• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Assist Trophies: The End of the World!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Wobbles, I love your avatar.

On topic, I think most of you were setting yourself up for dissapointment anyway by hoping for ridiculously unlikely characters. Dark Samus? Come on. You also seem to forget that the characters are just shells, and what's really important is the gameplay.
Quoted for burning falsehood. The casual quarter mostly plays to see their favorite Nintendo characters smash the crap out of eachother. That's kind of the entire hook of the game! If I didn't care about characters I'd just go engineer the perfect fighter in Mugen using only stick figures.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
don't some people get it that SONIC is NEVER EVER EVER going to be in SSBB he is not nintendo so he will never be in the game. this has been explained too many times
Are you ****ing serious? Ever heard of someone called "Snake"? You know...from Metal gear Solid...also not Nintendo! And guess what? He made it into the game. If Sakurai pays any attention at all, Sonic will be in the game.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
On topic, I think most of you were setting yourself up for dissapointment anyway by hoping for ridiculously unlikely characters. Dark Samus? Come on. You also seem to forget that the characters are just shells, and what's really important is the gameplay.
Nooooo...
:urg:
If the characters were just shells, they'd all have the same moveset and just different costumes. That's a ridiculous thing to say about any fighting game in the world! We play characters because they're good fighters. We play them because they can kick @$$. Heck, we play them becuase we love them!
*sighs and rubs forehead*
And then you come along and say "Characters are just shells, gameplay's what matters.":mad: Now, while I admire Nintendo for coming up with Smash Bros., I would still play a Soul Calibur-esque fighting game with Nintedo characters, because of the characters. Gameplay is important, but characters are even more important.

...IMO. :p

Actually, a Soul Calibur-type fighting game with Nintendo characters might be really fun. It would work, too. Link was really good in SC2.

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
In the end, any character who's not going to be in would not have been in if it weren't for the ATs.
Ridley, for example, will NOT be an AT. He's quite a main character, and there's no reason for him not to be playable.
Especially when you consider he appears in more games than any other character aside from Samus, and his high score on Sakurai's poll.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
We don't need three topics about Assists. There's one in the General room, and now there's one in the Character room, because this one's closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom