in command,lol. It's true, shaz had a moment of "smash suckage" during the night. Freddo did a lot of winning.

As for this week I can't make it as I have other plans scheduled. However I should be able to host next weekend with my mum's blessing. oh and I have a mobile now to. The number is 041116854.

freddo

Smash Journeyman
Hey Adam: IF I was to host a meet. It would most likely be like Shaz's - Friday through to Saturday. That time for me is perfect. If you guys were to sleep over through Sunday I would have to kick you out early. Unless, you guys are happy with coming over EARLY Saturday and leaving late Saturday night (when the last train leaves)?

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
NNoooooo, **** work, well if you do host Freddo I will see if I can swap a shift with one of the other bakers who works on the Sunday, but you have to give me plenty of heads up please.
Also I have lost my cover for Mario Kart DS and I think it has a GBA game in it, it will be ether Sword of Mana or Pokemon Leaf Green (I cant find those too) so if anyone whos house I have been to in the past couple months please keep an eye out for it ?.
Thanks.

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
LOL wtf...? I didnt expect a life story shaz hahaha... Anyway, my point was that' some people only play to beat others but dont actually enjoy it. I wasnt surposed to insult, attack or (yeah I knew it would) offend anyone. You just have to look at the underlineing message of my post and draw the positive out of it :p

And shut up lol! If my post wasnt half true you wouldnt take it so personally, sinkage.

So then If your post was not half true and you aknowlege that, then what was the point of posting?

Seems to me it's a sad attempt to get a reaction, especially after you said you dont care about people's replies as you stated you wont be reading them.

Which is funny seing you posted several times after and will proberly continue to do so. Which is partly our fault for even replying to your post in the first place.

But in regards to your point about people playing to be better then someone else.

I'm a bit suprised people are allready applying for the positions of best and second best smasher in melbourne, I dont doubt the claims but I feel everyone brings something to the smash scene be it a character they play well or a role they represent when showing up at a meet. In my eyes cats may not win a majority of matches but he still wins with characters such as pickachu, and that like many other factors makes up a good smasher.

That and turning up to meets and being a good person to others, be it the humour you bring or just being there. Thanks to people like freddo I feel like I play smash for a different reason now besides wanting to just win, And I think all the proof I need is just stating I play mewtwo in serious matches.

Anyway, if anyone is doing anything smash related let me know, I'd like to come.

freddo

Smash Journeyman
Hey Mark. I'm not gonna take on the 'role' as 'King' of smash. When you think about it, Shaz is still better than all of us no matter where he is. I don't want to forget about Shaz nor do I want to replace him. I think maybe this is getting a bit over the top. There is no replacement, Shaz is gone for less than a month, boo hoo, lets just smash.

I just wanted to let you know that, Mark. I didn't want you to think that I was elevating myself to any sort of different position. No one really is, just all fun and games. We'll get some smash organised soon. I'm out of it for a bit at the moment. Uni is starting to heat up and it's giving me a few things to do.

All Dudes: Like Adam, I've also misplaced one of my games. New Super Mario Bros DS. If anyone's got it or knows anything, let me know yeah?? Catch.

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
Hey Mark. I'm not gonna take on the 'role' as 'King' of smash. When you think about it, Shaz is still better than all of us no matter where he is. I don't want to forget about Shaz nor do I want to replace him. I think maybe this is getting a bit over the top. There is no replacement, Shaz is gone for less than a month, boo hoo, lets just smash.

I just wanted to let you know that, Mark. I didn't want you to think that I was elevating myself to any sort of different position. No one really is, just all fun and games. We'll get some smash organised soon. I'm out of it for a bit at the moment. Uni is starting to heat up and it's giving me a few things to do.

All Dudes: Like Adam, I've also misplaced one of my games. New Super Mario Bros DS. If anyone's got it or knows anything, let me know yeah?? Catch.
Nah, I wasnt having a go at you guys
Was more interested in using it as a point directed to sebastion, and it was a good source to go by to get my point across to him.

I lost my wallet again, so if any one has seen it let me know.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Shaz, Captain Jack, and a myriad of other smashers are currently circling LAX because of terrorists.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Not because of something currently going on I hope, you mean the aftereffects of the British attempt right?

RANDOM

Smash Cadet
Hey hey everybody I have not posted here for awhile the reason I am posting now is because yesterday I was coming home from the city and I open the Mx to see this face

At first I thought there was a guy out there that looked just like shaz then I realized it was shaz.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
AAAAAAHAHAHAHHA! CUUUUUUUUUTTTTEEEE! That's too good. Hopefully Shaz gets out of LAX soon.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
This is Shaz:
Hey guys I'm good and yeah I was obviously in the MX. I had to wait in lines for ages and get rid of stuff...like liquids, pens etc. Had to take off my shoes like a hundred times and stuff. Umm otherwise I vote the best smasher in Vic in my abscence would beeeee.....Em! Reason? She beat Freddo and he had all those achievements.....go figure.
KO is good he isnt being a jerk and he is still oh so cuuuutte Anf ure missing out lol. Catch you all later my manchilds!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yup, Shaz is here at my house with KillaOR, Cort, and Noobking. Shaz hasn't beaten me in a single match yet, but they are friendlies so it doesn't matter.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Laugh out loud Shaz, you got your mug in MX, I'm proud of you (then again who isnt ?).
So who is going to host next week ?, Gloth if you read this are you able to put up with us for a weekend ?. I believe Mikul is hosting week after or is it next week ?, lol I cant remember.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
That part where Kentaross walks in and the Woman guitar lick starts has made me want to go to 0C2 more than anything else. I wish I could =[.

Nick_

Smash Apprentice
Shaz looks stoned in that pic lol.

that doc and gannon was scary good lol.

Cao please get plenty of vids of shaz playing, since im sure we'll all love to see him in action.

Edit: This is for Forblaze, thanks for taping wolfmother for me and a very drunk Colleen said " you have a pretty shirt" lol.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hey all Shaz here. SO far the only vid of me is getting 4 stocked by Kens G&W LOL!Umm yeah best photo ever really. Ken is lame...well his Marth...its like way harder than his G&W so ....GW = broken. Umm KO is gay he hasnt beaten me every math but he is very good...he talks crap all the time I taught him well.Yes me not America. Umm yeah Killaor is loud andcool and Mark M2K is like.....like.....a sleepy noob. Forblaze BombSoldier isntcoming so ;P.Adam your manliness never ceases to amazeme. Keep up thesmashing guys:0 Organise something for me when I get back!
PS: KO <3 Anf.

jazblack009

Smash Ace
wtf shaz a 4stocking G&W? and KO is this true you have lost a bit aswell?
the contreversy of OC2 O.o
Zomg forblaze BS won't be there T_T there goes your chance of a signature :p

don't lose hope shaz :p

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Shaz looks stoned in that pic lol.

that doc and gannon was scary good lol.

Cao please get plenty of vids of shaz playing, since im sure we'll all love to see him in action.

Edit: This is for Forblaze, thanks for taping wolfmother for me and a very drunk Colleen said " you have a pretty shirt" lol.
Tell Colleen it'd look better on her bedroom floor.

N2K6

Smash Apprentice
The first of many of my 0C2 updates, cheerio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hPjKCAM4vg

Wait Wait Wait.......let me get this straight. I get &!tch at by advertising my tourney in different regions and I see that your here in the australian thread with something of OC2 that is in California, USA? Your a hypocrite. if you are going to OC2 my predictions is that you wont place higher than me in Singles, Hypo.

jazblack009

Smash Ace
Wait Wait Wait.......let me get this straight. I get &!tch at by advertising my tourney in different regions and I see that your here in the australian thread with something of OC2 that is in California, USA? Your a hypocrite. if you are going to OC2 my predictions is that you wont place higher than me in Singles, Hypo.
hey an outsider :)
yeh but cao is australian and our only source of info for OC2
btw you just talked about it here aswell and advertised a challenge and prediction OC2 related soo... lets just all bend the rules here XD

oh and welcome to the Oz smash thread ^_^

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer

This isn't an advertisement, this is a relay of info back to my home in Australia. My friends what to know what's going on and we stick to our own home threads - you dont see me spamming this in a dozen sites tellling everyone "GO TO 0C2" now do you? 0C2 isn't just Californian, it is a worldwide tournament - since I'm running it as an 0C2 staff member, I made the video, and Australians are already there for the tournament. Noone is complaining because it would be stupid. You'll hear talk about 0C2 in many different threads because the event is that that big and important.

LOL

So, yes. You get &!tch at by advertising in about 20 regional threads and I don't get &!tch at posting in an Australian thread because I'm Australian.

Way to go, LOL. See you at 0C2.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
N2K6 = trying to stand in quicksand here...there's no footingthereman so just relax :p.
LOL Kens broken...like hes to the smashscene what Peach is to smash.

N2K6

Smash Apprentice
hey an outsider :)
yeh but cao is australian and our only source of info for OC2
btw you just talked about it here aswell and advertised a challenge and prediction OC2 related soo... lets just all bend the rules here XD

oh and welcome to the Oz smash thread ^_^

Caotic: This isn't an advertisement, this is a relay of info back to my home in Australia. My friends what to know what's going on and we stick to our own home threads - you dont see me spamming this in a dozen sites tellling everyone "GO TO 0C2" now do you? 0C2 isn't just Californian, it is a worldwide tournament - since I'm running it as an 0C2 staff member, I made the video, and Australians are already there for the tournament. Noone is complaining because it would be stupid. You'll hear talk about 0C2 in many different threads because the event is that that big and important.

LOL

So, yes. You get &!tch at by advertising in about 20 regional threads and I don't get &!tch at posting in an Australian thread because I'm Australian.

Way to go, LOL. See you at 0C2.
I did exactly what he did but got &!tch at from 50+ smashers. To matters worst he was one of the 50+ and threaten me in a PM. He does it and its cool. You say its the only way to get info about 0C2? Is the OC2 Thread not in Sticky status? You mean to tell me you are incapable to go to the tournament discussion and find OC2 in the sticky? Do you know how smart your excuse sounds?

Caotic- Relay is still advertisement in 3rd party form. Dont sugarcoat it. As far as a tourney being world wide or not, If in my tourney I got atleast 2 to 3 different smashers from different parts of the world wouldnt that make my tourney worldwide? My tourney is world wide because I dont limit to who cant come by color or race. It's your tourney because you are part of a staff. I run my own tourney and had funding from the police department. It makes no difference if your australian or not you are still breaking rules by post in a different region. I did all the basic things you did. The only difference in the outcome is I got &!tch...you didn't. Money Match me. You name price. Or are you going to punk out?

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Laugh out loud Shaz, you got your mug in MX, I'm proud of you (then again who isnt ?).
So who is going to host next week ?, Gloth if you read this are you able to put up with us for a weekend ?. I believe Mikul is hosting week after or is it next week ?, lol I cant remember.
Yeh Adam, I'm going to be hosting this weekend. It starts at 10:30, you can stay overnight (But there might be a limit to who stays overnight). I'll have food and drink too. I want as many people as possible to come on down and hang out with geelong's greatest smasher. message me on 0411116854 if you want overnighter status, as I can't say that everyone can stay the night. Freddo, Anf, jon, Cats, who guys had better come on down...

jazblack009

Smash Ace
I did exactly what he did but got &!tch at from 50+ smashers. To matters worst he was one of the 50+ and threaten me in a PM. He does it and its cool. You say its the only way to get info about 0C2? Is the OC2 Thread not in Sticky status? You mean to tell me you are incapable to go to the tournament discussion and find OC2 in the sticky? Do you know how smart your excuse sounds?
lol so much pride in video games, well hey you give me a link to this OC2 stickied thread that shows me links of updates via vids and i'll go. seeing as i'm incapable and all :p and cao had a good point, he's just relaying stuff back to Oz so i don't even know why there's a problem.

smart? do you know how stupid this whole argument sounds? 50+ smashers don't like you or want to stamp there authority on you because they think they are better for whatever reason being the enforcers of a forum law. Then you follow in thier footsteps by coming here and complaning about something non relavant to the usual spam on the australian smash thread when you could have sent your own nasty PM and threatened cao in return?

if your really annoyed about it tell a Admin? telling all of us isn't going to do anything

Sloth

Smash Ace
Ever think we enjoy hearing the updates from our Australian friends? :)
I'm guessing the reason people got mad with you was because they didn't want to hear that info, therefore it was just spam? I am just going out on a limb saying that.
But in the end I don't care.

Shaz don't be a woman, put on the beanie and beat Ken! ^_^

Top Bottom