• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Sphere set-ups

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
In melee, Samus had the classic D+throw -> charge shot...

So far, with Lucario, the only things I can do that end up with my shot hitting consistantly is either - F+throw -> (Optional jump) Aura Sphere, or a rising Fair -> Aura Sphere.

Anybody have any other useful ways to land the shot?

Milln

Smash Champion
Aw, man. I was gonna say fair. I can add, though! It's any fair you can Aura Sphere off of, not just the rising ones.

Barret3B

Smash Cadet
I've been messing with with the >B grab into aura sphere myself, at low percents anyway.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Generally I've noticed you have to be patient. There doesn't seem to be a solid technique to hit the enemy with it every time. I've mainly shoot it so that it hits just as they hit the ground. If they try to air-dodge, the ground cancels it, if they pratfall, they bounce and get hit...
Of course you have to watch out for those reflectors with this method, so be ready to shield or double team the aura ball

NekoBoy085

Smash Apprentice
I've been doing this combo

FAir, FAir, SideB ((Grab and off ledge)) then Aura Sphere. Seems to kill Ike fairly well.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
I haven't actually tried this yet, but I think it may just work. After you double team, the enemy is sent just barely in front of you, so at moderate damages, you should be able to pull off an Aura Sphere after a quick short-hop. On a different subject, you can pull off a up-tilt right after a double team as long as you are at low percentages.

CaNuk

Smash Rookie
Well what with my dislike of getting hit by others, my lucario is generally fairly weak until a string of bad luck brings me up in percentage. Getting to the point, I find I like to save my aura sphere for a well placed shot when they are returning to the ledge, seems to be the easiest kill when your smashes aren't quite packing a punch yet. Anyways, no combos are involved, just practiced timing and being able to lead your enemy so that they fall into it. Generally people are somewhat desperate to get back and are reluctant to airdodge thanks to horrible memories from melee so they die anyway :p But if they do evade then you are set up for a dair or fair to get them back off the edge where they belong.

PSYCHE

Smash Apprentice
I find that an AA ->u-tilt-> f-air-> Aura sphere works fairly well, depending on their percent, of course.

Leth

Smash Rookie
Spamming BAS in close range is great for creating opportunities when you've got nothing better to do, especially since it covers behind you if they roll, and people just don't seem ready for it.

Top Bottom