• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ask Mango Falcon Questions =D and other things

vorgan12

Smash Rookie
You really really don't need to dash the direction you want to moonwalk with Falcon. Matter of factly you don't need to do that with any character. At most you have to WALK the direction you want to moonwalk. Even that isn't Falcon. I go from standing to moonwalk every time.

And like Spak said, you should go from the notch below horizontal to the opposite horizontal making sure to go between down and neutral.

FrenkM0J0

Smash Apprentice
Yo Mango
Do you have any tips for neutral in general?
How do I approach say an experienced space animal?
With the combo's themself I have no big issues but getting there is a major pain for me

Jebus244

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NOHANDLEB4RZ
Mang0,

In your opinion, why isn't falcon good enough to take a title?

If you think he is good enough, why hasn't he won lately?

And finally, who do you consider the best current Falcon?

Tjhardin21

Smash Rookie
Hey Mango, I am a huge fan! How do you use up air so efficiently? I'm sort of new to the game and I'm afraid the answer is just slowly and slightly tilt up on the control stick... haha

Zerg_

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1607-3815-6289
Hey Mango, I am a huge fan! How do you use up air so efficiently? I'm sort of new to the game and I'm afraid the answer is just slowly and slightly tilt up on the control stick... haha
Use the c-stick. The vast majority of pro-players use c-stick for 95% of their aerials.

Last edited:

Jebus244

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NOHANDLEB4RZ
Use the c-stick. The vast majority of pro-players use c-stick for 95% of their aerials.
Unless you change your hand placement to claw, this doesn't work, and I see a lot of pros instant Uair without using the claw hand placement.

I can instant Uair from a standing position fairly consistently, and it's been difficult to time. I roll my thumb from X to A or Y to A (trying to find which I like better), with a slight angle on the control stick. It's very much muscle memory, and it simply take grinding out the time to get good at it. I use G&W to practice on. It's pretty difficult to do though, if you can use claw, then I would suggest it. I am considering practicing switching to claw just for moves like this.

endlesszora

Smash Rookie
mango can you tell me when/how to use wavedash with c.falcon
and what to do against the ice climbers
because my brother annoys the **** out of me with those 2

thank you

endlesszora

Smash Rookie
hey mango what is the best way to train yourself to be better i only go to tournements once a month and i just started to learn c.falcon
and also i don't really understand what i can do with the wavedash of c.falcon what is the best way to use it
and do you have tips on the ice climbers matchup

thank you for your time

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
is that a real statistic
Nope. You can't use Nairs with the C-Stick, there are some pros that use Z/A instead of C-Stick for some of their aerials, and blanket statements like this are ge nerally never true because most of the top tiers play so differently.

Last edited:

Yung Scrap

Smash Cadet
Yo mang0,

I watched s2j vs ppmd at apex 2015 which was a good match for me to watch since I play a lot of both falcon and falco. I noticed that almost every my time pp was on the ledge he would jump onto the stage shooting two lasers. S2j would try to react to that by full hopping over the lasers and trying to land an up air but he would end up getting hit or having to shield. Is there a good way to counter this as falcon?

BRUJO~

Smash Apprentice
I have been trying to optimize my grab punish game against Sheik with Falcon. Basically my strategy is to downthrow until about 40%, regrab DI in and tech chase with grab DI away. At that 40% is point I switch to nair>aerial combo on DI in. If I keep regrabs going to about 55%, I switch to upthrow and go for whatever aerial I can.

My question is, does anyone have a flowcharted, optimized, percent-specific outline of Falcon's grab game on Sheik? I don't know specifically when to transition to up throw, I don't know when she can jump out of the regrab/tech chase, and when she can jump out I don't know what the optimal follow up is. Any help?

RevySSB

Smash Cadet
Mang0 is obviously not active here anymore. Dont bother asking him questions

Top Bottom