• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [Aug 15, 2015] The Official TGC event #4 feat. Roy/GW/Falco Challenge! (Houston, Tx)

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace

I want to let everyone know the upcoming TGC schedule so you can take off work to make it to these events. For the 2016 National Event I have the hotel already and contracts, all I have to do is sign contracts and get a few things ironed out with streamers and other things and we are good to go. Will give more information on that soon. Im looking forward to seeing TGC and the scene continue to grow and will give you all an update on when the TGC app is ready to download. In the meantime join the official Texas Gaming Championships Facebook group to keep updated with exclusive information about TGC and announcements at www.facebook.com/groups/TexasGamingChampionships

(Mark your calendars for these TGC dates)

TGC 5 - Oct 17, 2015 at To Be Announced
TGC 6 - Dec 5, 2015 at To Be Announced
TGC 7 - Feb ?, 2016 at To Be Announced
TGC 8 - Apr ?, 2016 at To Be Announced
TGC 9 - June ?, 2016 at To Be Announced
National Event - 2016 Date and information will be announced soon!
TGC 10 - Dec ?, 2016 at To Be Announced

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
People are reporting website issues in regards to getting venue passes for TGC.

Here is the fix: Don't worry about using the TGC website. Just show up to the TGC venue on Saturday and pay for your venue pass in person.

We have plenty of passes. You will not be turned away (assuming you show up on time).

Cowsaymeow

Smash Cadet
I know this is a smashboards but since there isn't an SRK post, how is attendance for USF4? Probably going to attend for both UFS4/Melee but just wondering

Xyro77

I know this is a smashboards but since there isn't an SRK post, how is attendance for USF4? Probably going to attend for both UFS4/Melee but just wondering
USF4 is usually under 15. Melee is around the 40s.

I really wish players would tell players about the event. The TOs cant do ALL the work.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Texas Gaming Championships (Final Announcement): With only a few hours away I hope everyone is trained and sharp before combat begins. Lets get hype and see you all there!

# 1: BE ON TIME! Venue opens at 10am. You will be DQed if you do not show up for your match. We have alot of events to get done in a few hours so lets stay organized and on schedule!

# 2: Spectator & Venue Fee: Spectator & Venue Fee will be 10$ and this includes entering any tournament plus casuals. You will need your wristband in order to enter the venue so make sure you keep your wristbands on at all times. Security will be checking at the door!

# 3: Room 1 Registration: All registration will be done in Room 1 so refer to the venue tour video https://youtu.be/8oNWj7SvYLc to see where Room 1 & 2 are at. If you are bringing a setup, come to Room 1 register and drop your setup in Room 1 or 2!

# 4: Alcohol: I want to keep a safe and friendly environment so all Alcohol is banned from all tournament rooms. You can drink outside of the rooms!

# 5: No Outside Food/Drinks: Funplex management has told me that they have a 0 tolerance for outside food or drinks so they are not allowed in the venue. They are strict about there policy and reserve the right to kick anybody out the venue without warning!

# 6: Full Setups - WE NEED SETUPS! Please bring whatever you can to make the tournament run fast. We will need tv's, consoles and games. The more setups we have the faster the tournament will be ran so everyone can get to friendlies/money matches. The 1st few players through the door that brings a full setup will receive a $5 discount/refund!

# 7: Bring Exact Change - Accepting $1's, $5's and $10's!

# 8: ATM - Funplex has ATM machines all over the venue for those who need to use it!

# 9: Parking - Funplex has a huge parking lot so you can park anywhere you like!

Xyro77

**FINAL TGC 4 ANNOUNCEMENT. LOTS OF INFO SO PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST**

1. TGC 4 is TOMORROW! August 15th 2015!

2. Please be at the venue by 9:00 am for early registration, check-in and friendlies ( i will be there at this time). Doubles start at 12pm and Singles start at 2pm. The lines will be long so don't show up last minute. I will not allow anyone to join the events after this time.

3. I BEG OF YOU, please bring a full set-up (WiiU+TV+Smash 4+Adapter). If you bring a FULL set-up you will get half your venue fee back, free drink vouchers and more. If you cannot bring a full set-up, please bring whatever you can. TGC events always get over 100 players so we need all the equipment we can get. Having plenty of set-ups is the most important aspect of this event. I have the ability to get us out of the venue by 9-10pm (like last time) if we have many set-ups.

4. If you bought your venue pass online, please bring a paper receipt or show me the receipt on your phone when you check-in/register tomorrow. If you have not bought your venue pass online, you can always buy it at the door with no extra fees/costs. All fees can be paid at the door. Online is optional.

5. Even though i accept all forms of cash (1, 5,10, 20, 50 and 100), i highly recommend you bring $1's and $5's when paying for the venue, 1vs1 and 2vs2 passes. This will make transactions faster and will make payout easier. Just a recommendation, not an obligation.

6. The rules of the game have changed since TGC 3. It is your responsibility to understand and abide by these rules. For more info on rules, times, locations of venue/Smash 4 room, fees and pretty much anything else concerning TGC 4 can be found here:http://smashboards.com/threads/aug-...eat-roy-gw-falco-challenge-houston-tx.409722/

7. Dont forget that there is a new character challenge at TGC 4. If you reach top 4 and you used ONLY Falco or ONLY GW or ONLY Roy, you will get an extra 50$ on top of what you already made for placing top 4.

8. Remember, these events only get huge if you spread the news to your friends. So tell your friends about the event and ill see you all tomorrow.

9. If you have any questions about TGC that is not answered in the rules ( http://smashboards.com/threads/aug-...eat-roy-gw-falco-challenge-houston-tx.409722/ ), please contact me on Smashboards/FaceBook/Twitter or shoot me a text at 409-692-0697

10. The Luigis are coming......

Xyro77

Heading to venue now.

If you are reading this, please bring a full set-up (wiiu+TV+smash 4+adapter)

Top Bottom