• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Assassin in Altea Mafia Game Start (Long Live the King)

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I'm just going to take it that Shishoe either has a grudge against you, or just desires you to be the enemy. His single-minded closure from the previous FE mafia game proved that heartily and especially since Vaanrose said that was the second time he pulled such an act.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
"finish this phase"

"please vote Pokechu"

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
The objective of the game is to make the assassin waste their kill shot on a guard, not simply to lynch them. We don't want to give them information with which to narrow down the identity of the king, even if it means we in turn can narrow down the identity of the assassin - lynching them is not the end of the game. If anything the people looking to generate discourse to the end of figuring out identities are the ones making themselves most suspicious.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
If we do not find the assassin however moydow, then the assassin can sit around. If we lynch them we force them to use it. If we willy nilly at random and come up incorrect then we only shorten the pool.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah guys lets not rush to a Chu lynch so quickly. He's done like nothing to warrant that.

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna assume none of you read the article on the wiki saying the best course of action in this game is to simply lynch at random because stop acting like we benefit from accidentally leaking the king's identity.
narrowing the pool of suspects for both the assassin and the king.
Never****ing mind

Unvote: Pokechu
Vote: LoneKonWolf

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I'm gonna assume none of you read the article on the wiki saying the best course of action in this game is to simply lynch at random because stop acting like we benefit from accidentally leaking the king's identity.

Never****ing mind

Unvote: Pokechu
Do you actually desire for the king to slowly get found out Shishoe? or is there something else that you disagree upon that sentence?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah we should have discussion before going about any lynch and taking out a player so early. That what makes Mafia fun in the first place. Making reads based off others posts.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
The best way to proceed in this game does appear to be to simply lynch people and see what happens, however. Eventually we are bound to strike the assassin, and if they have no discourse with which to guess at the king's identity, they have the least chance to win. Like I said, discussion works against us in this game. Kind of un-Mafia-like, but that is how it is when the minority are the uninformed ones.

narrowing the pool of suspects for both the assassin and the king.
...That said, I am curious as to how exactly it benefits us to narrow down the identity of the king?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
The best way to proceed in this game does appear to be to simply lynch people and see what happens, however. Eventually we are bound to strike the assassin, and if they have no discourse with which to guess at the king's identity, they have the least chance to win. Like I said, discussion works against us in this game. Kind of un-Mafia-like, but that is how it is when the minority are the uninformed ones.

...That said, I am curious as to how exactly it benefits us to narrow down the identity of the king?
Your reading then wrong

As in, not to.

Perhaps throwing in "then to" would of been more clear, but the intent of that sentence was to not make the pool of players smaller so the assassin and the king have less to hide in.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
you guys can lynch me, you guys aren't wrong in that randomly lynching and going from there seems to be best for this setup

Vote Pokechu

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
A set-up that discourages activity? I can see that, although I actually think there is motivation for a type of activity given that the game practically ends once the assassin makes an attempt on someone's life, but the problem is is that trying to explain it aloud kinda undermines the idea.

Randomly lynching the players one-by-one is ehhh. I mean it's difficult to initiate anything right now certainly without being random, but if we keep it up we are actually most likely to whittle down the suspects for the assassin because the odds are in their favor.

So I'm actually trying to think about anyone who wants limited information because if, between guards and the assassin, which one would be less interested in giving away their position is obviously the latter because it should be harder to detect what a guard knows specifically as opposed to detecting the assassin that is the only one ignorant and doesn't want the others to realize they don't know as much as the rest.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Guys, we have to do something!
What do you propose we do? :ultchrom:
I-I dunno!

*one dice roll later*

If the other people who haven't voted yet can get a vote in at some point this year, that'd be cool. :p

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Vote Count
Pokechu-
(2) Holder, Pokechu
Shishoe-
Moydow-
Ura-
Holder of the Heel-
LoneKonWolf-
(2) Shishoe, Moydow

Not Voting: Ura, LoneKonWolf
With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Was gone for a while due to some things happened so I just got caught up now.

I sorta agree with what some are saying but my thought process with the game is that we could outright avoid lynching anyone and continue to feel out everyone in the game. The more we get a feel for someone and their "positioning" so to speak, the more of a chance we have to weed out the potential assassin.

Maybe that works better in theory than practice but that's how I see it.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Everyone should have a vote down right now. We've two players not giving information by virtue of picking out a target. Ura Ura LoneKonWolf LoneKonWolf To be fair, either one of you could have ended Pokechu with just another vote and opted not to, and I'm not entirely sure an assassin would do that unless they were afraid that being the one to "hammer" the lynch it'll look bad after the fact.

Well, actually three players aren't truly voting. Pokechu Pokechu , get your vote off yourself and move it somewhere else please. I promise that when I see you do that, I'll set you back to zero votes, assuming the above two don't go for you.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm holding my vote off for a bit.

Like I said, voting (and by proxy lynching) is what the assassin would want. Lowering the pool of candidates so they get a better idea who to target.

By not going about that and getting reads off each other indirectly, we have a better chance of catching the scum even if he tries to bluff his way out of it.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I'll comply unlike the coward Ura is and trying to be as neutral field as possible

Vote: Moydow

If moydow choice of words do not give me a bad vibe i'll put my vote on ura instead.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Huh? Not putting a vote in to not give the killer what he wants is a "cowardly" act? That doesn't register with me dude.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Its quite clear everyone wants something on the table. By continuing to refusal to comply you are only distancing yourself from everyone.

And considering this is a game of an informed majority vs an uninformed minority. Distance is what yields you to be most suspect.

And someone who is only by meagin taking complete neutrality is something someone who is dangerous would only want.

D

Deleted member

Not lynching only benefits the killer, it allows them to stay alive for as long as they want and then all they need is to wait for one of the guards to make a slip.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I never once claimed I wanted neutrality. I only said I wanted the playing field to be unfavorable to the assassin. Being that they get frustrated with the non-voting and slowly, but surely show signs of who they are.

Surely that's not a horrible thing to want is it?

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Circumstance will force suspects to trickle down regardless, unless we just do and say nothing. So it would be better if we tried to take control of how it trickles down. There's probably a life metaphor somewhere in that lol.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Not lynching only benefits the killer, it allows them to stay alive for as long as they want and then all they need is to wait for one of the guards to make a slip.
Who's to say the guards are going to slip? They can't get clued in at all without the lynching process.
Considering the assassin has all the benefits to waiting while the guards don't. Yes.
I don't see how that happens while the killer has to keep guessing.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Vote Count
Pokechu-
(2) Holder, Pokechu
Shishoe-
Moydow-
(1) LoneKonWolf
Ura-
Holder of the Heel-
LoneKonWolf-
(2) Shishoe, Moydow

Not Voting: Ura,
With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I should also make note that even with my vote, their still wouldn't be a LyLo.

Let's connect the dots peeps.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Another thing i'll like to point out, Ura you are the only one who hasn't voted yet.

You claim its to level the playing field to be unfair to the assassin and to hold it off, but at the same time you are the one odd man out here, everyone else has voted with certainty or at least without remorse.

Yet you you are acting like you are scared with your vote.

And the only person who has the most reason to be scared with their vote, is the one who is not informed to the identity of the king, in other words your actions are the most suitable to be the assassin right now Ura.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Fine, if you want me to have a tenative vote so badly then here it is...

Haven't been getting the best vibes from you this game and I get a scum feel from you.

Gotta run to an Orientation so I'll catch you guys later.

D

Deleted member

"Welcome to Decisive Games, what's your ****ing order?"
"Please I just want to play the game"
"NO VOTING"

D

Deleted member

We're still at a stalemate where no one is doing anything. Meanwhile, the Assassin is examining this game for clues on who the king. I beg all of you to vote for either Pokechu or Lonnie seeing as they have the most votes right now.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well, I did just that.

And honestly said assassin doesn't have that much to go by. He'd be frustrating himself with the mental gymnastics of it all.

Top Bottom