• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATTN: New Pikas: The RIGHT Way to FH Thunder Jolt.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
It's not really anything to advise for or against...... people can and should use whichever is easiest for them.

Roller

Smash Legend
It's not really anything to advise for or against...... people can and should use whichever is easiest for them.
I'LL ADVISE WHAT I WANT. *huff puff*

Now then. All I'm saying is that for most people. Learning to press B a little earlier will probably be easier than learning to jump in a new way and hit B a little faster.

altairian

Smash Lord
And I use normal controls.
Some of us don't use normal controls, and our current control setup makes it harder to press B earlier ;)

Y->B is easy, X->B is less so (I can get lagless tjolts jumping with X, but i can't jump before hitting the ground, so switching R to jump gives me that option)

Kiiro Caballero

Smash Cadet
Quote: Y->B is easy, X->B is less so (I can get lagless tjolts jumping with X, but i can't jump before hitting the ground, so switching R to jump gives me that option)

Same for me only im having trouble sh jolting using shoulder buttons, i guess ill just have to practice and adapt lol

_umbra_

Smash Champion
ahhh I should really start doing thissss

gonna be tough getting used to going from x to b that quick, but if i can SHDL with fox in melee I should be able to do this ^_^

Thanks for the info!

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
I figure I'll add this since it's something I've thought about since this was posted. I see a lot of people saying it might be good to change a trigger to B for this. I tried this, and like Rollerking said, it takes quite a bit of getting used to to remap a core function like jumping to a shoulder button. I find it interesting that no one has suggested remapping B to make this easier.

If you were someone doing it wrong (like me) you're essentially learning a new movement to do it the right way anyway. I found it much easier to input one move a new way rather than to learn a new jump or have a special jump for that one move. That's just me, and as it has been said it's all personal preference, but I figured I'd throw it out there since I haven't seen it suggested yet.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Uhhh.... just because you map jump to a shoulder button doesn't mean you can't jump with X or Y too.

I only use the L button to jump for certain things..... otherwise I use X. Most people have a shoulder button that they don't use at all anyway, so it's not like you're losing anything by setting L/R to jump for specific techniques.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Oh no, that's not what I meant at all. Of course you will use the original inputs as well. My only point is that as someone just picking it up it may be easier to learn a new attack button rather than a new jump. Most people (I would say) use only one jump and are using it all the time, however we're all already used to multiple attack inputs (3 on standard controls).

Since shoulder to jump is mentioned in the first post, that is what most people will automatically go for (I did as well). I was just throwing this out since, as Roller said, I found it easier to just learn to hit existing inputs faster than to learn a new jump to only be used on one move. Still, I found this to be even easier than that. Obviously no setup is better once perfected, but I just find that this may be a quicker switch given the nature of Brawl's default settings.

Oh, and am I the only one getting "502: Bad Gateway"?

mangan

Smash Cadet
If you're looking for an easier way to FH TJolt correctly and use 'x' to jump, consider setting 'y' to special.

My thumb rests on both buttons. My thumb "pad" sits on x and the tip of my thumb rests on y. Super easy.

Top Bottom