• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aussie E3 09

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
So what do you guys think? Microsoft had a killer show? EA showing barely any new Mass Effect 2 footage? Bets on Ninty's ability to out-casual Ubisoft?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm just relieved E3 has finally returned to it's former glory. I'll be sure to hit up E3 in 2010 or 2011 now - the best event I've ever attended in the world.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh god Nintendo.

Metroid was a nice surprise to an otherwise fail conference (if I plug my ears and try and forget Samus has voice acting v.v)

"First time mario is 4 player" Evidently Nintendo's forgotten the Mario Bros on GBA? And why in the hell use FREAKING TOADS instead of the Wa- Brothers. Waluigi could actually have been in a game!

And thanks Iwata. You introduced the world to the most usless adon EVER.

Kind of surprised that shiggy wasn't there, but then again, I know I wouldn't want to be there.

unreon

Smash Ace
I have to say that Metroid looked insanely dull. Asides from the Mother Brain cameo (which was FAWESOME) the entire look screams of typical Team Ninja art. Meaning having the most generic, boring enemy design I've ever seen.

[Hi, I'm a purple blob with several eyes, whoopie doooooo]

Metroid Prime was a blessing, Other M is nothing but fanfic metroid pron.

But then SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2 ooooooooooooooooooooooooh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy gooooooooooood the sequel to the best game ever made, and it looks even more varied. Holy crap. I cannot wait.

And then The Last Guardian with its updated trailer made me cream once again. I'm going to cry when that thing dies. And I know it will. And I'd be emo for about a year. Ueda is magic.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
But then SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2 ooooooooooooooooooooooooh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy gooooooooooood the sequel to the best game ever made, and it looks even more varied. Holy crap. I cannot wait.

According to Fils-Aime, this one's for the more hardcore of Nintendo fans, rather than the casual audience that the first Galaxy targeted. This one's supposed to be a challenge, which is wonderful to me. Only one star was difficult for me to get in Galaxy 1, and it wasn't enough. ;___;

As for Metroid, I doubt they'd screw it up, though I'm sure it will take away the exploration part of what made the series so great. Still, I'm happy with trying new things, Team Ninja hasn't really done much wrong before when it comes to the action.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Nintendo's said that "90% of SMg2 is new content" the rest being old planets with new objectives. :/

unreon

Smash Ace
This one's supposed to be a challenge, which is wonderful to me. Only one star was difficult for me to get in Galaxy 1, and it wasn't enough. ;___;

As for Metroid, I doubt they'd screw it up, though I'm sure it will take away the exploration part of what made the series so great. Still, I'm happy with trying new things, Team Ninja hasn't really done much wrong before when it comes to the action.
Don't care about 'challenges'. None of the stars in the first were any difficult, they were simply a blast to enjoy.

Have you seen the trailer? It is alot of lasers and explosions and horrid CG and cheesy dialogue. Doesn't seem much for exploration either. No influences of Prime or Super Metroid in there at all. It's a 2.5D linear romp through the levels, where it be running past bats, running towards the screen (a-la Crash Bandicoot), coated in a dingy and soulless spaceship - watch carefully at how many grey steel corridors there are.

Only redeeming factor was that lava area, which was quite dynamic.

Team Ninja has a track record of making sub-par games, with the exception of Ninja Gaiden. And no Itagaki, I believe.

Other M is going to be terrrrrible. Oh look, its a displaced "MOther", who is obviously that scientist at the end.

LOL, why am I so angry at this game? I have no idea ._.

PS: WOOT GALAXY. I JUST WANT MORE HAPPY :DDDD

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Nintendo's said that "90% of SMg2 is new content" the rest being old planets with new objectives. :/
nintendo would include the physical disk, instruction booklet and menu screen as new content

probably all the old planers with new objectives, and like 1 new planet with yoshi

nintendo really are pathetic

unreon

Smash Ace
And why in the hell use FREAKING TOADS instead of the Wa- Brothers. Waluigi could actually have been in a game!
Wa-brothers are ugly and would dirty the game.

Something to think about: Toads could use mushrooms and powerups this whole time? Why don't they just send the Toad army to save Peach? What makes the brothers "Super"? How come Bowser isn't reverse engineering the mushrooms for his goomba army?

I'm so very confused...

Toby.

Smash Master
Have you seen the trailer? It is alot of lasers and explosions and horrid CG and cheesy dialogue. Doesn't seem much for exploration either. No influences of Prime or Super Metroid in there at all. It's a 2.5D linear romp through the levels, where it be running past bats, running towards the screen (a-la Crash Bandicoot), coated in a dingy and soulless spaceship - watch carefully at how many grey steel corridors there are.

Only redeeming factor was that lava area, which was quite dynamic.

Team Ninja has a track record of making sub-par games, with the exception of Ninja Gaiden. And no Itagaki, I believe.

Other M is going to be terrrrrible. Oh look, its a displaced "MOther", who is obviously that scientist at the end.
I agree with this.

They are missing the entire point of the metroid series.

Makes me sad, because metroid is <3

And of course mario galaxy 2 will be wonderful.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Here's that concept art of the new Zelda

Note the absence of a blade? Popular theory is that the girl is the Master Sword.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Already knew about it, but... right-handed Link AGAIN? FUUUUUUUUCK. Why you do that, Nintendo, why? Also that girl reminds me of something (from Zelda), just can't put my finger on it. :/

New Metroid is going to be love.

Also, new Mario Galaxy, on Wii? Two core Mario games in one generation, that's new...

Overall not an excellent E3, but Nintendo definitely redeems themselves for last year's abysmal performance.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Aww yeah. The Legend of Zelda AND Golden Sun DS. Man, I'm such a sucker for these types of games.

Hmm, I doubt that girl would be the Master Sword. It would seem a bit weird to suddenly bring that out without any connection to the previous games.

unreon

Smash Ace
Already knew about it, but... right-handed Link AGAIN? FUUUUUUUUCK. Why you do that, Nintendo, why?

Also that girl reminds me of something (from Zelda), just can't put my finger on it. :/

New Metroid is going to be love.

Also, new Mario Galaxy, on Wii? Two core Mario games in one generation, that's new...

Overall not an excellent E3, but Nintendo definitely redeems themselves for last year's abysmal performance.
How can anyone be anymore wrong? Metroid looks awful and you're not jizzing over Mario Galaxy.

That girl reminds me of a Zora.

And chill on the nerd-rage fella. You're seriously going to nitpick the fact that Link is right handed now? Seriously? @mic, I suspect that the girl could be a shapeshifter-like thing and replace all your items. Link looks very adult in this one, no more fresh-faced hero here O_O

And this has been a great E3. We got to see Metal Gear Raiden, Brutal Legend, God of War 3, GT5, Sin and Punishment 2, BIOSHOCK 2, halo reach and odst (wtf does that even stand for), Crysis 2, L4D, Final Fantasy 14, Jade Raymond 2, Crackdown 2, THE LAST GUARDIAN, Infinity Ward...the next adventures of Nathan Drake, Heavy Rain, Bioware Doctors, NATAL, that sony wand thing... you missed all that? How long were you in the toilet?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I think you took my post a little too seriously, it wasn't meant to be omg srs bsns, just a neat IMO of (Nintendo's) E3. Jeez, sorry I don't share your opinion.

I'm not really raging at Link's right-handedness. I'm more taken aback as a Zelda fan, since Link has traditionally been a left-handed hero. (Probably didn't use the right words to show it, though.) tbh I don't think "motion controls" are really an excuse; TP Wii worked fine playing left-handed. But yeah, sorry I'm actually a Zelda fan and care about the little details. >.>

I don't agree or disagree about the new Metroid's Metroid-ness. I'll judge that later when, y'know, people have actually played it; I don't think one initial teaser is enough to judge it on. But is it so wrong of me to be even a little excited because Metroid has a stunning new look?

Mario Galaxy 2... yeah, it looks sweet and all, but what is there to **** over? More of the same? I loved Galaxy, it was an amazingly fun game, and I am sure Galaxy 2 will be even more amazing and fun, but it's not like there's any major change to the formula, or even changes in general that we know of aside from the obvious. Even if it looks great, I don't see much of a reason to be THAT excited about it. And my comment on it wasn't even negative, just surprised, sorry I'm not quite as OMG AWESOMELY PUMPED about it as you are. >.>

And er, I meant it wasn't an excellent E3 in terms of Nintendo (I thought that was obvious since I mentioned Nintendo right after, but I guess not). I'm actually quite impressed with Microsoft and Sony, particularly Microsoft (Natal <3).

It's not about being right or wrong. People aren't always going to agree with your OPINION, get over yourself.

Dekar - It's debateable whether there is actually an (official) Zelda timeline, but the games definitely do link up.

I realised what I reminded of, it was the Queen Fairy from TWW. I'm doubting the girl is a sword or any other item/s (but especially a sword), purely because that would be waaay too obvious for an initial piece of artwork. Also Link is definitely an adult now, it has been confirmed in an interview.

Silfa

Smash Ace

This swayed me a bit towards the Master Sword theory. Some of the things seem very similar.

An addition to the theory that I've seen, is that the game might follow the creation of the Master Sword, which would explain why she otherwise randomly came out of no where.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Metroid, while far from realistic like Prime's were, looks more like a 3D Super Metroid. Plus, it is really early.

DIT: And she looks a lot like the Fairy Queen from Windwaker

Top Bottom