• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South IRC - Join it People-

dguy6789

Smash Lord
The amount of chatter going on in the irc is directly related to the number of people in it. If there are not many people in it, there is a greater chance that they all might be off doing something else. The people who do want to chat will get bored and leave. It is a circle that will slowly destroy the irc if enough people aren't in at once. The more people in it at once, the higher the chance that at least someone in there is able to chat.

My recommendation is to just install the program, join the channel, and just leave it running minimized if you don't feel like chatting at the time. This way, when people come in to see if anybody is in, they will see a decent number of people and feel compelled to stay.

It is really quite an enjoyable setup. Yes chat rooms can be created on aim, but these do not exist permanently and sometimes some people's aim name are not known, so they aren't invited in. This way is much more efficient. Running Mirc doesn't slow your pc down or take up much space.

A lot of interesting discussions have taken place, both smash and non smash related.

Besides this, there is brawl. If we make this irc successful, then this is how easy it will be to play Brawl with your fellow Floridians: You just walk over to your computer, open up the irc, and say "Anybody up for a game of brawl?" Whoever is in there who is down for a game will let you know. That is how simple it will be.

Yes there is always aim, but it isn't so simple. There may be no one online on your buddy list that wants to play Brawl at the time, while the IRC just might have a couple people.

Peace.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I'll definitely use it more during brawl, but I've been a bit busy lately. I've enjoyed the times I've been in it though.

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
The amount of chatter going on in the irc is directly related to the number of people in it. If there are not many people in it, there is a greater chance that they all might be off doing something else. The people who do want to chat will get bored and leave. It is a circle that will slowly destroy the irc if enough people aren't in at once. The more people in it at once, the higher the chance that at least someone in there is able to chat.

My recommendation is to just install the program, join the channel, and just leave it running minimized if you don't feel like chatting at the time. This way, when people come in to see if anybody is in, they will see a decent number of people and feel compelled to stay.

It is really quite an enjoyable setup. Yes chat rooms can be created on aim, but these do not exist permanently and sometimes some people's aim name are not known, so they aren't invited in. This way is much more efficient. Running Mirc doesn't slow your pc down or take up much space.

A lot of interesting discussions have taken place, both smash and non smash related.

Besides this, there is brawl. If we make this irc successful, then this is how easy it will be to play Brawl with your fellow Floridians: You just walk over to your computer, open up the irc, and say "Anybody up for a game of brawl?" Whoever is in there who is down for a game will let you know. That is how simple it will be.

Yes there is always aim, but it isn't so simple. There may be no one online on your buddy list that wants to play Brawl at the time, while the IRC just might have a couple people.

Peace.
Dguy's Logix ftw

Top Bottom