• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attn: Falco Mains

D

Deleted member

it's amazing how gay they managed to make falco with only lasers and dair.

HAKU

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Sliq and all the other ppl that agrees with him.
But... can you point out how they can apply more mindgames to there playing perhaps?
*I need some mindgames applied to my own falco too hehe*

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Dont rush in w/o a plan is important. Eventually if all you do is laser to their shield then pillar they wil see the pattern and find a way around it. Dont be to repetitive and try to change things up when combo'ing etc.

Peace

Sliq

Smash Master
All characters need 'mindgames'
NO JOHNS. See, I can do it too.

What I'm trying to say is, SHL to dair or grab is not MINDGAMES. It is approach. Too many Falcos rely too heavily on Falco's approach.

Hay gguyz, i has a gun! i go pew pew pew and tthen drill kick peeple's sheilds and then shine, or sumtimes grab instead! im usin mindgames!

I had no idea so many Falcos had personal stake tied into their fighting video game character, otherwise I would have expected idiotic flames instead of legitimate discussion.

Jesus Christ. If someone made a post that said "Jigglypuff's need to use better spacing," you know what I wouldn't do? Get offended.

Holy ****. Please throw your internet away and then melt your computer.

Edit: DruggedFox's above post is basically what I was saying. Thank you for not being a jacka$$.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
I don't know why you would really care. If a player is only playing mindless technical games, guess what? Your mind games beat them and you advance to the next round. Eventually that player will learn what they are doing at that point in time is not enough to guarantee a consistent amount of victories, and they will change up their style.

I was personally able to change up my style by playing more platform stages, and incorporating more movement tricks. While yes movement tricks are purely technical in a sense, they serve the purpose to fool the opponent, and force them into a position where I can manipulate them. And that at its core, is mind games.

th0rn

Smash Lord
NO JOHNS. See, I can do it too.
Yeah, but mine made sense.
Now if you were to quote that and say no johnz, it would make sense.

What I'm trying to say is, SHL to dair or grab is not MINDGAMES.
And what I was trying to say is how you need to have a controller plugged into your gamecube to play. Also be sure to press the 'power' button.

Also, Falcon's d-air to knee isn't a mindgame.

Foxes u-throw to u-air isn't a mindgame.

DK's u-throw to u-air isn't a mindgame.

See what I'm doing here??? I'm stating random obvious facts JUST LIKE YOU. Maybe I should go post these in all the different character forums.

no wait.. that would be stupid.

EDIT: lol, just read your post.
Jesus Christ. If someone made a post that said "Jigglypuff's need to use better spacing," you know what I wouldn't do? Get offended.
Agreed. If someone were to post, "Make sure you space with jigglypuff" I wouldn't get offended at all. However, I would post "you need to space with everyone", and then try to show him the stupidity of making a thread about obvious things that have been known forever.

Sliq

Smash Master
Also, Falcon's d-air to knee isn't a mindgame.

Foxes u-throw to u-air isn't a mindgame.

DK's u-throw to u-air isn't a mindgame..
Good point, except none of those things listed are approaches. I said some Falcos rely too heavily on their approach, since Falco's approach is arguably the best in the game. You posted a lits of moves, for some reason.

My point, which in no way applies to you and doesn't require a personal shot at me, is that mediocre Falcos just spam SHL to dair or grab approach, and better players know how to get around it. So they should consider not doing that.

You, the best Falco in the world, have nothing to worry about though, because of the incredible bond you share with Falco.

This thread has gotten ridiculous. Could the Falco mod close it for Christ's sake. No one wants a legitimate discussion. They want themselves a good ole' fashion flame war.

Funny how that wouldn't offend you, but I make this thread, and yet, I don't see passive indifference.

th0rn

Smash Lord
Good point, except none of those things listed are approaches
That's cool? I didn't say they were. Maybe try reading a little? (I know you were talking about approaches, i wasn't.) I thought I would add parenthesis because you seem to need explanations .

I was just pointing out stupid obvious things... kinda like this thread? :p

EDIT: So, if i decide to post something like, "You guys can d-smash with falco by pressing down on the c-stick."

And to everyone who "flames" me I'll say, "Stop getting so offended, you must be scared"

LOL, don't be ridiculous (edit: Sorry prof. Repryx, thanks for grading my paper lulz) :)

Repryx

Smash Champion
Thats not how you spell Ridiculous you spell ridiculous like this>>ridiculous....BTW you can Nair w/ the C-stick....omgwtflolz anyway sometimes approaching is retreating....think about it

A-Laon

Smash Master
God ****it people. All he's trying to say is that more and more Falco players are lacking the mental play required to get the most out of the character, and that it couldn't hurt and would probably help to see where you can put a little more thought into your game.

This isn't a discussion of effective tactics, it's about recognizing tactical flaws in Falco players (and they ARE increasingly abundant).

th0rn

Smash Lord
God ****it people. All he's trying to say is that more and more Falco players are lacking the mental play required to get the most out of the character, and that it couldn't hurt and would probably help to see where you can put a little more thought into your game.
You could just say that about anyone/anything. I feel you lack having mindgames, I've never seen you win a tourney in my life. Try 'putting more thought into your game". :p

EDIT: LOL @ darc. "Stereotypes are fun." Exactly, this thread is all stereotyping. How could you post something like that in the falco forum and not expect a response like this?

A-Laon

Smash Master
You could just say that about anyone/anything. I feel you lack having mindgames, I've never seen you win a tourney in my life. Try 'putting more thought into your game". :p
Well, that was awfully baseless, random, and inane.

Now I see why Sliq is asking for this closed. :p

th0rn

Smash Lord
Funny how you don't mention darc's post or my second part of my post, which is the real reason why it's going to be closed =)

th0rn

Smash Lord
Yet you respond to yourself lacking mental play? Or perhaps, "people really do tend to get rather offended and also somewhat scared "

You should learn not to stereotype.

A-Laon

Smash Master
I'm bored, I'll waste my time.

Yes, you could insist on adding more mental play to just about anything; however, the lack of such in many amateur Falco players is especially abundant and also especially critical, seeing as Falco's susceptibility to gimps is very high, leaving little room for error.

All players, regardless of skill level, will get too aggressive with Falco at times (experience typically being what determines the frequency) and make very tactless actions, relying on Falco's exceptional technical ability to make things work out despite it being used incorrectly.

With the ability to control like Falco possesses, loss of a stock should could only at one's own tactlessness, and, as Sliq is accurately pointing out in this thread, that tactlessness is becoming a pillar of many Falco players' styles.

Repryx

Smash Champion
You guys are rediculous lolz no no ridiculous... I must ask...why is there so much dissension on the boards???

Prof. Repryx for Brawl

Banks

Smash Hero
yea i think falco stinks, u should probly try getting mindgames u know what i mean, cuz thats abundant

Ryan-K

Smash Master
With the ability to control like Falco possesses, loss of a stock should could only at one's own tactlessness, and, as Sliq is accurately pointing out in this thread, that tactlessness is becoming a pillar of many Falco players' styles.
OH MY GOD HAHA I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE.

Losing a stock with any character is a mistake because it means you didn't beat your opponent before they could beat you and little mistakes lead into a lost stock. It's just varied between characters.

Also I still think fox is best in the ga-shot-

th0rn

Smash Lord
So your point is you need to think while you play instead of relying on tech skill.

Wow, who would of thought....

th0rn

Smash Lord
No johnz, GG Nore. Glad you finally came to the conclusion that this thread was pointless and just stereotype of a falco player.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Yeah, Sliq's right, you people are just out for defensive flaming but by ranting on and on about **** that is already obvious then I will pretend this isn't a joke thread and pretend I am better then the rest of you by "playing along" and making myself look like an *** in the process.
Oh uh oops.

Repryx

Smash Champion
**** no sarcasm I REALLY didnt realize this was a joke thread....NO SARCASM I got effin mindgame'd by this thread sooo Imma bounce...Have fun Falco disgracers (as in anyone who plays along w/ this joke)

A-Laon

Smash Master
Yeah like that.

I'm getting personally flamed for having an honest outlook on any inspecific number and selection of players in the community.

Quality posting people.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Yeah like that.

I'm getting personally flamed for having an honest outlook on any inspecific number and selection of players in the community.

Quality posting people.
*someone close the thread* nono I wasnt talking about you I was jess saying I didnt know this was a JOke thread (Because I dont stumble on em too often) and I was sayin any Falco that plays along with the Joke as oppose to making a legit inpu on the situation is bad and should be 4 stocked by M2K Its not you Specifically (You arent a Falco)

Ryan-K

Smash Master
No you're getting flamed because you are addressing a community of players in such a way that you are assuming none of them know what the **** they are doing despite 7 pages of this **** and acting like "oh well I don't need to listen to this **** I am the greatest oneoneone"

siresword

Smash Cadet
This thread requires additional pylons!
ahaha <3
good summary :)

Is pillaring a vital part of the Falco metagame or is it just a luxury for those who like to go on auto pilot?
i think what shiz was trying to say (and others agreed after him) that pillaring is simply another technique that falco has as a part of his arsenal. to make your falco better, its best to have as many techniques as you can right ? so pillaring is a part of the falco metagame (an excellent way to pressure your opponent? or to mess with 'shielders' ? ).
the only 'problem' with pillaring is that people either don't understand what it is (shine to spike combo) or they overrate it

Top Bottom