• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATTN: New Members.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I just want to know if you guy have been catching flack for your join dates at all. I've been seeing a lot of it, but I'm wondering if it's as wide-spread on this forum as I think it is.

Corigames

Smash Hero
It's a good indicator if you are new or not... although I prefer the post count one, but then again, people spam which doesn't help that.

So, ultimately, it comes down to the combination of join date, post count, and content of post. If they aren't saying much, have a new date, and high post count... spammer. Low post count, old date, reasonable posts... someone who's been here for awhile but isn't expressive.

Just look at it all.

solesoul

Smash Apprentice
Well, I've been lurking on these forums forever, but I didn't join. Mainly because I discovered the Melee metagame LATE (like around 2006 or so) and I didn't feel like I could contribute much. So I've been around here since then. But when Brawl came out, I figured I get in on this one early, so I made an account.

'Nuff said.

D20

Smash Lord
Join date matters a bit... post count doesn't mean anything. I think Caveman has something like 13 posts. The bottom line is that nobody can really prove much with their post count or join date. If you want to get recognized as an intelligent and important memeber of the community, just go to tournaments, talk to people, place well, and have fun.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
The problem is when you see someone with a join date of March this year with up to 200, 300 posts and then someone who joined in February with over 1000 posts. If you joined on exactly March 1st, that's 9 posts per day. How many of them actually contain intelligent thought based on Smash? Most of us won't know because we aren't going to take the time out to try and read all of your posts, so we assume that 8/9 of the posts are just bull**** or stupid.

Tino's White Horse

Smash Journeyman
The problem is when you see someone with a join date of March this year with up to 200, 300 posts and then someone who joined in February with over 1000 posts. If you joined on exactly March 1st, that's 9 posts per day. How many of them actually contain intelligent thought based on Smash? Most of us won't know because we aren't going to take the time out to try and read all of your posts, so we assume that 8/9 of the posts are just bull**** or stupid.
While none of my posts contain verses, lecture and influence comparable to Plato, they aren't stupid, idiotic, morose lingos and overused memes.

Please stop trying to attack me.

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
While none of my posts contain verses, lecture and influence comparable to Plato, they aren't stupid, idiotic, morose lingos and overused memes.

Please stop trying to attack me.
Has he already attacked you in some other thread?

If he hasn't you'd best not be acting like he is. His post certainly isn't directed at you in particular.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Wow, I didn't say anything to try and attack you, I'm explaining why you're getting flak for your join date. If you really want me to flame you that can be arranged.

FartKnocker

Smash Apprentice
Elitist children are everywhere on these boards. I've seen them slam people for join dates and post counts when the poster, perhaps misinformed or otherwise incorrect, is politely and diligently trying to contribute to the community (attack the post, not the poster you straw-man'ing toolbags). These same uber-nerds then go into the Brawl forums and spam them with "BRAWL VS MELEE: BRAWL SUX AND STUFF" and "I WANT MELEE BACK WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH" threads. It's a god****ed joke.

Most of them never even consider that people like me, who bought the original Smash64 on its opening week 9ish years ago, have been playing the franchise since its inception and actually know its ins and outs. I'll admit that I didn't play Melee competitively, but that's because I was a poor college student and had a life. I wasn't about to go driving around the country looking for competition. Nor was I about to sacrifice my degree just so I could count frames for WD'ing and be an e-hero for Smash. Additionally, the N lying about online support for the GC until the very end of that console's run made it difficult to find lots of opponents in Melee. Emulators, on the other hand, kept the Smash64 community united with online playability. These facts kept me from playing Melee longer than a few months.

While I did admittedly avoid Melee, I've been playing Smash64 off and on since it came out almost a decade ago. I took an active interest in Brawl when I heard about the online component and its return to the gameplay of Smash64 and I decided to hit the ground running with this one. I'd join the forums, watch for all the new discoveries/techs/glitches, and see if I can't contribute. So I joined a few months ago so I could keep up to speed.

If someone wants to call me a "Melee" noob, that's fine. I'll take that insult with a shrug since there's no way I can defend myself. I have to agree with them. But to tell me that my post doesn't count, that I'm an idiot, that I'm a Smash newbie (or a Brawl noob...pot, meet kettle), that I don't know what I'm talking about solely because I joined these boards later than 2 years ago, is asinine.

So you could beat everyone on these boards in Melee. You ate, slept, and **** WD's while twiddling your double-jointed, calloused thumbs. You've got your Melee mains, your seconds, your tertiaries, your quaternaries. That's awesome. Grats on all of that. You're still a Brawl noob just like the rest of the world. I'm sorry to be the one to tell you that.

I don't want to derail this thread and give the elitists some more Melee vs. Brawl fodder, but I feel it is necessary to bring Melee up since most of the flaming, elitism, and overall negativity on the forums seems to be coming from people that don't like the new game. This happens every time a sequel is released to a popular game that changes everything around. Everybody's favorite characters get nerfed worse than ANYBODY ELSE. It works like this in Brawl but that NEVER would've worked in Melee. Brawl is not competitive unlike melee which was DEFINITELY competitive.

People need to grow up and stop playing games they don't like and comparing them to games they do like. People need to stop telling people drawn to the new game in a franchise that they're wrong because they never played the older game at all/as much as they did.

Basically, people need to stop acting like children and grow up.

Of course, as long as there is an internet and a forum for some anonymous asshat to post on, there will always be lollerskates, roflcopters, and wtfbbqs.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Haha, as valiant as your wall of text may seem, there have been others before you with the exact same wall of text with the exact same arguments, and it doesn't change anything.

Also, I take offense to that double-jointed bit, both of my thumbs are in fact double-jointed. And calloused.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
Join dates mean nothing. Mine says 2005 when in reality I made this account, didn't make a single post, and forgot about it until January 2008. I've made 230ish posts in 2 months, but 75-80% have been intelligent, 15-20% have been arguing/responding to flames, and the rest mere bumps. Numbers are irrelevant; post content is the real measuring stick.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Basically, I just want to know if you all think it's out of hand. Cause, honestly, any response the cites join date as a part of an argument is as good as spam. I'm wondering if we should act to get join dates removed from the post bit, and maybe even post count.

Cookiez

Smash Ace
I would support that notion, Brookman. For example, I've had three previous accounts (got bored with the names) way back from 2003. Yet when people see my Feb 2008 join date they automatically take whatever I say with many a grain of salt.

To be honest, since i'm an advocator of Melee > Brawl (in terms of competetiveness, and Oh SNAP! moments) I don't recieve much of that flak. However, I see many pure Brawl players being bashed about it on a regular basis.

The main problem is, that however much I disagree with the whole idea that join date somehow affects the validity of certain peoples posts, OCCASSIONALLY it does as these members lack experience. And these sorts of post cast a shadow over all of SWFs newer members, as intelligent as they may be.

CodeytheRhino

Smash Apprentice
Not yet. I joined because I never knew of all the AT for this game. I knew it was played on MLG, but I've always been more of a Halo fan. Then I saw how much tactics there really are for this game, and I joined. It does look like I jumped on the bandwagon since I joined right after Brawlk dropped, but I've been playing SSB since the 64.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I understand that the notion of join date = knowledge isn't inherently true or false, which is why I think removing join date is a good idea. Just taking that factor out of the equation may reduce a lot of nonsensical arguments based around it, and in turn makes post content the only factor by which you can judge a member.

I'd also like to note that there is a function which allows you to block posts by a given member, in the event that you're being harassed. Along with that there's the little red and white triangle which allows you to report a member; don't be afraid to use it.

Also, if post count is removed it removes incentive to spam. That's not to say it will eradicate spam from the forum, but at least there's no 'reward' for it.

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
Elitist children are everywhere on these boards. I've seen them slam people for join dates and post counts when the poster, perhaps misinformed or otherwise incorrect, is politely and diligently trying to contribute to the community (attack the post, not the poster you straw-man'ing toolbags). These same uber-nerds then go into the Brawl forums and spam them with "BRAWL VS MELEE: BRAWL SUX AND STUFF" and "I WANT MELEE BACK WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH" threads. It's a god****ed joke.
I've seen very little of this.

Most of them never even consider that people like me, who bought the original Smash64 on its opening week 9ish years ago, have been playing the franchise since its inception and actually know its ins and outs. I'll admit that I didn't play Melee competitively, but that's because I was a poor college student and had a life. I wasn't about to go driving around the country looking for competition. Nor was I about to sacrifice my degree just so I could count frames for WD'ing and be an e-hero for Smash. Additionally, the N lying about online support for the GC until the very end of that console's run made it difficult to find lots of opponents in Melee. Emulators, on the other hand, kept the Smash64 community united with online playability. These facts kept me from playing Melee longer than a few months.
1. You can play competitive melee and be a college student.
2. You can play competitive melee and have a life. Well, I'm assuming that having a life means having friends, girlfriends, going to parties, playing in a band, and other things of that nature.
3. You can play competitive melee and get a degree.

Don't flame competitive melee players for no reason.

While I did admittedly avoid Melee, I've been playing Smash64 off and on since it came out almost a decade ago. I took an active interest in Brawl when I heard about the online component and its return to the gameplay of Smash64 and I decided to hit the ground running with this one. I'd join the forums, watch for all the new discoveries/techs/glitches, and see if I can't contribute. So I joined a few months ago so I could keep up to speed.
Good, we like new people on the boards. That is, we like new people who come in willing to contribute who don't make ***** of themselves. I have no idea whether or not that's you.

If someone wants to call me a "Melee" noob, that's fine. I'll take that insult with a shrug since there's no way I can defend myself. I have to agree with them. But to tell me that my post doesn't count, that I'm an idiot, that I'm a Smash newbie (or a Brawl noob...pot, meet kettle), that I don't know what I'm talking about solely because I joined these boards later than 2 years ago, is asinine.
The only way an actual respected member of these boards would say that is if your posts themselves had little merit. This one has little merit, you're flaming everyone who disagrees with you without any real foundation.

So you could beat everyone on these boards in Melee. You ate, slept, and **** WD's while twiddling your double-jointed, calloused thumbs. You've got your Melee mains, your seconds, your tertiaries, your quaternaries. That's awesome. Grats on all of that. You're still a Brawl noob just like the rest of the world. I'm sorry to be the one to tell you that.
Some things in smash never change. In any case, very few melee players are claiming to be good at brawl because of their prowess in melee.

I don't want to derail this thread and give the elitists some more Melee vs. Brawl fodder, but I feel it is necessary to bring Melee up since most of the flaming, elitism, and overall negativity on the forums seems to be coming from people that don't like the new game. This happens every time a sequel is released to a popular game that changes everything around. Everybody's favorite characters get nerfed worse than ANYBODY ELSE. It works like this in Brawl but that NEVER would've worked in Melee. Brawl is not competitive unlike melee which was DEFINITELY competitive.
Actually, none of the three arguments you presented have anything to do with the difference. Check out scar's massive thread and the important post links he makes.

People need to grow up and stop playing games they don't like and comparing them to games they do like. People need to stop telling people drawn to the new game in a franchise that they're wrong because they never played the older game at all/as much as they did.
I have yet to see anyone say playing brawl was wrong. Even the pro-melee crowd. Which includes me. And I play brawl, and advocate brawl, and love brawl.

Basically, people need to stop acting like children and grow up.
Perhaps they should stop flaming as well.

Of course, as long as there is an internet and a forum for some anonymous asshat to post on, there will always be lollerskates, roflcopters, and wtfbbqs.
You need to realize that you're talking about an incredibly small minority of people here, most of whom are not respected posters. Yuna is not a respected poster.

Forget Me Not

Smash Apprentice
I suppose all the new members are looked at as those late fanboys/girls who become crazy fans for an anime that was recently dubbed and shown on adult swim and are hated by those who watched the same anime but in subbed form from the internet some time ago. Thats what I'm getting from this thread.
I thought it was going to be like a mini-faq or something to help new members get adjusted to the standards here at smash boards but whatever. I think there are so many members just because smash boards got some advertisement from the strategy guide for Brawl in the character section.

FartKnocker

Smash Apprentice
Haha, as valiant as your wall of text may seem, there have been others before you with the exact same wall of text with the exact same arguments, and it doesn't change anything.

Also, I take offense to that double-jointed bit, both of my thumbs are in fact double-jointed. And calloused.
If my wall of text seems valiant (?) to you, you should see me respond to "wuts wrong wit da way i type haha lol!?11?" That might even seem EPIC to you.

You're right. Next time I'll assume everything I've got to say on any subject has already been said and nothing will change anyway. Because that's what I set out to do today: to change people. And I have failed miserably.

All jokes aside, my post was more for the Brawl players new to these boards than the elitist *******s I discussed. If any of them were bored enough to read my post, I sincerely hope they realize that all of the negativity on the boards is just children being children and it WILL go away (for the most part) after people get over Melee.

P.S. I've got double-jointed thumbs as well but thankfully no callouses. It's hard to develop the latter when you have that big boring break in between sleep and smash (read: work).

FartKnocker

Smash Apprentice
I understand that the notion of join date = knowledge isn't inherently true or false, which is why I think removing join date is a good idea. Just taking that factor out of the equation may reduce a lot of nonsensical arguments based around it, and in turn makes post content the only factor by which you can judge a member.

I'd also like to note that there is a function which allows you to block posts by a given member, in the event that you're being harassed. Along with that there's the little red and white triangle which allows you to report a member; don't be afraid to use it.

Also, if post count is removed it removes incentive to spam. That's not to say it will eradicate spam from the forum, but at least there's no 'reward' for it.
Yup. Sounds golden to me.

defsithe

Smash Ace
Caveman has something like 13 posts.
very true.

whoo texas:chuckle:

i dont mind the giant wave of new kids. but they all post the same threads/posts. and that causes threads like this one to surface hahaha. the search function really doesnt help too much but all it take is a few minutes to read the first post of other threads to determine whether or not u need to make a new thread to just ask a question or something.

edit: only one of my thumbs is double jointed. :laugh:

Lessthan_tom

Smash Cadet
I agree that the join date and post count of a member can often tell you something about them, but I think it's stupid to use it to make any decision because of odd circumstances. The thing that I really don't agree with is using someone's stats as flame ammo. If you can't make a valid argument, then don't be like "So... what do you know? You joined yesterday." Challenge the poster's argument with your own argument and win with style and grace. Don't get angry and resort to insulting someone based on their forum stats. Otherwise you're no better than them.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Step 1: Look at post content

- If content is informative or accurate ---> congratulate poster
- If content is unaccurate but funny ---> proceed with lolz
- If content is neither ---> proceed to step 2

Step 2: Look at poster's join date

- If its early 2007 or earlier ---> reply to post politely
- If its late 2007 or 2008 ---> proceed to step 3

Step 3: pull out the flamethrower

- use with caution

D20

Smash Lord
We used to have a reputation system here. I think that could've been more accurate than things such as post count and join date... but too many people misused it.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
If my wall of text seems valiant (?) to you, you should see me respond to "wuts wrong wit da way i type haha lol!?11?" That might even seem EPIC to you.

You're right. Next time I'll assume everything I've got to say on any subject has already been said and nothing will change anyway. Because that's what I set out to do today: to change people. And I have failed miserably.

All jokes aside, my post was more for the Brawl players new to these boards than the elitist *******s I discussed. If any of them were bored enough to read my post, I sincerely hope they realize that all of the negativity on the boards is just children being children and it WILL go away (for the most part) after people get over Melee.

P.S. I've got double-jointed thumbs as well but thankfully no callouses. It's hard to develop the latter when you have that big boring break in between sleep and smash (read: work).
My apologies, I actually had the idea that you were an intelligent individual and didn't intend to offend you, just to merely point out that your posting that was just one wall in a long line of walls that have appeared on the boards. Now I realized you're just a sarcastic douche with no real intent on changing anything. Allow me to speak in your true language: "Hay falllow trollz r u beeng awsuhm 2dey?"

...some people on these boards should really just calm down. You're being very defensive. Sure, what someon esaid may have been offensive, but to respond in kind doesn't make you look any better.

Anyway.

I haven't recieved any flak for my join date or post count that I'd consider worth noting. That is, the people who insulted me weren't that much older than myself, and their posts were spelling and grammar disasters. My spelling may not be perfect, and my grammar may not be the best, which I'm sure someone would like to point out for the lulz. But of course I'm talking about extreme circumstances here. =p

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
There's a difference between having grammar and spelling errors and still contributing, but when you come along a stupid post like this one, you just hate people:

Cool zero suite samus
she is **** fine 4 a animation figure and she kicks ***
Or, to make you rage even harder, you get the people who make progress take a step backwards:

Wen u say zamus u mean samus or zero suit ?

anyways - samus or zereo suit are both changeable in Brawl which offers players great flexiblity during a standard 5 man survival. strt off with samus to cause som intense damge and wen u get a smash ball which wil probably be towrads the end, get zero suit speed to avoid extra damage to stop loosing health as zero suit is more faster and edgile.

altogether, players choice in battle using one chacter
power or speed ?

masterin zero suit samus is the step forward to mastreing samus.

although i dnt fink zero suit samus is all that as it laks power but can com in handy i guess

wasnt expecting this, i was hopin for samus to beta smash ataks
THESE are the reasons why people who have recently joined get flak. There needs to be a way to save face for intelligent people.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Any specific reason why? If not you could just use the search function, as I obviously took those from the ZSS board.

Geez, so lazy. If you're going to violate somebody's privacy so that you can laugh at them directly, you could at least use the search function to find them yourself. =p

EDIT: Great, now my point about the search function is gonna look copied because my connection lagged. xP

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Personally, I have gotten a lot of flak for join date and post count before. The problem with SWF, and the internet in general, is that most people don't understand the concepts of respectful dissent and arguing a point without the intention of changing minds. That's what I got in trouble for.

If you're talking to a seasoned pro about competition, you can't dissent from their opinion because then you're an idiot for not understanding competition. If you're talking to a casual player, then you can't dissent because then you don't understand the meaning of 'fun'. It's ridiculous. No one is capable of agreeing to disagree.

That's when post count and join date usually came into play with me. I'd usually just try to get someone to concede that just because we disagree we can still both be right... and then I'd be labeled a 'casual tard' without English/philosophy/arguing skills because I waited to join the SWF community formally until Feb. of this year, which has nothing to do with the argument at hand.

I'm not the most dexterous of players, but I understand the concepts of Smash competition, which is just as important. Well, it should be just as important, but apparently if I am not able to make it to tournaments and clean house, then I haven't earned the right to have a dissenting opinion.

It all comes down to immaturity.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
In reply to the OP, I can't recall having my post count ever used against me for any reason. I've seen it happen a few times though.

I think that both post count and join date are horrible arguments against a person. If you are debating or arguing with a person, the only reason I can think of that you would want to use join date or post count is because you don't have any real argument against their point. "You're new/don't post much, so you CAN'T be right, even if I can't prove you wrong!"

In other words, using either of those as an offensive against another member will make you the clear loser in that argument in my eyes, and I doubt I'm the only person who looks at it that way.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
In other words, using either of those as an offensive against another member will make you the clear loser in that argument in my eyes, and I doubt I'm the only person who looks at it that way.
...you'd be surprised. I've had a pro player AND a mod use that argument on me before. Apparently, because I had a dissenting opinion, didn't think any of our opinions were wrong, and had a small post count/recent join date, I was an idiot. And I have been told this multiple times and in different threads by both of these people. There is a LONG way to go before people learn that more than one view can be valid.

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
I'll respectfully ask you to open your eyes then. As a brief example (one which I can easily and quickly confirm if my life depended on it...which it doesn't), there was a thread discussing side B reversals as a legitimate tech. The first several PAGES was filled with elitists telling them "It's in melee. Stop posting this. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't make it new" while people were politely (at first) rebutting that. Join dates were cited and much confusion regarding the tech's legitimacy inundated the first several pages of the thread before any intelligent discussion could even begin. You'll see this anywhere on the Tactical or General Brawl discussion threads.
I've seen it, but rarely. And not from respected members. Elitists and pros aren't always respected members.

1) yup
2) yup
3) yup
I'm not flaming competitive melee players "for no reason." In fact, I didn't realize I flamed them at all! I believe you quoted me as saying "because I was a poor college student and had a life." "Having a life" is synonymous with spending money, money which I was in short supply of. Additionally, I was on full scholarship (which I earned myself in High School) that required a 3.5 to maintain or else I'd 1) Be kicked out of the College of Engineering and would have to join the ever-popular College of Business or some other depressing alternative or 2) have to rely on student loans since my family is hardly financially set. Could I have? Sure. Should I have? Would you risk letting your family and yourself down after working your *** off for 4 years in high school to set yourself up for college so you can drive to tournaments for a non-online game? Referring to "e-heroes" and "frame counting" was merely for humor (based in some truth).
I go to one of the top schools in the country, carry a "B' average, work around 40 hours of week as a sound tech/military contractor/server at a fine dining restaraunt, pay all my tuition and living expenses, and haven't been even a minor burden on my family's finances since I left the house. I've had several steady girlfriends, go out on weekends, play in bands, film, and do all kinds of stuff. I'm studying for pre-law and potentially going into the marines for Human CI.

Don't even try to pull the bull**** "Wahh, school's so hardz." I do what you do and more.

I'm not saying this to insult you, I'm not saying this to imply that I'm better than you. I'm saying that you can't possibly use that excuse for why you couldn't play competitive melee and have me take you seriously.

Errr...I wrote the only Link guide on the Link forums that gives damage and KO %'s for all of his moves with insight into his projectile game. Nobody else wanted to and I wanted to help the community out. The reason nobody wanted to was because Toon Link is widely considered to be the "high-tier" pick if the decision is between the two Links. This anecdote isn't to convince you whether I'm making an *** of myself or not, of course. This aside is merely to build credibility for what I've said or will say in the future. I do contribute to the community as much as I know how, even if it's only answering a Smash vet's question directed at new joinee's (then wasting 20 minutes defending my answer).
Your answer was fine, but you strongly implied that everyone who played competitive melee hated newbies. That's far from the truth. In fact, most of the respected and longtime members of this board have taken extra care to try to make them feel welcome. A few loud *******s is not the community.

And well done with the Link guide. I did the Falco guide.

See my first point with the example of the B reversal thread. I will leave the burden upon all who read this to see exactly why this wall of text is sitting here on this thread. And where do you see me flaming everyone? When you quote it, be sure to make it as big as possible so I'll be able to see it too. It must be my poor eyes (or the fact that I know precisely who I'm talking to and it's not everyone nor is it competitive Melee players as a whole).
"I don't want to derail this thread and give the elitists some more Melee vs. Brawl fodder, but I feel it is necessary to bring Melee up since most of the flaming, elitism, and overall negativity on the forums seems to be coming from people that don't like the new game."

That's partially true, but in the context of your post, it's targeted at the forum as a whole. The forum as a whole supports you and any other new poster.

True. Some things never change. We're in agreement. Though I think the isolation the players feel that get flamed for recently joining and picking up the series is evidence enough that these people DO think their prowess in Melee is something noteworthy when discussing Brawl. Why else would elitists point to a join date that reflects THAT game rather than one that reflects a new game?
The ONLY time I've seen this happen is when people make posts implying that either A: Everyone sucks at brawl equally or B:melee skills don't transfer over. Both false.

I read a few pages of that thread. I was giggling too hard after the entire "intelligent discussion" began with "First, let's redefine that word the way I like to define it." Even carpet-bagging evangelists must blush at this.
If that's what you took from it, you didn't read properly. He was setting up an argument and trying to define a very abstract concept that people threw around. You've clearly never taken philosophy of language classes.

Uhhh. You're right. Hell man, I don't even see MYSELF saying that. I see myself saying "People need to stop telling people drawn to the new game in a franchise that they're wrong because they never played the older game at all/as much as they did." They're telling them they're wrong because they're not part of the elite that's been here pre 2008.
You're also telling them to "grow up." Most of us are trying to both adapt to brawl and bring more to it, while discussing what makes brawl and melee different.

Yup.

You need to realize that I can't figure out why the hell you decided to bring Yuna into this from. The DDD chain-grab thread? That's the only thread I remember posting in (hell, even reading) that Yuna also posted in.

To sum up:
There wouldn't be a thread talking about this if there wasn't a problem, so don't pretend like I'm exaggerating or flaming all Melee players. I'm flaming the elitists. Lots of them just happen to have join dates coinciding with Melee's lifespan. Hence the discussion of Melee. You read Melee and your already-sandy ****** couldn't take that. So you posted in a thread directed at new members and responded to a new member talking about the problem with elitism that he was asked by an old member. Awesome. Awesome to the max.
[/SIZE]
1. Yuna's the perfect example of an elitist *** who is not a particularly respected member. Well-known, not respected. Dylan_tynga as well.

2. What are you trying to accomplish by flaming the elitists? A flamer is a flamer. You're just as bad as they are.

3. I'm incredibly pro-brawl. I'm incredibly pro-melee. In fact, I'm just plain pro-smash. What I can't take is you getting into the minds of all the new posters that all of the melee pros and respected members are *******s and elitists--that's what your post implied, and it's simply not true.

4. I can post in any **** thread I want. I have a right to defend this community as a whole.

Top Bottom