• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South Logic Problems Thread!

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
that's a very complicated one; but what's more complicated is that it was very unclear what you meant. For the longest time I thought it was the 'cross out the dots game' but I assume you place 1 penny per turn. So the winning strategy is held by player 1. Player 1 places his penny in the center of the table. Whereever player 2, the devil apparently, places his penny, player 1 places his penny in a straight line across from the penny player 1 placed so that the pennies would have a midpoint at the center penny. This strategy ensures that whenever your opponent has room to play a penny, so do you.

edit: basically, mirror your opponent.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
that's a very complicated one; but what's more complicated is that it was very unclear what you meant. For the longest time I thought it was the 'cross out the dots game' but I assume you place 1 penny per turn. So the winning strategy is held by player 1. Player 1 places his penny in the center of the table. Whereever player 2, the devil apparently, places his penny, player 1 places his penny in a straight line across from the penny player 1 placed so that the pennies would have a midpoint at the center penny. This strategy ensures that whenever your opponent has room to play a penny, so do you.

edit: basically, mirror your opponent.

yeah, thats exactly right. And sorry I wasnt clear, but you do take turns placing pennies. (For anyone who doesnt understand how the game works, you simply take turns placing pennies on a surface until the surface runs out of room, the only limits on placing are no overlapping).
Also, learn to spoiler!

Veggi

Smash Champion
"10 people are stuck on an island. They are found by a cannibalistic tribe. The tribe decides to play a game with them for their survival. They give them a night to decide on a strategy for the game. The next day, a bag of infinite black and red hats with a 50/50 chance to pull either is used. Each person is lined up so that they can see only the people in front of them. Each person is to say the color of their hat and if they are right, they live and if not they die. The people in front of them do not know if the person saying the color of their hat dies or not, but they can hear what color they give.

Each person must say either black or red only. Another restriction is that you can have them say it in a way to mean something or whatever, just straight up red or black.

> > > > > > > > > >

What is the strategy to save the most people guaranteed and how many people can you save this way?"

Ummmm... I might be missing something important here, but would this work?

Everyone takes off their hats and looks at them. 10 saved.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
here's a new one; its kind of old and not really good. Most people won't get it because the answer is so odd. But here it is:

a man lives on the 15th floor of a building. He rides down the full 15 floors on an elevator. But every day when he returns, he gets off on the 12th floor and walks up the remaining 3 floors. Why?

It has nothing to do with floor 13th. Its not because of exercise. And it has nothing to do with being an 'up' elevator vs a 'down' elevator (i.e., the same elevator can transport people both up and down).

Here's a hint to get you started in the right direction:

coincidentally, whenever he returns for the day and goes up to his room, no one boards the elevator with him or gets on before it reaches the 12th floor.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
here's some easy ones:

how many eggs can you eat on an empty stomach?

what was the tallest mountain in the world before they discovered Mt. Everest?

a man is carrying 3 balls. The man weighs 150 lbs and each of the balss weigh 1 lb. The rope bridge he has to cross can hold 152 lbs before snapping. How does the man get himself and all 3 balls across in 1 trip, assuming he can't throw the balls across?

Top Bottom