• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Aug 22, 2015] EXPosure 22 (Oak Park, IL)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
meanwhile the guy who drives 3 hours doesn't even care

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
I don't recall it taking 3 hours...

hell, almost a third of the trip was you driving around the marathon in Champaign lol

<3's everyone, gg's, etc.

Last edited:

SillyGoose

Master of QWOP
I had fun. I should start coming to wdw

Feel like poop about melee at this tourney. ***** scythe

lets team more good doctor aka obama I saw the potential. double sheik wasn't as bad as I thought, really wished we could have clutched losers finals

metroid1117

Smash Master
Kicking off my summer by attending this and accepting any/all MMs in PM :). Less than or equal to $5 though, I don't want to go broke lol.

Last edited:

cuspacecowboy

Smash Rookie
This is gonna be my first tournament and I know Im gonna get my ass kicked but I was wondering how competitive this tournaments gonna be, like, how high is the skill level exactly? Also do you guys need someone to bring a wiiu? Cause I could supply dat ****

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
This is gonna be my first tournament and I know Im gonna get my *** kicked but I was wondering how competitive this tournaments gonna be, like, how high is the skill level exactly? Also do you guys need someone to bring a wiiu? Cause I could supply dat ****
We don't use WiiU's at the venue, except for Mario Kart 8. We use Wii's for Project M because of the Gamecube controllers.

metroid1117

Smash Master
This is gonna be my first tournament and I know Im gonna get my *** kicked but I was wondering how competitive this tournaments gonna be, like, how high is the skill level exactly? Also do you guys need someone to bring a wiiu? Cause I could supply dat ****
I know you didn't ask for it, but the best piece of advice I can give you is to play as many friendlies as you can and meet as many people as you can; the Chicago scene is super chill, we're always looking for new members :).

Also, you live reasonably close to me, I live in Buffalo Grove and I'm pretty sure there are some other Smashers that live near your area. If you want, you can try looking for people near you through the Chicago-land Melee Facebook Group.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
I know you didn't ask for it, but the best piece of advice I can give you is to play as many friendlies as you can and meet as many people as you can; the Chicago scene is super chill, we're always looking for new members :).

Also, you live reasonably close to me, I live in Buffalo Grove and I'm pretty sure there are some other Smashers that live near your area. If you want, you can try looking for people near you through the Chicago-land Melee Facebook Group.
Bro I live in Wheeling. Does mine nose smell a smash fest?

@New kid

Ima eat your face off, jo.

cuspacecowboy

Smash Rookie

Cool thanks man, can't wait for this weekend. Maybe we can play a couple of freindlies if youre goin. I live in Downers Grove btw, not sure how close that is to Buffalo Grove.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Cool thanks man, can't wait for this weekend. Maybe we can play a couple of freindlies if youre goin. I live in Downers Grove btw, not sure how close that is to Buffalo Grove.
You're pretty close to where I live. You next to the high schools at all?

lakwa

Smash Rookie
If anyone here is close to Wheaton please pm me because I might need a ride there if it's on the way I can pay for gas money please pm me.

pavl

Smash Rookie
registration link is closed and it's before midnight... am i out of luck?

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Yah, Im pretty close to DGN
Nice, maybe we can get some games in over the summer.

How come no matter what I do, I can't pull myself away from Olimar?
Keep up the grind, and you'll definitely be breaking through with the spaceman, bro.

I know being able to play dittos with Metroid and talking about matchups with him has motivated me to improve my Ike play.

B.W.

Smash Champion
If Olimar's Pikmin listened better instead of committing suicide I'd stick to him.

As of now I'm playing T.Link more while searching for another character to play.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Whatever you do B.W., don't pull a Hax. That punk dropped Captain Falcon to play as Fox because top tiers. I just happened to play a character from the beginning that happened to be a monster in Project M.

B.W.

Smash Champion
If I were going to play an obviously top tier character it'd be Lucas and that's just because I used to play him in previous builds.

Top Bottom