• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention Brawl Players: Highschool, a short guide.

gallax

Smash Hero
i had a 5.33 weighted gpa. our valedictorian had a 6.6 weighted gpa. our class was insane. our top 18(close to this number) students beat out every other school in our county's valedictorian.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Let's all return to the real world where none of this matters besides location and scholarships (and if you don't get bright futures in some form you're a moron for not taking advantage)...:027:

nevershootme

Smash Master
Don't even know where else outside of FL has something similar to Bright Futures or FL prepaid...

fact: SAT's suck balls period, though it matters much to get into good schools -_- I did better in ACT than SAT. not to mention where you get your degrees from matters big time when it comes to landing jobs, and the projects you worked on

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
What's the point of GPA? None of the stuff taught in high school's really that important, IMO.

Because I'm totally going to need to know what makes The Great Gatsby a modernist novel.

I think that High-schools should allow people to take the classes they want, without all of this, "Core Classes" stuff. I think that every class should be an elective, and you can custom-build your schedule with these.

Your thoughts, pplz?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
What's the point of GPA? None of the stuff taught in high school's really that important, IMO.

Because I'm totally going to need to know what makes The Great Gatsby a modernist novel.

I think that High-schools should allow people to take the classes they want, without all of this, "Core Classes" stuff. I think that every class should be an elective, and you can custom-build your schedule with these.

Your thoughts, pplz?
Go to Rochester University.

derf

Smash Ace
i had a 5.33 weighted gpa. our valedictorian had a 6.6 weighted gpa. our class was insane. our top 18(close to this number) students beat out every other school in our county's valedictorian.

How do you get over a 5.0? When I was in high school, a 5.0 was an A in an AP class, which was the highest grade you could get.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Don't even know where else outside of FL has something similar to Bright Futures or FL prepaid...

fact: SAT's suck balls period, though it matters much to get into good schools -_- I did better in ACT than SAT. not to mention where you get your degrees from matters big time when it comes to landing jobs, and the projects you worked on
Degrees really don't matter much in regards of schools, so just because you go to a prestigious state or law school, doesn't mean you'll automatically land the job. In fact, most employers usually look for people who go to community colleges.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Degrees really don't matter much in regards of schools, so just because you go to a prestigious state or law school, doesn't mean you'll automatically land the job. In fact, most employers usually look for people who go to community colleges.
that entirely depends on what business you get into (and I also doubt employers actively seek community college students over state and better schools).

If you're getting into something like education, nursing, and business management lets say... then what college you go to doesn't matter too much. But if you're looking at engineering, mathematics, and sciences, then yeah it does matter. Big businesses that require engineers wont even scout at community colleges like that, because they need people with 4 year degrees.

tubes

Smash Ace
public static void main (String[] args)
{

___if (player == brawl)
______HighSchoolStudent student = player;
___else if (player == melee)
______CollegeStudent student = player;

}
Does that make me a paradox?

Top Bottom