• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention all Wolf noobs

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
I believe I speak for a lot of people when I say spamming takes no skill, and it's annoying. Spamming your laser will just give you a bad rep. Not only is it annoying and takes no skill to do, it's downright noob-ish of anyone to do so. I have to say that wolf is the worst spammer out, next to pit. Does anyone share the same beliefs?

Twilightwolf

Smash Cadet
Pit and Olimar are worst. Wolf's lasers are slow and easy to roll around (if not too close).

If you are getting beat by spammers, use Fox and common sense. He counters all of them. Period.

If spamming wins games, then do it. It is legal and by no means overly "noobish." It is annoying as hell, but it works because people have not learned to counter it. Try spamming against a lv. 9 computer, and you will find that you hit far less than you do with human opponents (at least I do). There is a way to counter spammers with other characters. Somewhere.

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
I think its noobish, thats my opinion. And yes there are ways around it, but its annoying that all noobs do is spam with wolf. He's an awesome character, jus hard to master. Jus pisses me off how much they suk, thats all.

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
yeah also there was another thread like this "Are noobs killing wolf"

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I don't see why people complain so much about wolf spammers. Yeah there noobs but its not hard to take them out >_>

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
i do not think Wolf is the biggest spammer, I think Pikachu is. Pikachu spams thunder which can kill you easily, can be tricky to avoid and you cannot approach him from above or jump over him while he is doing it. Wolf's blaster on the other hand cannot kill, moves slow and can be jumped over. Wolf spammers are annoying I agree with but Pikachu's are much worse.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
The way I see laser spam is it forces the enemy to come to you, no one will laser spam close up, its pointless, if you have a problem with a serious laser spamming, get out of range or just edge hog and make him approach.

kungfurabbits

Smash Apprentice
I only use Wolf's laser strategically. For example, if I'm playing a Sonic and he's about to do his spin move toward me, the laser stops it in it's tracks as well as jigglypuff's rollout. Maybe I'll use the laser once or twice right when the battle begins but not much after that.

Jawsh!

Smash Cadet
Wolf doesn't seem like such a bad spammer. His laser is too short-ranged to do much damage from a distance, and it's so slow that by the time he's getting off his second shot, you're beating in his face. That is, unless you're standing there trying to spam back.

InfiniteSmash1221

Smash Cadet
Trust me wolf is not the worst spammer, besides if any wolf just sits there and spams the laser they're not going to win, all they will be is an annoyance at best. The shot is slow and short, so outdistance him if possible, or find ways to move in on him and punish him.

Personally i only use the laser to force someone to approach me so i don't have to risk the approach myself.

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
Wolf's laser isn't particularly spammable. It's got short range, and it's really slow. However, spamming anything can be countered. The only spamming I would consider cheap would be to do so in a three or four player free-for-all, but it's not like those exist in competitive tournaments.

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
I don't think it's so much that Wolf is the WORST spammer, but that he is the most POPULAR character to spam with, in my experience anyway. Kirby can punish his spam with a little patience so it doesnt hinder me that much. But they are anooying, b/c if you get too close they can turn the spam right into a forward smash spam, and if you dodge that he just A combos you. Wolf seems to have an almost unstopable close range game. With Patience and timeing (which is hard online :() you can beat Wolf spammers. I really don't like playing them though, it gets boreing...ones who use skill are more fun to fight, but that close range game of his is still anooying so I try to avoid Wolf players.

naevorc

Smash Apprentice
Why are you complaining. If they're spamming it's probably an opportunity for you to strike back.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
There are a lot of more spammy and annoying characters than wolf. Pit, Olimar, Pikachu, Toon Link, Zelda, and don't even get me started on falco's lasers. They're like wolf's but faster, more rapid, and have longer range. I don't really care that much though since spammers are generally bad players that don't know what else to do.

§witch

Smash Lord
B*tch, b*tch, b*tch. God I don't go to the kirby board and whine about how gay he is. God we get like 3745467454645 f*ckin threads whining that wolf is cheap 'cause he owns them. STFU!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
If you can effectively win while abusing Wolf's lasers you deserve to win.

gamadaya

Smash Rookie
If you can effectively win while abusing Wolf's lasers you deserve to win.
Well put. That's about all that needs to be said. If the attack is effective, then so be it. I use the laser all the time, and I will say that it takes quite a bit of skill to use effectivley. Just spamming it will never work against my friends.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I don't necessarily SPAM, but I do use the Fsmash, laser, and dsmash quite often.
I only do so because I literally had a fox on my tail.
I swear, Fox's lasers are too much.
I mean, when you think it's over....---------------!
Just like that he starts again.
And, I don't find the lv.9 Fox too different from my own....

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
if spam works, use it... how ever this is coming from a pit mainer so it might not be saying much

also if you cant avoid spam, well shame on you

MarthFTW330

Smash Rookie
First of all, Wolf's blaster speed isn't worth crap. sure, you can get a few shots in, but not before your opponent comes in and smashes you. Also, using an attack over and over isn't always nooby, because if something coming to attack you, and say i'm fox or pit, i would use my projectile to try and repel them, but i wouldn't use that projectile the whole game. For example, I love using Marth. He's a beast if you can use him right. I would call myself a ssbb player, but i'm not a total pro, because i'm still trying to learn how to use counter. But anyways, back to the spamming part, i'll use dancing blade and dolphin slash a ton in the beginning to build up the damage, and then ill go in for the kill with shield breaker and smash attacks, with shielding and throws thrown into the mix. So do i spam dancing blade in the match? Yes, i do, in the beginning, but not the whole thing, only to get an easier KO. And if you are complaining about spammers, learn how to counter, don't just call them a noob and move on.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
I think that people need to find ways around spamming like dodging jumping reflectings etc, instead of complaining.

EDIT: I think the more annoying moves of his are actually fsmash, but hes a good character when used right.

Wolfang

Smash Journeyman
I believe I speak for a lot of people when I say spamming takes no skill, and it's annoying. Spamming your laser will just give you a bad rep. Not only is it annoying and takes no skill to do, it's downright noob-ish of anyone to do so. I have to say that wolf is the worst spammer out, next to pit. Does anyone share the same beliefs?

:confused:But it's so slow...it can't be that hard to escape. If someone is SOMEHOW spamming it, it's your golden opportunity to jump them from above. I mean, you can:

Shield
Dodge
Counter (only if your close)
Reflect
Jump
Or Even Get Hit

but you can still see the next shot coming and react in time. The only reason I would find someone like that annoying is because they are no competition.

Top Bottom