• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ask your stupid/simple questions here!

ynnek123

Smash Ace
How do you turn off the music? As in, you only have sound effects. I found it nowhere, and have no idea what I would have to search for, so can anyone help me -_-

I have PAL version if that matters

ok lol, you can ask your questions here now, and one of our kind members will answer! no flaming please and ask away :)

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Options>Sounds>Music

I don't know how PAL works, might have to unlock it or something.

Skylord

Smash Apprentice
On any other forums, of any other game, a question of this sort would have gotten about 1000 flames and troll responses... ****, I love the Smash community so much.

SHDW23

Smash Journeyman
can we keep this thread open and have it be the center for simple/stupid questions so that people who are really willing to help such as SpaceFalcon can do so and the people who want to harass/flame n00bs can just avoid it?

Skylord

Smash Apprentice
My comment was not sarcastic, if that's what you were thinking. Personally, sometimes I want to ask stupid questions but I'm too afraid to do so... (and I'm not saying ynnek123's question was stupid, btw)

Skylord

Smash Apprentice
Don't be pissed just because there's no one here at 2am that knows the answer to your question.

SHDW23

Smash Journeyman
i was serious too, if that was in question. i really think this thread could turn out to be an excellent thread.

and in that spirit i have a question, why don't people use/read the official everything thread? it seems like nobody else reads it, it really quite an impressive collection of information.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
How do you turn off the music? As in, you only have sound effects. I found it nowhere, and have no idea what I would have to search for, so can anyone help me -_-

I have PAL version if that matters
I dont awnser stupid questions..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... You go to options, the sound thing and then there is a bar and which shows music and sound and then you move it to the sound side, its very easy to find, just to process of elimination while you trying to find it.

ynnek123

Smash Ace
lol yea i got it already, thx anyways. swf is nice exept to the "brawl 08ers" lol. and w/e lol we can make this a stupid questions thread, but there arent many ppl here :p

SHDW23

Smash Journeyman
this is already in the official everything, but no one's told me whether or not it's old:

SHDW23 said:
NEW Universial AT???
i think i found something useful today. if it's old, just say so, i didn't search for it as i have no idea what it would be called. anyways here what it is: put your character within wavedashing or dashdancing distance of the edge (facing the edge) and wavedash or dash towards the edge. usually you would stop at the edge or slide off, right? well if you smash tap back towards the stage (as if to dash) just as you reach the edge you slide off and quickly grab the edge. i don't know much about it, the tap back seems to need to occur within a couple frames of reaching the edge (if not the frame where you reach the edge), and is possible with every character and can be preformed out of a dash if you are within dash dance range. in terms of speed grabbing the edge it seems to fall between a wavedash backwards with no fast fall and one with fast fall. as for uses i think that it can be used when you need to dash from a large distance and edge hog. instead of having to stop and turn around or jump bair, you can use this and it could also be good for mind games. it takes a little time to get the timing but once you get it it is pretty rewarding. again if this is old please just say so, but i have never seen it used and wouldn't know what to search for. and as i have no aptitude at playing in slow motion and have no video recording ability, help explaining this from people who do have those things would be appreciated.

edit: this does work with all characters. it also works out of a dash if you are in dashdance range
is this new or not?

SHDW23

Smash Journeyman
darn and here i thought i might have actually found something new, :urg: oh well...

Skylord

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that wasn't a new AT; nice try though. I think people should keep trying to find new AT's, I'm sure this game still has a couple more gems to offer.

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
How do I stop rolldodging? It wasn't as bad when I was only using Marth but now I'm trying to use Fox and his roll blows. I'm pretty new to the competitive community and I've noticed that most fox players *never* roll. I think part of the problem is that for some reason I can WD out of a run but not out of a dashdance. SHould I just practice turnaround WDs and dashdance WDs until I get it down? I think a good portion of why I'm getting pwned somuch is I like to rolldodge. Must be leftover habit from playing 64 hehe

okiyama

Smash Ace
You should just practice wavedash out of everything so you can always do it whatever the situation, becuase a wavedash is just a better roll. Also, you can run and do a slow dash dance at about the distance of a roll if you get the timing right and then do a jump canceled grab** so that you don't do the sloppy falling grab.

** If you press jump a few frames before you press grab it will act as if you are doing a standing grab, even if you are dashing, this is useful because the standing grab is faster and more accurate. The timing is really easy and eventaully it becomes like L Cancelling where you just do it on every grab.

Zodiac

Smash Master
There are a LOT of techniques that simply don't have a name or aernt talked about and are usually acquired through watching videos and what not.

Grunt

Smash Master
Here's one for Zodiac:
I forget, did the friendlies after the tournament get recorded, or did you just not get them off the tape? I really want to see me wobbling Dante. XD

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ok so i have a forum question;
You know how whenever a topic is closed there is a symbol is a lock, how come there are two diff versions of the symbol, like one is just a normal lock and the other is a lock with like an envelope behind it. Why is this?

I dunno I've just been wondering this for a long time.

Puffy

Smash Cadet
How far are the gaps in the tier list?

Example: The gap between Fox and Falco.

Roman.

Smash Champion
there's no like statistics behind it, the best people back in 06 or whatever came together, discussed it thoroughly and made the tier list... as far as i know atleast

Puffy

Smash Cadet
there's no like statistics behind it, the best people back in 06 or whatever came together, discussed it thoroughly and made the tier list... as far as i know atleast
Thanks for answering.

QuickSi1ver

Smash Cadet
Anyone have a tip on how to short hop? I'm trying to learn how to shffl with marth but am having a lot of trouble.

ynnek123

Smash Ace
How far are the gaps in the tier list?

Example: The gap between Fox and Falco.
Fox and Falco are pretty equal actually. then again, one spot in the melee tier list doesn't really mean anything. actually, beleive it or not, melee was MORE balanced then brawl. sure, fox got t3h sh1ne and marth's got t3h r4ng3, but low tier character can still beat top tier ones. of course it all depends on the player of the low tier character.(i.e. gimpyfish's bowser, bum's DK) In brawl, that is near impossible, because melee was more about skill and mindgames. brawl is about camping. who can't camp, can't be a winner.

Anyone have a tip on how to short hop? I'm trying to learn how to shffl with marth but am having a lot of trouble.
you don't need to shffl. you only need to grab, Fsmash, Fair and short hop double Fair :p
lol, you just need to flick the X or Y button really quickly. it doesn't depend on how hard, but how long. personally, I use the Y button(unlike almost every smash player) because it's easier for me. but I use R to shield/wavedash/L-cancel so, I'm pretty weird :p

Amide

Smash Lord
Fox and Falco are pretty equal actually. then again, one spot in the melee tier list doesn't really mean anything. actually, beleive it or not, melee was MORE balanced then brawl. sure, fox got t3h sh1ne and marth's got t3h r4ng3, but low tier character can still beat top tier ones. of course it all depends on the player of the low tier character.(i.e. gimpyfish's bowser, bum's DK) In brawl, that is near impossible, because melee was more about skill and mindgames. brawl is about camping. who can't camp, can't be a winner.
Meta Knight disagrees with you. But yes, gaps between tiers are far smaller than in Brawl.

Vro

Smash Lord
Fox and Falco are not equal, by any means.
The difference between Fox and Falco is just 1 tier spot, according to 06 Tier List. There is no value to the range of spots, so just think of them as Fox is 1, Sheik is 3, whatever. The real thing you need to be looking at is the matchup chart; that will help a lot more than who's higher on the tier list, because most people pick up more than one character.

Tips on short hopping: slide your thumb off of X, or just tap Y very lightly.

ynnek123

Smash Ace
with equal I mean, they aren't as good, but a skilled falco can win against fox. they also both have pretty good matchup and are both terrible vs sheik. an I said PRETTY equal, not equal :p

Puffy

Smash Cadet
I never asked you to compare Melee to Brawl.
Non-campers, btw.

ynnek123

Smash Ace
I never asked you to compare Melee to Brawl.
Non-campers, btw.
Jesus, that thing is ancient.
Those where the first "competitive" brawl matches ever and those were even still with items on iirc. the metagame has evolved to bair spam, grabbing and Wdee throw for DDD lol. Ike however, is a different story. he doesn't have a projectile or any fast spammable attacks(don't say jab), so he can't camp. ise ike top tier? no :p. Metaknight does have spammable attacks, is he top tier? yes! let's not begin about snake >_>

ynnek123

Smash Ace
you 2 stock your opponent while you have 0% left. you also have a 4 and five stock, but the five stock one never happens :p the 4 stock one is pretty common

ShadowMewtwo

Smash Cadet
This is actually for nintendo 64 well my friend that i believe to be a noob unfortunitly told me that a game from nintendo 64 if a game isn't working u should:
1. Blow in it and not spit on that(that one i believe)
or
2. put the game in front of an aircondition so the air is blowing into the bottom that you plug in it has to be at 60-64 degrees (this statement that he told me, actually works, but i highley doubt it what do you believe i know what i believe my friend is a noob)

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Blowing on it worked for my SEGA games, so I assume it will work for N64. Another question: how do you know if someone has replied to a post of yours? I don't think you need to look everywhere you posted.

ShadowMewtwo

Smash Cadet
Blowing on it worked for my SEGA games, so I assume it will work for N64. Another question: how do you know if someone has replied to a post of yours? I don't think you need to look everywhere you posted.
I suppose if they do what i just did "quote"

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I meant that if, let's say, you asked me a question on something I posted on another thread. How would I know to answer?

ShadowMewtwo

Smash Cadet
not really sure probly the same way i just joined a few days ago or was it a month im confused ask someone else if people actually look at this thread itd be nice to know

Top Bottom