• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura's Monthlies: on hiatus

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Results:

Brawl

1-Joker (2-1) vs me, only game lost
2-Me
3-Jarrell (lost to top players)
4-Smeesh (beat Gamegenie)
5-Gamegenie
6-Wang
7-HotCarl- (beat NOM)
8-NOM
9-Echo (forefitted majority of matches)
10-Aura

MK9
1-HQYZ
2-Echo
3-JBM
4-MK Mike
5-Lily Gatocat
6-Gamegenie
7-Tyler
8-Smeesh

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
MK was the main game everyone was playing here. We would of played Marvel but no one brought it, all in all this was a MK monthly not a brawl monthly.

Echo

Smash Champion
MK is infinitely better than Marvel.

I said I conceded my brawl match to Aura as well, why is he below me? Lol

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
^ not a chance. Game is simply too easy.

Mk is really good/fun don't get me wrong, but athleticism(tech skill) + playing smart is tougher and more enjoyable than just 30% combos that.

I do appreciate the timing involved in mk though.

Uli

Smash Champion
JBM where were you! me and joker played marvel till 6 am.
i just watched the MK stream. it was pretty neat

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I watched all the stream, MK finals were terrible, Noel Brown didn't deserve to be in top 3 for marvel, Justin is a troll, Nerd Josh is still THE MAN, and marvel and MK "high-level play" are both disappointing yet again.

HQYZ

Smash Apprentice
I started a long post about Marvel and MK. Then I realized that's pointless.

Don't expect high level play for at least a year.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Event 52 is this weekend

How many Megaman setups can I put you guys down for / how big is the bracket going to be?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I started a long post about Marvel and MK. Then I realized that's pointless.

Don't expect high level play for at least a year.
Thats silly, I'd think I could at least be able to expect people to know how to deal with Wolverine by this point. Sure hes a good character but people let him get away with the dumbest ****, I thought people were reading the guide book and following the Marvel bible but it seems even top players don't even know these details.

Fact is all the info to advance the metagame further has been written in a 10 dollar book, and you still hardly see people leveling up.

Echo

Smash Champion
What I think is funny is how many people complain that the high level play isn't good enough, but they probably wouldn't be able to touch them. Why don't you go show them how it should be played?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I have and I will continue to keep doing so until my play is satisfactory.

Even in the early stages at FR I showed technology to people who weren't utilizing it, but I didn't have a solid team or even own the game and a stick back then, I went on vacation for months and had to test out all the ideas in my head right in tourney. Still ended up doing real well in my pool, and got to money match Justin himself and show him some dog tricks he didn't know

Its just the truth that people who don't have the same opportunities to compete, will spite people who waste it. East Coast and West coast have their scenes, but many people on the EC hate the game, MarlinPie and Josh Wong are easily some of the best there but even they get scrubbed out once in a while. Not blaming them for it, but that region in particular has plenty of "up-and-comers" for a reason.

Me living in the Midwest who doesn't have as much an opportunity is of course going to criticize their play. I don't get nearly as much playtime or competition as they do, but I know how to do my research.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Iowa just left, true story.

Group shout-outs:

Iowa - As always, nice hosting you guys. Getting some Melee/M games against non-tier *****s is nice.

Nebraska - Holy **** you guys actually came?!?! I didn't think anyone but me, Rob and Iowa was gonna show last night, but that was a legitimate party. Good **** guys, I had a blast.

Mega Man PR - We actually played platformers last night. GGz all around, gentlemen, and keep up the work of spreading the holy word!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yeah, my cat got 5th. She's pretty disappointed.

How can you have MK tourney and not Marvel?

Was Brawl RR or something?
Because MK is more liked by the crew at Auras, myself included.

And yes, Brawl was round robin.

I don't even think that made sense.
This.

Event 52 is this weekend

How many Megaman setups can I put you guys down for / how big is the bracket going to be?
I loled. Do you need set ups? Dan and I could bring 2 set ups probably for Mega Man if we needed to, but then we would have to drop 1 person for gas money and that would be a bad idea probably.

Iowa just left, true story.

Mega Man PR - We actually played platformers last night. GGz all around, gentlemen, and keep up the work of spreading the holy word!
It's true. Also, Dan the Omaha thread is currently taking PR ideas.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
If you brought setups (for Brawl) that would be great. But honestly I'd rather have the person than the setups lol

dmac

Smash Champion
i dont even like mk9! i think its clunky and ugly and bleh.

with that said, i really enjoyed the power up stream ( tom brady is a beast ). also i really like watching the super turbo saturday guys talk about the game

mvc3 is super cool and i like watching it but i would never want to spend money in a tourney on that game. x factor is too brutal of a comeback mechanic... really needs a burst move

but what do i know i love ssf4 and am the hypest mother****er in the world for ae

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
i dont even like mk9! i think its clunky and ugly and bleh.

with that said, i really enjoyed the power up stream ( tom brady is a beast ). also i really like watching the super turbo saturday guys talk about the game

mvc3 is super cool and i like watching it but i would never want to spend money in a tourney on that game. x factor is too brutal of a comeback mechanic... really needs a burst move

but what do i know i love ssf4 and am the hypest mother****er in the world for ae
I enjoyed the stream, and watching Tom Brady and PerfectLegend blow everyone up, but they pulled out some boring stuff for grand finals.

Marvel is such a random game, I wouldn't play it but its as NerdJosh says. Its the "true mainstream poverty game" so I have to rep somehow.

Me and Blake went to KS for FR qualifiers, hopefully we'll go back one day because I want to play in more tourneys.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
I agree with the clunky look, but the movement actually feels very good in the game.

Considering your an ssf4 player dmac i see why you'd think that.

I think im starting to enjoy mk9 more than MvC3 just cuz its so hype right now. Peeps think they are good and everyone wants to **** on somebody, and thats awesome.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
As a capcom fan boy, I'm inclinded to agree with Tyser here, but I like TvC better than MvC3, let alone MK9 vs MvC3. Godlike stuff such as Mega Man 9 and 10 takes too much effort for them to focus on fighting games, especially with some many ones at the same time.

resTy

Smash Champion
I'm bad at them. They still suck worse than fighting games. How can there be joy when you're not even playing with another person? I mean, I nerd, but it's to **** folks later on :')

Get in that minesweeper money match!
If folks don't at least average 120s, don't get at me. I average 90s a game but I have gone as high as 118s in the last two or three months. Almost destroyed my mouse after that embarrassment.

HQYZ

Smash Apprentice
I just got challenged to a 100$ money match.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12646108#post12646108

You think MK9 will get that hype?
I hope so :O

I don't know yet. I think MK9 will be a good fighter though. Just from playing it. You can punish mistakes hard, but it's difficult to do. Most off the "top" players are basically just playing high risk right now. Hoping to psychic a move and counter with their own ****. I'm hyped for it though, and I'm going to nerd it. I'll get back to you on that ;P

Top Bottom