• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AT Confirmed: Double Stick Tech (Double Stick DI)

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
I'm sorry, I can't get a vid up. We were playing the full copy of Brawl this weekend and a friend of mine who plays Jigglypuff in melee double stuck Marth's Forward Smash while playing Ike. If anyone else could try this out and get a vid up that would be awesome.

Edit: Here's Magus' vid of Melee Double Stick Teching, sorry for the confusion >.<
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei-iOIN32i4
I might be able to get a hold of some recording equipment tomorrow, but don't hold your breath. It would be great if someone else could put one up.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Well, like with the AMC, make sure you do the testing in practice mode, because the Decay will make it look like you're doing better.
-DD

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
Double Stick DI is when you DI with both the CONTROL STICK AND THE C STICK, and like most DI is usually accompanied by Smash DI.

What his friend allegedly did was DI with both sticks (likely Smash DI'd as well) and SURVIVED marth's 1HKO FS. Which is believable because Roy's fully charged B was also Smash DI-able with Double Sticking.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
AT can also stand for "advanced technique," as in a strategy not explained anywhere in the game that's useful for competitive play.
EDIT: Gah, too slow.

updated first post
While you're at it, get rid of the "y" in the title so the newbies don't get any more confused =P

Magus420

Smash Master
While you may be able to still ASDI into the ground to tech, has it specifically been tested that the c-stick's input overrides the control stick's input for ASDI? If it hasn't then you can't exactly say DS-DI is confirmed as well just yet.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
While you may be able to still ASDI into the ground to tech, has it specifically been tested that the c-stick's input overrides the control stick's input for ASDI? If it hasn't then you can't exactly say DS-DI is confirmed as well just yet.
That's a good point. All I know is that Marth's forward smash hit Ike, and Ike rolled along the ground very similarly to the way one would DS-DI in Melee. If the input is different the effect is similar. Unfortunately I have no evidence to back my claim at the moment.

Sorry Uraj, as much as I like your sig, DS-DI was in Melee. I'm hardly inventing DLX-Hit-Canceling. I saw something useful, and am reporting it to the community. Unless I'm being trolled.

Mama

Smash Ace
This Assist Trophy sounds terrible. Also doesn't sound very new. Also stop racing to see who can find more 'advanced techs' first.
It honestly can't be helped. However not every AT thread should be lumped together. This one is a legit informative post. Threads like the *input cheesy name her* AT discovered are ones where the poster is simply trying to get credit for it and can be considered part of the foolish race. Threads like this are informing you of things that should be looked at seriously since the guy isn't really seeking all the credit.

ScythedBlade

Smash Cadet
BTW, Marth's Final Smash is Auto-Kill just so you know ... if it hits and you don't dodge of course ..

Hence the FE bars drainage to 0, if anyone noticed ...

Although I'm still wondering if zelda's arrow is an auto-ko ..

Kruton

Smash Ace
BTW, Marth's Final Smash is Auto-Kill just so you know ... if it hits and you don't dodge of course ..

Hence the FE bars drainage to 0, if anyone noticed ...

Although I'm still wondering if zelda's arrow is an auto-ko ..

"Marth's Fsmash" = Marth's Forward Smash

Wow, a lot of people in here are very acronym...challenged.

I like this tech, I wanna see a video. I still somewhat don't understand it, but it seems hardcore.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
I was there for Leon's story. Our friend prides himself on being able to hit double stick techs very consistently in Melee with Jigglypuff, he does the same thing he usually does (c-stick down, analog stick perpendicular to attack) and he teched it in the exact same way it looks in Melee.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
I like how all these new people to smash don't know what DI is or Double Stick DIing is...

Double Sticking is awesome. Because Jigglypuff makes a trap lol.

S2

Smash Lord
If double-stick DI is really possible in Brawl, then TC, get a vid up for us!

Given how much more pronounced DI in Brawl - wow, who knows how long matches will go with this.

Top Bottom