• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Aug 15, 2015] Just Smashing Weeklies (TBA)

singleserved

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1977-0160-7370
Schedule
12pm Setup begins
1pm DOORS OPEN, Melee/PM registration begins, Smash 4 registration begins
1:45pm Melee/PM singles registration ends.
2pm Melee/PM singles bracket begins.
3:45pm Smash 4 singles registration ends.
4:30pm Smash 4 singles bracket begins.
8:30pm Closing, clean up, etc.
9pm Venue closes.

Prices
$10 Venue Fee
$5 Entry Fee Per Event
$20 for 2 tournaments and friendlies? Wow, what a steal!

We waive $5 from our venue fee for the first 3 people to come with a full setup.
Project M requires a CRT, a Wii, a copy of Brawl or PM ISO, and whatever modifications necessary).
Smash 4 requires an HDTV, a Wii U, a copy of the game, and a Gamecube controller adapter).
Melee requires a CRT, a Gamecube/original Wii, and a copy of the game).​
Contact singleserved or Aerilate to confirm you’re bringing a setup and lock down your discount.

Keep in mind, YOU NEED A COMPLETE SETUP IN ORDER TO GET A VENUE DISCOUNT!

Brackets can be viewed at our Challonge page: justsmashing.challonge.com
Our archives are located at youtube.com/c/JustSmashingTV

SMASH 4 1V1 RULESET
  • 3 stocks, 8 minutes
  • NON-CUSTOMS, 1111 Miis allowed.
  • Starters: Battlefield, Smashville, Final Destination/Ω Palutena's Temple
  • Counter Picks: Miiverse, Town and City, Dream Land 64, Duck Hunt, Ω stages.
  • Dave's Stupid Rule
  • Gentleman's Clause
Set Procedure:
1. Players plug in controllers (Rock-Paper-Scissors may be done for ports).
2. Players both blind pick their characters.
3. Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors to determine who strikes stages first. Winner strikes 1 starter, loser strikes 1, and Game 1 is played on the 1 remaining starter stage.
4. Winner strikes 2 stages from the full list of starters and counterpicks.
5. Winner switches character, first alerting the loser of a switch.
6. Loser switches character, then selects the stage for the next game.
7. Repeat steps 4 through 6 until set is complete.
*If a player bans Battlefield as a counterpick, Miiverse is banned as well.
*If a player bans Final Destination as a counterpick, Omega Stages are banned as well.
*Final Destination may be swapped out for Omega Palutena's Temple due to FD's "obnoxious background".

PROJECT M RULESET
  • 4 stocks, 8 minutes
  • Project M 3.5 Full Version (character textures, stages textures, and music packs may be added to the game if not too distracting)
  • Starters: Battlefield, Smashville, Fountain of Dreams, Pokémon Stadium 2, Green Hill Zone, Dream Land, Yoshi's Story
  • Counterpicks: Final Destination, Yoshi's Island, Warioware, Lylat Cruise, Norfair, Skyworld
  • Dave's Stupid Rule
  • Gentleman's Clause
Set Procedure:
3. Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors to determine who strikes stages first. Winner strikes 1 of the 7 starters, loser strikes 2, winner strikes 2, loser strikes 1, and Game 1 is played on the 1 remaining starter stage.
4. Winner strikes 3 stages from the full list of starters and counterpicks.
MELEE RULESET
  • 4 stocks, 8 minutes
  • Starters: Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dream Land 64
  • Counterpicks: Pokémon Stadium
  • Dave's Stupid Rule
  • Gentleman's Clause
Set Procedure:
3. Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors to determine who strikes stages first. Winner strikes 1 of the 5 starters, loser strikes 2, then winner chooses from remaining 2 stages, and Game 1 is played.
4. Winner strikes 1 stage from the full list of starters and counterpicks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I looked it up on Maps, and its in a Pizza Place. Did I get the correct address?

D

Deleted member

Nope. Should be listed as "Willingboro Grand Marketplace" or something along the lines.
Do you know the exact address? Its my first time, Also, how many people come to the event normally?

c0smicclown

Smash Rookie
I have a couple of questions.
1. Where in the Grand Marketplace is it exactly?
2. Is there anyway to "Pre-register" for a tournament? I'm having brunch with my dad for father's day and will probably be there at 2.

Qazoo306

Smash Cadet
I was looking at the smash 4 stage list. No Lylat or Delphino for counter picks, and you treat Miiverse as a separate stage from BF? I'm curious why.

Superluigi252

Smash Rookie
NNID
superluigi252
I went to the market place, and it was extremely run down and uncomfortable. I couldn't even find the tourney!

D

Deleted member

I went to the market place, and it was extremely run down and uncomfortable. I couldn't even find the tourney!
1.Yeah, it was safe, but I didn't feel like it was the best place.
2. Me and my dad had trouble finding it. He asked security and they helped us. The event was great, but it wasn't the best area to host it.

Aerilate.

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aerilate
2. Is there anyway to "Pre-register" for a tournament? I'm having brunch with my dad for father's day and will probably be there at 2.
Room Y202, near the back of the market place. We're working on making it easier to find for future reference.

Aerilate.

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aerilate
1.Yeah, it was safe, but I didn't feel like it was the best place.
2. Me and my dad had trouble finding it. He asked security and they helped us. The event was great, but it wasn't the best area to host it.
I'm glad you enjoyed the event! The location isn't the best, no, but we can only work with what we're given at this point until we get a better offer/opportunity.

Aerilate.

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aerilate
I was looking at the smash 4 stage list. No Lylat or Delphino for counter picks, and you treat Miiverse as a separate stage from BF? I'm curious why.
My other TO (@ S singleserved ) neglected to add a few parts to the ruleset before posting. BF and Miiverse are treated as 1 stage in the banning process as per usual, same deal with FD and Omega Stages.

Lylat Cruise and Delfino Plaza were removed for being poor neutral stages with janky elements, much like Halberd and Castle Siege. A vast majority of players favor this stagelist, both in this region and out of region.

D

Deleted member

I'm glad you enjoyed the event! The location isn't the best, no, but we can only work with what we're given at this point until we get a better offer/opportunity.
Yep, it was fun, But I have a few suggestions. First, stream Twitch AND Youtube. People with bad DSL internet have a hard time with Twitch. Next, make a sign to put in the small lot used. So people will know there in the right place. To conclude, SPREAD OUT THE TVS. All the TV's were on the right side. So it was crowded. Also, People only saw Sm4sh walking from the left, it wasn't noticeable from the right. I walked right passed it at first.
P.S. Yeah, I was the 11 year old kid.

D

Deleted member

My other TO (@ S singleserved ) neglected to add a few parts to the ruleset before posting. BF and Miiverse are treated as 1 stage in the banning process as per usual, same deal with FD and Omega Stages.

Lylat Cruise and Delfino Plaza were removed for being poor neutral stages with janky elements, much like Halberd and Castle Siege. A vast majority of players favor this stagelist, both in this region and out of region.
Strange, My matches went from Final Destination to Omega form Pokémon Stadium 2, did one of us make a mistake?

Aerilate.

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aerilate
Yep, it was fun, But I have a few suggestions. First, stream Twitch AND Youtube. People with bad DSL internet have a hard time with Twitch. Next, make a sign to put in the small lot used. So people will know there in the right place. To conclude, SPREAD OUT THE TVS. All the TV's were on the right side. So it was crowded. Also, People only saw Sm4sh walking from the left, it wasn't noticeable from the right. I walked right passed it at first.
P.S. Yeah, I was the 11 year old kid.
We don't stream at all at the moment. The venue had bad connection, so we locally record everything and upload it to Youtube afterwards.

We're working on making our place more easily identifiable, seems like a lot of people had issues finding us if they didn't come from the Facebook page.

The logic behind the layout for the setups was solely based on lack of outlets on the left side of the room. Also, we had a lack of setups to begin with, so the layout never needed to space out to that side of the room.

Aerilate.

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aerilate
Strange, My matches went from Final Destination to Omega form Pokémon Stadium 2, did one of us make a mistake?
If the counterpicking player banned FD and the other selected Omega PS2, a mistake was made (the counterpicking player will most likely call you out on it if it happens anyway). Otherwise, you're fine.

Aerilate.

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aerilate
1. Room Y202.
2. No pre-registration needed. Just show up and register at the front desk.

D

Deleted member

If the counterpicking player banned FD and the other selected Omega PS2, a mistake was made (the counterpicking player will most likely call you out on it if it happens anyway). Otherwise, you're fine.
Thanks. Also, check your GCN adapter. In port 3 no controller could use the R button. I saw your name sticker on the setup.

Qazoo306

Smash Cadet
When do the videos from an event get posted to YouTube? I was there on Saturday, and I played on the recording setup at one point. I was hoping that I would be able to see my match before the next time I go so I could learn from it and do better then.

Qazoo306

Smash Cadet
what is "Dave's stupid rule" and "gentleman's clause"
Dave's Stupid Rule (DSR) is a clause that says the winner of a game may not choose the same stage again. An example is Shiek vs Meta Knight. They go to Smash Ville for game one. Shiek wins the game. For game two, the Meta Knight chooses to go to Dreamland and wins. The Sheik player is not allowed to choose Smash Ville for game three because he already won there. This rule is in place to increase the stage varaity. The MK player could have gone to smash Ville because he hasn't won there yet, though. Gentleman's Clause says that you can do anything you want to in a match as long as all of the players agree to it. Want to play on PAC Land? Go ahead, want to break DSR? Go on ahead, want to turn items on? You can if you and your opponent agree to it.

D

Deleted member

When will the replays be up? I just won my first match and am hyped to see it again.

singleserved

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1977-0160-7370
We just implemented a new system for matches.

We'll upload the tournaments as unlisted to YouTube, then send out the link to people who have attended. You'll be seeing the matches a lot sooner than before.

D

Deleted member

We just implemented a new system for matches.

We'll upload the tournaments as unlisted to YouTube, then send out the link to people who have attended. You'll be seeing the matches a lot sooner than before.
I think going private is a great way to give replays. But OSGN is slowly dying. The Jess Test is inactive, and no more public replays.

Magus420

Smash Master
If you guys begin using 3.6 instead of 3.5 for PM and stay with a $5 venue like this past weekend a friend and I will come down to these for PM/Melee. Do the PM/Melee setups remain as friendlies setups for those games during Smash 4?

Also, I noticed that the counterpicking is listed as:
-Winner bans stage(s)
-Winner chooses character
-Loser chooses character
-Loser chooses stage

Instead of the standard procedure of:
-Winner bans stage(s)
-Loser chooses stage
-Loser chooses character

I've never seen the former anywhere and it makes counterpicking extra powerful since they can counterpick bad stage + bad matchup instead of the winner at least being able to switch characters in response to the stage before they get character counterpicked.

Last edited:

Aerilate.

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aerilate
If you guys begin using 3.6 instead of 3.5 for PM and stay with a $5 venue like this past weekend a friend and I will come down to these for PM/Melee. Do the PM/Melee setups remain as friendlies setups for those games during Smash 4?

Also, I noticed that the counterpicking is listed as:
-Winner bans stage(s)
-Loser chooses character
-Loser chooses stage

Instead of the standard procedure of:
-Winner bans stage(s)
-Loser chooses stage
-Loser chooses character

I've never seen the former anywhere and it makes counterpicking extra powerful since they can counterpick bad stage + bad matchup instead of the winner at least being able to switch characters in response to the stage before they get character counterpicked.
Friendly setups do remain IF there is enough space for them to stay out comfortably during Smash 4, yes. Also, the $5 venue fee will return soon, don't worry.

And thanks for catching that mistype in the procedure, I'll make sure it's fixed as soon as possible to reflect how our tournaments are conducted.

D

Deleted member

Just went today to find out the tourney was cancelled after driving 40 minutes. What happened? I'm disappointed this happened and find it immature nobody was notified.

singleserved

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1977-0160-7370
We made the notification over on Facebook. I apologize that nobody was notified here, or that this post was deleted to further notify everyone viewing on Smashboards.

Our venue has been bought out by a higher bidder. Unfortunately, we won't be able to run tournaments until we find a new venue, and we also won't be returning to the Grand Marketplace. I'll be keeping everyone posted form here on out.

D

Deleted member

We made the notification over on Facebook. I apologize that nobody was notified here, or that this post was deleted to further notify everyone viewing on Smashboards.

Our venue has been bought out by a higher bidder. Unfortunately, we won't be able to run tournaments until we find a new venue, and we also won't be returning to the Grand Marketplace. I'll be keeping everyone posted form here on out.
It's fine, don't worry. But I heard that the tourney was moving to a nearby GameStop, is that true? Maybe we can set up an online tourney, It may be the best we can do when on a hiatus.

singleserved

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1977-0160-7370
We are not moving to a GameStop. We do, however, have online tournaments every other Sunday (the next one being on the 30th), roughly around 5-7pm (which is usually ironed out much closer to the date). We also are considering looking into Smash Fests in the time being.

D1CEY

Smash Rookie
When is the next tourney I live close to the market place about 10 minutes away also is there a teams bracket?

BauxFalcon

Smash Apprentice
So essentially, bust?

No more? No venue?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The only scene in my area died!

Top Bottom