• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Assassin in Altea Mafia Game Start (Long Live the King)

D

Deleted member

Kon slipped by saying he wants to narrow down the suspects for the king. Everyone but the assassin knows who the king is.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I would rather have more indepth discussion then sudden lynching.

After all the game ends when the assassin uses their one shot, even if we successfully lynch them.

We are better off discussing things and throwing multiple ideas onto the board to get people to tick then narrowing the pool of suspects for both the assassin and the king.
This isn't a slip. He's saying that it's better to discuss to get reads than to randomly lynch, which would narrow the pools of suspects for the assassin (so yay town!) but also the king (boo!!!)

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I don't think Kon is careless enough to make a slip like that.

I do think that the assassin would try to frame it as a slip and push it.

D

Deleted member

Random lynch is objectively the superior option in this game though.

D

Deleted member

How so? It limits reads for the assassins but it makes the win essentially a coin flip.
No it doesn't because we can only lynch Guards or the Assassin.
First lynch is a 1/5, then 1/4 then 1/3. For the assassin, it's a 4/5, then 3/4 then 2/3 chances of surviving, put that together and you get 24/60 aka 2/5 for them to survive all lynches, the odds are in our favor.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Oh, huh

I can see where that thought process is coming from now

Although I still don't want to lynch Kon when he's said literally nothing LOL

Hummm, I'll ponder about this. Direct is in six minutes anyways ayyyyyy

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
We are better off discussing things and throwing multiple ideas onto the board to get people to tick then narrowing the pool of suspects for both the assassin and the king.
Oh, now I get it, it's a typo. It makes it read as if he wants to get ideas out in order to narrow down the king's and assassin's identities, when he actually means he wants to get ideas out instead of just lynching and narrowing down the pool of people the assassin can shoot at if we don't lynch them first.

I dunno if that makes me want to move my vote, though. I mean, he voted for me, so maybe I should just take the option of revenge. :p

I'm a bit wary of Ura's reluctance to do much of anything except "I want more discussion", so he'd be next on my list right now. The assassin would be the one most likely to need more discussion, rather than the guards, because they're the one most in need of information.

I'll think about it some more once the Direct is over with. :p

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Thank you Pokechu, alright. I agree that Kon has not done anything concerning and honestly I kinda reject the full-on random lynch strategy even on a personal level. If we just flip coins until we pick the assassin then what is even the point of this?

Unvote: Pokechu
Vote: Shishoe

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
At this point the random lynch strategy is kind of spoiled anyway. The purpose of it is to force the assassin to kill with zero information or discourse to go on, giving them a 50/50 chance of winning at worst if we lynch three guards before finding the assassin (of which it is mathematically unlikely they would survive that long) - and if they attempt to protest the lynch when it's on them, they out themselves as the assassin. Every new piece of information only serves to increase their odds of winning - the guards and king don't need any new information, because they already are the informed ones. But at this point there's already information out there for the assassin to use, plus debate over the efficacy of random lynching, so it can't really work at this point because rejecting the lynch no longer confirms the target as the assassin.

I'm not moving my vote off Kon yet, though. There are others I have my doubts about, but I don't see him as being in the clear yet.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
None of us will ever be in the clear. So feel free to do what you wish moydow. I will not remove my vote off you either.

Beyond yourself, shishoe and ura are also giving me more suspicious tones the longer this goes on.

D

Deleted member

This is why you always put deadlines in your games.
Just lynch me if you guys want though, there's no reason for me to fight it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
**** now I feel bad for encouraging people not to lynch lol.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Vote count:
Pokechu:
Shishœ: 2 (Holder, Pokechu)
Moydow: 1 (LoneKonWolf)
Ura:
Holder of the Heel:
LoneKonWolf: 3 (Shishœ, Moydow, Ura)

-----
My vote is staying where it is, for at least as long as Kon is one vote short of being lynched. I'm not convinced yet of the merit of lynching Shish instead, unless it's to just end the damn round already. Or even lynch me for all I care, anything so we can make some actual progress.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Or y'all can vote for little ol' me if that means something actually happens in this game.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Legit lets just have a majority vote already guys. Even if it's on me.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier
I think for the good of this game and everyone part, i think you need to pull the plug on this phase and add a timer in the next.

Its been 5 days now. That would not be a problem in a game that had multiple things to discuss and tells to entwined. But this is a small one meant to end quickly and fill in time with most players informed. Its quite clear there is nothing left to discuss and its time for the host to move forward and offer more in game info the players to use to carry on discussion and ideas along with hunting.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
. . . Fire.

I was the one lynched.

And you mentioned the king in that spoiler.

I'm such an idiot. I should've been more careful. That's what happens when you try to fix things when you come home from work super tired.
I'm sorry guys

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
There's another user here. So I think I might end the game prematurely due to my own errors, I'm not feeling to great after that really bad mistake. Sorry

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

I'm such an idiot. I should've been more careful. That's what happens when you try to fix things when you come home from work super tired.
I'm sorry guys
I'm the only one whos around as far as i can tell. So just sawp my info with ahishes and remove any mentioned of them. Though yes, your self is more important than a game. If you are of not best condition then don't do it hold it off and care for yourself first.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
It says three users, it's you, me, and Kon.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
The fourth didn't see the pre-edited post though, I believe.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Don't sweat it Fire, this was supposed to be a short, bite-sized game anyways, if you keep it going, great, or if you end it early, there's no shame.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
It gives way too much info to those that were here, anyway so I'm just going to end the game and get some rest. Sorry to all that were hoping to finish this game. I'll post results of who everyone was later. For now, I apologize as this is the 2nd time I made a big host error.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I didn't see the message, no worries.

If I must pick a King, it would have to be Ura.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
The only person who did was pokechu as I'm suppose to be dead. But is fair enough. Don't sweat it much fire as this isn't anything big at all of a game. Just keep it in mind that personal life and performance comes first before a fourm. Make a notice if you re tired and do it at next convence. People are more understanding and patient then you think.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I was actually considering just poisoning him for the past few hours after seeing everyone wanting things to move on, but I held off in an attempt to prevail over my impulsive tendencies.

So would I have won or lost?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
My mod powers can confirm only Kon and Pokechu were online at the time the post was removed, so they were the only people who could have seen it.

Though if you still don't feel like continuing the game, then that's fine. Better to look after yourself ahead of something like this, of course.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So would I have won or lost?
So you're the assassin? Well,
<<=======

I was sitting right under your nose this whole time and you never noticed a thing. I was worried my avatar would make me the obvious target, but apparently not. :p

I was actually about to switch my vote to you just before Kon called to end the phase early, too. Dunno if that would have convinced you to target me instead or not.

Top Bottom