• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attacks On Shield Diddy Can Infinite Out Of.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I decided to compile a list of moves that when attacked on our shield we should be able to infinite out of. This isn't complete and it may take a while to do so because not every character board has the frame data we need to know this (particularly what they're shield advantage is). Our banana hits from a normal dthrow on frame 6, if we decide to glidetoss it either front or back it means we add an extra frame so frame 7. Most moves at higher levels of play will be spaced so we can't punish them as easily, meaning we might have the frame advantage to start an infinite, but we don't have the range on our glidetoss to do it. Other moves might be able to push us back in our shield so we're out of range also, so keep that in mind when reading this thread. We may be able to infinite out of some moves if we powershield them instead, they are not listed.

:metaknight:
[COLLAPSE="Meta Knight"]
Jab:
Shield advantage after 2nd hit: -8. Can infinite
Shield advantage after3rd hit: -8. Can infinite

Dtilt:
Shield advantage: -11. Can infinite

Ftilt:
Shield advantage after 1st hit: -19. Can infinite
Shield advantage after 2nd hit: -30. Can infinite
Shield advantage after 3rd hit: -30. Can infinite
*MK can cancel 1st/2nd hits into 2nd/3rd hits before you can infinite on 1st/2nd hits.

Utilt:
Shield advantage: -25. Can infinite

Dash Attack:
Shield advantage: ? (not listed). Can infinite (MK boards don't have shield advantage listed, however it hit's on frame 5-11 cooldown frame 12-31, I doubt it has enough shield hitlag to not have frame advantage)

Fsmash:
Shield advantage: -12. Can infinite

Dsmash:
Shield advantage after first hit: -25. Can infinite
Shield advantage after second hit: -20 Can infinite

Usmash:
Shield advantage: -31. Can infinite

Nair:
Shield advantage after strong hit: -11. Can infinite
Shield advantage after weak hit: -15 Can infinite
*weak hit autocancelled nair we can't technically infinite because it's -2 shield advantage, but it's unrealistic to get it.

Fair:
Shield advantage: -9. Can infinite

Bair:
Shield advantage: -13. Can infinite

Dair:

Uair:
Shield advantage: -10 Can infinite

Tornado:
Shield advantage: Can vary, if not autocancelled then infinitable if not then not infinitable

Shuttle Loop:
Puts MK in air, cannot infinite

Dimensional Cape:
?

Less than 100% ledge attack:
Shield advantage: -28. Can infinite

Greater than 100% ledge attack:
Shield advantage: -27 Can infinite

Glide Attack:
Shield advantage: -3 hard landing/-1 soft landing. Cannot infinite

Need: Get up attack +/- 100%
[/COLLAPSE]

:zerosuitsamus:
[COLLAPSE="Zero-Suit Samus"]
Jab 1:
Shield advantage: -17. Can infinite

Jab 2:
Shield advantage: -19. Can infinite

Jab 3:
Shield advantage: -19. Can infinite

*note jabs 1 and 2 can cancel into jabs 2 and 3 where we can't infinite.

Dash Attack:
Shield advantage: -24. Can infinite

Ftilt Up:
Shield advantage: -21. Can infinite

Ftilt Neutral:
Shield advantage: -21. Can infinite

Ftilt Down:
Shield advantage: -18. Can infinite

Utilt:
Shield advantage: -42. Can infinite

Dtilt:
Shield advantage: -16. Can infinite

Fsmash:
Shield advantage: -47. Can infinite

Usmash:
First hit shield advantage: -40. Can infinite
Second hit shield advantage: -20. Can infinite

Dsmash:
Shield advantage: -4. Cannot infinite

Nair:

Fair1:
Shield advantage: -15. Can infinite

Fair2:
Shield advantage: -14. Can infinite

Bair:
Shield advantage: -6. Can infinite with normal dthrow only

Uair (sweetspot):
Shield advantage: -7. Can infinite

Uair (sourspot):
Shield advantage: -8. Can infinite

Dair:
Shield advantage: -35. Can infinite

Get up attack U:
Shield advantage: -33. Can infinite

Get up attack D:
Shield advantage: -32. Can infinite

Trip attack:
Shield advantage: -31. Can infinite

Neutral Special W:
Shield advantage: 1. Cannot infinite

Neutral Special S:
Shield advantage: 2. Cannot infinite

Side Special:
Shield advantage: -11. Can infinite

Up Special:
Shield advantage: -34. Can infinite

Down Special:
?

Source: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305271&highlight=Complete+ZSS+frame+data
[/COLLAPSE]

Here's how you can help me, link me to other character board's frame data (WITH Shield advantage or some kind of shield frame data, not just when the move starts/hits/ends). We don't need characters we can't do the normal grizzfinite on (Luigi, Squirtle, Ice Climbers, DK, D3, ROB, etc.)

Limeee

Smash Champion
getting an infinite punish off mks dtilt sounds pretty huge but i guess it would require the mk to have very poor spacing

is it a solid option to punish dsmash off of perfect or even decent spacing? i assume you'd have alot more time to drift over after you shield it :/

interesting thread

:009:

Player-1

Smash Legend
ya I posted that in the OP, it'd be pretty difficult to take shield knockback into consideration when you can ISSDI stuff. Also, you'd still be able to infinite some people with shield knockback when they hit right next to you and may not be able to when you're just a couple of steps over, it's pretty hard to measure. You can use common sense (something that you don't really have so it doesn't really surprise me you think it's dumb).

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
It's kind of hard to use common sense when you only have about 7 frames to decide whether to go for the infinite or not

Player-1

Smash Legend
And that's why this thread exists..., so you don't spend time thinking on if the move is infinitable or not

:phone:

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Pretty much any attack we can shield grab, we can also infinite. This is a hell of a lot easier to remember than this huge list.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
There are only a few moves in the entire game that are not punishable by a shield grab when spaced incorrectly. I think it would save you a hell of a lot of time if you listed only those moves instead

Player-1

Smash Legend
I'd update it but most of the char boards don't have shield advantage, I have to find the formula for shield advantage via the info given

:phone:

Vega4

Smash Ace
This topic is pretty interesting. I asume it works for starting the infinite with the short hop downthrow...
Does it also works (if we are facing away) with the glidetoss backward-nana down start?

Keep updating this (for example, what about Marth?), and upload if you have a video of a real match using some of this stuff for starting the infinite out of shield

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
How do you infinite out of ZSS' 2nd hit sideB on shield when it's fully spaced? Glide toss towards ZSS (ie both the glide and the toss are towards ZSS) --> running jump--> catch the banana and continue infinite?

Cause I have trouble believing a banana toss will hit in 11 frames from that range.

Player-1

Smash Legend
We probably can't, I was just listing anything we can do framewise since that's the hardest part to know, it'd be pretty obvious in the situation if you can make it or not so I just let people decide that for themselves

Zinoto

Smash Lord
You just need 2 bananas.

Toss the first one at zss --> pick up the second one and run up to zss --> footstool while she is tripping --> infinite.

EDIT: Nvm, read the OP more carefully this time lol.

Top Bottom