• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATTN: You will not cg unless you cg fast enough

lain

Smash Master
People are wising up, and mashing the most efficient way to get out of grabs really fast. At low percentages, this is SUCH a pain. Which is why against a good player, you must add percent first and then start a cg.

If you're doing a cg and you allow a tiny bit of time between grabs, they can get out unless they're at like ~100%

I usually just do bthrow -> dthrow -> repeat since it requires little room, can be done fast, and it's one I can do perfectly.

IC players need to cg fast, this **** is annoying.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
This is actually why I dropped P bthrow -> N dthrow at low/medium percentages. Unless the other guy is somewhere around 20%-35% depending on character (in which case I do P dthrow -> N fair), I find it easier to do alternating bthrows or dthrows really quickly. I still do P bthrow -> N dthrow at high percentages since it's the cg I find easiest to do at a slow rate, though.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
It's easier to chaingrab faster on lighter characters so I don't have to do the f-air combo. But I don't chaingrab first on matches usually, I do damage then the CG. Chaingrabbing Pikachu, Kirby, and Olimar are so fun. x3

For middle and heavy weight, I might start a grab to an f-air or just desynch to rack up damage, so then I can chain grab.

Most of the time, I do b-throw -> b-throw for chaingrabbing on lighter characters, and it seems like a fast chain grab. On the other hand, the b-throw to an f-throw is for heavy since it's hard doing continuous b-throws on Snake, and other heavy ones.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Why is there all this crazy chaingrab stuff, can't you just fthrow or bthrow until you get to the spike?

chewyy

Smash Ace
Yeah, people breaking out early is a pain. But if they are that low, P-dthrow -> N-fair is quick (just start the d-throw right away, nana will catch up) and it's easy, and once they hit 30-40% or whatever, it's usually enough that they can't get out unless you just sit there.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's gotten to the point where my opponents just set the controller in their lap when I grab them >_>. So I usually don't have to worry about this LOL.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I was at my first tourney and a guy got me in one of those chain throw locks. After 15 seconds, I set my controller in my lap, looked at him, and asked, "Having fun?"

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
It's gotten to the point where my opponents just set the controller in their lap when I grab them >_>. So I usually don't have to worry about this LOL.
lol, it's fun when people do that because you can get away with ridiculous stuff like N fsmash for damage in the middle of a CG.

Miller

Smash Lord
HAHAHAHAHHA Its pretty much the same for me. People just got fed up with it along time ago. To much **** in guessing.

Also, I brought the whole Faster CG thing up a couple times awhile ago. Its a neccessity to CG as fast as possible. At the point i am at now, I can grab someone from 0-death with just f/b/d throw, even when their mashing the f*ck out of their controller.

1000th post btw :D

DYF

Smash Cadet
QFT
if your playing someone that can mash effectively you have 0 room for error and have to be quick as hell. Popo Bthrow > Nana Dthrow is probably the best option you can do at any percent on light characters. personally on heavys i use Dthrow>footstool ice block infinite

Top Bottom