• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallen Pit

Smash Rookie
Question: Is "Stickerbush Symphony" (Bramble Blast) available in My Music? Its my fave song, but its not there....nybody know?

Foe

Smash Journeyman
Best capture card for to record matches. I have no idea what one/how to choose. If you would be so kind can you link me to the page? Thanks. No price limit but under 100 (100 is ok) would be best.

Silent Ninja745

Smash Rookie
How do I unlock the second set of vs. menu options for brawl? I have all the stages, but no random stage select.

Armando Penblade

Smash Rookie
God, I feel ******** posting this, but:

Is there a way out of 'fan lock'?

Twice now, my friend has completely locked my character using the standard fan. I don't remember the matchup the first time, but in the second instance, he was Diddy and I was Pikachu, and NO combination of movement, attacks, and shielding could get me out of his fan battering ram.

He took me from ~50% to ~300% before smashing me out of the map instantly. Twice. In a row.

I *know* this can't be standard and there's got to be some ridiculously simple way out, but I can't find it. What's up?

okor

Smash Apprentice
Can I change the control stick so pushing up doesn't make me jump? And if I can, how?

Ulevo

Smash Master
My question pertains to the content talked about in this thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=152292

I know there is Special Brawl, but I would like to know how many KO's are required to unlock the extra options for versus mode, referred to as "special options". Also, are there any trophies given for a certain amount of KO's and how many KO's are required? Thanks.

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
2) Is there a way to block stages that are chosen in random?
Yes, after you've got second advanced/special/whatever options for vs. mode.

I know there is Special Brawl, but I would like to know how many KO's are required to unlock the extra options for versus mode, referred to as "special options".
I think I read someone say 200 kills but I'm not sure. I myself just played and got it before I even noticed. >_>

Raptorbite

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone else's Wii makes a maddening grinding noise since they got Brawl?

During the loading screens it is especially noticable because there is no noise coming from the tv... just a "chkrrrr chkrrrrrrrrrrrr chk" coming from the Wii.

Now I'm not worried about the game, I work at Best buy and knowing that Brawl was the first dual-layered Wii disc I bought scratch coverage on the disc for a year for $4 but still I'm worried about my Wii and wether or not I will need to send it in.

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone else's Wii makes a maddening grinding noise since they got Brawl?

During the loading screens it is especially noticable because there is no noise coming from the tv... just a "chkrrrr chkrrrrrrrrrrrr chk" coming from the Wii.

Now I'm not worried about the game, I work at Best buy and knowing that Brawl was the first dual-layered Wii disc I bought scratch coverage on the disc for a year for $4 but still I'm worried about my Wii and wether or not I will need to send it in.
I don't think there's anything to worry about, it's just a normal loading sound. I don't rembember if it is as lousy when playing other games (or if it can be heard at all) because I haven't played much with my Wii apart from Smash for past two months but I do remember Metroid Primes 1 and 2 made same kind of noise while it was loading. Both on Gamecube and Wii.

launchpadmcqak13

Smash Apprentice
No and No

I can't think of any questions right now...
You can play up to 3 people on the same console (more and you shouldn't be playing online) while online in the "with friends" category. Just have them press start at the char select.

No it doesn't need to be teams, I don't know about random anyone. (But franky, who cares?)

Zacke

Smash Cadet
Doesn't anyone know?
If me and friend play at the same Wii, can we both play online against randoms?

Eneru

Smash Rookie
Quick question :p. I want to get some 1v1's online and most of the times my friends arent on. So i want to play in the free/regular brawl and also play 1v1. The times that i've tried it, theres always more people coming in. So i was just wondering how to limit it to only 2 people playing the game (1v1).

Thanks.

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
Quick question :p. I want to get some 1v1's online and most of the times my friends arent on. So i want to play in the free/regular brawl and also play 1v1. The times that i've tried it, theres always more people coming in. So i was just wondering how to limit it to only 2 people playing the game (1v1).

Thanks.
There's no way to limit With anyone games to just 2 people. It's fully up to your luck. And even if there's only two players (including you) there's a chance that computer players will fill remaining spots.

Therefore using SWF Friend Finder would probably be the best way to play some 1v1 games when your regular buddies aren't online.

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
Kinda of a stupid question, but how do you do Spaces when you write Text (For Taunt Messages, etc.)? I think I tried everything...

Sorry, if it's been answered already..

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have any good methods for collecting cds? I've just been playing time matches with pokeballs and boxes on high. I still am lucky to get one cd in a 10 minute Brawl. Are there any better ways?

nmaster64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nmaster64
3DS FC
4210-3983-6182
What is the strongest move in the game in terms of damage dealt?

What is the strongest move in the game in terms of knockback?

Based on those two factors alone, what would roughly be the "strongest move in the game" (i.e. both extremely high damage and knockback)?

(items, combos, and final smashes not included)

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
Kinda of a stupid question, but how do you do Spaces when you write Text (For Taunt Messages, etc.)? I think I tried everything...
Tried pressing @()^:; spot once? That's where it comes in Japanese version.

How do I quick fall? I need it to edge guard faster after short hopping.
Press down after you've passed highest point of your jump and start falling down again.

Does anyone have any good methods for collecting cds? I've just been playing time matches with pokeballs and boxes on high. I still am lucky to get one cd in a 10 minute Brawl. Are there any better ways?
Make a CD Factory.

What is the strongest move in the game in terms of damage dealt?

What is the strongest move in the game in terms of knockback?

Based on those two factors alone, what would roughly be the "strongest move in the game" (i.e. both extremely high damage and knockback)?

(items, combos, and final smashes not included)
Game & Watch's down B would probably be the strongest move in every aspect when loaded with good projectiles but I guess you don't count that?

The strongest damage dealer is either Jigglypuff's rest or Ike's fully charged neutral B. Rest gives 40% in total but if you move, the flower which gives over half of that damage won't last that long thus damage won't be near as that big. Ike's nB gives 37% (and 10% to himself) when it's fully charged.

About knockback, I'm not so sure. Takes longer time to test everything but I'm sure Ike's nB would be very high on the list again.

The strongest move in overall? I'd probably go with Ike nB. Then again it takes a looong time to charge till it is in its full potential. Ganondorf's neutral B is almost as effective (32% dmg), especially if you add that turning thing (35% dmg), kills with very little percents and it's a lot faster.

CJay

Smash Cadet
are there only 3 golden hammers for the unlockable things or can you only have 3 at the time.

i dont want to waste them but if i will get another if i use any i will use them on minor things.

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
are there only 3 golden hammers for the unlockable things or can you only have 3 at the time.

i dont want to waste them but if i will get another if i use any i will use them on minor things.
I don't know what the max is or how many golden hammers you will get but I have 4 un-used at the moment.

pirkid

Smash Lord
How many stages can you make? (Depends on your Wii Memory?)
How do you download/upload stages?
~ If you download a stage, can you save it into your Wii's memory?

Thanks.

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
Is there a way to make the game automatically recognize your custom control scheme? Every time I start the game or go from one mode to another (like from VS to Event), controls are reset, and I have to click it and reselect it. This is an inconvenience that eventually leads to me forgetting to set it at all, which is annoying when I'm doing something important like a Classic Mode run.

Is there a way to fix this, or am I stuck with it?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Is there a way to make the game automatically recognize your custom control scheme? Every time I start the game or go from one mode to another (like from VS to Event), controls are reset, and I have to click it and reselect it. This is an inconvenience that eventually leads to me forgetting to set it at all, which is annoying when I'm doing something important like a Classic Mode run.

Is there a way to fix this, or am I stuck with it?
isnt it just saved to whatever name you create? so when you use that name the control scheme is locked too?

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
How many stages can you make? (Depends on your Wii Memory?)
I haven't seen anyone confirm any limit and if there is I suppose it's pretty high. I got bored testing after I had 40 custom stages made. Sakurai says following in DOJO: "And I’m happy that this is compatible with SD cards. You don’t have to worry about size, so make as many stages as you like."

~ If you download a stage, can you save it into your Wii's memory?
Do you mean daily stage from Nintendo or ones from friends? Daily stages cannot be saved but I have no idea about those you've got from friends because I haven't been able to test that. Though I don't see a single reason why those couldn't be saved.

nmaster64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nmaster64
3DS FC
4210-3983-6182
The strongest damage dealer is either Jigglypuff's rest or Ike's fully charged neutral B. Rest gives 40% in total but if you move, the flower which gives over half of that damage won't last that long thus damage won't be near as that big. Ike's nB gives 37% (and 10% to himself) when it's fully charged.

About knockback, I'm not so sure. Takes longer time to test everything but I'm sure Ike's nB would be very high on the list again.

The strongest move in overall? I'd probably go with Ike nB. Then again it takes a looong time to charge till it is in its full potential. Ganondorf's neutral B is almost as effective (32% dmg), especially if you add that turning thing (35% dmg), kills with very little percents and it's a lot faster.
Thanks. What about Charizard's overB and smash attacks?

are there only 3 golden hammers for the unlockable things or can you only have 3 at the time. i dont want to waste them but if i will get another if i use any i will use them on minor things.
There are 5 total in the game. You can actually see into the windows (if they're pink not blue) and tell which will give you another hammer. I believe the only one I'm missing is 30 or 50 hours of brawling, I forget which...

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
Thanks. What about Charizard's overB and smash attacks?
Damages of those I assume. Smashes aren't anything special, forward smash deals most damage, 30% fully charged.

Forward B... I didn't even know it can give such a high damage. >_> Damage varies from 18% to 38% in leaps of 5%. 18% is most common and maybe 28% after that. Tried it quickly on Bowser, Diddy, Ganon and Wolf but only Bowser was big enough to be hit with 38% hit. 33% was the biggest I was able to do to others.

Oh, and Jiggly's rest seems to give 43% if enemy doesn't move. I dunno why but when I earlier tested only Ganon took that 43% while others were only 40%. Now everyone took 43%.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom